Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SoulVision View Post
    Cutler goes, I go.

It will just be proof this franchise is going in the opposite direction after everything that has been done to start moving forward.

IDK where, but I'd go.
    dont let the door hit ya

for the record if Cutler stays i dont want ya here
    sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

• The Broncos have no realistic trade partner for which they can get something of decent return for Cutler.

The court of public opinion has changed on Cutler.

They both need one another at this point to repair one another's reps. I see them getting along and playing nice this year. The wild card will be if Cassell gets a new contract in KC before the season is over.

Comment

• First off, I’m Cutler fan since the day we draft him, and I agree with him to be upset, and I don’t want him to leave at all.
        That being said, this team has a very good coach in McDaniels, I loved the fact we brought Dawkins along with the NE approach of FA, I think McDaniels knows what he’s doing or at least he’s trying very hard to get something done, something he knows that works, I’m happy for this team.
        Remember, he’s a QB’s coach he’s not afraid to use a back-up QB and therefore he isn’t afraid of losing Cutler. Won`t lie to you though I’ think this is a bad approach all the way, just because you get two QB up to a very high level it doesn’t mean you can became stone into gold all the time, and he may find himself struggling big time for the first time of his carrier, for the lack of a good QB, but that’s just what I think, I don’t know what leads me to believe that franchise QB’s doesn’t grow in the trees, but I do, also JC is not only a franchise QB, but a “comeback-Capitan” also and I think those are harder to find.
        At this point I’m more of a Jay Cutler fan than a Bronco fan, I’m fan of players not teams, I’m going where Jay goes. I think the 2009 Denver Broncos are going to be as McDaniels says a very hard team to beat, I really think so, and is my wet dream to see Jay being a part of that.
        You know what’s frightening? If McDaniels results to be a bust (which I don’t think so, as I said before) and the trade gets done, we could end up without McDaniels, a franchise QB and Shanny. That aint even be square one because we didn’t start like that. Front office decisions, sometimes is bad if you do, bad if you don’t.

Comment

• Come on guys, you don't love the Broncos because of Jay Cutler. You should love them because they are the Broncos. My favorite Bronco of all time is Steve Atwater, and when he finished his career as a freaking Jet it crushed me. But, you don't drop your team because the FO does something you don't agree with. Damn all these ship jumpers are pathetic

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
            The Broncos FO made a giant fauxpaux, and now McD seems too arrogant to admit his mistake. I think the only way a person attains the position that McD has is to be a bit of an arrogant prick type A personality, so it is not in his nature to apologize. I have said it many times, the way to fix this is to sign Jay to the long term deal he is going to require in the future anyway. The timing is perfect and it would prove to Jay that the organization is committed to him.

I agree with you on both counts. Although apology is always in the tool box of a truly intelligent man. ;-) It's also fair to note that recent debacles in sports (think steroids, MLB, and behavior issues spectrum-wide) have demonstrated that winning isn't enough. One has to win with some class and within the rules. Otherwise the win becomes irrelevant in history.

Josh McDaniels comes from the philosophy that system is superior to exceptional people. Not surprising, but definitely not the way the world works. It's the sign of the times.

When a guy like Bill B. says "he's a real smart guy"....isn't that a little bit someone like Napoleon or Hitler saying, "real smart general"??? Please, considering the source, keep the compliment to yourself, ...lol.

You see, what many fans today fail to comprende is that there are winning championships like the 1980's Bill Walsh SF 49'er teams, with class, style, amazing coaching, repoire and amazing players, or the late-1990's Denver Bronco teams....and then there are the "put a guy in the stands with a camera" Patriot championships.

That's totally lost on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitnlala View Post
              I'm not a McD fan but how, with any sred of objectivity, can you say he has "under-achieved so much of his football life"?

He's the very deffinition of an overacheiver at worst, football prodigy at best.
              I was referring to his college playing days. He's a short QB that never got the height he needed to go to the next level....so he grabbed a clipboard. X and O's are NOT coaching, and I do believe that McDaniels has already demonstrated to the whole world that he's really not that smart after all when it comes to communication with people. Now is he?

