McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
    Case in point, attacking someone's intelligence is the move that he pulled first
    i didnt say anything about his intelligence, but nice twist yet again
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
      ahhhh perspective, but you're forgeting that many posters here think that Terrel Davis was denver's first running back, and elway only won superbowls. They weren't even around for the superbowl blowouts.
      people forget that we the butt of jokes on the simpsons in the 80's.

as funny as they were to still admit you were a bronco fan in the the late 80's took guts.
      this is no where near what that was.
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by JellyBean2144 View Post
        Not to be mean, I really don't care who our QB is, just as long as he is commited to the team first. Heck, I would rather have Darrell Hackney or a Chris Simms lead the team. At least I know that they are there for the team.
        Do you? LOL

Comment

Players define the team, when the players are gone, it's hard to have the same kind of passion. Certain fans even love watching the game to see jay cutler play.

Fans can swear off the team because they dont like what the team is transforming into.

Change may or may not be good, but change for the worse in the fans point of view is downright upsetting.
          Blah, blah, blah...

Yeah, and 49er fans were pissed when Joe Montana was traded, and hated Steve Young...

Until they started winning games, and another Super Bowl anyway...

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
            This was after not appearing at his press conference, which he had to know was clearly stating his opinion of the hiring.
            You still cannot get away from this. What players show up for the introduction of a new head coach? Why do you still bother bringing this up.

Comment

Look at the timeline.

How long did it take Cutler to come to Dove Valley and even meet with his new Head Coach?

I think it was at least a month or five weeks before Cutler ever met face to face with McDaniels.

This after being on record for not approving of Shanahan's firing.

This was after not appearing at his press conference, which he had to know was clearly stating his opinion of the hiring.

This was after not returning McDaniles phone calls made days after his hiring.

These are all DOCUMENTED facts.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

It's as simple as that.

I think it is clear Josh just finally decided that the train had left the station, and Jay Cutler was not on board, period.

Again, if this had all gone down as the Cutler supporters claim, McDaniels would have been ordered by Bowlen to kiss Cutler's ass publicly and privately, yet strangely enough, Bowlen has supported Josh McDaniels publicly.

Why?

It seems like alot of you don't remember that Pat Bowlen once fired a pretty popular and successful Head Coach of the Denver Broncos when he fired Dan Reeves in support of his franchise QB, John Elway.

So if all of this was as the Cutler honks say, why would Bowlen not do the same thing now?
              What the HELL are you talking about

Comment

Look at the timeline.

How long did it take Cutler to come to Dove Valley and even meet with his new Head Coach?

I think it was at least a month or five weeks before Cutler ever met face to face with McDaniels.

This after being on record for not approving of Shanahan's firing.

This was after not returning McDaniles phone calls made days after his hiring.

These are all DOCUMENTED facts.

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

It's as simple as that.

I think it is clear Josh just finally decided that the train had left the station, and Jay Cutler was not on board, period.

Again, if this had all gone down as the Cutler supporters claim, McDaniels would have been ordered by Bowlen to kiss Cutler's ass publicly and privately, yet strangely enough, Bowlen has supported Josh McDaniels publicly.

Why?

It seems like alot of you don't remember that Pat Bowlen once fired a pretty popular and successful Head Coach of the Denver Broncos when he fired Dan Reeves in support of his franchise QB, John Elway.

So if all of this was as the Cutler honks say, why would Bowlen not do the same thing now?
                With all due respect, Bowlen hasn't exactly been forthcoming with Cutler, either.

He should have called Cutler right after he fired Shanahan and told him what was going on so Cutler didn't find out from the media. That's not my personal assessment - that's Reggie Rivers' words, who's about the biggest Broncos mark you can find in the local media.

Then in Bowlen's press conference, he stated that 'Cutler was the man around here' and that the Goodmans were here to stay. Both of those clearly aren't the case.

Then he personally tells Cutler during the head coaching search that he would keep the offensive coaching staff in tact. Apparently that went out the window once McDaniels came on board.

I think you're an intelligent poster mindfield. Normally I agree with much of what you say. But I think you're allowing your satisfaction of Shanahan's dismissal to cloud your judgment of this situation. I'm not saying Cutler's innocent but there's no way McDaniels is blameless, and in fact he had control of this situation to the point that it wouldn't even be where it is right now had he made just better decisions two weeks ago.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                  people forget that we the butt of jokes on the simpsons in the 80's.

as funny as they were to still admit you were a bronco fan in the the late 80's took guts.
                  this is no where near what that was.
                  Yeah, but we never had an owner and a coach who were lying to the fans and players before, downgrading the roster to the point of absurdity, and demanding unwavering support in the face of these lies and incompetence. That's a whole new line in the sand in my book.

