McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    When did McDeez say this? That's the closest thing to the ole' "Olive Branch" that I've heard.....All parties need to be burning the midnight oil until this is solved, and Jay is back slingin' it for our city....
    Peter King reported on Sportsillustrated.com that he had a phone interview with McDummy on Sunday night and the dumbfounded one said that. He also wrote:

"Cutler believes the Broncos were much more interested in trading him and signing Cassel than they've said. I asked McDaniels if he'd been interested in Cassel before the contact by the two teams at the combine, going back to when he knew Cassel might be on the market and available in trade from the Patriots. "No, that's totally untrue,'' he said.

McDaniels did pursue a deal with New England on the first day of free agency, but not intensely, he said, because he and Broncos general manager Brian Xanders were in the middle of doing six free-agent negotiations in the opening two days of free-agency. "I think we were too late to the dance,'' he said, meaning the Chiefs had already made the deal with New England -- a second-round pick for Cassel and linebacker Mike Vrabel. Denver would have given more, likely a first-round pick, but Patriots coach Bill Belichick had his deal done with the Chiefs.

"Do I understand about Jay being hurt that we'd consider this?'' McDaniels said. "Sure. But I can tell you that it wasn't like there was any grand plan by us to trade Jay Cutler. That wasn't the case. But when we've told them [Cutler and Cook], I think it's fallen on deaf ears.''

So there you have it. Josh McDaniels is not only a liar, but a pathological and compulsive one, since he can't even make it through a single sentence without contradicting himself. What makes him pathological is that he's completely unaware that he's doing it. LOL...

What a child Bowlen hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
      Jay Cutler acted like a primadonna that was going to sulk because he was not consulted in the coaching search, and was further upset because his buddy Jeremy Bates was sent packing.

If I am Josh McDaniels, I would also come to the realization that this guy was not in my corner, and could not count on him.

...and since Jay Cutler's record as a starting QB in the NFL is 17-20, this idea that he is so important to Denver's W-L record or future is still more myth than anything else.

The tail should never wag the dog.

Players like Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall are never going to win anything, because they don't have the mental or emotional makeup of Champions, and the soooner they can become past tense, the better.
      Jay Cutler is a young quarterback who was thrown into a no-win situation by Mike Shanahan and has yet to be given a fair shake.

There was a time when everyone thought Elway wouldn't be anything than a quarterback that whined to get himself traded and then whined to get a good head coach fired. Whether you admit it or not, that's the perception people had of Elway up until 1997 - 15 years into his career.

Cutler's in his fourth - HIS FOURTH - year, and he's played with teams FAR worse than Elway ever dealt with and got absolutely no help from his head coach, who he was stead-fast loyal to.

I didn't give up on Elway, and I won't give up on Cutler. Not yet. Give him a decent defense and running back, and if he still is no better than 8-8, I'll agree with everything you've said. But you can't give up on him when he's played with scrubs and has-beens his whole career.

You're a pretty smart poster, mindfield. I've backed you up a lot of times. I know this makes sense to you.
      sigpic

Comment

• Anyways, I don't think it's going to set us back for a whole decade. A year or two maybe, but nobody knows. Cry doom all you want, but let's see how it all unfolds first.
        i agree and others do too. The way people are acting, one would think we just lost the franchise and their moving to idaho
        Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Jay Cutler is a young quarterback who was thrown into a no-win situation by Mike Shanahan and has yet to be given a fair shake.

There was a time when everyone thought Elway wouldn't be anything than a quarterback that whined to get himself traded and then whined to get a good head coach fired. Whether you admit it or not, that's the perception people had of Elway up until 1997 - 15 years into his career.

Cutler's in his fourth - HIS FOURTH - year, and he's played with teams FAR worse than Elway ever dealt with and got absolutely no help from his head coach, who he was stead-fast loyal to.

I didn't give up on Elway, and I won't give up on Cutler. Not yet. Give him a decent defense and running back, and if he still is no better than 8-8, I'll agree with everything you've said. But you can't give up on him when he's played with scrubs and has-beens his whole career.

You're a pretty smart poster, mindfield. I've backed you up a lot of times. I know this makes sense to you.

Mojo as much as mindfield is a smart person

he's too Anti-Shanahan thus since Shanny is gone he needs to find a new dead horse to beat around and thats Cutler because Shanahan picked him.

Mojo, Mind strikes me as a one of those ex-boyfriends who ends up throwing away some pricey gifts his ex gf got him because he hates her with a passion.

Thus explains his irrationality of late.
          Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 03-16-2009, 10:25 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

Let's Be Clear...

