McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    I can only understand this... IF... McD thought he could get something else... Matt Cassell plus another Day-1 pick, and a starting, productive, role player? I mean, if he felt he could get MC... that he was good enough to run his system... and, while doing that, he could get something of value in return for Cutler... Why not investigate that.

If we had the #1 pick in the draft, swapped 2nd round selections with DET... I might trade Cutler for Cassell.

Fact is... DEN was never offered anything close to being anything near enticing... Hence, we never pulled the trigger. Simple as that.

Cutler needs to chill. Remember what he did against SD... that fumble? I still get sick to my stomach to think that he pulled such a stunt. How many HOF QBs, with the game on the line... go to throw the ball on the GL, only to have it slip out? ARGH!

How about that GL pick near the end of the NO game... or against BUF. SO, I prefer Cutler... but... he needs to grow up.
    Tom Brady threw a pick in that 2006 AFC CG against the Colts at the end of the game....

HE IS TEH ULTIMATE FAILZ PATRIOTS SHOULD TRADE HIM AND HIS 3 SB RINGS AWAY FOR DARRELL HACKNEY AND HE CAN COME HERE AND TEAM UP WITH CUTLER FOR THE WORST QB TANDEM IN HISTORY!!!!111!!!

Everybody screws up dude, Elway was pretty bad in Denver for many of his first years.

Comment

• you see, this... http://cbs4denver.com/broncos

is the problem. The headline is.. "Broncos Shopping Jay Cutler."

Where are they getting this from? That is the b.s. that i hate.

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
        I was calling your acquisition of Cutler being a baby "bunk"....
        Rofl that makes no sense, but I know what you are "trying" to say.

Anyway I think that Jay is being incredibly immature and is blowing this out of proportion. That is what I mean by "baby". I think that McDaniel's and the rest of the Management have moved on to other things.

They are busy trying to build this team around Cutler, not addressing internet rumors.

Comment

• Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
          you see, this... http://cbs4denver.com/broncos

is the problem. The headline is.. "Broncos Shopping Jay Cutler."

Where are they getting this from? That is the b.s. that i hate.
          Its the media its what they do, making something big out of nothing who cares if denver Listened to trade offers for cutler its not the end of the world no play in todays age is untouchable!
          PROUD MEMBER OF BRONCOS COUNTRY
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by JAT View Post
            Jay didnt do anything wrong....he said he wants to stay....end of story
            yes-Jay handled this as well as he could have, but this is not good. I thought other teams were knocking on our door and we just listened and then said no, but it sounds like we were players in the deal for awhile. I would not be pleased if I were Cutler-in fact I would be very pissed. And by the way, Tyler Thigpen and Cassell had similar numbers this year-so Cassell is no lock for stardom the way we think Jay is. This will be an early test of trust for Cutler and Mcdaniels.

Comment

• Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
              Rofl that makes no sense, but I know what you are "trying" to say.

Anyway I think that Jay is being incredibly immature and is blowing this out of proportion. That is what I mean by "baby". I think that McDaniel's and the rest of the Management have moved on to other things.

They are busy trying to build this team around Cutler, not addressing internet rumors.
              How is he acting immature? Seriously? How? You keep saying the SAME damn thing over and over again...

Was he immature in that phone call? Was it because he said the relationship hurt Mcdoogie and Cutlers relationship a little?

C'mon, get real.

Comment

• one other thing that xanders said was that " we will not trade Cutler" he better stick to this! man Im soooo pissed right now. way to ruin the freeagency period with this crap. McDumbas should have hung up on anyone who called and mentioned cutler, dont even entertain the idea, this guy is for sure a rookie head coach and apparently an idiot on top of it. and whats worse he dont know it. Bowlen better be ripping both xzanders and Mcdumbasses Asssess!
                sigpic

Comment

• A lot of people need to calm down around these boards nothing is going to happen with cutler and if/when some thing ever does happen than all hell can break loss
                  sigpic

Comment

It's the opposite because your calling out Cutler, and calling him a baby during all of this...

How exactly is he a baby?

You said you watched the video. He said he WANTS to be the BRONCOS QB next year, and WANTS to learn this new offense to take the Broncos to the playoffs.

He has a RIGHT to be a little mad... Hell he woke up and heard he was in a trade rumor the night before!

How EXACTLY, in this instance is he acting like a baby?

He's not...
                    Can we please plaster this post in every single thread on the entire forum? B4 is one of the few right now with some common sense.

Comment

How is he acting immature? Seriously? How? You keep saying the SAME damn thing over and over again...

Was he immature in that phone call? Was it because he said the relationship hurt Mcdoogie and Cutlers relationship a little?

C'mon, get real.
                      No... it is because he is feeding the fire by continuing to say that he thinks that we wanted to trade him.

When asked if we were trying to trade him he should have said no. Instead of answering the question straight up, he basically said "That is what the Broncos are going to say". That is what the organization has said, because that is what happened.

It shouldn't hurt their relationship... he shouldn't even be upset. A couple of teams saw an opportunity to try and negotiate for Jay and jumped at it. If anything he should be flattered that other teams want him on their team. The best way for him to handle this would have been to say that rumors are rumors. The problem is he is fueling the fire.
                      Last edited by fxblitz; 02-28-2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmarsh15 View Post
                        A lot of people need to calm down around these boards nothing is going to happen with cutler and if/when some thing ever does happen than all hell can break loss
                        Hope your right
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          I reallly really hope so, then i can be happy about signing Dawkins.:cutler:
                          I'm with you brother. This whole thing has been like getting a date with that chic from the "Transformers" movie then getting a text while you're on the date saying your house might be burning down.
                          All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

• Cutler is Smarter Than You Think

The rumors are unsubstantiated, but when Cutler heard about the rumors, and then later knowing that he will never be traded..., he used the situation as a podium to protect the rest of the guys who might have been on the trading block.

"I love those guys", "I love playing for those guys."

Most notably, guys like BMarsh, Stokely, Scheffler.

Now he has essentially blackmailed the GM and Owner from moving those dudes this year.

Think about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cloud of dust View Post
                              yes-Jay handled this as well as he could have, but this is not good. I thought other teams were knocking on our door and we just listened and then said no, but it sounds like we were players in the deal for awhile. I would not be pleased if I were Cutler-in fact I would be very pissed. And by the way, Tyler Thigpen and Cassell had similar numbers this year-so Cassell is no lock for stardom the way we think Jay is. This will be an early test of trust for Cutler and Mcdaniels.
                              They obviously planned not to tell jay about this so that if no trades went through they could move on with jay as the qb ...but jay seems to be somewhat understanding about the whole trading fiasco so its really McD and X's choice of whether they wanna move on with jay ..

If u ask me the day we should be worried about is draft day ...if he is gonna be traded thats the day it will happen

Comment

• Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
                                No... it is because he is feeding the fire by continuing to say that he thinks that we wanted to trade him.

When asked if we were trying to trade him he should have said no. Instead of answering the question straight up, he basically said "That is what the Broncos are going to say". That is what the organization has said, because that is what happened.
                                I agree with you on that cutler call up josh and tell him to meet you some where so that the 2 so called grown men can get this all straightened out
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X