No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler is the problem now... McDaniel's and the front office never OFFERED him to anyone other teams inquired about him.

If he is getting this butt-hurt about being part of trade discussions then I say get him out of here now. If he is like this now, imagine what it will be like trying to negotiate a contract with him assuming he becomes the player we all think he can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanver View Post
      The source said Cutler was hurt by the news that McDaniels wanted to start his Denver tenure with Cassel and not him.

"The relationship has been tarnished," the source said. "I think it's beyond repair."

If that quote is true, that's not good news at all.
      That makes me believe that ESPN is just looking to butter up the story. Cutler has already said the relationship could be mended.

With so much lousy information on the internet I honestly don't know what to believe. First the whole Dawkins fiasco and now this. I just want the truth! At this point I could wake up in the morning and not be suprised to see Cutler traded. Or, even see that Cutler and McD are cool again. Who really knows??!!
      http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...uff/hillis.gif

Comment

• Originally posted by lancane View Post
        Something tells me you need to lay off the crack-pipe...

Bowlen is likely already torn a piece of Xander's and McDaniel's asses off...Reeves pulled this crap to, and a lot of people could argue he had not proven much either. Say what you want, but more of the fanbase is behind Cutler far more then McDaniels and Bowlen knows it...lol.

McDaniels will go before Cutler, I would bet my soul on that!
        Great post. I couldn't agree more! Cutler is not as good as gone. mcD could be gone before Cutler and Cutler could stay assuming he is on board with the new coach.

I started a thread when McD was named coach and questioned whether Cutler was behind him. He didn't appear at the presser, there wasn't a quote or vote of confidence for weeks. Now this situation happens.

So much for Bowlen assuring fans that the next coach would n't have the power Shanahan did. McD has shown with the goodmans departure and now this situation that he has every bit as much say so!

Comment

• Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
          Cutler is the problem now... McDaniel's and the front office never OFFERED him to anyone other teams inquired about him.

If he is getting this butt-hurt about being part of trade discussions then I say get him out of here now. If he is like this now, imagine what it will be like trying to negotiate a contract with him assuming he becomes the player we all think he can be.
          Why is Cutler the problem now?

I'm still waiting for an article that QUOTES Cutler saying he wants out of Denveer....

Comment

Something tells me you need to lay off the crack-pipe...

Bowlen is likely already torn a piece of Xander's and McDaniel's asses off...Reeves pulled this crap to, and a lot of people could argue he had not proven much either. Say what you want, but more of the fanbase is behind Cutler far more then McDaniels and Bowlen knows it...lol.

McDaniels will go before Cutler, I would bet my soul on that!
            Willing to bet money?

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
              Why is Cutler the problem now?

I'm still waiting for an article that QUOTES Cutler saying he wants out of Denveer....
              Because we were not the one's initiating any trade talks.

He is being a baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by neume1mb View Post
                You're a moron. Give Jay the Pats D and they kill no talent Cassel. Cassell wouldn't have won 3 games with the Broncos last year.
                One year from now, let see who's the moron. Cassel is taking the reins of a team who's D is just as bad as ours. So there's no excuse when Cassel takes his team to a better record. Both organizations are rebuilding.

The AFC West has just become very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                  Willing to bet money?
                  I would...but I don't believe in helping the poor get off their feet without having to work for it!

Comment

• To me, trying to get Cassel means that Mcdaniels was wearing some blue and white glasses and forgetting about Derek Anderson, a quarterback who came out of nowhere to have a good year and then proceed to go back to mediocrity. Cassel took over a team that went 16-0 the year before, of course if he was halfway decent he was going to have a good year. Tom Brady had one of the best offensive seasons in the history of the NFL with nearly the same team. Sending Jay Cutler, who has proven year after year that he has the ability and even made the freaking pro bowl, for a guy that had ONE good year and hasn't proven if he can perform with a team that is no where near as talented as NE is a move that someone with 15 years of tenure with a team would get blasted for making, let only a guy who has been here for only a couple of months.
                    http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=30412676
                    MMO Football Game

I like McDaniels, he will be a good coach. Just not for this team. Belichick needed his Cleveland stint to become the coach he is now and McDaniels is showing the same signs.

Comment

• Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
                      Because we were not the one's initiating any trade talks.

He is being a baby.
                      We were not the ones initiating? Are you 100% suuuuure?

