McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Belichick runs the defense, he for the most part leaves the offense alone for the OC.

And please continue to ignore the point about McDaniels working with Cassell. That same Cassell that laid an old fashioned whoopin on the Broncos last year.
    you mean the same Broncos who don't have a defense that Cutler has nothing to do with.:cutler::cutler::cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
      That isn't even close to a fact. Brady has multiple seasons in which he won SB's. I would say those are his best seasons.

Leave it to a dolt fan to think stats are better than SB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pratama View Post
        The more I think about this situation the harder it is to know who is lying and who is telling the truth, so I try to attach some logic to the illogical situation.

Who has the most to gain from the on going feud? Jay and Bus, not the Broncos. Putting aside the original issue of listening to trade options or initiating trades, the Broncos have very little to gain from an on-going feud. A perceived forced trade costs the Broncos their leverage because every team they negotiate with will know Jay wants out, so the Broncos wont get their BEST offer.

I think its pretty telling that Jay won't meet anyone at the Broncos without the agent at his side. Why do you think that is? Its so that the agent can hear everything that is going on and have all the information so that he can spin things and tell Jay what to say to the media. Jay says he wanted McD to call him to sit down and have lunch or coffee one on one? - - BS! McD tried to meet with him one on one Saturday, but Jay wouldnt, he brought Bus Cook with him. If he wants a personal one on one then, why then doesn't he ever return calls?

Also, its really clear why the Broncos dont speak to the media. Because anything that is said gets twisted by the media to put it in the worst light. McD and X are trying to handle this in house, but Jay wont let them.

Was it stupid to try and trade Jay in the first place? Yes. Would Cassell been a better fit for the new look Broncos? Probably not, but who knows. Have the Broncos tried to fix this situation? Yes. Can it be fixed? Only if Jay and Bus Cook want it to be.
        Finally someone with a logical post!
        Watching the Mile High Magic from a mile high.

Comment

• Peter King's behind-the-scenes details on Jay Cutler controversy

Peter King on Dan Patrick

Cutler wanted out since when Shanahan and Bates left the town ?

SI.com's Peter King joined the Dan Patrick show to discuss the report Jay Cutler wants out of Denver.

-- King thinks that perhaps Cutler or his people asked for a trade before all this went down. The Broncos said no. But King says that a trade might be the best thing for all parties.

-- Denver coach Josh McDaniels told Peter that he didn't intend to go after Matt Cassel in free agency. But an opportunity arose in a three-way trade the day before free agency. That's when McDaniels went after Cassel. King didn't know the third team involved.

-- McDaniels told Peter he still wants to sit in a room one-on-one with Cutler.

-- King says that Cutler just doesn't want to play in Denver. This controversy simply makes it easier for Cutler to leave.

Comment

• TRADE cutler to the lions for the number one pick!

we should trade his lil cry baby ass to the lions he would fit right in, loosing team and loosing QB i was behind Jay for a while but then started to realize he was messing this all up i mean yeah it was wrong for Josh to try and trade him but he Tried! to make it better and jay kept crying and acting like he didnt wanna work it out so i say we trade his ass and try and go get Brady Quinn cause there even talking bout drafting a QB on the Browns so hell him or Anderson... and dont for get cutler had all loosing seasons in college and the NFL!!! i think it might be time to look for someone else cause the aint ready for NFL hahah let me no what yall think or what QB yall would want to get

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
              This business talk doesn't really work in the NFL. To even begin comparing the QB position to a job, you would have to compare it to a HIGHLY specialized job that only a few in the US can do. In that case, you DO commit to those people. Instead, we are going to be left with an inferior product because the coach is to head strong.

You want to know why you commit to highly specialized employees? Because someone else will commit to them and pay them far more if you don't. It isn't the employee losing out in this situation, they get a big (and instant) payday as well as the commitment they are looking for. The employer is just out an excellent employee and now has to find someone else that can do his job as well as him.

This business is performanced based. Do you really think the team is going to perform as well without Cutler? We would have been lucky to get 2 wins with Cassel last season.
              Actually, I think this team could preform just fine without Cutler.

Defensive issues being what they are, a QB who doesn't turn the ball over as much would offset the bonus we get from Cutler's abilities. Besides that, our number 1 receiver (provided he isn't suspended for the rest of the year) is great at making big plays from little nothing plays. How many times as Cutler gotten big yards on the stat sheet because Marshall ran over three guys and broke a short pass for a long gain? Royal is similar in his ability to take a short pass and turn it into something big. We don't need a rocket armed QB for that.

Also, this will be a new offensive system for Cutler. A new QB will be just as inexperienced in it as he is. We've heard for the past few years that Cutler has only been in the system for X number of years and it takes Y number of years to really get it. Well, he's back to X and Y is a ways off again.

Last year, Cassel led his team to 10 wins even though he hadn't hardly played since high school. Say what you will, but I don't know that he'd be THAT big of a step down from Cutler. You don't have 400 yards in back to back games in the NFL if you suck.

In the end, I don't really care that much. I like Cutler. I think he's a good QB when he's not being an ass. I don't, however, think that without him on the Broncos fire and brimstone will rain from the sky, rivers and seas will boil, that we'll see forty years of darkness, increased earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from their graves, humans being sacrificed, and dogs and cats living together!

