No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well everyone knows if the Broncos had Matt Cassel last year .... The Broncos would have went at least 14-2 if not better... :devil:
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      Surely the #2 offense in the NFL and the next "savior" in Denver could generate more than 1 measly TD drive a half over the last 3 games, but apparently not Cutler.
      yeah when the defense couldnt stop a drive by the bills?...the raiders awesome O ?c,mon last season rests squarely on the defense !
      i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Comment

Surely the #2 offense in the NFL and the next "savior" in Denver could generate more than 1 measly TD drive a half over the last 3 games, but apparently not Cutler.
        Being out scored 54-112 points in the last three games, Cutler wasnt even close to being the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by utebroncofan View Post
          As somebody said Jay Cutler is not THE TEAM.If thats the case everybody needs to stop saying we are 17-20 with Jay.The team was 17-20 not just Jay.Otherwise if you agree with statements that Jay is 17-20 than you also have to say that he is more important than your typical player.As Jamie Dukes said last night on Total Acess this is a QB driven league and McDaniels was trying to trade a Pro Bowler for a one season wonder.
          unfortunately qbs are just by wins and losses just like starting pitchers in baseball.
          cause if we can't judge Cutler on his 20 losses then we can't judge him on his 17 wins either. You can't have both.
          you can't say he was the only reason why denver won but then turnaround and say he's was never the reason why we loss.
          Just like starting pitchers lose some games 2-1 when the offense doesn't score, they also win some games 9-8 after they gave up 5 runs to start the game. A game that he might not deserve as W that same goes for qb.
          Does Cutler have a lot of games that the defense was putrid and couldn't hold the lead? of course but were there some games that he lost when the defense played better then usual? that happen too.

when it comes to qb they are judged on wins and losses whether you like it or not. Cutler is not 17-0. we are not going to give credit to just his wins but the overall record and as of right now he's 17-20. Doesn't mean he can't improve on that especially with a better defense but lets not make excuses for him either. He will get judged on the good and the bad.

Everybody understand that football is a team game but qb's will always be judge on wins and losses that will be always be beyond our control.
          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
            Coach McDaniels should outright fire Dumerville.
            His attempt at team leadership may not be reciprocated by the rest of the team.
            I like how he indicated they should not take sides and back both parties, but he´s leaning a bit.

Make no mistake, Jay Cutler can continue to veto trade destinations not to his liking. The next package should not only involve him this time, but it should be mutually pleasing. Do not underestimate the losses, that can occur, if any party is dissatisfied with a deal of these proportions.
            Great post!!!!
            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• Cugel...good post.

I agree with 99% of you statements and would add these for everyone:

1. Most of this issue is blown way out of proportion by the media because they have nothing at all to talk about. You can only do 99 mock drafts before even the biggest football fan shoots themselves in the head.

2. It doesn't help that what should be a good source of info (Denver Post) has to be the worst offender in spreading their opinions regarding this issue rather than actually interviewing Jay or McDaniels.

3. Can we please stop refering to Jay as "a Pro Bowl QB" he shouldn't have been there. There were others that were more deserving. I'll leave it at that.

4. Cutler obviously has some personality issues, people at Vandy have made statements, NFL network reported some in the locker room in Denver had issues, etc. One thing for sure he's inmature and acts like a spoiled brat. Look at him in the Pro Bowl.

5. Didn't HE ask to be traded first?

6. 37 interceptions in 37 games aren't quite the numbers I'd want from a QB if I was a new coach.

7. Look at Jay's stats...besides yards he's middle of the road in the league in all stats and second worst in interceptions. I don't know if he's earned the title "franchise QB" just yet.

8. Honestly the Broncos should have been 6-10 last season, you all know why so no need for details. That would give them a losing record over the past 3 years, so don't cry of Shanny being fired. It needed to happen.

9. If Detroit offered me the #1 pick this year, plus either #20 or #33, and their #1 from next year for Cutler I'd have to say the GM in me would look really hard at that. I see Stafford being very similar to Cutler and we could add some real needed talent with the others.

10. If Philly can talk about trading McNabb away year after year, I really don't think Cutler is off limits. That's a very similar situation in which everyone besides the front office is talking about trades.

All this being said. I hope Cutler is here for awhile, but this tantrum crap has to stop. I see him a lot like Favre was early on. Both "gunslingers" both make dumb mistakes (and usually costly), both were somewhat inmature. Oh and another point to remember...both have the same agent...hmmm

Go Broncos!

