No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's impressive the kind of fiction that has to be concocted for a McDaniels defense.
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by cammina View Post
      And mcdumaasss demonstrated leadership? responsibility? accountability for his actions?

I think if you had half a brain you'd be more credible in your claims. Your words are as empty as the substance inside that bobbling cranium

You seem to hate the broncos more than any of us, sounds to me like you're the one to pack backs when mcdaniels leaves town one day and you can join him in being a liar and a flat out idiot
      McDaniels wears three Super Bowl rings.

Jay Cutler has nice stats, and a losing record as a starting QB in the NFL.

Not really that tough of a choice if you ask me.

You are the perfect example of a guy that has taken his stand, and the facts clearly don't matter to you, and you have the audacity to call someone else 'ignorant.'

That's actually funny.

I don't care what you think you know or believe. If what you say was true, Pat Bowlen would have already fired Josh McDaniels.

Franchise QB's are hard enough to come by, and if you think McD could just trade Cutler without having a good reason to do so that would pass the smell test with Bowlen, you are begging.

The logic and the facts don't support Jay Cutler's stance, period.

..and as I said, McD is not going anywehere, so feel free to join Cutler as a fan of his NEXT team.

Comment

• In all likelihood he's talkin Scheffler but who says he isn't slippin in talk about Cutler...not that it's legal but tell me deals like Haynesworth's weren't tampered with...

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          it is the bigger man that takes the higher road. In my opinion attacking someone's intelligence is not a sign of intellectual acuity
          Case in point, attacking someone's intelligence is the move that he pulled first

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
            It's impressive the kind of fiction that has to be concocted for a McDaniels defense.
            Not really all that tough to figure out.

All you have to do is look at the facts, how they occured and add it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronks Fan View Post
              LOL - because I don't agree with you I now have "little knowledge" of what an agent does. Comedy. Tell you what - next time you get into a disagreement with your boss and they want to talk about it, take your lawyer and your CPA with you to the meeting just to protect yourself. See how well that goes and then get back to us.
              In ANY business that's unionized, when an employer takes an employee into a meeting like the one here, they're supposed to be given the option of having a union representative present.

And yes, I'm assessing from your statements that you don't understand how an agent works. That's not because I disagree with you it's because you clearly don't.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post

You are the perfect example of a guy that has taken his stand, and the facts clearly don't matter to you, and you have the audacity to call someone else 'ignorant.'

That's actually funny.

I don't care what you think you know or believe. If what you say was true, Pat Bowlen would have already fired Josh McDaniels.

Franchise QB's are hard enough to come by, and if you think McD could just trade Cutler without having a good reason to do so that would pass the smell test with Bowlen, you are begging.

..and as I said, McD is not going anywehere, so feel free to join Cutler as a fan of his NEXT team.
                Mind you can do better then that

He has rings because he was a damn clip board holder for the Defensive side, he was a DB coach.

He is 0-1 being an offensive Coordinator.

I mean even the janitor in Foxburrow has 3 rings Should we hire him?
                McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Ron Woodson and Company

If you guys would listen to the rest of the show, they bring up some facts for all those who still want to kiss McD's pooper.

Why on earth with a number 2 Offense and a number 29 defense, would you start getting rid of Vets, dismantling the offense, and do little for the defense. Must be all that coaching experience he has.... Why on earth would you create so many waves on offense when you had a greate one. Look at poor Eddie Royal in his interview. You can tell he's affected by all this, and I guarantee you all the returning players are. That's why you mostly see the newbies in the interviews and post of the website.

And all you McD lovers (for the life of me I can't figure out why) who keep telling us to leave, you might just get your wish in bigger numbers than you wish for if this organization turns into a Patriots clone. I forsee the loss of many, many old time Bronco fans. Also the loss Monday and Sunday Night Football, which should put a dent in Bowlens wallet, as they are based on TV Ratings, not winning. Look at the dolphins, lost all their prime time games when they pushed out Marino.

Many of us were Good Bronco fans, even when they didn't win the superbowl, but it was great to watch the Elway-Kosar battles. The team had class. It's turning into a toilet just like NE Patriots.

Comment

That's actually funny.

Ahem, mcdaniels was a coaching ASSISTANT while the patriots won the superbowls.

ANd to be quite honest, you should start your own fanbase for mcdaniels. Because a lot of us loved the way our offense was, loved jay cutler, and do not like the notion of it all being torn down.

We're damn broncos fans alright, which is the primary reason for us to respond with such immense emotions about the way someone is mishandling our team.
                    Last edited by AyanBronco; 03-16-2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                      Firing of mike shanahan frustrated a lot of fans.

Possible removal of sheffler angered lots of fans

A signing of a longsnapper baffled many fans.

And now the real possibility of losing Jay Cutler is making the fans outraged!

You may not be one of them, but you'd have to udnerstand that a lot of fans grew attachments to these players, they're responding emotionally. What's wrong with that?
                      the one thing i think people are forgetting is that change happens. I understand perfectly well about getting attatched to certain players. There is nothing wrong at all responding to it.

The problem with emotion is that it often clouds judgement. I only say that because ive started seeing fans swear off the team they supposedly support because of this
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Pilfin View Post
                        I think the reason people are responding so strongly to the issue (as if it was the end of the world, was the wording the OP used), is because the off-season is supposed to be a time of new-hope and pleasant anticipation. We are supposed to be excited about guys we just got and dream about the results that adding that last piece to the puzzle will bring.

