No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im with you man, this whole thing has kept me on edge. I was looking forward to Sept. but now ... I dread it. I hear a few fans giving praise to this clown and it totally blows my mind! I thought we wanted to win games, maybe Bowlen meant he wanted to win games 5 - 10 years down the road?

I have been a loyal Bronco fan for years and years but this time I will not jump on the bandwagon and be fine with the insane decisions made by the FO.

This is not fair to the fans that have been waiting for a winning team and not fair to the other players that want to win.

Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
    I know it's late....but who the hell can sleep when the only thing that's been a constant in your life for 40 years is disintegrating before your eyes....right? So if you read it and comment enough that the morning guys catch it, so be it....if not....so be that too.

Having watched this sordid affair unfold and hit this point of climax, and thinking carefully about what "could" happen, reading a literal encyclopedia worth of comments from relevant Bronco fansites (i.e. this place, Denverpost.com and a few others).....going over about 20 different NFL fansites and reading their stuff.....watching all the talking head analysis and opinion, including that of several former Bronco's......and doing my own reading between the lines, I've come to the following conclusions.

Only a few scenarios are realistic at this point. Anything is always possible, such as Mt. Etna deciding to get ripped out of Italian soil and flinging itself into your backyard via the gravitational pull of a rogue asteroid Al Gore hasn't found yet....but I'm gonna stick with scenarios for the lucid.

1) I do not think Cutler has any intention whatsoever of ever playing a single down for Josh McDaniels. Therefore the only TRUE solution is for Bowlen to grow a pair and fire McDaniels, promote Nolan or Dennison, give Cutler a long-term contract that pays him to the moon and back, and start moving forward with the season to the collective cheers of the players and fans. Let McDaniels go manage a Citgo gas station somewhere in Kansas. Take the X-Boy with you. This option brings Cutler, the fans, and the players back into the fold and rescues his franchise. Right now the market value of the Denver Bronco's is plunging faster than NY Times stock. Regardless of what two-faced Pat is saying to the media, we have already seen that he is capable of doing a sudden and complete 180 at any time.

He "could" fire McDummy and rectify this entire charade quickly.

But I don't think he will. Courage does not appear to be his strong suit.

Which brings up 2) According to ESPN and other sources I'm too tired to name, but which require a minimum of effort to go read, about 25 NFL Front Offices are on Red Alert right now seeing if they can take advantage of Denver's obvious dysfunctional and weak FO and swoop in to get Jay Cutler. 25-year old QB's of Cutler's caliber come along about once a decade, and they know this. About 35% of Bronco Nation may be so dense or drunk (I hear there's a real booze problem there now) they can't grok how special Cutler is, but for the rest of us that's not our fault, and the coaching staffs of the rest of the league hardly agree with them.

Now everyone could speculate till the cows come home where he'd go.....but my gut feeling is one of two places.

Dallas or Tennessee.

Dallas because it would appear that Jerry Jones and Mike Shanahan have already reached a 'gentlemen's bargain' about coaching there next season....following Wade Phillips yet again, funny enough. Cutler would not only fit seamlessly into Shanny's plans, but would fill Jones new stadium to the rafters with fans (unlike Invesco sans Cutler). He likes marquee players and has no problem opening up the checkbook. Obviously this cannot be lost on Cutler. Or Jones. Or Shanahan. Although it very may well be lost on McDummy and the X-Boy.

Tennessee because Jeff Fisher wanted Cutler in the first place and not the stumbling, bumbling Young. And Cool Hand Fisher just might be smart enough to entice Josh McDummy into thinking he can coach the coward out of Young and get a swap with draft picks worked out. This poor kid has "S*U*C*K*E*R" tatooed on his forehead. Also, one cannot discount the fact that many Bronco fans (about 35% strangely enough) are actually stupid enough to root for Young and like the guy....lol...so go figure. Jay would get to go back home, and Fisher would definitely appreciate having a QB of Jay's talents to get him to the SB.

