No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd consider this article mostly accurate...
    Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
      Are you suggesting that if we were to swap Cutler out for a less-talented system QB, that our defense and running game would somehow become better?

From what I understand about the game of football, when you bring in new coaches, new players, and new schemes...you give your team a chance to become better. Especially if Cutler had no intention to play for the Broncos with the new coach to begin with.
      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Bus Cook = Evil

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm with Cutler View Post
          I think you are delusional if what you are saying is true then I guess the Patriots offense is going to suck becuase they don't have McDumbass anymore.:cutler::cutler::cutler::cutler:
          Another one who doesn't get it. Oh well.

The Patsies offense could take a step back because they will have a different person game planning and calling plays. On the other hand, it could take a step forward because they will be getting Brady back and for all we know, the new OC could be better at the job than McDaniels.

Hate McDaniels all you want. Pat Bowlen has his back and has publicly stated so. He has also publicly stated concern that the Broncos might lose their quarterback, not their coach.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl
          Hell No!!! To the Texans Quarterback!!!

Comment

• NFL Total Access Tonight- watch it

Here's the link. What Cutler said to ESPN's Mortensen is so childish,
            http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Cutler doesn't attend team meeting, asks Broncos to trade him

Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Jay Cutler was a no-show for new coach Josh McDaniels' first team meeting and the start of the Denver Broncos' offseason workouts, and if he has his way, he'll never step foot in their training facility again.

"The Denver Broncos confirm that Jay Cutler has requested a trade," team spokesman Jim Saccomano told The Associated Press on Monday.

ESPN reported that Cutler, still upset that the Broncos tried to trade him for Matt Cassel last month, has formally asked for a trade through his agent, Bus Cook.

Cook, who was traveling, didn't immediately return messages left by The Associated Press on Monday. The Denver Post quoted McDaniels as saying he wanted to meet again with Cutler to try to resolve their differences.

Cutler told ESPN that he would attend every mandatory minicamp and training camp but would skip the offseason training program. Although it's voluntary, the coaches expect everyone to attend.

The Broncos' first minicamp is scheduled for April 17-19, one week before the NFL Draft.

Cutler finally met face-to-face with McDaniels on Saturday, but nothing was resolved. Both sides had agreed to regroup and continue conversations, team spokesman Patrick Smyth told The Associated Press.

But ESPN reported early Monday morning that Cutler wouldn't be at Monday's team meeting.

"I certainly went back there, expecting I'd be there (Monday), but not now," Cutler told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "It's not mandatory. I'll attend every mandatory mini-camp and training camp, but that's it. Really, it's best for me to move on. As coach said, he needs every eye in the meeting room to be on him and not me."

On Saturday, Cutler and Cook met with McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders in what the Broncos described as mild-mannered conversations at Dove Valley.

Denver station KCNC-TV reported that the meeting didn't go well, however, and The Denver Post reported that words were exchanged between Cutler and McDaniels.

McDaniels isn't scheduled to address the media until the annual owners meeting in Dana Point, Calif., on March 22-25.

Cutler has deepened the drama by putting his 7,516-square foot home in suburban Parker on the market for $2 million. And a smaller home owned by Cutler and his parents, Jack and Sandra Cutler, two miles away, is for sale for $835,000. Cutler, however, is keeping his downtown Denver penthouse - at least for now.

On Saturday night, Cutler was a no-show at a fundraiser at Invesco Field where he was on the guest list. The Broncos said Cutler didn't attend because he didn't want to be a distraction but that he made a donation to the cause, Dani's Foundation, which raises money for research and treatment for rare forms of cancer in children.

Team owner Pat Bowlen was in attendance, but he wouldn't answer any questions and waved off a reporter.

Cutler's name was brought up a lot at that event, a roast for longtime Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos. Former Denver offensive lineman Mark Cooper, who played in the 1980s, cracked: "Times have changed around here. Now players cry when they hear they're going to be traded."

Cutler has been unhappy since learning that McDaniels, who was New England's offensive coordinator the last three seasons, entertained the notion of trading him to Tampa Bay in a three-way swap that would have brought Cassel from the Patriots to Denver.

New England instead traded Cassel to Kansas City.

Cutler believes McDaniels, who replaced Mike Shanahan in January, misled him about those trade talks, and he has said he believes he'll be traded by draft weekend if the Broncos find the right deal.

McDaniels has said all he did was listen to the trade proposals, as he would with any player, as he tries to rebuild a Broncos team that hasn't been to the playoffs since 2005.

The Broncos have been the NFL's most active team in free agency, signing 15 players, including quarterback Chris Simms, a former starter in Tampa Bay who has thrown just two passes since having emergency surgery to remove his spleen after a game in 2006.

Simms signed for two years and $6 million, ostensibly to serve as Cutler's backup.

With his relationship with his starting quarterback strained, McDaniels wanted a face-to-face meeting once Cutler returned from his offseason home in Nashville, Tenn., so they could clear the air before the team's offseason training program kicks off Monday with his first team meeting.