I am talking about BEFORE the trade was proposed.

I am talking about DAYS after McDaniels was hired.

I am talking about immediately after Jeremy Bates was let go.

All of this occured before the trade was ever discussed or proposed.

Josh McDaniels came to the realization that Jay Cutler was someone he could not count on that was going to be a colossal pain in the ass, so he made a last ditch effort to aquire Matt Cassel.

If McDaniels had wanted Cassel all along, why not simply get in on the trade from the start?
            After all, the trade involving the Bucs and Broncos was rumored to give the Patriots more compensation than the second round draft pick they eventually received from the Chiefs, which clearly tells you the Broncos entered the negotiations late. Why would the Pats take LESS in compensation if a deal was not already essentially in place with the Chiefs?

Why would that be?

I think it's clear because McDaniels had been working with Cutler that week, which was later confirmed, and that at some point it became clear they could not work together, at least in McDaniels mind, so he made a last ditch effort to get in on Cassel when the Bucs approached them.

I mean, that trade was all over the news days before it finally culminated, why did McDaniels wait so long to make his pitch?

Jay Cutler gave Josh McDaniles no reason to believe he could ever count on him to supporet him as a new coach.

It's as simple as that.

Essentially, Jay Cutler was insubordinate, and had an incredible sense of entitlement to think that he should actually be consulted in the coaching hiring process, and when the Broncos did not include him, he got bent, period.

So this fire is of Cutler's orgin, plain and simple.
            100% spin on your part. Go read Peter King's interview with McDummy on Sunday nite.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              i agree and others do too. The way people are acting, one would think we just lost the franchise and their moving to idaho
              Firing of mike shanahan frustrated a lot of fans.

Possible removal of sheffler angered lots of fans

A signing of a longsnapper baffled many fans.

And now the real possibility of losing Jay Cutler is making the fans outraged!

You may not be one of them, but you'd have to udnerstand that a lot of fans grew attachments to these players, they're responding emotionally. What's wrong with that?

Comment

• Are you sure? I don't recall Cutler ever making it to Dove Valley to study the playbook. I'm probably wrong, I just don't recall him making it there. I remember that he was supposed to go there, but then the trade talks happened.
                He was at Dove Valley for two weeks prior to the trade leak.

Anyways, I don't think it's going to set us back for a whole decade. A year or two maybe, but nobody knows. Cry doom all you want, but let's see how it all unfolds first.
                I'm not crying doom - I'm conveying what former players and analysts are saying and agreeing with them.

You don't lose a player like Cutler the way the Broncos have and have everything be fine in a year or two. Had they gotten Cassel, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad (although I firmly believe Cassel to be overrated and I believe this season in KC will prove that). But if they just lose Cutler and have no one else? You can't just replace that. No free agent scrub will compare to what Cutler can do, and there's a risk with anyone drafted that it will take years to develop or they'll just flat-out be a bust.
                sigpic

Comment

• I might agree but who else is represented by him on the Broncos?

Comment

• Originally posted by bonobo View Post
                    Yea, Ryan Leaf had a rocket arm and all that supposed talent, too, and look where that got us.

Rivers is a winner, period. He can carry a team to a win on pure force of will alone. I can't say that about Cutler. Say all you want about Cutler's "stronger-than-Elway's-arm," but until he becomes a winner, it all is moot.

But talent or not, this situation has become a cancer. No one seems to doubt TO's talent, but he keeps getting canned from teams. And Cutler may be approaching that kind of reputation.

I hate to say this, but I think you would have been scary good with Cassel and a re-vamped defense. As it is, look for KC to be significantly better.

Actually your both wrong......for you little ones out there under the age of 40your probably arent going to remember the name but Bert Jones has or had the best ARM the NFL has ever seen, he threw it 100 yards from his knees for 60 minutes back in the middle 70's. So all this talk about Rocket arms and he has this and he has that is a bunch of hog wash, there has never been nor there will ever be another arm like Bert Jones', not Mr Ed's, not Ryan Leaf's, not Cutler's.
                    15 time AFC West Champions:

1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1992, 1994, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and all but assured of our 16th in 2010 and 17th in 2011.

The AFC West belongs to the Bolts & Rivers until further notice.

Through 62 career starts, Rivers' 93.5 passer rating, 2.2-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, and 44-18 win-loss record are better than the 62-start marks of Manning, Brett Favre and Joe Montana.
                    :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                      I don't mind your post at all, you have perfectly valid points and statements. And your claims aren't ridiculously biased either.

As for people like mindfield, I will continue to exercise my use of criticism and blatant verbal blows because this is simply just a forum filled with text that I could really care less about.