Personally....I prefer option #1. But I don't see that happening at this point.

One thing I know for sure though. Once Shanahan returns to the NFL wearing a Dallas star on his back, he's going to raid the Bronco's like Captain Jack Sparrow hitting a case of rum. Say bye-bye talent and hello scrub-city.

Of course, you never know.....Stokely, Marshall, and Royal may WANT to re-sign and catch passes from Matt Simms......errrr, Chrissy Cassel......oh hell, ...you know who I mean.

Considering the way Denver has treated these people, there is a part of me that is chuckling inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
      3 way trade?

Lions- Broncos- Dallas

Dallas gives up Romo and their 2010 first to the Lions, the Lions therefore give up the 1st overall to the Broncos and the 20th overall back to Dallas. In turn Dallas gives up the 20th and a 2nd round next year could upgrade to 1st round in 2011 for Cutler. Denver then agrees to give Cutler and a 3rd round pick to Dallas and 6th round in 2010 upgradable to a 4th given on Cutlers Performance.

In the end, Denver gets its 2 first round picks and another in 2011. Lions get Romo and the 2010 1st round pick. Dallas gets Cutler and 2 picks for giving up Romo....

Something along the lines but I also see players being tossed around as well...
      That particular scenario will never happen for mathematical reasons, I do believe. Denver simply can no longer come anywhere close to affording the 33-35 million cap hit for the #1 Draft pick. They don't want it. More like a Romo & draft picks for Jay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post

He "could" fire McDummy and rectify this entire charade quickly.

But I don't think he will. Courage does not appear to be his strong suit.

...Dallas because it would appear that Jerry Jones and Mike Shanahan have already reached a 'gentlemen's bargain' about coaching there next season...

Cutler would not only fit seamlessly into Shanny's plans, but would fill Jones new stadium to the rafters with fans (unlike Invesco sans Cutler).
        Personal insults followed up with a frankly, ignorant and juvenile evaluation of Bowlen's character, speculation on what's going on between Shanahan and Dallas (without foundation I might add), and you topped it all off with a preposterous statement about us not selling out because Culter's no longer there.

You have a lot of words on this page. I'm sure there's a thought or two you wanted to convey and have people take seriously. The name-calling, the attacks, the hyperbole...

Credibility matters.

I wonder where you'll be and what you'll say (what excuses you might offer perhaps) when the seats do sell out, just like they have every year since 1970 (and with our tickets sold for the next 26 years already).

Maybe you had a point in writing this - but it got lost to many in how you said it.

Comment

That particular scenario will never happen for mathematical reasons, I do believe. Denver simply can no longer come anywhere close to affording the 33-35 million cap hit for the #1 Draft pick. They don't want it. More like a Romo & draft picks for Jay.
          True, i edited it alredy...

Romo seems he could 'fit' Denver's MO better... he's a playboy.

Guess a playboy is an upgrade to a crybaby in some of the thick headed Denver Fan's eyes
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            Personal insults followed up with a frankly, ignorant and juvenile evaluation of Bowlen's character, speculation on what's going on between Shanahan and Dallas (without foundation I might add), and you topped it all off with a preposterous statement about us not selling out because Culter's no longer there.

You have a lot of words on this page. I'm sure there's a thought or two you wanted to convey and have people take seriously. The name-calling, the attacks, the hyperbole...

Credibility matters.

I wonder where you'll be and what you'll say (what excuses you might offer perhaps) when the seats do sell out, just like they have every year since 1970 (and with our tickets sold for the next 26 years already).

Maybe you had a point in writing this - but it got lost to many in how you said it.
            Credibility matters? You sure you didn't write this for McDummy? Go whine to the thousands of fans on the denverpost board who want Bowlen's head on a pike already. LOL.

Have some more kool-aid....it's gooooood!!!

Comment

• Nice Dialog and phrasing for a message board, but in the end. "Actions speak louder than words".

