Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coco View Post
    I am not going to join the Jake VS Jay battle today, I will say this,

I am sure that all those who hated Jake can now admit that he was not the sole problem of this team, and that Cutler is not the save all, be all that some thought him to be. Some called for a Pro Bowl, others called for a SB year....all very unrealistic.

Cutler, for all our sakes, should pan out...I hope. I do wish Jake was with the team, but that doesnt matter because Jay is our QB and that is not going to change.

He does have an arm, but not a winning record, and if Shanahan was being honest when he said Jay gave us the best chance to win, he was wrong. Mike sold us a one trick pony in the 2007 Broncos.

Lets hope the story does not repeat itself in 2008, here is to the team finding itself again.
    Jay, as a QB, is doing more to help us win than Jake ever did. We actually have a passing game, something we havent had in a long time. Just so happens that when Jay started playing, our defense stopped

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by TheFuture6 View Post
      Jay, as a QB, is doing more to help us win than Jake ever did. We actually have a passing game, something we havent had in a long time. Just so happens that when Jay started playing, our defense stopped
      I will never agree with you on that, Plummer did plenty to help the team win, but lets not get into that.

You hit the nail right on the head, it is a team effort, but dont tell me that the defense is on the field when we are in the red zone and come away with 3 instead of 6 more often than not....

What good is that arm if you cant get it in the end zone, I swear, these last couple of weeks, this team should have put up upwards of 50 points.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree - I know Coco is a huge Plummer fan.

Jay will be fine. People are just silly on here at times with this bashing!

Sure Jay had two picks but you can't blame Cutler. I mean dang. We could not even run for 100 yards on the worst team inthe league.

Jay threw some great passes. Tim Ring even said Jay has been the bright spot for this team this year.

My honest feeling is this. There are some fans mad at getting rid of Plummer for Cutler and have been waiting for Cutler to have a bad game so they could let their frustration out.

I watched Cutler and I have watched Plummer since AZ State.

Give me Cutler anyday!!!! No comparison. We sall Jake last year come in for this bad team against San Fran. How did he do??

Can you imagine how Cutler would have done with AL Wilson on defense! Wow!!

----------------------------------------------
        I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I’d like to argue Griese vs. Plummer.

It’s just as relevant as Plummer vs. Cutler.

I mean, how could Shanahan let a pro-bowl QB go? And to sign a QB who did nothing but win one measly playoff game as the Cardinal’s QB?

Or, we could argue DeBerg vs. Elway. That would be just as relevant at Plummer vs. Cutler.

Comment

Originally posted by ralden96 View Post
            Every week I watch and think back to the days with Jake Plummer and wish. Cutler continues to do nothing to win games. He's got a great arm but who cares? The league is about wins, not how far you can throw a ball. The sad thing is that no matter how you cut it these years with cutler, sort of like the dark ages, are going to continue until someone realizes he SUCKS!!! Look at who Shanahan has for QBs. They are pathetic.

Somewhere Plummer is laughing his butt off, and for good reason.
            you must be on something...jake had a good winning percentage but he didnt ever win the big games, plus jay is only in his second year and just played his 17th game of his career. jay is the truth and he's going to only get better and better once he get more experience
            Lets GO Broncos!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
              Hey, just like it's not fair to lay all the blame on Cutler for yesterday's loss, it's also not fair to blame Plummer for that AFCCG loss. Apparently, our offensive line decided to take an early vacation that day and we had high schoolers playing for them. That game was a TEAM loss, just like yesterday.
              I remember hearing an interview with Bill Buckner once, where he expressed his contempt and disgust with the fans in Boston having the audacity to hold up "we forgive you, Bill Buckner" signs. "Forgive" him? For what? How friggin' dare you, y'know? And I really empathized with Buckner, and swore I would never say that or feel that way about a player.

But man, I will never forgive Plummer for the 2005 AFC Championship game.
              sigpic

TZ

Comment

Originally posted by broncophan View Post
                I agree.....this has nothing to do with Plummer...
                And hopefully someday soon Cutler will become a consistant, winning qb.....not a consistant loser.

Patience.........
                Cutler is one of the most consistently good players on the team, why do you insist on calling the guy a "Loser"?