Comment

• Originally posted by chazoe60 View Post
                Come on guys, you don't love the Broncos because of Jay Cutler. You should love them because they are the Broncos. My favorite Bronco of all time is Steve Atwater, and when he finished his career as a freaking Jet it crushed me. But, you don't drop your team because the FO does something you don't agree with. Damn all these ship jumpers are pathetic
                Its like the dolt-ness from all the dolt fans around here is beginning to rub off.

Comment

• For the record, I'll be a Broncos fan until the day they have several players commit murder or child rape.

Oh yeah, SoulVision. Get the hell out. We don't want your fairweather type. There's a franchise in Dallas that seems to more your of your ilk.

Comment

• I'll be here after Cutler is gone. But I wouldn't be that excited for this coming season.

Fans of players don't bug me though, we need people buying all the crap the owner needs to make the team profitable and better.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• #4 The media and public opinion of him has changed drastically since the beginning of this.

Jay and Josh need one another at this point. I think both realize it. This will become an issue again if Cutler is successful in McD's system come contract time. If he isn't or McD isn't successful, McD will go and Bowlen would probably retain Cutler a la Elway in the Reeves spat.

Comment

• Way to Go young man....and I mean the head coach

Josh is to blame for this whole thing. For him to even think of trading Cutler for Cassell is absurd. The talent is no where close each other. This is Josh's lack of management skills coming into play. Anyone with business experience can see that writing on the wall. Unfortunately, PAT should be stepping in and helping, but I think he's trying to let Mcdaniel stand up on his own like a "big boy"! I think the front office has made a huge mistake. You can't lie to your employees, and expect positive results...duh! They can't afford to take the hit to the salary cap and get any sort of respectable starter, and that goes for the #1 pick in the draft also. They don't have the cap room to take the money hit for the upfront guarantee. I do think Cutler has to show up on Monday, or the broncos media spin will surely try make him out to be the problem. This has been a joke from the beginning. BRONCOS try to keep your story straight, and maybe you can rectify the situation. Your making yourselfs look like "CHUMPS" and a second rate organization. The fans of BRONCO NATION expect excellence on the field as well as OFF. Step up! Know right from wrong! Lets move onto to making the playoffs!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                          I root for the logo on the helmet before I root for the name on the back of the jersey.

:wave: Have a nice day. I am sure the weather will be fair where ever you go.
                          I agree....CYA! Maybe you can find ONE other player to follow!
                          sigpic
                          Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Comment

• Originally posted by sendacash View Post
                            Why not put the franchise tag on him?
                            How would that help? We aren't worried that he is going to leave because he isn't a free agent, so a franchise tag would do nothing. Plus that deadline has come and gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                              Elway had already carried the team on his back to three Super Bowl appearances. Cutler couldn't even carry the team to a playoff appearance with a 3 game lead with 3 games to play. Cutler isn't going to win that battle. Bowlen doesn't know whether his chances of success are greater with Cutler or McDaniels.

When Bowlen fired Reeves he already had Shanahan in mind to replace him. The reason he didn't hire Shanahan is because Shanahan wanted to replace Wade Phillips, whom Bowlen wanted to be retained, and I don't think he was ready to give Shanahan all the power he wanted at the time. It wasn't until after 2 years of mediocrity under Phillips that Bowlen was willing to give Shanahan all the power.

When the boss calls you better pick up or at least return the call in a reasonable amount of time. Cutler is only giving Bowlen more reasons to back the coach rather than his petulant, whiny bastard quarterback.
                              WRONG! Elway did so with a more than competent defense. however i will agree that when Bowlen calls you had better return his call.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulVision View Post
                                Cutler goes, I go.

It will just be proof this franchise is going in the opposite direction after everything that has been done to start moving forward.

IDK where, but I'd go.
                                Why do people create posts like this...? Does anyone really care? All they want is their 15 seconds in the "spotlight".

2 words... Grow up!
                                Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X