Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
    What´s his position, team mascot?
    He has issues with coach McDaniels. Is he going to falter as a 3-4 defensive end, he doesn´t stand a chance if he has to line up inside the offensive tackle, or look like a fool tripping over his short feet as an outside linebacker having to backpedal and shuffle? Or will he be given the opportunity to compete as an inside linebacker or blocking fullback, which much more becomes his stature and proportions and freakish strength bullrushing?

Andra Davis and Elvis Dumervil, inside linebackers
    Well seeing that you cannot spell his name. I really think you are not in the best position to grade him.

When he got 12, 8 sacks his first 2 years he was lined up agasint what? OT. He has shown that he can beat tackles. We do not know how well he will play as a OLB. but if he puts up half the effort he did his first two years i think he will be successful. Last year he played injured alot. so i give him a mulligan.

You really don't know what you are talking about, do you? He has a very good selection of moves.
    Last edited by Broncosinindy; 03-13-2009, 09:27 AM.
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• Con's

1. If Jay does not show up he will be traded to what team??

Will the new team have a good line?

I mean if he went to a team I would want him to go to the Vikings, Bucs, Jags, or Jets. NO LIONS!! The Lions gave up a ton of sacks last year.

2. Forget team loyalty - This is a business. Denver Brass showed you this by looking to move you so you have to understand Jay is NOW looking for HIS best interest.

3. If he go's to a bad team this will only set him back, BUT if he goes to a team that has a DEFENSE they should make the playoffs which will negate this "Jay has not won anything" and I told Jay I want him to say when he holds that Lombardi trophy

"Mel - How do you like me now!!"

4. Is Denver's Defense going to be any better?? Will they continue to blame Jay for not making the playoffs because of a crappy defense??

Mike Lombardi from NFL Network said, the 2008 Denver Defense was the worst he has ever seen on tape. Yet the media blame Jay.

5. Will McD want him there?

Personally, I don't know which way Jay will go. A part of me want's Jay to come back and kick butt and show McDaniels that he is the best young QB in the game now, but then again if McDaniels is still a jerk Jay will have no leverage to get out Denver as he does now by not showing up on Monday.

I just want Jay on a team who wants' him there!

You would want the same!

Peace,
      Cutlerfan
      What on earth are you talking about? Do you even pay attention?

Obviously McDaniels wanted Cassel because he'd coached him for 4 years in NE and felt Cassel could come right in and be familiar with the NE system and run it effectively. Perhaps they also thought they'd get an extra draft pick for doing it. Cassel is in KC and that's over.

The Broncos have NO INTENTION of trading Jay right now! The've said publicly that he will NOT be traded, over and over again. What more do you need? There aren't any "cons" right now other than that Jay would have to deal on a daily basis with McDaniels. Well, tough. People deal with difficult bosses all the time. It's called "business." You don't get to choose you boss, especially in the NFL!

Dan Reeves and Elway didn't get along, but they managed to deal with it and went to 3 SBs together.

Obviously it's true they don't want to trade Jay because they can't get anybody right now who could be nearly as good a starting QB. So, McDaniels would be shooting himself in the foot to trade Jay. He wants to keep his job and to do that he has to win. Starting now.

But, when that trade blew up, that was the end of it. None of the teams now speculating about a trade for Jay Cutler have a starting QB to offer (of they wouldn't be thinking about a trade in the first place).

So, if Denver trades Jay they have to start over with a rookie QB (if they can even draft one) and then train him for 3 or 4 years and then hopefully, he'll be ready to lead the team to the playoffs. In 2011-2012.

But by then McDaniels and probably Xanders will be FIRED!

What other options do they have? Trade for some QB who has failed somewhere else and isn't as good as Jay to begin with? Hire a FA loser? That route gets you a guy like Kyle Boller or Sage Rosenfels. And after the team goes 4-12 and 6-10 over the next two seasons, McDaniels gets FIRED!

Right now, Jay can either wind up someplace like Detroit, where careers go to die and where they have NO OL to protect him, or else he can just come back and play here.

He isn't going to be able to decide where he's going to go. The good teams already HAVE franchise QBs. That's WHY they are good.

As for McDaniels he has to get along with Jay. What differences arise must be dealt with.

Well, if the defense improves and Jay leads the team to a playoff game Pat Bowlen would never let him be traded. Right now, he was willing to let his new coach and GM make the decisions about who they wanted to have as QB.

If McDaniels tries to trade Jay at this point, it would be a sign that he doesn't want to hold onto his job very long.
      Last edited by Cugel; 03-13-2009, 09:31 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Based on everything I've seen about this I have to agree with Trent Green's take he gave on NFL Network:

Jay's got an opportunity here to step up and be the kind of leader the team needs him to be. He's got to understand it is a business and trade discussions will happen- even after Pro Bowl seasons.
        This does not mean his new coach wants him gone, but more likely has to review every possible opportunity to put his team in a more favorable position.

Jay was not traded. Cassell went to KC. The facts are the only things that aren't hearsay. Everything else everyone is dwelling on far too much.

