No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why on earth with a number 2 Offense and a number 29 defense, would you start getting rid of Vets, dismantling the offense, and do little for the defense. Must be all that coaching experience he has.... Why on earth would you create so many waves on offense when you had a greate one. Look at poor Eddie Royal in his interview. You can tell he's affected by all this, and I guarantee you all the returning players are. That's why you mostly see the newbies in the interviews and post of the website.
    Ok, number 2 offense in YARDS. NOT POINTS. Yards are worthless if you can't score. I believe we were 16th in points. Second, he is dismantling the team because we haven't made the playoffs in a weak division with the current team. Third, he has done plently on defense, and he's looking to the draft for more improvement. Fourth, Eddie said he will move on, like a professional should.

And all you McD lovers (for the life of me I can't figure out why) who keep telling us to leave, you might just get your wish in bigger numbers than you wish for if this organization turns into a Patriots clone. I forsee the loss of many, many old time Bronco fans. Also the loss Monday and Sunday Night Football, which should put a dent in Bowlens wallet, as they are based on TV Ratings, not winning. Look at the dolphins, lost all their prime time games when they pushed out Marino.
    All you Cutler lovers (for the life of me I can't figure out why) we were only 17-20 with him, so maybe our numbers will change. For better or worse, it is yet to be seen. Maybe if this was a patriots clone, then we would actually start to win again.

Many of us were Good Bronco fans, even when they didn't win the superbowl, but it was great to watch the Elway-Kosar battles. The team had class. It's turning into a toilet just like NE Patriots.
    It's turning into a pooper because our QB is acting like a 3 year old? We will move on, find another QB, and try it differently.
    Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
      So you'd rather keep a coach that can't handle a situation properly than keep a very talented QB that cannot be easily replaced? wow
      keeping the coach is beyond my control. Being that the coach has just been hired he's not going anywhere.
      your acting if we have any say so if the coach gets fired or not.

all this whinning and moaning about josh is wasted energy and jay walking tall doesn't mean sqwat.

i would like that both could get along but obviously that's not happening so if jay goes i am not losing any sleep over it. What i am supposed to do, go in the fetal position and suck my thumb in the corner of my room untill this is resolved? i got a 9 month daughter that does that so I'll be adult about this and keep some type of positive attitude on this. i'm sorry if you can't do the same.

I don't let these situations get personal and I'll keep being a bronco fan just understand that Josh is going no where.
      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
        Not really all that tough to figure out.

All you have to do is look at the facts, how they occured and add it up.
        That is what Solomon Wilcots and Rod Woodson did on NFL TA. Their conclusion was quite different from yours.

I don't grudge you your point of view. You think McDaniels is good for the organization at this point and Cutler isn't (though I recall you were as big a Cutler fan as anyone right up until he criticized the Shanahan firing). That's fine. I hope that McDaniels will be a great head coach for us. However, when a guy comes in for his first head-coaching job, sees a #2 ranked offense and a #28 ranked defense and decides that the QB needs to change, I can't pretend that he inspires much confidence. And judging from the guys who came out to vouch for him, neither can the team leaders.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Your franchise QB is a little different...

Elway was at Wade Phillips' and Mike Shanahan's hiring.

Peyton Manning was at Jim Caldwell's hiring.

...and if if was not important, why did Bowlen comment that he was
          disappointed that Cutler was not there?

Obviously, it was important to him, which is why he is in McDaniels corner now, believe it.

Call it PR, call it making nice with your new boss, whatever, it was important, and Jay Cutler was either making a statement of indifference or disapproval, or he simply was not smart enough to know the difference.

Regardless of the actual reason, Jay Cutler was wrong, period.

You get respect by demonstrating leadership, and it is clear that simply was not important to Jay Cutler.
          You like to make up a lot of BS and call it truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
            Ok, number 2 offense in YARDS. NOT POINTS. Yards are worthless if you can't score. I believe we were 16th in points. Second, he is dismantling the team because we haven't made the playoffs in a weak division with the current team. Third, he has done plently on defense, and he's looking to the draft for more improvement. Fourth, Eddie said he will move on, like a professional should.

All you Cutler lovers (for the life of me I can't figure out why) we were only 17-20 with him, so maybe our numbers will change. For better or worse, it is yet to be seen. Maybe if this was a patriots clone, then we would actually start to win again.

