No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or maybe a third party who would benefit greatly from a renegotiated contract and is behind the scenes pulling Cutlers' strings?

Personally, I think Bus Cook, who no longer has that fat contract of Brett Favre's to leech off of, is doing all he can to stir up the pot.

Do you think, as I and others do, that if Cook was not there Saturday night at the meeting, this whole thing would be done and settled? After all, Cutler said he would call McD and instead Cook called Xanders and told him Jay demanded a trade.

I can see Cook in Jay's room after the meeting telling him that Bowlen, Xanders and McD had no respect for him. That Cutler IS the Broncos and "boy we'll show them". They'll be like Detroit without you behind center next year. We'll make them pay you like Haynesworth got in Washington. Don't worry, Jay, I made Favre a star and I'll take care of you, kid.

I really think that scenario or one like it happened and if Cook just let the parties involved work it out, Jay would be here to stay.
    "Those are my principals... if you don't like them, well, I have others" - Groucho Marx

"Having a Hell of a time my dear, wish you were here" - Alice Cooper

Comment

• McD is a liar.

Why are players even wanting to play for this wannabe chode?

He tried to trade our franchise quarterback.... our best player on offense... our future... for a fricken career backup/one year wonder/system player.

Give me a ****ing break.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulVision View Post
        Now let me start by saying, I'm being completely honest here. I don't want posts saying "Way to be a fan" or "Cutler fan not a denver fan". I'm seriously torn, what should I do?

I've been a Denver fan since I was born, but never really got into football until about three years ago. I liked Plummer but when Cutler came into the game I thought it was a smart move. Since then I feel like I've learned so much about the team, the players, the organization, the game. I really do think Jay is an amazing football player; he's still young and has some things to learn, but at the same time he has an amazing arm, amazing potential, and the thing I like most; his personality. Some hate it, but he acts just like "one of the guys" that I would hang out with. He seems really down to earth.

Now when Shanahan was fired, that honestly did hurt a bit. I had watched some of the games when I was younger, the Elway days and such, so pretty much all I had ever known was Shanahan and Denver. Perhaps the only reason I got over it was because I knew that there was a lot of potential in this team, INCLUDING the QB, and that with the right change this team could be astonishing.

Ever since McDaniel's came in though, I've seen nothing but backwards progression... bad turmoil between the team, in interviews teams seem upset, getting rid of a franchise quarterback...I love the Bronco's but I really feel like Bowlen made a mistake by hiring this guy, and that it was a turn for the worse instead of for the better.

This being said, I don't know what to do. SERIOUSLY try and help me out here, don't be an ass.

Do I stick with the Bronco's and hope that I'm wrong and McDaniel's is actually an intelligent Head Coach who's going to save this team?

Or should I follow Jay to Denver, because right now I really do feel for the guy, and I don't think he deserved all of this.

Thanks guys.
        Ill tell you what I am doing. I'd still watch the games, but with much less enthusiasm in that cutler and shanahan are gone.

I would hope that mcdaniels fails quickly and find a real coach. Im truly not excited to watch chris simms play. Im a fan of the broncos, but simms doesn't define the broncos as cutler and shanahan did.

Which is why im upset with mcdaniels, he screwed it all up

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Well, I stated before in this thread that Cutler had the opportunity to change people's perception of him and chose not to.

That's on him, and for that, he deserves to be criticized for doing what everyone basically expected him to do. If he had shown up today and told the media 'I'm here to play football, and will honor my contract', he would have made the front office look like total tools, McDaniels especially.

So I agree with you there.

However, whatever you think about Cutler, he's been honest and forthcoming, and his story is the only story that has stayed consistent over the past two weeks. McDaniels' story has changed repeatedly, from 'no comment' to 'nothing happened' to 'we just answered calls' to 'we were trying to actively bring Cassel in' and now back a bit to 'well we got the offer but didn't really have time to examine it because we were too busy with other things'.

So which one is more mature here - the one that tells the truth and is consistent with what he says, or the one who shifts things as more information comes out?

I agree fully that Cutler needs an attitude adjustment. But he's 25-years-old, and only THREE years into his career. There's no way we've seen the finished product of Jay Cutler. Not by a long shot. And you know as well as I do that this team is worse off without Cutler than with. You can't honestly expect this team to win a Super Bowl with Chris Simms or Jeff Garcia, do you? Do you think it'll be easy to just find a quarterback and call him the next coming? I would think if it were THAT easy, every team would have a franchise quarterback.

But I'm immensely worried about McDaniels at this point. I get that he's inexperienced, but he's botching even common sense situations right now. And if this is how the Josh McDaniels era begins, I really hate to see how it's going to end.
          good post although i do have to note that consistancy doesnt always translate into maturity
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            holy gibberish sighting
            the man actually speaks the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
              Yeah, but we never had an owner and a coach who were lying to the fans and players before, downgrading the roster to the point of absurdity, and demanding unwavering support in the face of these lies and incompetence. That's a whole new line in the sand in my book.

