No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the best thing that could happen for the Bronco Org.
    Congratulations. It looks like you guys are attempting to be competitive for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by draco193 View Post
      Weve already seen this story once, and Bowlen picked the gunslinger.
      Lets hope it goes that way again for all of our sakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch1ggs View Post
        Good post. I never liked the Cutler pick anyway. We gave up too much for a whiny brat that thinks he's a football god, and while he may be physically talented, he has yet to post a winning record.
        :salute!:

Comment

• I love Cutler, but lets face the truth....Cassel's stats ARE better than Cutler's, AND he already knows McDaniels system, AND he doesn't seem to have that much of an attitude problem.

Lets see...Cassel took his team to 11-5. Cutler, with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler, only took his team to 8-8.

If it happens, then I will STILL be a Broncos fan, because the Broncos are a philosphy...not a person. McDaniels wants to take this franchise to a winning attitude, and that sometimes takes some hard, unpopular decisions. :salute!:

Comment

• I'm sick to my stomach

Comment

• Originally posted by KYBroncoFan07 View Post
              Maaan. c'mon now. I've been reading these boards for years. I just rescently started posting.

Don't get me on a technicality.
              Its recently....I'm just playing...Technicality haha..but seriously...theres no s.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

• Originally posted by Taz_bb2 View Post
                I love Cutler, but lets face the truth....Cassel's stats ARE better than Cutler's, AND he already knows McDaniels system, AND he doesn't seem to have that much of an attitude problem.

Lets see...Cassel took his team to 11-5. Cutler, with Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, and Tony Scheffler, only took his team to 8-8.

If it happens, then I will STILL be a Broncos fan, because the Broncos are a philosphy...not a person. McDaniels wants to take this franchise to a winning attitude, and that sometimes takes some hard, unpopular decisions. :salute!:
                8-8 with the worst "D" almost in the NFL!!!
                Last edited by tpoz34; 02-28-2009, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• John Elway was a Baby

John Elway refused to play for the Baltimore Colts and got Traded. How many people call him a baby? He was smart. He and his Father knew the Colts were a joke.

As I have stated elsewhere, The Broncos will be up for sale in the next two years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                    Mark my words.

Jay Cutler will not be the long term answer for the Denver Broncos. He may last a year, maybe two, but I ultimately see him leaving. Everyone here agrees the kid is a stud on the field, but time after time he has shown immaturity and a real lack of professionalism off. And who cares about the trade..I'm referencing back to Shanahan days.

Mike Shanahan left Josh McDaniels with a Quarterback that basically can do whatever he pleased without consquence. Bret Farve no. 2 in every since of the word. McDaniels has already shown he is not playing after cutting Dre Bly and 5 defensive starters along with him.

And to those that say "fire the coach!" it won't happen. Too much dead money is tied up in Travis Henry and Mike Shanahan right now. On top of that Pat Bowlen is a guy that in the past has let "masterminds" work independently and judged by the results.

So ask yourself this:

Can the stern, by the book coach and the unorthodox gunslinger Quarterback co-exist?

Personally, I dont think this marriage isn't going to last long.
                    Something tells me you need to lay off the crack-pipe...

Bowlen is likely already torn a piece of Xander's and McDaniel's asses off...Reeves pulled this crap to, and a lot of people could argue he had not proven much either. Say what you want, but more of the fanbase is behind Cutler far more then McDaniels and Bowlen knows it...lol.

McDaniels will go before Cutler, I would bet my soul on that!

Comment

• Originally posted by deanver View Post
                      The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

If that quote is true, that's not good news at all.
                      The source said it was beyond repair.

Cutler said it wasn't.
                      Thanks, Reid!
                      sigpic
                      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I love Cutler, but lets face the truth....Cassel's stats ARE better than Cutler's, AND he already knows McDaniels system, AND he doesn't seem to have that much of an attitude problem.

H mmm... lets see. Cassel hsa ONE year as a starter. Hmmm... cassel started for a team that went 18-1 last season. Hmmm... cutler has had one of the worst defenses in teh NFl for the last two years. HMMMMM... cutler is 11-1 when the defense holds the oppenent to 23 or fewer points (good for just 21st in the NFL)... Hmmmm... Cutler just led a team to an 8-8 record, one of ONLY TWO that have had 8 wins or more when the defense gives up 400+ points in a season. The other 102 teams, averaged four wins a season (the only OTHER team to win 8 or more wins after givign up 400+ points, was the AZ cardinals THIS season).

So you are DAMN RIGHT he took them to an 8 win season, and did it while being only the THIRD QB to have thrown for 600+ passes in his third season!! I would hate .. HATE.. to think what our record would have been had we had Cassel as our QB this last year. We may be picking somewhere in the top three.

Comment

• Seriously the only way cutler would be traded would be on draft day. Also who would we trade him for? Seriously? Exactly...

I am not sure why the story is real. Seriously if we were trying to do some 3 way deal, detroits 1st round pick trade for cassel would be better than stupid KCs 2nd round. It just doesn't really make sense.

Cutler does need to mature. *** cares if you're about to get traded or not. He hasn't proved a damn thing. I hope if nothing else this just lights a fire under him and actualy makes him lead us to the playoffs next year to prove people wrong.

Comment

You're a moron. Give Jay the Pats D and they kill no talent Cassell. Cassell wouldn't have won 3 games with the Broncos last year.
                            Last edited by neume1mb; 02-28-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post

McDaniels will go before Cutler, I would bet my soul on that!
                              I am absolutely certain on that as well ... no way Bowlen lets a Cutler go before he pushes McDaniels out the door.

Plus.. how can anyone say that Cutler could just 'do what he wanted' under shanahan???

Comment

• I can only understand this... IF... McD thought he could get something else... Matt Cassell plus another Day-1 pick, and a starting, productive, role player? I mean, if he felt he could get MC... that he was good enough to run his system... and, while doing that, he could get something of value in return for Cutler... Why not investigate that.

If we had the #1 pick in the draft, swapped 2nd round selections with DET... I might trade Cutler for Cassell.

Fact is... DEN was never offered anything close to being anything near enticing... Hence, we never pulled the trigger. Simple as that.

Cutler needs to chill. Remember what he did against SD... that fumble? I still get sick to my stomach to think that he pulled such a stunt. How many HOF QBs, with the game on the line... go to throw the ball on the GL, only to have it slip out? ARGH!

How about that GL pick near the end of the NO game... or against BUF. SO, I prefer Cutler... but... he needs to grow up.

Comment

Working...
                                X