What we are confronted with now is similiar to the situation that KC Royals fans find themselves in every single year. Hopeless. We all knew that this year would be difficult because of our schedule and the transition period. But even then, we all have to admit that there was this little part of each of us that said, "maybe the offense with McDaniels and Cutler will be the 2007 Patriots. A slightly better defense and an unstoppable offense could mean Super Bowl baby. WOOT!" He still had HOPE. That is what the offseason is supposed to bring, and has always brought for us, even in the lean years.

But this year is different. We all see it slipping away. We can't seem to make the dream fit because the puzzle pieces don't fit. Not only can we not see what the puzzle looks like, we arn't even sure if the pieces go to the same puzzle. We are HOPELESS, and we know it. We are afraid we are going to finish behind the Chiefs, and oh my, perhaps even the Raiders. Even worse, we are afraid this could become a long-term situation, like the Lions.

On top of all that, we don't feel connected to this team like we used to. Some of us felt connected to our QB, he will be gone. Some of us felt connected to Shanny, he is gone. Some of us felt connected to the recent draft and its talent evaluators (The Goodmans), they are gone. Some of us felt connected to Marshall, who might be sitting. Some of us felt connected to the running game, but now we arn't so sure because we don't believe in the FA's we signed. Some of us felt connected to the Owner, but now we arn't sure that guy isn't senile or something.

About the only thing that we are all still connected to is the Logo and the Legend of the Denver Broncos. But everytime we turn on the TV, or listen to the radio, or read stories on the net, everyone is bashing the organization. They think we are a joke, and we haven't had to deal with that since the early 70s.

We weren't ready for all this. We haven't been the Lions for a long time, and we don't know how to deal with it. So no, this is not the end of the world, it is an end to HOPE.

Excellent post.
                        my point is this I am not saying you can't be disappointed at the way this situation is ending. what is great about this board is the we can all say what we feel. yet what i am getting is that fans have giving up on this team.
                        Everything i have mention to start this thread would have been enough reason to give up on this team. a 55-10 blow out, the 3rd in 4 years under elway and yet we all stayed as fans.
                        this is no where compared to that yet people want to jump off bridges and wish hexes on this team if Jay is traded. are you kidding me?

it's a civil war going on this board that has gotten out of hand.
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Jay Cutler has nice stats, and a losing record as a starting QB in the NFL..
                          Really? Just wow.

Comment

• Hopefully it is about no one personally and Bus is getting some booty from his local boytoy in Buffalo..

BUT... realistically it is most likely about Scheffler and Bus is encouraging the team and GM that if they would really like the services of Scheffler, they should entertain the idea of bringing along his best bud in Cutler. If the Bills approached a deal in a few weeks for Scheffler and then kinda streamlined the Cutler idea in a mature manner... they could possibly end up receieving both players for the price of what Cutler is worth... getting Scheffler like its a buy one get one sale at Footlocker lol...

But one good thing is we have time on our hands and with the measly salary Cutler is earning next year I would simply not allow anything to happen and make him holdout if he truly does not want to play in Denver... which hopefully he would never do!
                            I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                              the one thing i think people are forgetting is that change happens. I understand perfectly well about getting attatched to certain players. There is nothing wrong at all responding to it.

The problem with emotion is that it often clouds judgement. I only say that because ive started seeing fans swear off the team they supposedly support because of this
                              Players define the team, when the players are gone, it's hard to have the same kind of passion. Certain fans even love watching the game to see jay cutler play.

Fans can swear off the team because they dont like what the team is transforming into.

Change may or may not be good, but change for the worse in the fans point of view is downright upsetting.

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                                really? i mean really?

did you not see the reports and interviews all plastered over the news today?...cutler stated he and josh went over the transition for two weeks prior to this happening with mcdoosh telling him he was the guy and he came to denver to coach jay. did you not see the news coverage all along that said jay was excited for this season and what mcdoosh would bring?

then comes the news mcdoosh tried to trade him...then mcdoosh lies not only to jay but to all us fans by insisting he never wanted to trade him

now proven to be a lie

then a meeting this weekend with jay hopeing it works out only to have mcdoosh tel him he did want to trade him and he still could be traded if he sees it would improve the team.....how do you improve the team by getting rid of a franchise qb?..then states if jay cant work with that let him know...meaning im the boss if you dont like it tell me and your gone, i dont want you and i can coach anyone to stardom

and when your the qb you give your blood sweat and tears for the team, you gotta trust what the coach is doing, when players dont trust the coach you lose the team...how can anyplayer trust mcdoosh specialy cutler, knowing he isnt above lieing to your face
                                Look at the timeline.

How long did it take Cutler to come to Dove Valley and even meet with his new Head Coach?

I think it was at least a month or five weeks before Cutler ever met face to face with McDaniels.

This after being on record for not approving of Shanahan's firing.

This was after not appearing at his press conference, which he had to know was clearly stating his opinion of the hiring.

This was after not returning McDaniles phone calls made days after his hiring.

These are all DOCUMENTED facts.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

It's as simple as that.

I think it is clear Josh just finally decided that the train had left the station, and Jay Cutler was not on board, period.

Again, if this had all gone down as the Cutler supporters claim, McDaniels would have been ordered by Bowlen to kiss Cutler's ass publicly and privately, yet strangely enough, Bowlen has supported Josh McDaniels publicly.

Why?

It seems like alot of you don't remember that Pat Bowlen once fired a pretty popular and successful Head Coach of the Denver Broncos when he fired Dan Reeves in support of his franchise QB, John Elway.

So if all of this was as the Cutler honks say, why would Bowlen not do the same thing now?
                                Last edited by MindField; 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X