No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btw, in those pics as little kid, Jay looks like former pitcher Orel Hershiser.
    sigpic

Comment

• Man.

Seeing the pic of him with Peyton at the probowl...

Just makes me think what could of been and how nice life was just a short time ago.

Comment

• you know what? i has a similar thought too. He is getting a lot of exposure...
        sigpic

Comment

• i agree with Gil Brandt

One quick thought on the Cutler situation before we move on...

People want to know if this situation is Josh McDaniels' fault or just Cutler being immature. I'm not sure, but this is my take: I think Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, saw this as an opportunity to get more money for his player. Cutler's cap number is not great the next three years. If the Broncos offered Cutler more money, I would not be surprised to see all this bad blood go away.
          sigpicI am from BRONCOLOMBIA

Comment

• Well, I guess my response is that you clearly don't define Cutler as a franchise QB. What I was doing with the statistics above was showing the probability that the team would win the superbowl with a Franchise QB vs. without one.

The subject was regarding the possibility of making a superbowl run without a Franchise QB, and I was just showing that although it is certainly possible, the probability is much smaller (see the mathematics above for explaination).

However, the mathematics were too difficult for some to understand, so I gave the special ed version, which assumes Jay Cutler is defined as a Franchise QB.

The important thing, however, is that it is statistically significant that it is easier to win a superbowl with a Franchise QB than without.

Comment

• He's like the Scott Boras of football, without having nearly every star the clients.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nbaballer913 View Post
                you know what? i has a similar thought too. He is getting a lot of exposure...
                But is it the right kind?

Down the road, looking at what has happened here I think I'd be very willing indeed to pass up a fantastic athlete for a "not quite as good, but with a different agent" athlete in the draft if I'm picking the players.

A good athlete doesn't do you any good if when you need him most his agent does this to you every time. A different agent with a consistent athlete would be better. Cook has a pattern emerging.

I'm not sure it works in the favor of his young clients, which means it will eventually not work in his favor overall.

Then again, he's already pretty rich, so maybe he doesn't care about tomorrow.

Comment

• its so depressing looking at those honestly

Comment

• Originally posted by Shsonline View Post
                    We've had Cutler the last 3 years and have not had a winning season. Cutler =/= Broncos.

Let me help you out with what I think you are trying to say

Probability we will win a SB this year with a good team and good coach:
                    between 5% and 7.7%

Probability we will win with a bad team and a bad coach:
                    between .05% and 2.1%
                    I'm afraid you definitely didn't get the idea. Clearly, if a team makes the superbowl, they have a good coach and a good team. What the mathematics above show is that all things being equal, the team with the franchise QB has a better chance of winning the superbowl than the team without. And those percentages detail the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      But is it the right kind?

Down the road, looking at what has happened here I think I'd be very willing indeed to pass up a fantastic athlete for a "not quite as good, but with a different agent" athlete in the draft if I'm picking the players.

A good athlete doesn't do you any good if when you need him most his agent does this to you every time. A different agent with a consistent athlete would be better. Cook has a pattern emerging.

I'm not sure it works in the favor of his young clients, which means it will eventually not work in his favor overall.

Then again, he's already pretty rich, so maybe he doesn't care about tomorrow.
                      well, i thought about that too. It is good exposure, I suppose, as players like a loyal agent so he will get more clients.
                      Last edited by nbaballer913; 03-17-2009, 04:08 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• but then again, owners hate dealing with agents like Scott Boras, which takes away some of the demand for the client. So if he become like that, maybe its bad.
                        sigpic

Comment

• 2 years i think
                          sigpic

Comment

• Of course he is. Also Cutler keeps going on about trust. His agent obviously told him to go in that direction because the only form of trust he is willing to accept is a long term contract worth about $100 mm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                              Man.

Seeing the pic of him with Peyton at the probowl...

Just makes me think what could of been and how nice life was just a short time ago.
                              funny how life changes in an instant...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieRoyalFan View Post
                                If they keep him, he's only going to bring the players down as well. The story of Jay Cutler being a baby is going to get old. It's already gotten old for me, imagine how the players feel?
                                as professionals, they should be able to handle distractions and focus on their goals
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X