McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KillerBs View Post
    I believe Cutler has the tools of a winning quarterback but still has yet to let em loose. He needs something to light a fire under his butt, as of now Jay Cutler isnt worried 1 bit about his job, guaranteed, you think he feels threatened by Ramsey or Hackney ? NO. He needs to have someone there to feel he has to play his best every game or he may lose his job.

If this were to happen id think we see the best come out in Jay. I like Cutler and the way he plays, and i believe he will develop into a good QB, but as of now he doesnt have the attitude id like to see from him.
    Dude........crack is whack!!!! If you wanted to bring in another QB to push Jay why in the world would you ATTEMPT to do it with a ROOKIE!?!?!? Wouldn't you bring in an established vet Anyway Jay is not worried about losing his job and he shouldn't be. People cannot possibly expect Jay to be in 3 years what Elway, Namath, and Montana were in their prime. Totally unrealistic expectations.
    Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      No QB can have a perfect game every game and absolutely carry the entire team. Even Elway had a decent (average at worst) defense across the field most years.

Cutler is having one of the best years a Denver QB has ever had, but he can't do it all himself!
      exactly my point PA . . . . its absurd that fans here think Jay is playing poorly

we expect far to much out of such a young QB . . . we have ZERO run game and ZERO D do you know how hard that makes it on the QB to win games when teams know that the young guy is gonna have to make all the plays with his arm, its whack.

i only hope noone on here becomes manager for the broncos because then we are doomed and would be drafting BU QBs and CBs left and right when really they are not the problem with the team
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

• Draft another QB to motivate Jay? Thanks for the laugh. . . I needed that!
        uhhh,this ain't Lou from Aurora

Comment

• if jay cant play his best unless there is someone on his ass trying to take his spot then hes not the man at qb ... if we need to draft a qb to light a fire in him than i guess he reallly doesnt wanna be great

Comment

• I agree with drafting a later round QB solely to let him develop only in our system as a long term backup option...
            "Badger my a$$ it's probably Milhouse...."

Comment

• I don't think he even said that we should take a QB high in the draft...

obviously we should address our needs first, starting with the D-Line.

but if we had a pick left in round 6 or 7 we could find a backup QB that's better than Ramsey for sure.

however, Hackney's fine for now... all I'm saying is that the idea isn't entirely a HORRIBLE idea... but we don't really have a decent backup for Jay if he were to get hurt or some such thing.

I don't know if it'd fix his attitude or playing... because he may take it the way Jake did and just say "to hell with it" and give up... I suppose then we'd know we didn't want him... but I doubt Jay would do that.

Anyway. DEFENSE is what we need to worry about first... then a running back...*coughianjohnsoncough* period.
              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• I've been preaching that we should add a seasoned QB, via FA, who has strong mentor skills. I think Jay would benefit by having a cool, calm collected vet around, who's primary purpose is to build on Jay's game management and confidence.....not to take away his job. Someone who could sit and chat with Jay as a peer, and possibly add some insights on the game. I think Jay would benefit a great deal, knowing who he can turn to when he gets caught up in the heat of battle....and knowing this person's been there as well.

We keep forgetting how young he is, and he seems to be learning by trial and error, as opposed to progressive, proactive support.

Comment

• OMG! What don't you idiots get? Jay Cutler is a great QB!
                  sigpic
                  "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
                  Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

• Nice thread, with a couple more threads like this........you'll surely be champion again!

-congrats
                    Last edited by pipes; 11-25-2008, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• should Elway come back? they could have a throw-off to see who really has the stronger arm.....
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                        The Broncos should draft Tim Tebow, Broncos fans deserve him.......
                        hahahaha lol
                        sigpic

:orton: ITS TIME FOR THE ORTONATER!

Comment

• wow...change your name to fakebronco...lol

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            I've been preaching that we should add a seasoned QB, via FA, who has strong mentor skills. I think Jay would benefit by having a cool, calm collected vet around, who's primary purpose is to build on Jay's game management and confidence.....not to take away his job. Someone who could sit and chat with Jay as a peer, and possibly add some insights on the game. I think Jay would benefit a great deal, knowing who he can turn to when he gets caught up in the heat of battle....and knowing this person's been there as well.

We keep forgetting how young he is, and he seems to be learning by trial and error, as opposed to progressive, proactive support.
                            The problem is finding that player, a Trent Dilfer type, your post has got my thinking.

I'd also like to see Denver add a player to develop like the Patriots did with Cassell, Chase Patton is Matt Cassell V2.0.......

Comment

• Loser

Man you are a idiot

Comment

• Not only is Cutler a better QB than Rivers...

More people like him!

Go Jay on the Pro Bowl!
                                Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X