#12 pick = Brian Cushing - They aren’t made any better than Brian Cushing, from an ability standpoint. Cushing has fantastic size, speed, and athleticism. He has the size and toughness to match up with the bigger, more physical tight ends but the athleticism and speed to run with the H-Back types. His size and strength at the point of attack allow him to hold his ground and make plays in the running game, as well as line up as an edge rusher in passing situations. The time Cushing spent at the elephant end position gives him a very well rounded game. He can make an impact as a pass rusher, stopping the run, or dropping into coverage. Cushing also has very good instincts and is always around the action. He wastes no motion in diagnosing the action and flies to the football
              Last edited by upindbroncs; 03-13-2009, 10:17 AM.
              - a Bronocs fan preparing for the dark times.

He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and third time, till at length it becomes habitual. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                Great post!!!!
                Well sir... in regards to your sig... I am telling you that you are not a Bronco.

Anyone who blindly yells and screams about stupid crap needs to really look at the situation... Regardless of who was right, who was wrong, who is being a bully, and who should be fired/stay/promoted does not matter at all. What matters to Jay, what matters to McD, Bowlen and WHAT SHOULD MATTER TO ALL OF YOU is that the Broncos get their $h*t together and play like a team and beat the crap out of the AFC west. We showed last year we have the talent on offense, we need to buck up on D and play with our heads and hearts and prove we have what it takes to be elite in this league.
                I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos6FTW View Post
                  Being out scored 54-112 points in the last three games, Cutler wasnt even close to being the problem.
                  Don't confuse some people with facts they already have their minds made up.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                    http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11901492

OK, Elevation INC. posted this link in his thread, too. I know. I'm not breaking the news for the first time.

The reason I posted it as well is because of Dumervil's quotes in the article.

"We need to make peace," Dumervil said. "We have a talented team. I think the coaches have a good idea of what direction we need to go and I think it would be unfortunate to have a rumble like that."

I absolutely love what he says. He acknowledges the roles both Cutler and McDaniels have, and how important both of them are going to be for the team. This, from a guy whose role on the team is in flux (at best).

There's little value in hashing and re-hashing the situation, or trying to place blame on anyone in particular. What's important at this point is finding a way forward.

I, for one, will follow Elvis' example and get both Jay's and Josh's backs from now on.

:go::go:
                    I also will follow Elvis' example and I now have Flatlander's back moving forward!!:salute!:
                    My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                      Well everyone knows if the Broncos had Matt Cassel last year .... The Broncos would have went at least 14-2 if not better... :devil:
                      See, at least someone gets it. This is obviously why we wanted to trade Cutler. It also is proof that he is horrible.

Cassel would have gotten us a SB ring last year. I mean, it is obvious our losses are all Jay Cutler. How can people not see this? I bet Ryan Leaf could have gotten more games with this team. The defense always had us in games and Cutler just blew every one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
                        yeah when the defense couldnt stop a drive by the bills?...the raiders awesome O ?c,mon last season rests squarely on the defense !
                        Um, dude....? Sarcasm. You should look it up.

Comment

• Oh and who can forget the other hundreds of QB's to win a SB in their 3rd year without a defense. It is almost sad that Cutler isn't able to beat an entire NFL team by himself yet, well more than 8 times I guess.

Comment

You are a friggen joke..It is really hard to win without a RB...and ask the B Ravens if it was Culters fault, when they won the SuperBowl they scored probably half the points Denver did, You cant win without a running game or Defense..

Silk you cant be serious when you try to point the blame at Cutler.Elway had really really bad years as well, that doesnt make him a bad QB

Comment

• Just give McDaniels a chance.

I found this article that may help put things back in perspective.

"The Denver brain trust had gambled in the off-season, loading up on expensive options for the team's souped-up offense. It added a pair of quicksilver wideouts in Anthony Miller, the former Charger who was signed as a free agent, and Mike Pritchard, who was picked up in a trade with Atlanta. A punishing inside runner, Leonard Russell, was also added as a free agent from the New England Patriots. But the Broncos were less extravagant about upgrading their defense, which was in far greater need of maintenance. After all, Denver had the NFL's second-worst pass defense last season, when the Broncos went 9-7 before crapping out in the first round of the playoffs"

The year?...1995. The Coach?...Shanahan. Not quite the best moves for a first year coach of the Broncos, huh. Oh and due to the trade our first pick was in Round 4 on the draft! Luckily we hit the Jackpot that draft in the 6th round with Mr. Davis.

I wonder if everyone was complaining back then about the new coach?
                              - a Bronocs fan preparing for the dark times.

He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and third time, till at length it becomes habitual. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• This is just getting comical now.

So you guys are saying that with Cassel, we would have won the SB right? Hell, even just made the playoffs. Do you really believe that?

Seriously?

I get how you all hate Cutler. He was only able to beat 8 NFL teams all by himself. Please let me know when you find a QB that is able to beat 31 NFL teams all by himself. THAT is when I would want to trade Jay.

People are now saying Jay made the defense bad? LOL, HOW? He was the one that let other teams score almost EVERY time they had the ball? Really?

Does anyone here actually watch the games?

Comment

Working...
                                X