If Cutler is a no-show, it will undermine McDaniels' authority and deepen the rift between the 25-year-old quarterback and the 32-year-old first-time head coach, perhaps irreparably.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

That tells me Cutler has become a prima-donna. He says he plays for his teammates, so lead them like a leader should. Show up and lead the team and not use the media as a sounding board. End this childish feud now! The Coach is the Coach. You, Jay Cutler, are the on the field leader, not the Coach.

Now tell me honestly, would Shanahan have put up with this? Ask Lelie and Portis if Shanahan would have put up with it.
            Last edited by IgorBStrange; 03-16-2009, 02:00 PM.
            "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm with Cutler View Post
              you are full of sh*t
              Do please enlighten me with your articulate and intellectual style as to why you came to this conclusion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
                At least some broncos are acting like professionals.
                I think it is interesting that none of those players quoted in the article have played a down of football with Cutler. Who cares how players who have been on the team for 3 weeks feel about this issue? I want to know what Marshall, Royal, and Stokely think about this whole mess.

Comment

• Jay denied that in his interview with Williamson yesterday.

As for the King comments and interview with McDaniels, it is nice to finally see some actual quotes from McD. As framed it seems reasonable, but it also appears (albeit with no quote) that he did pursue a trade and "was too late to the dance."

I am interested in who is telling the truth about these meetings though...
                  Go Broncos, make me keep believing this year

Comment

• McDaniels: ba da ba ba ba I'm Lovin' it!

Even me, who has fervently supported Jay through all of this, am now on McDaniel's side. All along I've maintained that someone who has the brass, to threaten the epitome of the Broncos football the past two years to step up his game, is going to be a great coach. While I disagree with his belief that Cassel is superior, I still like the fact that he is willing to do whatever it takes to make this team better.

Jay has just honestly worn out his welcome and if he wants to leave that's fine. Not returning the call of the man who signs your multi-million dollar paychecks was the line for me. If Pat Bowlen calls you, you damn well better answer the phone. Then he and his parents put their house up for sale, and don't tell me he was planning to, he knew that would get out, he knew what he was doing, he's playing the woe is me card. Feel bad for me, I'm Jay Cutler, I make millions of dollars. and my team considered trading me to maybe improve, so now I'm gonna whine and pout and do/say everything Bus tells me, because I can't think for myself.

Grow up Jay, you whiny little man child. You were my favorite Bronco, had your jersey, a "what would JC do shirt?", a Cutler Probowl jersey, and now I'm ashamed to wear any of that. Because JC would piss and moan rather than try to win football games.

McDaniels has made some really good signings, and we still have the draft. People were picking us for the Superbowl before this fiasco started and our roster has only improved since then. If you don't want to be a part of it fine, go to Detroit and wallow in a pit of mediocrity for the rest of your career.

When it comes down to it, its about my Broncos winning football games, and if that's what Josh McDaniels is about, I'm all for it. If Jay's a part of that I don't really care. My faith's in you Josh, and I'm lovin' it!
                    sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

• Originally posted by cammina View Post
                      If you were Jay Cutler, would you have any reason to respect McD? NO

Respect has to be EARNED.
                      Wrong. Nothing could be further from the truth, in fact.

McDaniels does need to be respected. Not only did he do a fantastic job in the past in every level of every position he's ever had, but he's also the head coach of the Denver Broncos.

Those that don't like it and can't come to terms with that and respect the reality of the situation won't be here long.

McDaniels is the coach, and we all know from past experiences that the coach is the coach. Period - as it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by horsehead41 View Post
                        Do please enlighten me with your articulate and intellectual style as to why you came to this conclusion?
                        It's VERY hard to articulate and come across as intellectual when your head is crammed so far up another man's ass.

Apparently.

That's my guess.

What's funny(actually sad) is you never even insulted his beloved Cutler. You were speaking about his agent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                          From what I understand about the game of football, when you bring in new coaches, new players, and new schemes...you give your team a chance to become better. Especially if Cutler had no intention to play for the Broncos with the new coach to begin with.
                          I'm still not sure I understand. Cutler was here for a couple of weeks studying the playbook with McDaniels, which suggests he wanted to play for him.

Also, I am hoping that McDaniels and Nolan can improve the defense and having a few healthy RBs should fix the running game. However, I'm missing how trading Cutler and replacing him with an inferior QB improves either of the two (unless of course the idea is to make the defense look better by making the offense worse).
                          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                            I think it is interesting that none of those players quoted in the article have played a down of football with Cutler. Who cares how players who have been on the team for 3 weeks feel about this issue? I want to know what Marshall, Royal, and Stokely think about this whole mess.
                            yeah thats true

why would you quote andre goodman?
                            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• be real games arent just won you need a solid established quarter back ala jay cutler :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by gmjones2001 View Post
                                It's VERY hard to articulate and come across as intellectual when your head is crammed so far up another man's ass.

Apparently.

That's my guess.

What's funny(actually sad) is you never even insulted his beloved Cutler. You were speaking about his agent.

Well, my request was rhetorical anyway, I was just hoping for a little more (very little) amusement from this mentally challenged poster..... no big loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X