Just for craps and grins, give us 5 players that are consistently better than Cutler.

I think the best QB's in the league would struggle to win consistently with this team....And imo, your issues with Cutler are transparent......

Comment

Originally posted by coco View Post
                  I will never agree with you on that, Plummer did plenty to help the team win, but lets not get into that.

You hit the nail right on the head, it is a team effort, but dont tell me that the defense is on the field when we are in the red zone and come away with 3 instead of 6 more often than not....

What good is that arm if you cant get it in the end zone, I swear, these last couple of weeks, this team should have put up upwards of 50 points.
                  I dont want to sound like I keep making excuses, but look at our OL this year compared to years past.

Remember our 13-3 season when we had Lepsis, Hamilton, Nalen, Carlisle (who IS a good guard), and Foster. All veteran players up front who could clear the way.

Now check out this year: Lepsis, Kuper, Myers, Holland, and Pears. Lepsis is bad at pass protection, and, with all due respect, who the heck are these other guys?

Our 13-3 season guys have a combined 45 years of experience between them. Our guys this year have a combined 23 years experience, 11 of those coming from Lepsis. That could create a problem when you get close to the goal line

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

Can you all freakin' leave Cutler alone? I would love to see any of these people say he sucks to play in his position. I understand that he's been playing football since a young age, but the game changes as you move forward in your career. So, for Jay being in his first full year, he's doing fine. He's learning and growing. If you don't like it, like a different team. And if you are a Broncos fan, deal with what the team has.
                    And you know what, no matter what you all call him or say about him, I still love him. Win or lose, I am his fan. I will support him and if I have to, I will always defend him. Even when there isn't much to defend. (And maybe I am obessed, but so what.)
                    Last edited by I_Only_Like_Jay; 12-04-2007, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I think its pretty clear Jay Cutler is not a bad QB. From what Jay has shown so far in his career there is no reason to think that he wont be a great QB in the future for this franchise. Give us a defense and some field position and then complain about the QB. He could be playing the same as he has been all season and if the other parts of this team played better we would have two loses. NONE OF THE PROBLEMS ON THIS TEAM ARE BECAUSE OF JAY CUTLER.
                      sigpic

Comment

There is no need to make excuses for Jay Cutler, the guy is already a damn fine player in his own right......

Comment

right. people ask "what is that vince has that gets those wins?" answer:

a defense because lord knows his 155 (something like that) ypg isn't doing it

Comment

Agreed and I think Cutler is a great quaterback but like its always said give him some more time
                            sigpicR.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash
                            GO BRONCOS

Comment

I dont have a problem with Jay. I think hes a good qb. Hes got a good head on his shoulders and a cannon for an arm. I just think putting him in last year was not that good of a decision. Denver was in the middle of a playoff race and throwing a rookie qb in there to lead a team is tall order. I think that we shouldve let Plummer stay in and finish what he started. We didnt make the playoffs anyway so its not like Plummer couldve done much worse. But then we give Jay the nod to start this year. I think we shouldve handled the Plummer situation better though. Id still like to have Jake on the team to help Jay get used to NFL play. You all know that the rookies and young guys always have a seasoned vet to look to for help. Jay really doesnt have that this year. He kind of is learning on the fly. Which I think is why he needs to be cut a little slack here. But Id rather have Plummer as a backup qb than who we have now. At least he knew the team and could come in and attempt to be productive. I actually like Plummer and think he was a good qb. Did he make mistakes? Yeah, but who doesnt. I just think he shouldnt have shaved and cut his hair. I dont know what it was but when he had that look going we were good (13-3 season).

But whats passed is passed. I think Jay will be good. Hes just getting through what young starters have to. A to Jay and future success.
                              Last edited by HurricaneDovs; 12-04-2007, 07:55 PM.
                              LET 'ER BUCK!!!
                              Adopted by: Peanut, Chazoe60, CanDB, RealBronco and JakeNbake

Comment

Coco is so bias for Plummer. He will never realize Plummer played bad on a good football team and Cutler is playing good on a bad football team. The team has changed dramatically since 05. I don't know why he is still here anyway, I thought he made a thread about him quitting being a Bronco fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X