McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
    I dont like Brady Quinn..........AT ALL.

I wish people would stop saying we should trade for him.

All the people who say Jay hasnt done anything would have a field day with Brady Quinn.
    never said jay hasnt done anything, but im sick of hearing all about jay whining about everything. get over it.

he clearly wants to leave (requested trade) so we have to do something with him. brady is a young star with alot of potential with the right coaches and supporting cast

Comment

• Herm Edwards ESPN NEWS on CUTLER

Anyone else watch it? Its honestly common sense at this point

here a few keys from the interview

Agrees Mc Daniels needs to sit down Cutler one more time and hash out their differences. Mc Daniels needs to re assure Jay he is the man in Denver.

Herm does not feel this will effect the locker room what so ever.

Herm also stresses get everyone on the same page.

Comment

• Originally posted by billymischke_33 View Post
        never said jay hasnt done anything, but im sick of hearing all about jay whining about everything. get over it.

he clearly wants to leave (requested trade) so we have to do something with him. brady is a young star with alot of potential with the right coaches and supporting cast
        Never said you did.......

Brady Quinn will not amount to diddly squat in the NFL....You can quote me on that.

I'd rather stick with Cutler than trade for a unproven backup. (I.E. Matt Cassel, or Brady Quinn)
        sigpic

Comment

• Is it just me, or is something just not right?

I've gone through this situation many times in my head today. And the more I think about it, the more it just doesn't sit right in my head, and it feels like there's a giant piece to the puzzle that's missing.

From McDaniels' side, Matt Cassel is out of the picture indefinitely. So from my perspective, he should be kissing Jay's butt and telling him 'you're my guy' after every sentence the two speak. He has to know as the rest of us do that this team is better with Jay than without, and he certainly has to realize he's not going to the playoffs with Chris Simms as his starting quarterback.

It just doesn't make sense that he's unwilling to budge from his position of dealing Jay if he has to knowing he doesn't really have a fallback plan anymore, as he would have with Cassel.

From Cutler's side, I can't fathom why he wouldn't return Bowlens' calls. Here you have a golden opportunity to speak directly to the top of the food chain himself - and maybe get on his good side. And instead, you opt to ignore his phone calls, driving a wedge between you and the one guy who can tell you what you want to hear that supersedes anything McDaniels may tell you. Furthermore, there's nothing McDaniels can do about the attempt to trade him. No one can. All that can be done is Jay showing up to the team meetings and workouts and showing McDaniels that he made a mistake and underestimated him.

So from both angles, there's something that is just off. I couldn't put my finger on it, and then it hit me.

The Broncos don't want Jay here, and Jay doesn't want to be here.

I know what you're asking yourself. "If that's the case, then why don't they just end it and be done with it? Why all the drama?" It goes back to the Dane Cook joke about how when couples break up, they can't just end it responsibly and agree it's over. They have to end things as loud and violently as possible.

For the Broncos, they don't want to look like the bad guys that pushed out a franchise quarterback for no logistical reason. Attitude aside, Jay is one of the top quarterbacks in the league, and by default, the world. And he's REALLY young. You can't just give up on that without a reason. I think there is truth to the Broncos perhaps souring on Jay at some point during the two week time he was at Dove Valley working with McDaniels, and now they're trying to use this situation as an excuse to push for a trade. Or maybe they just know Jay is the most valuable player on the team from a trade perspective, and if he doesn't ask for one now, sooner or later they will have to work out a new deal and pay him a lot of money. Maybe McDaniels and the new front office figures that it's more important to rebuild the defense at this stage than keep a temperamental quarterback that you constantly have to reassure and keep happy, not to mention drastically change your philosophy to fit around his skills.

For Cutler, he's already been lied to or misled by Bowlen on a few occasions. He lost his head coach and his offensive coordinator, and the Broncos have done absolutely nothing to show him they want to build the offense around him and his talents, but rather force him into a system for which he's not suited. They didn't really consult him on the coaching hire. They went back on their word that they would keep the offensive coaches intact. However, he comes into Dove Valley, meets with McDaniels, becomes excited at the prospect of what he may be able to do in his (McDaniels' offense), so he thinks there might be hope. Then the ball drops, and it's revealed that McDaniels was involved in a trade discussion to bring in his former guy from New England. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. Rather than look at the situation more logically and calmly, Cutler goes on the offensive, calling every media outlet he can, convinced that he was almost traded and that he still will be traded. The Broncos attempt (albeit half-heartedly) to convince him otherwise but Cutler fortifies his relationship with his agent, who furthers Cutler's paranoia and convinces his client that the Broncos are firmly against him, preventing Cutler from having direct contact with McDaniels alone and leaking more and more information to the media about the trade that never was.

