McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
    I understand the point you are trying to make Mojo and don't neccesarily disagree with you.

However, let's talk to the business side a little more.

If you are in a business position for any length of time, you realize that it is a very small world. In fact, it is quite common to manage someone who then becomes your manager. In sales, you may lose a customer, but then they come back to you later in time.

Why is this relevant?

Because your actions and comments are not forgotten. You win gratiously and lose gratiously. Successful people rise above the noise and realize that aspect of both business, and the personal side as well.

Can you honestly believe that Jay has acted 100% honorable in this whole deal?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

I'm not saying the FO has not screwed up in this, but Cutler could have handled this so much better than he has.

It just sucks it's all going down this way. It's going to suck seeing Cutler in another uniform. He could have stepped up and SHOWN exactly why he is untradable.

Comment

• Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
      I understand the point you are trying to make Mojo and don't neccesarily disagree with you.

However, let's talk to the business side a little more.

If you are in a business position for any length of time, you realize that it is a very small world. In fact, it is quite common to manage someone who then becomes your manager. In sales, you may lose a customer, but then they come back to you later in time.

Why is this relevant?

Because your actions and comments are not forgotten. You win gratiously and lose gratiously. Successful people rise above the noise and realize that aspect of both business, and the personal side as well.

Can you honestly believe that Jay has acted 100% honorable in this whole deal?
      Jay is looking at this from business standpoint. He has what, 3 years left on his contract. This is his chance to make big money now! Any team that trades for him will have to work out a new contract. KA-CHING!

Comment

• Exactly. Why do people think that teams are tripping over themselves trying to make deals with McDaniels for Cutler? Because he's a whiner and a pathetic QB? If people think that, they need to read Pro Football For Dummies. You can't teach the skills that Jay has, and you won't find a single QB in this draft that even comes close to touching the ability and intelligence that he has. If he threw in the combine against these guys, he'd smoke them all.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Good thing Jay Cutler didn´t study law in college, or he would be really paranoid!
          mooncamping is a new Cleveland Browns fan

Comment

• Originally posted by 203KillinSpree View Post
            McDaniels is the idiot
            Posted on: March 15, 2009 5:15 pm
            Edited on: March 15, 2009 5:16 pm

I keep hearing and reading the same things as it relates to the Jay Cutler-Josh McDaniels feud in Denver. Most of if states that Cutler needs to quit being a baby and realize the NFL is a business.

Yes, he might be overreacting. And he deserves some ripping. But what's lost in this battle is that if the NFL is a business, which it is, the Broncos are considering some of the worst business I've seen.

How can they even consider trading a franchise quarterback who is 25 years old? Cutler's taking all the heat, but McDaniels is the one who should be.

He's the one who is in his first head job and he's considering making one of the dumbest decisions a coach can make. There are only so many good quarterbacks in this league and he's thinking about trading one away. Why is he getting a free pass here? He's the one who should be getting torched.

So both parties deserve some heat. But there's no doubt McDaniels is the one who deserves the most of it.

http://peteprisco.blogs.cbssports.co...15047/14060052

Amen buddy.
            sigpic

Comment

• Im in Missouri so I'm not sure if your in Central time or Mountain... but someone please tell me how to watch this or just gimme the closed captions of it ... lol that will be fine!! :salute!:
              I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

• Time to be a Bronco not split

Originally posted by pikman View Post
                None of us really knows what went on or what is going on. We are at the mercy of the reporters and this has turned into the worst drama the Broncos have seen since I can remember (and that's 30+ years). But for what it's worth here is my 2 cents...

Tell Jay to take a seat. Don't trade him, let him sit.

I know people will say don't waste the money and get what you can for him and move on. This is a logical step, but if the Broncos want to play hardball with the kid, maybe give him a REAL reality check they let him sit, or hold out, or do whatever his dumba$$ agent has planned. Does he not realize that he is under contract to the Broncos and if they so choose Jay's talents can waste away on the bench or at home. Jay needs to realize that will dramatically affect his stock and his ability to get the big contract he thinks he's entitled to.

Let Jay play his cards and don't acknowledge his childish behavior. This whole episode is a distraction that a rebuilding team does not need. Like McDaniels or not realize he needs to focus on getting this team on the right track, and this drama is just a distraction that isn't needed and never should have happened.

Now you all can tell me how it is all McDaniels fault.