Originally posted by Alastor View Post

Credibility matters.

Comment

Credibility matters? You sure you didn't write this for McDummy? Go whine to the thousands of fans on the denverpost board who want Bowlen's head on a pike already. LOL.

Have some more kool-aid....it's gooooood!!!
                More insults. I can't imagine why no one takes you seriously. When you have a valid argument to make, do so. In the mean-time this is just very verbose spam.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                  True, i edited it alredy...

Romo seems he could 'fit' Denver's MO better... he's a playboy.

Guess a playboy is an upgrade to a crybaby in some of the thick headed Denver Fan's eyes
                  I think every GM and experienced coach in the league can sense lil Joshie's weakness......he thinks he can coach ANY QB to greatness (.....well except one's that already throw for 4500 yds a year and go to Hawaii in February that is.....funny that one.), and they are all trying to figure out ways to rape this moron.

Recall who Edgar Kaiser Jr. sent to Baltimore for John Elway? Mark Hermann.

It can happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Domino View Post
                    Where is Brian Dawkins?? Where is D.J.?? Where is B. Hamilton?? Heck even a Daniel Graham?? Why havent these people contacted Jay and told him to get over this crap. Play for the team, not for the coach right, Jay?? Brian Dawkins just left a team he spent 10 years with. They didnt want anything to do with him. How do you think he feels??? We need these few veterans that we have to step in and put their foot down on this situation before we suck for the next 10 years again.

Oh yea...Dan Reeves tried to trade Elway back in the day...what happened to Reeves?? FIRED!! History repeats itself???
                    C'mon now, the man just got there. Give him a minute. It's not like it's really his place to just step in between the incumbent quarterback and the brand new coach. He's new on the team, he doesn't know the ins and outs of this locker room.

Just wait... you'll be happy about what he brings...

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...04&play_clip=y

Lucky bastards.

Comment

I think every GM and experienced coach in the league can sense lil Joshie's weakness......he thinks he can coach ANY QB to greatness (.....well except one's that already throw for 4500 yds a year and go to Hawaii in February that is.....funny that one.), and they are all trying to figure out ways to rape this moron.

Recall who Edgar Kaiser Jr. sent to Baltimore for John Elway? Mark Hermann.

It can happen.
                      Tyger i think it can happen...

will it be the Jack in the beanstock with the Broncos in this Cutler sweepstakes.

Because right now no matter what people says, the Broncos are also trying to 'court' Jay but McD just doesnt have a honest bone in his body that can 'give' confidence to a QB like Jay.

Jay isnt asking McD to get on his knees and lick his foot, Jay is just asking for McD to level like a man face to face. McD may have an MBA but Jay has a BA in whatever field he studied in. People want to label jay a baby ect... but everyone in that age range including myself goes through that "I got the talent i can go anywhere, and I will because you wont commit to me or even give me an honest answer."

Those who are used to being lied to are the one in the McD and bowlen camp... lying can only get you so far but the Truth will set you free
                      McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

About 35% of Bronco Nation may be so dense or drunk (I hear there's a real booze problem there now) they can't grok how special Cutler is
                        Well I must be extremely dense, cause if I hear a player say: "TRADE ME, I don't want to play in Denver Anymore".
                        That means alot in alot of "dense" people's mind.
                        Meaning Go F Yourself, or Bye-Bye, maybe even I Don't Want To Be Here and last but not least The H*ll With You.

So in my mind I "figure" if a player acts towards or even says some of these things, well then its time for him to go.
                        I personally think Cutler is the QB of the future and would be SO happy to keep him here.
                        But if he really wants to go, then let him.
                        He is a man and thats his choice, now if he mind is made up and there is no turning back, then so be it.

All I'm doing is trying to look towards the future, just in-case things do go off-key.