Well, I suppose we might. He is the chosen one after all. To hear some on these boards, without him we can't win a single game....

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                Cutler never made a statement about a long term contract that I am aware of. That's media speculation. Link?
                It's been reported by profootballtalk.com that Bus Cook wants to get Jay a new deal.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ct-for-cutler/
                sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                  Straight from your mouth Cutler

So what are you waiting on, cause I guarantee every one of your teammates (except maybe Lonie Paxton) wants to see you there at Coach McDaniels meeting.

You rushed to help Brandon Marshall with his immature struggles, now you cant accept the situation as it is and do the mature thing?

YOU HAVE NO OPTIONS!

You're under contract, and you know you're not gonna sit out the season.....and the broncos insist they are not trading you.

You want the front office to admit they lied about trading you. If you truly believe they are gonna trade you before the draft, then they will be seen as liars anyway cause now they have repeatedly said they will not trade you. You're making it easy for them to justify it if they DO trade you now cause you're acing like a baby.

You need to ditch whatever advice you're being given before you end up like Ashley Lelie. A rising star who got bad advice.

Show up for your team!

If Cutler really meant a dam word he said, If he really meant he wanted to play in Denver. Then he better start showing it and get beyond this.

I wouldn't trade him, If he didn't play well I'd sit him. But McD has to know his hands are not clean in all this either.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• King has been the ONLY person to come out and say Jay asked for a trade before this situation. He didn't even come out with that until after this situation started happening, which makes me not believe him. Anyone else that has mentioned this has mentioned it with King as their source. I am wondering who King's source was. You would think that at least one other person would have gotten wind of it.

THe part that makes me think King is a liar is the fact that he would have never held back on Cutler asking for a trade if he really did. Why would he wait until after this mess happened to report it? A guy in the media that loves to have controversy? It just doesn't make sense on King's part.

Comment

• Originally posted by thehoot79 View Post
                      What's humorous here is that Josh McDaniels has never been quoted as saying, "We tried to trade Jay Cutler." He said they were involved in trade discussions with other teams, but nothing came of it and that's exactly what he told the media and Jay. I don't see anywhere where McDaniels lied to Cutler. He admitted there were trade discussions from the very beginning. Nowhere can I find a quote from McDaniels where he told Cutler, "We did not get involved in trade discussions for you." What I have seen is the Broncos stating clear as day, "We do not want to trade Jay Cutler." The media has really blown this thing to hell.
                      McDaniel said he listened to the offer that he was approached about. He said he would do the same about any player on the Broncos because it is his job to listen and investigate any avenue that would improve the football team.

This is all part of being a high paid player in the NFL. Other more accomplished NFL QBs than Cutler have had to swallow their pride and act like professionals. 5 time pro Bowler Mcnabb was benched last year. He responded by playing good football and taking the Eagles to the playoffs.

Cutler was already whining before the trade incident. He didnt like that Bowlen fired Shanahan....he didnt like that his OC was fired. Sorry Jay, you are a player, your job is to improve your game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                        Well, if McDaniels would've said ONLY that to Cutler instead of restating at him that he's entertaining trading him, and that it was Cassel the one who he wanted and not him, i think Cutler would be right there and not back in Nashville.
                        So many keep accusing McDaniels of lying--so apparently we can't trust him.

Yet now your beef is that he told Jay what you might believe is the truth regarding his attitude about Cutler? So McD should have lied and told Cutler what he wanted to hear, regardless of whether it was true?

Seems to me that more and more, Josh McDaniels just can't win with some of you, no matter what he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by giv View Post
                          Peter King on Dan Patrick

Cutler wanted out since when Shanahan and Bates left the town ?

SI.com's Peter King joined the Dan Patrick show to discuss the report Jay Cutler wants out of Denver.

-- King thinks that perhaps Cutler or his people asked for a trade before all this went down. The Broncos said no. But King says that a trade might be the best thing for all parties.

-- Denver coach Josh McDaniels told Peter that he didn't intend to go after Matt Cassel in free agency. But an opportunity arose in a three-way trade the day before free agency. That's when McDaniels went after Cassel. King didn't know the third team involved.

-- McDaniels told Peter he still wants to sit in a room one-on-one with Cutler.

-- King says that Cutler just doesn't want to play in Denver. This controversy simply makes it easier for Cutler to leave.
                          That's what I've been gathering from all his words and actions thus far. Cutler does not want to represent the city of Denver as a Bronco. He preemptively sold off his property and made a conscious decision not to meet with his teammates and McDaniels today.
                          XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                            All McDaniels needs to do is his job, which is to put the best Broncos team on the field. If Cutler (or someone equally good or better) isn't playing QB, then McDaniels has put an inferior product on the field and isn't doing his job. I don't see what's so hard to understand here.
                            Perhaps that was what he was trying to do when he entertained trade suggestions involving Cutler. He thought he could get something better (doing his job) or was at least willing to listen in case he could. Cutler got hurt and started crying about it, but McDaniels was (I assume) just trying to do his job. It isn't his fault his starting QB can't take the thought of being considered in a trade option.

Not that hard to understand...

Comment

• Yay! Another post about this! Awesome!

Comment

• http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

This has some interesting McDaniels quotes from late last night...it apparently is now a he-said she-said deal...
                                Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

Working...
                                X