McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is exactly what CANNOT happen.

The Broncos have to be extremely careful here.

You don't firesell a franchise QB, period, and if they don't get value for him, they should keep him, regardless of the situation, because ultimately, Cutler has three years left on his contract and no leverage.

Comment

• of course he is... Cutler getting new contract = more money for him. Agents are scum but they know how to get paid
      He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
      But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• Jay looked much different as a kid. Thanks for the pics.
        sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• You were 1 game away from a SB berth in 05 with Plummer, 0 playoff berths with Cutler now going into his 4th year. You had the 3rd ranked scoring defense and the 15th ranked yds defense in 05.

Get a upgrade over Plummer, not hard. Keep the D in yds around 15 to 18. Atleast have a D in scoring around top 12 and you could make it to the SB.

I have endless moves that could have Den likely deep into the playoffs, with none of them including Cutler. Not that you care about my ideas, but, I think Den will be better without Cutler. Addition by subtraction.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindField View Post
            This is exactly what CANNOT happen.

You don't firesell a franchise QB, period, and if they don't get value for him, they should keep him, regardless of the situation, because ultimately, Cutler has three years left on his contract and no leverage.
            If they keep him, he's only going to bring the players down as well. The story of Jay Cutler being a baby is going to get old. It's already gotten old for me, imagine how the players feel?

Comment

This is exactly what CANNOT happen.

Exactly. Denver doesn't have to do anything. They will move forward here and Cutler will either sit, or he will be traded in the best interests of the organization. Not traded for what would be in the best interests of Jay.
              XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

• Its clear most of us are with Cutler.. :/
                Walk on
                With hope in your heart
                And you'll never walk alone

Comment

I don't disagree with much of what you have said.
                  It has been botched from every angle.

I have soured on Cutler's antics, but I have not written him off, and that has nothing to do with his support of Shanahan. I have no doubt he was 'shocked', as he put it, that Shanahan got canned, hell I think everyone was, even me, who wanted Shanahan gone. I still did not think it would actually happen.

I still think Cutler ultimately will decide alot of how this all turns out.

All I know is that I have been at Investco when fans have turned on a QB (Plummer and Griese), and I saw the abuse that rained down on Wade Phillips when he fell out of favor.

I am not sure this is a fence McDaniels can mend with alot of Bronco fans, and God help him if they struggle next season, because the fans will be ruthless, and as you can see from the threads in this forum, McDaniels is already hated by many.

It's a shame, and even before the guy actually coaches a game.
                  Wow Mindfield, were you ever right with that comment you made (bolded above). In a way I truly hope this whole thing blows up in the faces of Bowlen and McDuck. If we're losers next season I hope every fan boos and leaves the stadium early. How in the world do you run off the franchise QB? This whole situation is absurd! Pat and Josh boy need to swallow their pride and arrogance and realize whats happening to the Denver Broncos.
                  Last edited by JHoward; 03-17-2009, 03:16 PM.
                  http://i712.photobucket.com/albums/w...equenceyh5.jpg

sigpic

Comment

• And that's why I personally don't have a problem with it from the players side...from the "business" standpoint. Otherwise, from the human side/fan perspective, Cutler looks like the whiner everyone makes him out to be.

I've said elsewhere that Cook is making the kids in the Dove Valley playhouse look like chumps with how badly they're being outplayed in the media. Their sitting quietly while Cutler's agent is carving them up in his own little proxy war via the major media outlets.

Hopefully, this ends with Cutler receiving his "trust" in the form of a long term big money contract. I say hopefully because I'm a Cutler guy and my eyes are open wide enough to see superior talent through the haze of the last 10 seasons, AND I am in Socal so the exorbitant ticket prices as a result don't directly affect me.

However, given the puppet master's track record of landing his clients elsewhere when things escalate to this point, I'd say Jay's chance of taking snaps in Broncos gear is "doubtful".

Comment

• There's a really good article on this topic from SI that someone posted here.

Comment

• Cook & Cutler

Comment

• Yeah, that's a good article and I saw a similar one about Cook a few days ago. The bottom line is, he runs a "scorched earth" campaign, and his "unhappy" clients usually end up elsewhere.

Bummer for those of us who'd rather see this work out differently.

Comment

• Well that makes me sad seeing all those pictures, especially the ones from draft day. I hope that somehow this whole thing can work out to where Jay stays in Denver!
                            sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

• Wall of text... but I'll welcome ya aboard anyways!!!! :go:
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Wow, let's see now if the denver post does something similar. lol.

Great pics btw, thanks.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X