The Broncos need Jay Cutler and he has an opportunity to come back and do something special this next season. There's too much work to be done to keep perpetuating a non-issue.

Go Broncos!!!

Comment

• This message is hidden because mooncamping is on your ignore list.
          I feel more at peace already.
          Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
          FF is awesome!

Comment

• Elvis Dumervil has a fullback/inside linebacker frame.

Comparison:

prototype fullback. John L. Williams, 5´11 228 lbs.

Elvis Dumervil, 5´11 260 lbs.

I will not sway from my insistance that he is made for playing fullback and/or inside linebacker. He does need to lose 30 lbs. and train for these positions before mini-camp comes around, though.

He has issues. Resolve those Elvis Dumervil.
            mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
              Cutler was so tired, he failed miserably in leading his team to the playoffs the last 3 games, averaging a paltry 17 points per game. He used up the last part of his energy crying to the media these last few weeks.
              yeah....what a loser he only needed to muster 53 points in week 17 and we would have won ! it was all his fault !.....lol
              i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

Elvis Dumervil has a fullback/inside linebacker frame.

Comparison:

prototype fullback. John L. Williams, 5´11 228 lbs.

Elvis Dumervil, 5´11 260 lbs.

I will not sway from my insistance that he is made for playing fullback and/or inside linebacker. He does need to lose 30 lbs. and train for these positions before mini-camp comes around, though.

He has issues. Resolve those Elvis Dumervil.
                I think he might be able to play SILB. Always attacking the line of scrimmage. and Blitzing occasionally. But we will never find out, Because someone other then you and i that gets paid to do this said his best chance to succed is at OLB.

Oh and BTW
                English dude, Do you speak it?
                Last edited by Broncosinindy; 03-13-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Where I played, I was reputed to be one of the best defensive ends around. Defensive End is called defensive end because you line up outside the line.

By definition a defensive end that lines up within the offensive tackle becomes a defensive tackle. A 3-4 truthfully employs three defensive tackles, these are further differentiated by calling the one in the middle nose guard, traditionally.
                  mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

• Guys 500 - 700 votes. Klis cant believe that this site called denverbroncos.com cant manage 1000 votes!
                    sigpic
                    "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                    Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

Where I played, I was reputed to be one of the best defensive ends around. Defensive End is called defensive end because you line up outside the line.

By definition a defensive end that lines up within the offensive tackle becomes a defensive tackle. A 3-4 truthfully employs three defensive tackles, these are further differentiated by calling the one in the middle nose guard, traditionally.
                      So how would you define the One gap scheme that teams play. Igor and Chris Canty play pass just as much run in their schemes.

Dude do you have ADD? what does that have to do with Elvis playing LB or ILB or even FB?
                      Last edited by Broncosinindy; 03-13-2009, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Coach McDaniels should outright fire Dumerville.
                        His attempt at team leadership may not be reciprocated by the rest of the team. I like how he indicated they should not take sides and back both parties, but he´s leaning a bit.

Make no mistake, Jay Cutler can continue to veto trade destinations not to his liking. The next package should not only involve him this time, but it should be mutually pleasing. Do not underestimate the losses, that can occur, if any party is dissatisfied with a deal of these proportions.
                        Yeh obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. This has been the most insightful and wise thing said since all this BS has been started. Dumervile, regardless of his flex role, has been a great leader and an upstanding citizen to the city of Denver. He has been nothing but someone you want you kids to lookup to ... and you try to knock him down for being honest. You my friend are twisted... badly.
                        In addition... if anyone has been watching NFL TA (Total Access) Trent Green has been on there for the past couple of days and has said the smartest idea I have recently heard about how Jay should be handling this situation!
                        He said ... Jay needs to come in Monday and stand up in front of all of those cameras and mics and simply say... I'm here to stay, this is my team and I'm gonna prove it.

I think he needs to show up and show everyone wy he deserves this position.
                        I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

• You know guys really it doesn't matter what Jay does to be honest. McD is a power hungry creep who came into Denver and IMO has pretty much ruined everything Bronco football used to stand for. This is how I see it it wouldn't matter what Jay did how well he performed or whatever. McD wanted Cassel on the Broncos. McD used to be his guy at NE and he wanted to bring him to Denver.

Basically it's like thsi don't get mad at Cutler get mad at Bowlen for firing a good coach and putting an idiot in his place. :go:

Comment

• After Jay shows up Monday it will make McD look even more stupid and stop the drama. Let's get back to the posts about the draft and the things to be excited about.
                            GO JAY!
                            Thanks Cutlerfan! :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                              Thread #4,827 on this topic
                              I thought it was #4833?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
                                yeah....what a loser he only needed to muster 53 points in week 17 and we would have won ! it was all his fault !.....lol
                                Surely the #2 offense in the NFL and the next "savior" in Denver could generate more than 1 measly TD drive a half over the last 3 games, but apparently not Cutler.

Comment

Working...
                                X