No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom line, when Cutler is traded and eventually fails there too then you will know exactly why this was Cutler's fault. As an outsider who has dealt with the Ryan Leaf fiasco I will say that the faster you dump this a55clown, the faster your franchise will regain some respectability.

Bottom line, this subject would be null if Cutler just showed up and went to work. Instead, he has turned it into a media fiasco.

I'll leave it at that for now. Good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
      Cutler has been what you may wanna call it, but McDaniels could've simply said last Saturday "here, I want you as my QB and no one else." Simple. It doesn't matter who was at that meeting. I don't think it would've been that hard for McDaniels to tell Cutler he wanted him as his QB. So you tell me who's making this a bigger mess.
      How do you know that McDaniels DIDN'T say that? Especially since the team publicly has been saying that all along since this fiasco began? You think McDaniels went in the meeting and said, "screw you Jay. I hate your guts and I'm gonna make your life miserable. I hate your hair. I hate your arm. I hate that you look high all the time. So tell me, where do we go from here."
      XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Ray Dehaiter View Post
        What McDaniels is doing is asking his supposed star QB to grow up and stop acting as if he's entitled to some kind of special treatment. McDaniels shouldn't tell Cutler he is the man in Denver until he proves it.

A REAL man would nut up, shut up and go out and prove that he deserves to be the man. He has nto done that yet.

That's all McDaniels is asking Cutler to do at this piont. Cutler flat out refuses to act like a rational human being.
        WRONG. He has proved that he is a very well skilled QB considering the circumstances hes been under, McDaniels didnt GIVE him a chance to "prove" anything... trying to trade him before he even got on the field, for a QB who IMO hasnt proved a damn thing but taking over a 16-0 team that he has been studying under for 2 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Ray Dehaiter View Post
          Bottom line, when Cutler is traded and eventually fails there too then you will know exactly why this was Cutler's fault. As an outsider who has dealt with the Ryan Leaf fiasco I will say that the faster you dump this a55clown, the faster your franchise will regain some respectability.

Bottom line, this subject would be null if Cutler just showed up and went to work. Instead, he has turned it into a media fiasco.

I'll leave it at that for now. Good luck.
          Did you just compare Cutler to Leaf? LOL, what a joke of a dolt troll you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
            That's the bottom line. Putting aside everything that has brought us to this point for a moment, it comes down to this.

CUTLER is the one who doesn't want to be a Bronco.
            How do you come to this conclusion? His public statements were consistent in that he wanted to be here. Only after McDaniels lied to him and let the situation brew did Cutler request a trade.
            CUTLER is the one who can choose to trust that McDaniels wants the best for the team and will put him in a place where he can succeed
            Why should he trust McDaniels? McDaniels is the one that is on record as to lying. Cutler’s story has remained consistent. This is why I, at the moment, lean toward believing Jay.
            CUTLER is the one who put his houses on the market before the meeting
            He can’t sell his house(s)? Not to mention, he supposedly had already showed the one several times in the prior months so he clearly had intentions of doing it.
            CUTLER is the one who chose not to show up at the team meeting monday
            CUTLER is the one who decided to bring his agent along and had HIS AGENT phone in to the GM and request a trade
            These are facts. But, this only happened because no reconciliation was reached.
            CUTLER is the one who has the power to say, "okay, let's give this a chance to work, at least through the season because Denver might actually be good for me"
            CUTLER has the power to accept the olive branch and put this fiasco to rest
            Cutler did this and expected it. He went into Saturday’s meeting with every expectation that everything would be worked out. His version is that McDaniels continued the power play and continued to make it clear he would have preferred Cassel. Again, I tend to believe Jay on these because of the language used, the consistency in his story, and the fact that McDaniels has lied and is on record contradicting himself.

Comment

• Josh Mcdaniels Should Love Jay Cutler.

If I was McDaniels,

Wow I just had a great run in New England. I helped coach a QB to 50 TDs in a season. Then took a backup to over 10 wins in his first season. Now I have a kid (Cutler) who was 2nd in offense in the league. Threw over 4,000 yards. Imagine what this kid my can do with help after my experience with Tom Brady. Matt Cassel was a good experience. But now I've been hired by Pat Bowlen to be the leader of one of the most successful sports franchises in the world. Why mess with the 2nd ranked offense. Why risk not having Cutler to Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Scheffler, Graham, and Hillis, plus Buckhalter. Give this new kid who has taken Vanderbuilt to it's best season ever, and taken the worst defense almost to the playoffs a chance. If Cutler is traded, I might abandon the Broncos. But not for Cutler. For the fact that my favorite organization makes such poor choices. I hope Pat, Josh, and Jay all sit in a room and become friends. This is a golden opportunity and they all need to embrace it.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                Nice post sir! :salute!:

I think the Broncos should dangle Jay out there and see what kind of offers they can get. If someone blows them away then why not move him.

If they do not get exactly what they want, make him sit, fine his arse off, and give him the Ocho Cinco treatment. Cutler will have no option but to play or he will just lose market value when he is pulling for a new contract.

Everyone thinks Cutler holds all the cards here, that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Let him sit, grow up, and start Simms.
                Thank you! Couldn't agree more. All I want is a QB that doesn't whine and throw picks. I would pay a ton of money to watch Cutler sit behind anyone.

