No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have tried to see both sides of the J & J fiasco, but in the end I can not justify the means by which Cutler's camp are blowing this thing up, so loudly in fact that many folks are thinking that someone was violated in a criminal way. That's not the case. A trade was discussed, got leaked out, some misunderstandings occured and possibly a fib or two BUT......I really believe this agent dude is up to his old ways, and if you watched how the Favre thing unfolded, this has a very similar (and distasteful) smell to it. If you recall, many of us were subdued by the lack of respect that the Packers were showing, but in hindsight they clearly did not like the antics that Brett and partner were using. It does all come home now as to why Jay has made this thing so public, and is acting like a puppet, while his agent pulls the strings. If so, I could care less about Jay's future here, because it's not about anyone else but Jay and the money man....hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
      How is Cutler not suited for McDaniel's system?

Honestly, Mojo, I think you are reading too much into this. I truly believe this is a war of the wills. McDaniel's made a rookie mistake but ultimately has the superior postion and expects Cutler to get over it.

It is the complete opposite of the Shanahan culture and it is a bit of Culture Shock!

As for McD, let's not forget that McD wanted Chris Simms in NE when Tom Brady went down. There was talk of cutting Cassell before the season, too. If McD understood QB's as much as he would have us believe, why would he have even thought of cutting Cassell? O'Connell had a good preseason, that's why! Had he not been over ruled on Simms, Simms would have been a Patriot.

It is no coincidence that Simms is now a Bronco. McD is arrogant and cocky and so is Jay.

There is no reason the Broncos have to trade J. Take the time and mend the relationship. This past season showed us you need two QB's! We have them now. Time will heal this (especially if this is all a Bus Cook fabrication!)
      I don't want Jay traded, and let me make it perfectly clear that I think the Broncos mishandling of the situation has ultimately brought us to this point.

BUT...

There were signs that Jay was pushing for a trade almost immediately after the botched trade for Cassel took place. He did everything he could to make things difficult on the Broncos. Maybe the Broncos deserved it - they certainly deserved some of it. But at the very least, Jay should have returned Pat Bowlen's phone calls. That's a big aspect of this that I can't wrap my head around. Pat Bowlen can be a powerful ally to Cutler, and he's been through this situation before. Yet Cutler chose to burn that bridge before the phone conference and before the Saturday meeting.

And I think it's quite clear that both sides are going into the same meetings yet coming out with totally different interpretations of what actually happened. The reason for that is because both sides have already made up their minds and are simply going through the motions that they essentially have to go through in order to expediate a trade. It makes sense why Jay wants out, to be perfectly honest. I think he's upset with Bowlen for misleading him through the coaching process and I think he was clearly upset that the Broncos tried to move him. The Broncos have done a lot to make Jay feel unwelcome since the moment they fired Shanahan.

However, I don't know what McDaniels sees wrong in Jay. I mean, Jay's not perfect, and he certainly needs an attitude adjustment. But he's 25-years-old, only 3 years into his career, and McD has NOTHING to fall back on. So his unwillingness to make more of an effort to make things right with Cutler is a little more mind boggling and almost self-destructive.

But in the end, I do believe that both sides want out, and have felt that way for two weeks. I mean look at it this way - this whole time Jay was allegedly searching for the truth from McD about the alleged trade, and he apprently got it on Saturday. So what does he do? He immediately asks for a trade.

Face it. This was a doomed relationship from the start. As much as I want Cutler to stay, it seems more like an unnecessary burden at this point. Cutler won't be any good to us if he doesn't want to be here deep down. And McDaniels certainly isn't going to put him in a position to shine - see Reeves and Elway for proof of that.

I just think we're at the point of no return, and both sides are essentially glad to be there. I mean if Jay is so desperate to get out that he's willing to go to Detroit, then you know it's time to make a move.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Fan 4 Life View Post
        http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler....2.958850.html

if you read this article i found on cbs4denver.com it stats that he has had his house on the market for months now which means that he didn't want to be here, and now that the little pow wow didn't going like poor cutler wanted he says he wants out.

SO I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ONLY ONE TIME>>>>>>>

This is why all of you need to quite acting like 5 year olds and start acting like adults, cutler wants to ditch us. so let him... you want to leave a team because your beloved head coach and QB coach is not here than fine, get lost LOSER, some team player. So i am asking you do you want a drama queen like cutler and TO on the team or some one that will actually help us win and maybe just maybe make it to the freakin playoffs.

That's few days old. Welcome to last week!
        sigpic
        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Fan 4 Life View Post
          http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler....2.958850.html

if you read this article i found on cbs4denver.com it stats that he has had his house on the market for months now which means that he didn't want to be here, and now that the little pow wow didn't going like poor cutler wanted he says he wants out.

SO I AM GOING TO SAY THIS ONLY ONE TIME>>>>>>>

This is why all of you need to quite acting like 5 year olds and start acting like adults, cutler wants to ditch us. so let him... you want to leave a team because your beloved head coach and QB coach is not here than fine, get lost LOSER, some team player. So i am asking you do you want a drama queen like cutler and TO on the team or some one that will actually help us win and maybe just maybe make it to the freakin playoffs.

missed the part where Jay said he was selling his house so he could buy MORE land, didn't you?

its okay...

that would require you to read more than one article...

and just because he's selling his house doesn't mean anything... lots of players in many sports live outside the city or even state they play in.
          Last edited by RealBronco; 03-17-2009, 07:26 PM.
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            In the end, both sides are losers, and we fans suffer for it the most.
            What if the Broncos have a good season without Cutler? I know it must be unimaginable with all the wins Cutler has given us, but try to imagine it.

