No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be down with Quinn but I don't think any of those guys have to worry right now. I mean Leinart maybe but I don't want him being the main guy of our team, I REALLY just pray Cutler learns how to be a man and realizes this is the best setup for him, unless we can swap em for Manning in Indy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 7=Heaven View Post
      you dont even offer the option i would choose.
      If they keep Cutler i am still in.
      If they get rid of him i boycott the Broncos until McDaniels is fired, then i am with them again.
      AGREED TOTALLY!!!

...and NO even "IF" McDaniels can win (which without character and integrity isn't winning anyway) ..I'm not Jumpin on the Mc DUMMY bandwagen

Again, the heart of Denver ==> :cutler:

Comment

• Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
        It seems like Cutler is waiting for McDaniels to utter some exact magic words, and even though it's pretty clear that McDaniels has been telling Jay until he's blue in the face that Jay is the guy, and that he's not being traded, Josh simply hasn't managed to find the exact phrase and word order that Cutler wants to hear--so Jay isn't listening.
        I maintain that Bus Cooke (a freakin' ambulance chaser attorney for real in his former life) came to that recent Saturday meeting and turned it south by demanding a new contract exptension-to show Jay the love-and the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          And I think for those that wonder why the Goodmans were fired, this whole mess is the reason.
          Seriously. What was that expression about absolute power, again?
          Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            Just because someone is upset with the team and see's what's going on and chooses not to give their money to that organization, that doesn't make them fairweather.

I've been a Rockies fan since inaugural day, and after last year, when they let Holliday go, and chose NOT to fire Hurdle, and sign ANY good players, I choose to not support that team. It doesn't make me fairweather, i've suffered through the bad times of being a small market team, and when the team had the chance to pull themselves out of the gutter, they were perfectly content with remaining there, and THAT is what McLovin is doing.
            but i assume if the rockies do better this year you will be rooting for them again. that is the definition of a fair weather fan.

the majority of the people that say they are done with the broncos will come back if our team does well in the future. its just what fair weather fans do

Comment

• Since nobody voted for the 1st two, I'll just pick one of them. Gotta have the +/- 3 % margin for error in the poll.

Comment

• i am a bronco fan til the very day i die their is no way i will ever leave this team no matter how bad things get i love this team this is my absolute favorite team of any sport i bleed blue and orange :salute!:

Comment

• how long will McDaniels last?

Two seasons? More? Less?

I'll tell you one thing: if Cutler is traded and he succeeds while the Broncos struggle, McDaniels will be on thin ice.

It seems like Bowlen wants results now, and may not have much patience for a lengthy "rebuild".
                  sigpic

TZ

Comment

• 10 seasons

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      of coarse they will be back. they are band wagon/fair weather fans in the first place, thats just what they do

as for me, no matter what happens i will always support my broncos:go:
                      Bandwagon? Fairweather? Hmmm been a die hard since 77, watched four superbowl losses... How am I riding bandwagons or being fairweather by choosing not to financially support a team as I have said before that is starting to look like the Denver Raiders...

My choice is based on the direction this organization is going not based on my loyalty the past 31 years... If you want to drink the cool aid good for you and you will only support more actions like we have already seen the past two months! Enjoy!
                      Cutler 2008:
                      » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                      »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                      » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                      » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

• if they show improvement in the next 2 years i would bet it will be atleast 5 years before their is any "thin ice" talks

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                          Seriously. What was that expression about absolute power, again?
                          I think McDaniels can go a long way to restoring his reputation if he adhered to his own standards about communication and reaching out to his players, if he simply admitted to Jay that he mishandled the situation from the beginning and he should have conveyed information to Jay a lot better than he did and has done.

He doesn't have to regret trying to trade Jay. I think we're beyond that now, and really, McDaniels is within his right to make whatever deal necessary to improve this team from his perspective.

But he can own up to his mishandling of the situation, and put the ball in Jay's court. And if Jay is willing to listen and come back, you bring him in on the basis that he too admits that he could have handled things better and gives McDaniels his public support.

Unfortunately, it appears McDaniels isn't going to budge on this, and it will ultimately be his and Cutler's undoing.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by NY_BroncoMan View Post
                            AGREED TOTALLY!!!

...and NO even "IF" McDaniels can win (which without character and integrity isn't winning anyway) ..I'm not Jumpin on the Mc DUMMY bandwagen

Again, the heart of Denver ==> :cutler:
                            CP's for you!!!
                            Cutler 2008:
                            » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                            »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                            » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                            » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

• Originally posted by 7=Heaven View Post
                              you dont even offer the option i would choose.
                              If they keep Cutler i am still in.
                              If they get rid of him i boycott the Broncos until McDaniels is fired, then i am with them again.
                              I'm with ya! That's how I see it.

Comment

• Knowing the fans that are going to be pissed off........he may not even last this whole season. Fans are going to ruin McStupid......
                                Don't Panic!

Comment

Working...
                                X