This thread is my rage-induced thread because I've grown a major dislike towards McDanies as have the other members. I feel like venting, It's the midnfield kid who felt the need to attack someones intelligence when he doesn't have much of it to begin with.

Thank you for your reply
                      it is the bigger man that takes the higher road. In my opinion attacking someone's intelligence is not a sign of intellectual acuity
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Take the blame for what exactly?

It was Cutler that showed no interest in McDaniels, and could not be bothered to return his phone calls, let alone attend his intro press conference when he was hired.

Then he whined when Jeremy Bates was not retained, and the offense was going to be changed, then showed no interest in demonstrating leadership for the Broncos under McDaniels.

I think McDaniels simply finally got tired of his act, and tried to trade him at the 11th hour when he realized Cutler was going to be a pain in the ass.

I wish McD would have just come out from the beginning and said, 'yeah, we tried to trade for Cassel, because at least I could count on him to support the program, show the leadership a QB should show, and to participate in the process...things you would expect from Jay Cutler that thus
                        far he has shown no intention of doing.'

I think it is rather obvious, considering the Broncos got into the bidding for Cassel at the 11th hour (after a deal had pretty well been made between the Chefs and Pats), that McDaniels just got tired of Cutler's act.

I think it's a joke that some of you continue to act as if Jay Cutler is completely innocent in this deal, and bears no responsibility.

Your IQ's remain in double-digits.

really? i mean really?

did you not see the reports and interviews all plastered over the news today?...cutler stated he and josh went over the transition for two weeks prior to this happening with mcdoosh telling him he was the guy and he came to denver to coach jay. did you not see the news coverage all along that said jay was excited for this season and what mcdoosh would bring?

then comes the news mcdoosh tried to trade him...then mcdoosh lies not only to jay but to all us fans by insisting he never wanted to trade him

now proven to be a lie

then a meeting this weekend with jay hopeing it works out only to have mcdoosh tel him he did want to trade him and he still could be traded if he sees it would improve the team.....how do you improve the team by getting rid of a franchise qb?..then states if jay cant work with that let him know...meaning im the boss if you dont like it tell me and your gone, i dont want you and i can coach anyone to stardom

and when your the qb you give your blood sweat and tears for the team, you gotta trust what the coach is doing, when players dont trust the coach you lose the team...how can anyplayer trust mcdoosh specialy cutler, knowing he isnt above lieing to your face
                        sigpic
                        when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• We do not know anything yet ,maybe Cutler is the demon ,maybe Mcdaniels is, maybe they both are.

Comment

• Originally posted by KansasKrista View Post
                            San Diego fans would love to rile up the Bronco fan base and rip apart the team. You can assume without Cutler we are going nowhere but, I am not so sure.... ever heard of Matt Cassel? A year ago no one even knew who this guy was and then The Cheifs take out Brady and Cassel replaces him without barely missing a beat. Personally, I think you are stupid to underestimate McDaniels.... deep inside you know if we have the first pick in the draft McDaniels will turn the kid into the next Peyton Manning. You were all saying how Cutler was a diva and a baby... you loved to rag on him. Cutler is a headcase that also acts like a baby on the field but, he was our QB and I supported him to the likes of SD fans but, if he goes I won't shed a tear... and I have a feeling SD fans will, because you know in the long run it will probably make Denver a better team.

We also think you guys are doing a great job by yourselves with out much of our help. On the second part....Ahhhh....sure it will. ;-)

:cutler: =
                            15 time AFC West Champions:

1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1992, 1994, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and all but assured of our 16th in 2010 and 17th in 2011.

The AFC West belongs to the Bolts & Rivers until further notice.

Through 62 career starts, Rivers' 93.5 passer rating, 2.2-to-1 touchdown-to-interception ratio, and 44-18 win-loss record are better than the 62-start marks of Manning, Brett Favre and Joe Montana.
                            :salute!:

Comment

• The only Bill represented by him is Evans and Evans is the one who told Ruben Brown, Radio Host... Too many pieces here to ignore...Tampering is true unless the agent and player were given permission...

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                                Firing of mike shanahan frustrated a lot of fans.

Possible removal of sheffler angered lots of fans

A signing of a longsnapper baffled many fans.

And now the real possibility of losing Jay Cutler is making the fans outraged!

You may not be one of them, but you'd have to udnerstand that a lot of fans grew attachments to these players, they're responding emotionally. What's wrong with that?
                                Well, uh, Ayan.....it interferes with the time-honored Denver Bronco fan tradition of running good players out of town. Where have you been?

Comment

Working...
                                X