Why are you taking sides if you really don't know what went on. I don't remember Cutler ever saying he didn't want to play for his teammates. Nor do I remember Mcd saying he can't wait to work with his Knew pro bowl qb. But instead he wanted his carear backup qb. This is desturbing to me as a LONG TIME BRONCO FAN. Mcd quotes disturb me. He is the boss. He will say who goes. He doesn't have to be nice to his knew team leader. What kind of boss is that being. I liked his enthusiasm when he came in. But this outlook on this is his team and he can distruct it if he wants is not OK. I thought this was our team!!!! Where the hell is Bowlen in all this? He is supposed to be a mediater not be on one side of the fence. Bowlen has went with the caoss. Maybe his head is the one we should be looking for. Ican't imagine letting our qb go after 10 yrs of looking, we finally got another top quality qb. They don't grow on trees as some of you assume. We are so close to big things now that Mcd is fixing the D. I don't care about Mcd ego, quit showing your youth in this and tell Cutler you do want him lead OUR team on the field. You don't have to be best friends to be winners. Some day you and him will realize they have alot in common. Just make this ignorance go away. Because this could spiral out of control to the point we go backward years. Then Cutler looses, Mcd looses and worst of all WE LOOSE. Thats just not kosher. So mcd lead by example, smoose over with Cutler and he can be a leader for our team on the field. Remember all Cutler wants is to be wanted. I want him to lead our team. Thats not being a cry baby. You wouldn't be happy if you heard from a friend your boss was out on the town this weekend and told people he was getting rid of you as an employee for a ki off the street with no job experience. You would say are you nuts. Please end this insanity Mcd for our benifit. Want Cutler to stay and he will show up and excell for us.

Comment

• I knew there's alot of babies in denver, but wow.

Comment

• Broncos Fan

I have been, am, and always will be a Bronco Fan. However Josh has NOT said "Sorry" as I read in this post. In fact he's done the complete opposite. He's said hes "NOT SORRY". I said it from the begining, he (Josh) got played like a violin (by Billichick). And as everybody in this forum with some morals points out, he is turning this orgranization into the Patriots. A bunch of cheating, lying, good for nothing losers.

I am originally from Miami and moved up to Gainesville about 3 years ago (yeah we got Tebo). I went through this in Miami with Shula and JJ. While I always loved the Dolphins (just as I will always love the Broncos), I did not support JJ and I WILL NOT Support Josh, or that whole system. I CANNOT support a bunch of liars and cheaters. Doesn't make me love the Broncos any less. The best scenario would be that Bowlen would realize the big mistakes that's he's made one after the other. But with all the money he's spent, that's not going to happen. That being the case, I hope Josh falls flat on his face just like JJ did in Miami.

And I'll tell all those people that want wins no matter what the cost (cheating, dishonesty, etc). I love the Broncos and Dolphins, but I love the game of FOOTBALL more. And it has brought me great joy to watch the Shulas, Reeves, Shanahans, Landry, Knowles, Marinos, Kosar, Elway, Sweetness, etc. etc. etc. (you get the picture). These people have earned respect with their hard work and dedication. Those are the qualities I admire. Marino never won a ring, and I consider him amongst the best to ever play. The way they treated him with JJ was a disgrace (see the similarities). How many times did Marty lose to Elway, but Marty has always been a class act and provided some of the NFL most classic battles.

All this being explained, there is no way in hell I will support Josh or his methods. I still love the Broncos, and my only hope now is he flops as fast as possible and leaves, or Bowlen comes to his senses.

Bert428

Comment

• I think the Jay trade talk is a way to get to a rebuilding mode. How much of a better way to lower expectations and get a longer chance at an inexperienced coach keeping his job longer.

Conspiracy theory? maybe, but McD did learn under Bellicheat

Comment

• trade him while stock is high, or sit and get nothing. I like the way you think, Donkey.

Who Says I dont some what like the Donkeys!

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1-1-07

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                          Trading franchise QB's and entertaining offers of said QB is completely unheard of ....

I cant remember any trade story like this in the NFL ever any takers ?

letting it leak to the media ..... Rookie GM and HC now we got problems ....
                          This is something the Madden Generation simply do not understand, you do not trade Jay Cutler.......ever. You don't "entertain" the thought.

The Madden Gen thinks that all you have to do is trade Cutler for 5 No1's and then bring in a QB with a supposedly better attitude and it's time to plan the parade.

You do not trade a QB like Jay Cutler, not even after this whirlpool of BS, Franchise QB's get treated differently, they demand respect.......why do you think Eli and Phylis Rivers were getting sideways with NFL teams before they ever played a down?

Why do you think the Chargers and Giants haven't "entertained" offers? Because you can't put a price tag on a Franchise QB......

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                            Cutler is above the team.
                            Dude, I'm sorry... NO ONE is above the team. Not even Elway was above the team. That's why it's called a team. Don't get me wrong, this whole thing makes me sick and I wish it would go away, but Cutler needs to man up. When you are wronged, the right thing to do is be humble and willing to reconcile at all costs. We live in the "age of entitlement" and Cutler is behaving according to cultural norms. Not the sign of a great team leader. Whatever happened to forgiveness, allowing people to make mistakes, and turning the other cheek? As an employee under the authority of the Broncos organization, the ball is squarely in Cutler's court to do the right thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by gogocutler06 View Post
                              So that is going to be approxiamtely 45 mins from now?? The webcast taht is... anyone in Denver have any idea of exactly what the hell is going on?

Here's the new header on the 9news website:

"The Denver Broncos met as a team Monday for the first time since Head Coach Josh McDaniels took his new position. Some of the team members are expected to speak at a news conference scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. 9NEWS.com will live stream the event. A link will be provided here."

So, go to www.9news.com and look for a link within the next 45 mins or so.
                              Winter is Coming!

Comment

• www.9news.com

They said that players will speak. Its at the top, and they will post a link when its closer.

Comment

Working...
                                X