So in the end, it's a failed Las Vegas marriage. Cutler was never the right fit for McDaniels, and McDaniels was never the right fit for Cutler. At some point, both sides realized this, and rather than understand the situation and maturely coming to a divorce, they decided to play the court of public opinion and get the fans and media on their respective sides.

In the end, both sides are losers, and we fans suffer for it the most.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by billymischke_33 View Post

Yes we (as in the FO not the fans who should be supporting their team regardless) do need to do something!!

But adding the 46th cutler thread and labeling it completely FALSE is not helping things!!
            I mean SERIOUSLY?!?!

GOGO:cutler:

Comment

• ???

Nice post....too bad you left out any backing for your assanine statement. Tell me....oh wise one.....what are our better options......and why oh why should we trust the judgement of an unproven coach....

Comment

• Or we could just do the smart thing and send cutler some where else and find someone with half a brain to run the offense maybe we might win a few ball games this year that way.

Comment

• Its so sad.

Its like watching a guy dump his girlfriend, when the girl is still obviously in love. Sorry Bronco fans, he doesn't love you back, if he did, he'd want to stay.

Comment

• Your Denver Qb For 2009 Season...jay Cutler...

Mark my words, I'm not gonna throw a bunch of threads, a bunch of so called SOURCES,

All I'm gonna say is this, Jay Cutler WILL NOT BE TRADED, PERIOD

There is Nothing we can get in return for him except Tom Brady or Matt Cassel, and they both are NOT gonna happen.

So call me whatever you want...Sticky this thread, write it down take a picture,call your friends from Detroit,Tampa,NY and tell them JAY IS STAYIN!

I dont care about peoples feelings anymore, I dont care if Jays right or Josh is Right, I DONT CARE...Jay is a BRONCO and will be #6 on the front of your programs this year...But #1 in your hearts...

He is DENVER, he wants to be better then ELWAY, he wants the pressure we put on him...He wants to be the guy....

Right or wrong, its not about Jay, or Josh... We as fans pay these guys, we put our butts in the seat, we buy the beer, the food, the sodas...the GEAR.

We tell our kids about #7 and the DRIVE, we want to make new ones with #6...and even Josh as well...
                    sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• Trade the coach

Why would someone try and fix something that is not broke we had one of the best offenses last season this guy should be trying to help the defense and leave cutler and offense alone maybe they should trade the coach for a draft pick or tell him they are entaining offers to hire a new coach and see how he likes it in other words Go Back to New England :cutler:

Comment

• I say keep these parties out of the heart to heart but bring in someone to be the moderator.

I say Pay Dungy 100k to moderate between Josh and Jay.

Keep Bowlen, Cook and Xanders out.

Dungy has just taken up a NFLPA role for the colts and he has experience and wisdom that could help.

Plus Dungy is honest kind of guy so playing the 'trick' game that Josh may play wont fly and he has enough of that authoritative father type sense to keep Jay's emotions in check.

Thats why bowlen or even Shanahan should ask the NFLPA to send someone to help in this mess...

I dont trust a 1 on 1 between the both, something tells me Josh may end up coming out with a missing tooth and a busted nose.
                        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by OglalaLakota75 View Post
                          Why would someone try and fix something that is not broke we had one of the best offenses last season this guy should be trying to help the defense and leave cutler and offense alone maybe they should trade the coach for a draft pick or tell him they are entaining offers to hire a new coach and see how he likes it in other words Go Back to New England :cutler:
                          It was broke....cutler is a bum and always will be!

Comment

• I don't see how this couldn't effect the locker room.

Comment

• Great Post! But dont give up faith... this can be and will be worked out...We as fans have to and I know this is hard...Trust Pat and Josh will get this worked out.
                              sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
                                Mark my words, I'm not gonna throw a bunch of threads, a bunch of so called SOURCES,

All I'm gonna say is this, Jay Cutler WILL NOT BE TRADED, PERIOD

There is Nothing we can get in return for him except Tom Brady or Matt Cassel, and they both are NOT gonna happen.

So call me whatever you want...Sticky this thread, write it down take a picture,call your friends from Detroit,Tampa,NY and tell them JAY IS STAYIN!

I dont care about peoples feelings anymore, I dont care if Jays right or Josh is Right, I DONT CARE...Jay is a BRONCO and will be #6 on the front of your programs this year...But #1 in your hearts...

He is DENVER, he wants to be better then ELWAY, he wants the pressure we put on him...He wants to be the guy....

Right or wrong, its not about Jay, or Josh... We as fans pay these guys, we put our butts in the seat, we buy the beer, the food, the sodas...the GEAR.

We tell our kids about #7 and the DRIVE, we want to make new ones with #6...and even Josh as well...

keep dreaming buddy the loser train (aka jay cutler) has left the station Cutler will be gone next year and we'll have someone much more capable of leading this team (heck we could draft a trained ape and get better production)

Comment

Working...
                                X