It's turning into a pooper because our QB is acting like a 3 year old? We will move on, find another QB, and try it differently.
            enjoy your chris simms

Comment

• Come on people!

The Broncos franchise is not destroyed. So what if Cutler goes. It will suck, yes. It will suck ALOT. It will be like when Atlanta sent Brett Favre to the Jets. But the team won't be sold, fans will still by tickets and fans will still by jerseys. We are Broncos fans. One of the original franchises. We love this team. We've been here through the Cutler days, the Plummer days, the Griese and Brister days, and of course the Elway days. Hell some of us saw the Morton days. The bottom line is, players come and go. Bad decisions are made. But the original poster has it right. It's not the end of the world. The earth will keep spinning and so will Broncos Country, whether the times are good or bad.

:go:
              sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                With all due respect, Bowlen hasn't exactly been forthcoming with Cutler, either.

He should have called Cutler right after he fired Shanahan and told him what was going on so Cutler didn't find out from the media. That's not my personal assessment - that's Reggie Rivers' words, who's about the biggest Broncos mark you can find in the local media.

Then in Bowlen's press conference, he stated that 'Cutler was the man around here' and that the Goodmans were here to stay. Both of those clearly aren't the case.

Then he personally tells Cutler during the head coaching search that he would keep the offensive coaching staff in tact. Apparently that went out the window once McDaniels came on board.

I think you're an intelligent poster mindfield. Normally I agree with much of what you say. But I think you're allowing your satisfaction of Shanahan's dismissal to cloud your judgment of this situation. I'm not saying Cutler's innocent but there's no way McDaniels is blameless, and in fact he had control of this situation to the point that it wouldn't even be where it is right now had he made just better decisions two weeks ago.
                I am not saying any of them are 'innocent', in fact I have said I am disgusted
                with all of the parties involved, as are all Broncos fans, and that it has gone to this level at all.

I actually blame Pat Bowlen most of all for the reasons you mentioned, and I agree with you.

I agree that McDaniels handled this poorly. In the aftermath of the failed trade, he should have just come clean with his reasons for explaoring the trade, which I feel were justified, and that it was not some knee-jerk reaction.

I am not thrilled with the Patriots media/Soviet Union mentality that no information comes out of the organization.

I agree Bowlen screwed up by firing the Goodman's and essentially hiring a couple of frat boys to run the team.

Hiring a young, inexperienced coach like McDaniels was one thing, and I was prepared to go along with that, but compounding it with the firing of Jim Goodman in particular, and the hiring of an equally inexperienced Xanders is looking more and more like a horrible move.

I just get tired of hearing how Jay Cutler has been wronged in this situation, that he is completely innocent, and that he has done nothing to deserve the organization from re-evaluating him, because he has given them more than enough reasons to do exactly that.
                Last edited by MindField; 03-16-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
                  Yeah, but we never had an owner and a coach who were lying to the fans and players before, downgrading the roster to the point of absurdity, and demanding unwavering support in the face of these lies and incompetence. That's a whole new line in the sand in my book.

Playing crappy is one thing. Losing a big game is one thing. Destroying one of the legendary franchises in sports and lying to the fans who've been dedicated for nearly as long as Bowlen has been alive....is another.
                  yes and as was pointed out, mcd could be fired next offseason as well. I dont take bowlen to be an idiot. like bb put it, he will support the broncos as will i (doesnt mean we have to like who's in charge)
                  Glen Haven Fire

Comment

I am not saying any of them are 'innocent', in fact I have said I am disgusted
                    with all of the parties involved, as are all Broncos fans, and that it has gone to this level at all.

I actually blame Pat Bowlen most of all for the reasons you mentioned, and I agree with you.

I agree that McDaniels handled this poorly. In the aftermath of the failed trade, he should have just come clean with his reasons for explaoring the trade, which I feel were justified, and that it was not some knee-jerk reaction.

I am not thrilled with the Patriots media/Soviet Union mentality that no information comes out of the organization.

I agree Bowlen screwed up by firing the Goodman's and essentially hiring a couple of frat boys to run the team.