Playing crappy is one thing. Losing a big game is one thing. Destroying one of the legendary franchises in sports and lying to the fans who've been dedicated for nearly as long as Bowlen has been alive....is another.

Comment

• i have posted this 50 times 17-20 IS NOT THE RECORD OF A FRANCHISE QB

Comment

Players define the team, when the players are gone, it's hard to have the same kind of passion. Certain fans even love watching the game to see jay cutler play.

Fans can swear off the team because they dont like what the team is transforming into.

Change may or may not be good, but change for the worse in the fans point of view is downright upsetting.
                      yes but its how players come together as a whole, not an individual. It is hard, i know. I've watched the timberwolves since the beginning, how do you think the fans felt when they traded kevin garnett away? I still continue to follow the wolves even though they are terrible because of it and i still support garnett even though he plays for boston.

you cant say that the whole team has transformed into the patriots at this point. All im saying is stop all this nonsense about the team being crap now.

I still support the broncos no matter who is coaching. I will still watch and cheer the players on and all broncos fans should as well despite whether or not they like the coach
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by charginragin View Post
                        as if we didn't have enough fights on our own board. You're probably right, im no die-hard charger fan,, and i did jump the bandwagon when we got good.

I do enjoy watching us beat the bronx with cutler pouting. But from a football perspective, talent is talent. we took crap from the bronx for yeaars and finally gaining some bragging rights. what they dont get is that they are falling into the hole adn done realize it, i don't mind but if we traded phillips i'd be just as pissed. and no i dont have to call him by his last name.
                        Who the hell is phillips?

You don't seriously expect anyone to believe this crap do you?

I'd say good try, but it wasn't even that

Comment

Take the blame for what exactly?

It was Cutler that showed no interest in McDaniels, and could not be bothered to return his phone calls, let alone attend his intro press conference when he was hired.

Then he whined when Jeremy Bates was not retained, and the offense was going to be changed, then showed no interest in demonstrating leadership for the Broncos under McDaniels.

I think McDaniels simply finally got tired of his act, and tried to trade him at the 11th hour when he realized Cutler was going to be a pain in the ass.

I wish McD would have just come out from the beginning and said, 'yeah, we tried to trade for Cassel, because at least I could count on him to support the program, show the leadership a QB should show, and to participate in the process...things you would expect from Jay Cutler that thus
                          far he has shown no intention of doing.'

I think it is rather obvious, considering the Broncos got into the bidding for Cassel at the 11th hour (after a deal had pretty well been made between the Chefs and Pats), that McDaniels just got tired of Cutler's act.

I think it's a joke that some of you continue to act as if Jay Cutler is completely innocent in this deal, and bears no responsibility.

Your IQ's remain in double-digits.

Are you satan?

Comment

• Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                            You still cannot get away from this. What players show up for the introduction of a new head coach? Why do you still bother bringing this up.
                            Your franchise QB is a little different...

Elway was at Wade Phillips' and Mike Shanahan's hiring.

Peyton Manning was at Jim Caldwell's hiring.

...and if if was not important, why did Bowlen comment that he was
                            disappointed that Cutler was not there?

Obviously, it was important to him, which is why he is in McDaniels corner now, believe it.

Call it PR, call it making nice with your new boss, whatever, it was important, and Jay Cutler was either making a statement of indifference or disapproval, or he simply was not smart enough to know the difference.

Regardless of the actual reason, Jay Cutler was wrong, period.

You get respect by demonstrating leadership, and it is clear that simply was not important to Jay Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                              His BS has been going on for too long now. Send him packing and move on. He's an average QB with a big arm and that's it. If he stays i'm afraid the attention will be on jay/josh the whole season and take away from the team. We don't need the drama, it's the nfl...not a soap opera. Just get rid of him, pick up Leftwich and draft Freeman.
                              Wrong, Mcdaniels BS has been going on for too long.

Comment

Your franchise QB is a little different...

Elway was at Wade Phillips' and Mike Shanahan's hiring.

Peyton Manning was at Jim Caldwell's hiring.

...and if if was not important, why did Bowlen comment that he was
                                disappointed that Cutler was not there?

Obviously, it was important to him, which is why he is in McDaniels corner now, believe it.

Call it PR, call it making nice with your new boss, whatever, it was important, and Jay Cutler was either making a statement of indifference or disapproval, or he simply was not smart enough to know the difference.

Regardless of the actual reason, Jay Cutler was wrong, period.

You get respect by demonstrating leadership, and it is clear that simply was not important to Jay Cutler.
                                When did Bowlen express disappointment that Cutler wasn't at the conference?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X