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
            However, I don't know what McDaniels sees wrong in Jay.
            Oh, I'm starting to see it.

Comment

• Cutler and Scheffler and a 3rd or 4th for Clevelands 1st, Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers.
              sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

• If Cutler has pushed this since the trade revelation broke... It's more Mcd-Xanders-Bowlen's fault than Jay's ... BUT, if Jay pushed, or even hinted at a change, before the news broke... Then this is all Jay's fault.

We do not know yet... Both are too blame really. We've heard anything and everything reported. The sad thing is... everyone loses. BUT, one of the two: Cutler or Mcdaniels... will be vindicated and the other buried... when the truth finally come sout.

Who knew, and did, what when?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenWu View Post
                  If I was McDaniels,

Wow I just had a great run in New England. I helped coach a QB to 50 TDs in a season. Then took a backup to over 10 wins in his first season. Now I have a kid (Cutler) who was 2nd in offense in the league. Threw over 4,000 yards. Imagine what this kid my can do with help after my experience with Tom Brady. Matt Cassel was a good experience. But now I've been hired by Pat Bowlen to be the leader of one of the most successful sports franchises in the world. Why mess with the 2nd ranked offense. Why risk not having Cutler to Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Scheffler, Graham, and Hillis, plus Buckhalter. Give this new kid who has taken Vanderbuilt to it's best season ever, and taken the worst defense almost to the playoffs a chance. If Cutler is traded, I might abandon the Broncos. But not for Cutler. For the fact that my favorite organization makes such poor choices. I hope Pat, Josh, and Jay all sit in a room and become friends. This is a golden opportunity and they all need to embrace it.
                  How about you save yourself some time and don't wait to see how the McJaygate situation ends up, and just leave now. I won't miss you, and either will the Broncos when we return to success.

Comment

• Well, seems like we're all on the same page. Either the Broncos win now, or McDaniels is gone.

However, I believe he's given a grace period of at least two seasons by Bowlen, particularly if Cutler leaves and he has to start from scratch.
                    sigpic

TZ

Comment

• You forgot a 'none of the above' option.

The more I read about Cutler and his contract status the more I think they have to keep him... at least one more year.
                      Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I have tried to see both sides of the J & J fiasco, but in the end I can not justify the means by which Cutler's camp are blowing this thing up, so loudly in fact that many folks are thinking that someone was violated in a criminal way. That's not the case. A trade was discussed, got leaked out, some misunderstandings occured and possibly a fib or two BUT......I really believe this agent dude is up to his old ways, and if you watched how the Favre thing unfolded, this has a very similar (and distasteful) smell to it. If you recall, many of us were subdued by the lack of respect that the Packers were showing, but in hindsight they clearly did not like the antics that Brett and partner were using. It does all come home now as to why Jay has made this thing so public, and is acting like a puppet, while his agent pulls the strings. If so, I could care less about Jay's future here, because it's not about anyone else but Jay and the money man....hope I'm wrong.

That is the truth. AND, you know what... Cook wont be the bad guy here... It'll all be on Jay Cutler... if the truth comes out and Jay really did ask for a trade before the news broke of this trade? Imagine what that will make JC appear to be? I hope that isn't true... b/c of it is... gulp!

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post

Here's more proof:

"Before McDaniels and the Broncos pursued a failed trade for Matt Cassel, Cook had already been begging to get his client out. Denver told him no from the beginning. But somehow Cook has been able — how hilarious is this? — to paint Cutler as some victim in the cruel world of NFL trade talk. At the moment, the Broncos seem to be losing the PR war."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...-another-drama

From this perspective... this is why Cutler wont let this thing end. AND, if this is really true. Cutler is a BIG LOSER. He's led people to think he's the victim... If he pushed this from the start.... I totally lose all respect for him.
                          I could buy into the theory that Cutler asked to be traded earlier than we heard. (However, both parties have stated this isn't true!)

Let's say for a second it is true. Cutler has nothing. Neither does Bus Cook. The fact is the Broncos were the first team to see the value in Cutler in the 06 draft. We made the trade to get him and ultimately Bowlen did.

If the Broncos don't want to trade him they don't have to. His deal is cap friendly if he rides the pine for two seasons. He is a smart enough kid to know that can't happen.

Again, if that is the case I expect two things to happen:

1) Denver will treat the situation the same way Cincinatti did Ocho Cinco.

2) Denver will easily find a way to further discredit Cook and before too long Cutler will get more input on his sour agent. Eventually, he will end up with a new agent and a new deal here.

Finally, both parties said there wasn't an earlier trade request. I believe the situation to be as Klis most recently posted. That being the case, time is to both parties advantage and the Broncos would be wise to utilize it all while insisting Cutler isn't going anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coldbrew View Post
                            If you were McDaniels you would know whats really going on and not be basing your decisions off of rumor and speculation... just a thought.
                            And the guy with under 50 posts knocks it out of the park. Honestly, what else can be said at this point?

Kudos to you, sir.

Comment

• If he trades Cutler and they go 8-8 or worse the next two seasons he is gone.
                              Superbowl 50 Champs!

Comment

• Of all those choices, Brady Quinn makes the most sense. He played the same NE system at Notre Dame
                                sigpic
                                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Working...
                                X