Hiring a young, inexxperienced coach like McDaniels was one thing, and I was prepared to go along with that, but compounding it with the firing of Jim Goodman in particular and the hiring of an equally inexperienced Xanders is looking more and more like a horrible move.

I just get tired of hearing how Jay Cutler has been wronged in this situation, that he is completely innocent, and that he has done nothing to deserve the organization from re-evaluating him, because he has given them more than enough reasons to do exactly that.
                    we were ALL prepared to go along with mcdaniels.

That is..until he tried to trade cutler and got caught lying. why cant you come to grips with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by raziel View Post
                      I agree with the guy, I hope McDaniels is gone after this year, and you just go ahead and remember my name, I've been a Denver fan for 16 years, born n raised, How can you trust a guy who is younger than a third of the players in the NFL, never coached a team in his life, and his first chance to, he treats his players like this? all within weeks of getting the job? seriously tell me how you can trust him, give me some logic rather than spewing out your usual garbage. Get over your man crush on McDaniels and realize just how horrible this guy is!
                      You have a right to agree with THE GUY and you can go ahead and wish ill on this team just for spite over the coach. If Jay means that much to you then by all means a pox on the broncos and josh mcdaniels.

but if by any chance and it won't happen cause of course without Jay this team won't ever get to 8-8 ever again but if by chance the broncos and by that meaning Josh is successfull and makes the playoffs and does something please don't root for this team.
                      I want all you guys who want to burn Josh at the stake to really root against the broncos. I want you to be the randy quaid character in major league always waiting for the other shoe to drop.
                      I beg you to please root against this team.
                      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Blah, blah, blah...

Yeah, and 49er fans were pissed when Joe Montana was traded, and hated Steve Young...

Until they started winning games, and another Super Bowl anyway...
                        The 49ers were winning games. Whether it's Bono, Young or Montana. You do realize Montana was knocked out of a specific game that cost him a ton of time.

Montana was traded to the Chiefs when he was 37 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by cammina View Post
                          we were ALL prepared to go along with mcdaniels.

That is..until he tried to trade cutler and got caught lying. why cant you come to grips with that?
                          Why can't you come to grips that they have tried to repair the relationship? I will agree with you that McDaniels should have came out clean from the start. But guess what? He did come out clean, and now Cutler wants traded. Josh couldn't win either way. Cutler and his bonehead agent are trying to play hardball. They want a new contract or they want out.
                          Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                            That is what Solomon Wilcots and Rod Woodson did on NFL TA. Their conclusion was quite different from yours.

I don't grudge you your point of view. You think McDaniels is good for the organization at this point and Cutler isn't (though I recall you were as big a Cutler fan as anyone right up until he criticized the Shanahan firing). That's fine. I hope that McDaniels will be a great head coach for us. However, when a guy comes in for his first head-coaching job, sees a #2 ranked offense and a #28 ranked defense and decides that the QB needs to change, I can't pretend that he inspires much confidence. And judging from the guys who came out to vouch for him, neither can the team leaders.
                            Yeah, funny how former PLAYERS would agree with Cutler, and former executives like Pat Kirwin and those quoted in Vic Carucci's piece side with McDaniels.

That fits right in with the fact that the owners opted out of the collective bargaining agreement early, and are now looking the players squarely in the eyes at some major points of contention.

What's new?

Comment

• Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                              I actually do get that part..."On the other hand you have Cutler, and he has an issue with a coach trying to trade him, then denying he tried to trade him"

And I agree.....Josh's lying and refusal to admit or apologize for it has brought this thing to where it is.
                              It's not just the ESPN article either. Sunday nite he talked in a phone interview with Sports Illustrated's Peter King. King quotes McDaniels as saying "absolutely not" did he have the idea of trading Cutler prior to the combine, and then admits in the VERY NEXT SENTENCE that HE CONTACTED BELICHIK about getting Cassel PRIOR to the start of free agency. It was McDaniels idea all along.

Apparently the genius forgot that he's been telling the media otherwise for weeks now.

THEN......as if that isn't stunning enough....in the very NEXT sentence he says, "it wasn't like we had a grand plan to trade Jay."

LMAO....this guy is incredible!!!!

Who is going to be able to play for him?

Comment

• Why all the hating on McD? If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have been able to fill that huge void at the long-snapper position in free agency.
                                "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X