Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
    So he's dishonest because Jay said he is dishonest. Right

The only dihonest person here is bus cook.
    Read the King Interview. McD wanted Cassel but was "late to the dance".

Josh just admitted that he lied to the Denver Post, to Jay, to the team and the rest of us.

Yes, let's keep giving him our blind support because he is the coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WoodyInvincible View Post
      I don't think anyone is condoning Jay's behavior but if you want the situation resolved right now it's the best way.
      This is it. Give Cutler an extension and this is over. The only problem I see is Coach Mac doesn't want to do this. He doesn't want to commit to any player long term. I still think there is still a chance Cutler will be back in 2009 because there is no options out there to replace Cutler with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
        Straight from your mouth Cutler

So what are you waiting on, cause I guarantee every one of your teammates (except maybe Lonie Paxton) wants to see you there at Coach McDaniels meeting.

You rushed to help Brandon Marshall with his immature struggles, now you cant accept the situation as it is and do the mature thing?

YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS!

You're under contract, and you know you're not gonna sit out the season.....and the broncos insist they are not trading you.

You want the front office to admit they lied about trading you. If you truly believe they are gonna trade you before the draft, then they will be seen as liars anyway cause now they have repeatedly said they will not trade you. You're making it easy for them to justify it if they DO trade you now cause you're acing like a baby.

You need to ditch whatever advice you're being given before you end up like Ashley Lelie. A rising star who got bad advice.

Show up for your team!

Right on, Lava... right on!! :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
          You didn't miss much at all. Kenny Peterson and Andre Goodman spoke and didn't say much either.
          Like I said, Josh put the guys in front of the TV Cameras that he thought wouldn't throw him under a bus. I'm sure there were at least a few guys that Josh thought "if I want to not look like a complete idiot, no way am I letting that guy get near a camera."
          Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• "I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.

Jay Cutler said while new Denver coach Josh McDaniels hasn't been critical of him, Cutler can no longer trust McDaniels.

"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

This quote says it all. McDooshbag has completely alienated Cutler. Apparently, Jay wanted to put this behind them but all McDooshbag would talk about was how Jay could still be traded and how much he coveted Cassell because he "raised him up". I was skeptical before, now I understand completely what a jackass JMD is. I don't blame Jay at all! :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by gmjones2001 View Post
              Chalking up a whole bunch of W's would increase the respect I think.
              He has yet to do that.

But would you rather watch chriss simms toss the potato?

Comment

• Cutler should have gotten his contract redone before McD was even hired.

Bowlin said Cutler is our QB in the press confrence when he fired Shanny.

Right then he should have given him a long term contract and made him feel like the leader of the team he deserves to be.

Comment

• Can the Broncos respect Cutler? He is becoming Ashley Lelie II.
                  sigpic

Comment

So what are you waiting on, cause I guarantee every one of your teammates (except maybe Lonie Paxton) wants to see you there at Coach McDaniels meeting.

You rushed to help Brandon Marshall with his immature struggles, now you cant accept the situation as it is and do the mature thing?

YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS!

You're under contract, and you know you're not gonna sit out the season.....and the broncos insist they are not trading you.

You want the front office to admit they lied about trading you. If you truly believe they are gonna trade you before the draft, then they will be seen as liars anyway cause now they have repeatedly said they will not trade you. You're making it easy for them to justify it if they DO trade you now cause you're acing like a baby.

You need to ditch whatever advice you're being given before you end up like Ashley Lelie. A rising star who got bad advice.

Show up for your team!

Thank you! I keep requoting this line from cutler in other threads because I think he is not living up to that statement. Clearly he is more caught up in ego and the potential for more $$$ than sticking around for our team. If he feels he does play for coaches, then he would have ignored any negativity in the meetings this weekend and showed up this morning to welcome his new and current teammates.

I hope if he is unwilling to be a part of this team we pick up a QB who is willing to live and die for this team. We need to get a clone of Dawkins, same age as cutler, who can play QB..then we would be stacked!! haha
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by WoodyInvincible View Post
                      I don't think anyone is condoning Jay's behavior but if you want the situation resolved right now it's the best way.
                      I wish I could kick and scream and cry like a little girl and have someone throw tens of millions of dollars at me.

Comment

• Well, no employee is irreplaceable. If you want to keep your well paying job during these tough financial times, then you better tolerate your boss and keep working. You forgot to add the part where the employee whines, complains and makes snide comments about the company's management to the public. No company is going to commit to somebody who shows that sort of unprofessional attitude. In the end, the employee doesn't make the decision and the management is not obligated at all to discuss any changes until they feel it is merited or final.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
                          No I was talking about the fact that he was coaching (or criticizing) Cutler on his play abilities, i.e. forcing the ball into tough spots, rather than focusing entirely on the current issue. And that is to keep him in Denver.
                          Do a little more reading. Jay came out and said that coach never critiqued him on his play or anything like that in their meeting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3983805

Cutler added: "Josh has never said anything negative to me about my play or anything else, for that matter."

Its about half way down after williamsons pic
                          sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

• Originally posted by cammina View Post
                            Mcdaniels = enough lying and bulls*****ting. Cutler said he'll show up for minicamp. It's the mcdoosh that can't do anything right
                            McDaniels might have made a mistake in the first place with the way he handled it, but since then Cutler and his agent are making it very difficult to move on. Ignoring the Owners phone calls because you are too busy pouting was brilliant

Time to get over it Jay and prove you are a big boy that can lead. There is a reality. A new coach in year 1 of a big 4 yer contract with the Owners backing isnt going anywhere. The coach also knows a thing or two about QBs, he could probably refine and improve your game.

If I was a Bronco fan I would want to see what McDaniel can do. Look at what he did with Cassel !!!

Comment

YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS!

Show up for your team!

I'm guessing that is the reason he came into town Saturday to bury the hatchet, work things out and get ready for the week ahead. McDaniels goofs it up yet again though. Cutler still maintains he will report for the mandatory minicamp.

My guess is he is trying to support his teammates without letting McDaniels off the hook. He'll probably workout in Nashville as he has been doing, and bond with the new players over dinner when he gets back for the minicamp. He'll be fine with the players. He's shown enough leadership in the past couple of years for us to be suddenly concerned about it now.
                              Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                                Right,

Engineering the most prolific offense in NFL history, making a QB that hasn't started since High School an effective NFL starter, why would you give him any respect at all?
                                You're right, Kubiak was obviously solely responsible for Elway becoming a SB Champion, too. It had nothing at all to do with Shanahan. Funny how all of Bellicheat's personally groomed prospect assistants have been miserable failures everywhere else they've gone. Weis, Crennel, Mangini - all doing swimmingly at their respective jobs - NOT! Why do you think Jr McDooshbag will be any different???

Comment

Working...
                                X