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynbronco View Post
                          too many people have short term memories.
                          I go back to 1978.
                          My first denver disappointment was in the 84 playoffs. denver was a 12-4 team playing pittsburgh at denver. Denver was favored to win and then play Miami and Dan marino in the afc championship. they were upseted by a RB named Walter abercrombie and Mike merriweather.
                          the next day I felt sick.
                          Denver played the Giants in SB 21 and were destroyed by a 30 point barage in the 3rd qt. living in NYC at the time, i was sick the next day.
                          Denver played Washington in SB 22 and again they were favored only to get destroyed by Doug Williams and Timmy smith for 35 points in the 2nd qt.
                          I was sick the next day.
                          Denver played SF in SB 24 and will obliterated to the worse loss in super history 55-10. I was in a coma the whole week.

1999 Terell davis gets hurt against the jets tackling someone off a interception. I was sad thatwe would never get him back after that.

mutliple wildcard losses to the colts by blowouts made me sick the day before the game cause I knew what would happen the day of.

San Diego giving denver thier worse home loss, i was sick the next day.

getting beat by Sd with them averaging at least two scores each qt made me sick

I mention all this aggrivating and dibilitaing times in denver history that I witnessed and I never once though of leaving this team.
                          and yet some of you make this situation to be worse then anyone of the things I mention. I am not sick to my stomach cause Jay will be traded. Too many of you are so emotionally attached to Jay that are totally overeacting .
                          this is not as bad as a super bowl loss especially a 55-10 loss so this needs to be put in perspective.
                          the broncos will get over this hurdle and keep moving on. lets not make this and all or nothing with this team.
                          thanks for the post. I remember those loses were killers. Doug Williams was a back up at the time and he tourched us. I've been a fan since I can remember and I can still feel that sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach after all of those. I never left and its been a rough/fun ride since the early eighties. I introduced my wife to the broncos and shes only know mike as the coach and jay was gonna be the one to take us to the SB. Now thats in the air shes not sure if shes gonna cheer for them or not. I can't blame her if she doesn't have the metal for this. Come next season I'm gonna cheer on the Broncos as they navigate through the tougest division in the NFL. It may not be pretty, but it'll be the Broncos and thats enough for me.

sigpic

Comment

• who is saying that? that's the way you show that you're not happy, by not buying tickets or whatever

what i call fairweather fans are the ones that say they will not be a bronco fan at all if cutler is traded...that's just retarded....i don't want cutler to go either but i'll always be a broncos fan

what really pisses me off about all of this is that with my morton, elway, griese, plummer and cutler jerseys i'll now have to add another one. i kinda thought i was gonna get a break for a few more years

Comment

• Originally posted by VABronco37 View Post
                              Well I must be extremely dense, cause if I hear a player say: "TRADE ME, I don't want to play in Denver Anymore".
                              That means alot in alot of "dense" people's mind.
                              Meaning Go F Yourself, or Bye-Bye, maybe even I Don't Want To Be Here and last but not least The H*ll With You.

So in my mind I "figure" if a player acts towards or even says some of these things, well then its time for him to go.
                              I personally think Cutler is the QB of the future and would be SO happy to keep him here.
                              But if he really wants to go, then let him.
                              He is a man and thats his choice, now if he mind is made up and there is no turning back, then so be it.

All I'm doing is trying to look towards the future, just in-case things do go off-key.
                              Ask yourself the question...

Would you stay at a job you hate just to collect a paycheck or will you go and find a new job that will appreciate the talents you bring to the table.

McD thinks he can coach anyone except Jay Cutler. So i say Let McD have his little experiment but right now Jay is now taking the 'its a business approach'

You cant have your cake and eat it too...

if the fans want him to take this league in the 'its a business approach' then he'll go where he's wanted not where he's gonna get dissed and jeered.

Comment

• Stats don't lie but blind Homeristic fans do, and the stats say that Jay Cutler can't hold Phillip Rivers Jock.

And this is comming from a man that think Rivers is a scum bag. But you see I call it like it is no Homer shades here.

Comment

Working...
                                X