No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiper loves S.E.C. guys. Not suprising that he's from the east coast.

Off topic but remember when Mel Kiper said that Ryan Leaf's attitude would suit him well in the NFL and forever give him a "Mental advantage" over Peyton Manning? LOL. Enough said on this chump.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
      More comparison to Elway huh? Jeebus Chrits...when are you going to learn?
      So it's not ok to take similar situations of other quarterbacks and apply them to Cutler when it's applicable? Or only when it suits YOUR posts?

I have something for that too:

sigpic

Comment

• Considering this circus act is starring 2 immature "professionals" in Crytler and McDancingNancy, it's very clear to me the situation needs a babysitter, and Bowlen isn't doing his job.

Comment

• Did some of you actually think this would be water under the bridge before Monday?????

Give this time, maybe a season or 2. Winning is the only true fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
            Oh trust me, I am not trying to turn Cutler into a villain, I have invested so much into believing he is the quarterback of the future that if he does eventually get traded, I will be heart broken. And I am not a McDaniels supporter thus far, I am having a hard time with a lot of his decisions, but... I have empathy for his situation. I have been in leadership positions where you have to make tough decisions that upset everyone around you, even people you like; at this point, I think Cutler has had a real opportunity to step up and prove what a leader he can be, he has just chosen to play a drama queen over it.

Imagine if after the Cassel trade fell threw, Cuter said "hey, I don't care about what might have happened, I am here now and I am going to do everything in my power to get this team a championship." What a hero he could have been!

BRILLIANT! Fantastic point. That would have brought all of the drama to a huge halt. That's the reponse that a professional person should have. I'm in an executive position myself and you're spot on. Sometimes you have to do things that alot of people don't like, but it's business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoss View Post
              I know McD is just trying to be a coach, but is the time to criticize someone's play during a conference call in which fences are supposed to be mended??? Come on Josh, lets be a little bit smarter than that.
              Or maybe he was just trying to let Cutler understand why they considered traded him?

Seriously folks this is just getting plum right crazy, Cutler acts like he is freaking Payton Manning or something when he is closer to Jeff George. I liked the guy even after all the crap about how he could throw harder then Elway and how he is this and that. But until he puts himself in the Top 5 QB list in the NFL on Non Bronco Homer list his butt is tradeable.

Get over it Cry Baby Cutler your not that damn good, and you Homer fans need to understand that as well.

Comment

• REAL leaders in business or otherwise, don't piss and moan endlessly if they don't get their way. They fight through adversity, find a way to make things work, deal with the hard times and DO THEIR JOB. End of story.

Right you are, I just don't get why that thought even came up in McD's Mind...

Dah well,

I aint trippin B.

We'll just see what goes on.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  So it's not ok to take similar situations of other quarterbacks and apply them to Cutler when it's applicable? Or only when it suits YOUR posts?

I have something for that too:

Blasphemy? You're comparing him to a HoF and arguably the greatets QB ever in Elway. If you're going to compare him do it to a guy like Carson Palmer, who's similiar in talent, situation, and career.

Why don't we just go ahead and compare Tony Romo to Troy Aikman while we're at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehoot79 View Post
                    Yes, because Mark Schlereth is an expert in NFL contracts and their negotiations. A contract is a contract. Cutler let's the entire team down if he no shows the first meeting with the new coaches tomorrow. It will show that he is childish, selfish and cares about nobody, but himself. It will set a terrible example for a very young team. By the end of this fiasco, Jay Cutler will realize that the Broncos management is in charge...not him.
                    You do realize it's a VOLUNTARY workout and he's NOT actually required to be there?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Sell the team and moe it to San Antonio.

When it's own fans are hoping for it's failure, it's a forgone conclusion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
                        What do you think about his thinking that the Broncos might take Tyson Jackson? LSU players seem to be a bit over-rated.
                        I dont think its a complete impossibility.

But I think its nearly impossible to guess what we will do...we have no track records for McD and Xanders and our defense has so many holes we could go anywhere.

Just gonna have to wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          By that token, the franchise quarterback and leader of the team shouldn't allow himself to be treated like an expendable 2nd class citizen by the front office, either.
                          Exagerate much?

2nd class citizen? C'mon. I understand your point, but that is unfounded. Bottom line is they ARE both wrong in this whole ordeal.
                          My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

This isn't fantasyland, dude. Jay Cutler signed a contract with the Denver Broncos. He's already committed to us by signing said contract, whether he likes it or not. He's an employee and he is required to do his job or he's in breach of his contract. Why should he risk an injury in 2009? Becuase we are paying him 6 million dollars a year to do so. Good grief, your logic is ludicrous.
                            Of course, in reality, everything you've just stated is incorrect. There have been 100s of players who, while under contract, have refused to play. And one thing all of those players have in common is that their value declines. Not that anyone currently with the Broncos know anything about "value". After all, they tried to trade a franchise quarterback who was probably worth 2 number one draft choices at the end of the season for a player (Cassel) who they could have gotten for a 2nd round draft choice (what KC paid). And the Broncos would then have Cutler and Cassel. Now, with all the front-office incompetence, and the fact that the Broncos may HAVE to move Cutler, his value may not include one 1st round draft choice. Teams can just wait for things to get worse before offering anything for Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
                              Exagerate much?

2nd class citizen? C'mon. I understand your point, but that is unfounded. Bottom line is they ARE both wrong in this whole ordeal.
                              I like how Jay Crytler is already bigger than the organization.

At least John Elway had to earn it.

Comment

This isn't fantasyland, dude. Jay Cutler signed a contract with the Denver Broncos. He's already committed to us by signing said contract, whether he likes it or not. He's an employee and he is required to do his job or he's in breach of his contract. Why should he risk an injury in 2009? Becuase we are paying him 6 million dollars a year to do so. Good grief, your logic is ludicrous.
                                Your the one living in a fantasy land. Contracts in the NFL are broke by employers and players all the time. I know that you want the world to be 'fair' and that you belive Jay has to play for us because of the contract....however, lets bring some reality to your fantasy land. In reality, disgruntled star qbs get traded when they want to be traded. Then they get huge contracts and get rewarded for their demands.

Cutler is holding all the cards here. Yea, Denver could call his bluff and force him to play. But then our season would be ruined and the dark cloud that has been hanging over dove valley for the last mont will stay for the next year.

Bowlen is not stupid. If Jay forces a trade, Bowlen will oblige. Then, Jay will get a new contract from his new team and double his salary.

If I was Jay, that's what I would do. I mean Denver doesnt want him and this other team wants him and is willing to pony up big dollars. Why would Jay stay?

Denver should rework Jay's contrcat now. It is the only way we can keep him here. He has exceptional talent. If we let him leave, we will regret it for 10-15 years.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X