A source close to the situation told ESPN.com that the Broncos pursued the trade because McDaniels wanted to be reunited with Cassel, who excelled under McDaniels last season as an injury replacement for Tom Brady.
                      http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...be-traded.html

Comment

• If Cutler goes, so do I...

Although I'm not a native, I have declared myself a Bronco 'fan for life' since I moved here in 1987 - I have grown up in Denver, and have ALWAYS sworn my allegiance to the Orange and Blue...

When we fired Shanny I was heartbroken, but understood the need for change and my loyalty remained strong.

When we hired Josh McDaniels, although a bit skeptical, I became very excited for the things to come - I LOVED the moves he made as far as putting together a coaching staff, and even in the short time the free agency period has been in full swing I have really liked the FA moves we've made.

But trading the face of our franchise - the guy who's FINALLY filled the shoes of a certain Hall of Famer who we've been trying to replace for almost a decade - makes absolutely NO sense to me at all and that leads me to this: if the Broncos trade Jay Cutler (or if they've damaged their relationship with him to the point where he doesn't want to be in Denver anymore), I am OFFICIALLY through with the Broncos.

Now all of you can question my loyalty, call me a 'fair-weather' or 'bandwagon' fan, whatever you want...but let me assure you, that is and has never been the case - I have never loved a sports team more, and in fact, there's actually few things in life I love more than my Broncos.

But this is INEXCUSABLE.

This very well could be one of the saddest days in recent memory for me...not only could we see the face of our great franchise go, but I may be forced to find a new favorite team.

Comment

• 6 Stupid things regarding Cutler talk. Add your own.

1. Why would the Pats take a 2nd rounder for Cassel if TB was willing to give up a first. Duh...

2. If it was true, why wouldn't McDaniels and Belicheck have hammered this out earlier, even before Cassel signed his franchise tender.

3. Look at all the first round BUSTS at QB, Shanny got it right with Cutler, you don't trade Cutler for a 5th round backup. Unless you are stupid...

4. Bus Cook is obviously the source for ESPNs stories regarding Jay being pissed, now he has spoken to the Post. Why isnt McDaniels directly speaking with his franchise QB?

5. Trading Scheffler also? The TE is an elite weapon in the spread offense. We just cut Nate Jackson, trading Tony Scheffler leaves with Dan Graham, a former Patriot at TE, but not the fastest TE by any means, and then noone else to speak of.

6. This really makes McDaniels and Xanders look like fools, they have definitely screwed up bad, and if we left with a disenfranchised franchise QB, not a good thing. The McDaniels era is starting off HORRIBLY!!! Not what I want to see from the Broncos "Brain" trust. :brick:
                          sigpic

Comment

• I do not agree with this assessment and although I can a little bit understand where it came from, I think it is premature and maybe completely wrong. I do not personally understand some of the kicks on Cutler but I can caution those who are saying some of these things that some of these same things were said about yours, mine and every other Denver Bronco fan that lives and dies to watch our warriors in the orange and blue hit the field, all of our fans biggest hero and that is Mr. Elway himself. We have got to come together as fans and as a team and sometimes at such a young age as Cutler you are not going to be perfect and we have all been there. number 7 grew into the mammoth football god that he was and will forever be, he didn't come into the league like that and he also had some of the very same issues and yes that was sometimes with the coaches as well but in all that is what makes these guys professional's, because when it is time to go to work they drop all of the petty things and concentrate on one thing and that is winning. Jay is still learning how to be a professional and you cannot say with any degree of certainty that he is going to fail at that but more of as a fan of the Denver Broncos, you should have his back and support him because he is the quarterback of our beloved team and a damn good one at that and he will only get better both on and off the field! I do not know how Cutler could even sit and watch the Dawkins press conference and not become a better professional and being around guys like that is going to teach him exactly that. The kid is young and we need to stand behind him and watch him grow as a player and shine as a star when he takes us to the promised land and then reflect on all of these year's when he is retiring as a bronco and remember just like we do as parent's all of the up's and downs and in the end the glory of the product that we were able to produce!!!!!

Comment

I would...but I don't believe in helping the poor get off their feet without having to work for it!

Because you're not as half as confident as I.

Comment

• Weak..

Thick -n- Thin.

I'll NEVER STOP BEING A BRONCOS FAN!!!!!!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE THING I LOVE OVER THE BRONCOS

AND IT'S FAMILY
                                Last edited by Silent-Assassin; 02-28-2009, 06:11 PM.
                                Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

Comment

Working...
                                X