Playing crappy is one thing. Losing a big game is one thing. Destroying one of the legendary franchises in sports and lying to the fans who've been dedicated for nearly as long as Bowlen has been alive....is another.
              losing the super bowl 3 out of 4 years by blow outs is not one thing. It's not showing face around town humiliating type of embarrassment.Nice downplay to make this situation seem so much more dire.

destroying a legendary franchise in sports, aren't you laying it on a little bit too thick? one can only take so much of the overdramatics. that's what has so many people who like jay and probably would have his back on this get so turned off.

i was listening to several anaylist on espn and nfl network and was feeling a little more symapthy for jay but then I get on here and listen to you guys and it's nope I'll stick with my stance.
              Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Go with your heart no matter what anyone says, but don't give up on the players. Cutler stood for what he saw as the truth and stuck by it, I respect that. Personally I will root for the players always. As far as our chicken s**t owner, I've lost alot of respect for, because he claimed he was in charge and when it came down to it, he choked. The coach who lies and can't get over his inflated ego wouldn't get the respect of a piss ant. The only thing he managed to achieve ib to make the Broncos the laughing stock of the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                  good post although i do have to note that consistancy doesnt always translate into maturity
                  a little immaturity due to age is much better than lies, dishonesty and irresponsibility. That's my opinion

Comment

• Look at it this way.

NO ONE is blameless in this situation. Not one single person. And ultimately, the person who deserves the most blame is Pat Bowlen.

But you don't root for an owner, a coach, or an individual player. You root for your guys to go out there on Sunday, Monday, or Thursday, and score more points than the other guys.

That's what it's all about, and none of this garbage that's going on will change that.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I said it from day one... McDummy is a liar.

I have a thread with over 200 comments bickering back and forth about it.

I supported my points, and just a couple of days ago it was revealed.. that McDummy did in fact lie.

It'll spread around the media, and down him even more.

Comment

• My take is this:

I'll be a Denver Bronco fan no matter who is playing on the field. Even if I disagree with choices made, players acquired or traded and when dumb mistakes are made on the field repeatedly, I'm still there rooting them on or getting mad along side the other fans. I miss Elway. I miss T.D. I miss Eddie Mac and hundreds of previous players. I'll miss Shanny. Some of them retired, some of the got injured and yes, some of them were traded or fired. I would still root for some of those players if I liked who they were as people (Shannon Sharpe for example) and as long as they weren't playing my broncos, I would cheer for them. Well, unless they go to another AFC west team, that I can't condone..haha. (Ashley Lelie on the other hand I was happy to see leave our team, traitor!)

I guess what I'm saying is there are many ways to support the player involved, in this case Cutler. Who I think got a BS deal and was messed with but at this point needs to get on with his training and not give up on his team. I think his agent (cook) is putting bad mojo in his head. Ultimately, though, you don't need to walk away from the team because of all of the stuff going down right now.

Cutler may go, Cutler may stay. Broncos will remain either way. McD may succeed, McD may fail. Broncos will still remain...undefeated or winless, all the same, they are still going to be our team. Don't give up yet. It'll work itself out how it's supposed to and there are still orange and blue sunsets ahead :salute!:
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                          I said it from day one... McDummy is a liar.

I have a thread with over 200 comments bickering back and forth about it.

I supported my points, and just a couple of days ago it was revealed.. that McDummy did in fact lie.

It'll spread around the media, and down him even more.
                          Oh noes. He lied.

Who doesn't?

You mean to tell me that McDaniels is a failure because he lied? Shanahan never lied? Mike Tomlin never lies? Jay Cutler never lies?

Who cares?
                          Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                            the man actually speaks the truth
                            who me or the gibberish guy? if your referring to me I dont claim to speak truth, only my opinion. Take from it what you will
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
                              Oh noes. He lied.

Who doesn't?

You mean to tell me that McDaniels is a failure because he lied? Shanahan never lied? Mike Tomlin never lies? Jay Cutler never lies?

Who cares?
                              We care. he got lied and got caught. AND he tries to get rid of the fans favorite player.

Lying is one thing, getting caught and owing up to it is another

Comment

• Originally posted by SoulVision View Post
                                Now let me start by saying, I'm being completely honest here. I don't want posts saying "Way to be a fan" or "Cutler fan not a denver fan". I'm seriously torn, what should I do?

I've been a Denver fan since I was born, but never really got into football until about three years ago. I liked Plummer but when Cutler came into the game I thought it was a smart move. Since then I feel like I've learned so much about the team, the players, the organization, the game. I really do think Jay is an amazing football player; he's still young and has some things to learn, but at the same time he has an amazing arm, amazing potential, and the thing I like most; his personality. Some hate it, but he acts just like "one of the guys" that I would hang out with. He seems really down to earth.

Now when Shanahan was fired, that honestly did hurt a bit. I had watched some of the games when I was younger, the Elway days and such, so pretty much all I had ever known was Shanahan and Denver. Perhaps the only reason I got over it was because I knew that there was a lot of potential in this team, INCLUDING the QB, and that with the right change this team could be astonishing.

Ever since McDaniel's came in though, I've seen nothing but backwards progression... bad turmoil between the team, in interviews teams seem upset, getting rid of a franchise quarterback...I love the Bronco's but I really feel like Bowlen made a mistake by hiring this guy, and that it was a turn for the worse instead of for the better.

This being said, I don't know what to do. SERIOUSLY try and help me out here, don't be an ass.

Do I stick with the Bronco's and hope that I'm wrong and McDaniel's is actually an intelligent Head Coach who's going to save this team?

Or should I follow Jay to Denver, because right now I really do feel for the guy, and I don't think he deserved all of this.

Thanks guys.
                                Like it's been said before, you can support both. Nothing wrong with that.

Do you like the Broncos more? Or Jay Cutler more?
                                Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Working...
                                X