Comment

• If you were McDaniels you would know whats really going on and not be basing your decisions off of rumor and speculation... just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                    Mindfield, you were one of the biggest Cutler supporters right up until he slammed the Shanahan firing (which, by your own admision was a big issue for you). While I understand your dislike of Shanahan, I can't understand why Cutler's statements would bother you so much. What else would you expect from a guy who is described by everyone who knows him as fiercely loyal and someone who calls a spade a spade. When a player like that finds out that his head coach, who not only drafted and mentored him but also built an explosive offense around him, why would he not be upset? From all accounts, Cutler stands by his guys that aren't future HOF-ers (like his teammates at Vanderbilt and Jeremy Bates). Why would he support the sudden and unexplained firing of his mentor who is actually any good?

I think you're being too easy on McDaniels, who IMO has been the biggest culprit in this (even though everyone has a share of the blame). It's rare to see a guy make a decision that looks bad from both a business and ethical standpoint. But that's exactly what McDaniels did.
                    Moreso, had Bowlen called Cutler right after he fired Shanahan and explained to him the situation and his reasoning behind it, it's entirely possible Cutler wouldn't have blown up about Shanahan's firing like he did.

Furthermore, had Bowlen kept his word to Cutler and the media on a few things, it's possible Cutler would have been more open to the McDaniels hiring.

Either way you look at it, this really falls more on the Broncos than Cutler, to the point where you wonder if they even wanted him to be here from the get-go.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I think the worst thing he could do is win without Cutler. Then all the haters would have to eat some humble pie. Everyone expects him to field losing teams for a long time, so winning would be the same as him giving the middle finger to the fans. And only Jake Plummer can do that in this town!!

Comment

• All this thread is saying is that this whole thing can be solved if Jay wanted it to be. There are two sides to the issue, the front office and then there is Jay Cutler and his agent. The front office has been trying mend this and they have stated that they want to mend it, so logically that leaves one other side that needs to mend it. It is just that simple, no matter what happened, no matter if it was wrong or if he feels wronged, it is all in his hand and it has been in his hands for a very long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                          How do you know that McDaniels DIDN'T say that? Especially since the team publicly has been saying that all along since this fiasco began? You think McDaniels went in the meeting and said, "screw you Jay. I hate your guts and I'm gonna make your life miserable. I hate your hair. I hate your arm. I hate that you look high all the time. So tell me, where do we go from here."
                          That's not what Jay was quoted saying after Saturday's meeting, and it's definetely NOT what Josh said after the same meeting. McDaniels is the only one from the two who hasn't come out clean on what exactly he told Jay in that meeting. So again, tell me who's making this bigger. The fiasco could've ended last Saturday. Jay came to Denver to make that attempt.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Houses on the market is not enough

Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                            That's the bottom line. Putting aside everything that has brought us to this point for a moment, it comes down to this.
                            CUTLER is the one who doesn't want to be a Bronco.
                            CUTLER is the one who can choose to trust that McDaniels wants the best for the team and will put him in a place where he can succeed
                            CUTLER is the one who put his houses on the market before the meeting
                            CUTLER is the one who chose not to show up at the team meeting monday
                            CUTLER is the one who decided to bring his agent along and had HIS AGENT phone in to the GM and request a trade
                            CUTLER is the one who has the power to say, "okay, let's give this a chance to work, at least through the season because Denver might actually be good for me"
                            CUTLER has the power to accept the olive branch and put this fiasco to rest
                            I would not want to be a Bronco either after what McDaniels did

considering that McDaniels lied I would not trust him either. Other members of the team already do not trust him because of his handling of the long snapper issue.

Cutler lives in Florida now, and has kept his Condo here so that he has a place to stay during the season.

Cutler explained that being here would be a distraction to the team, but he will attend all mandantory preseason workouts.

Good for Cutler. Then maybe the owner will wake up and fire that incompetent McDaniels who could not lead a horse to water.

You are right, he does, but the key is will he after McDaniels told him he wanted his own man to QB the team

What olive branch, there has been none. All McDaniels did was read him the riot act and tell him it was his way or the highway. Cutler walked. Don't blame him

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningplastic View Post
                              All this thread is saying is that this whole thing can be solved if Jay wanted it to be. There are two sides to the issue, the front office and then there is Jay Cutler and his agent. The front office has been trying mend this and they have stated that they want to mend it, so logically that leaves one other side that needs to mend it. It is just that simple, no matter what happened, no matter if it was wrong or if he feels wronged, it is all in his hand and it has been in his hands for a very long time.
                              Jay was wanting to mend it as well. The front office has said the same thing Jay was saying. To bad they aren't doint just that. All they have to do is tell Cutler that his job is safe. Instead, hard headed McDaniels won't tell him that. It doesn't even have to be true. Everyone knows what guarantees in the NFL are all about.

Of course they want to fix this situation. They have no option even close to Cutler to replace Cutler with. To bad they won't do what it actually takes to mend it instead of just talking about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                                Moreso, had Bowlen called Cutler right after he fired Shanahan and explained to him the situation and his reasoning behind it, it's entirely possible Cutler wouldn't have blown up about Shanahan's firing like he did.

Furthermore, had Bowlen kept his word to Cutler and the media on a few things, it's possible Cutler would have been more open to the McDaniels hiring.

Either way you look at it, this really falls more on the Broncos than Cutler, to the point where you wonder if they even wanted him to be here from the get-go.
                                The more I think about it, the one decision that could have avoided all of this IMO is the promotion of Jim Goodman to full-time GM and having McDaniels report to him in a traditional structure. I can't help but feel that Goodman is a bigger loss than Shanahan. As the guy who drafted Cutler, I'm quite certain that he would have nixed any thought of trading Cutler in the bud. Not to mention, he likely would have had a more productive FA outing than McDaniels and Xanders did.
                                Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X