McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    People keep espousing that idea. Please give me one reason why Cutler couldn't fit this system? PLEASE I IMPLORE YOU!

Bledsoe worked, Brady Worked, Cassell who is not much like the other two and is mobile worked, why wouldn't Cutler work?
    I'll give 2 reasons, Jay Cutler and Josh McDaniels.

Comment

• To Buf: Cutler, Scheffler

To Denver: Edwards, Fred Jackson, Keith Ellision, and a 2nd round pick

Comment

• Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan View Post
        I mean, the guy has never come back from a 10 point deficit for god sakes!!!!
        Worry about your team Dolt fan rather than spreading misinformation.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
          Jay wears his emotions on his sleeve. We all know that. Jay is also a 25 year old kid. He handled the situation like a 25 year old kid which is more than we can say for McD. Ultimately, Jay had to have felt slighted by Bowlen as well as McD and let his emotions get the best of him.
          I don't disagree with that. But if Cutler was searching for the truth, and the owner of the team he plays for calls him, he better take that phone call.

That's a young immature mistake and he's paying the consequences for that.

This is what concerns me the most about this whole debacle! I truthfully believe this new staff is getting worked and basically don't know what they are doing! They had to know this would have come to this and the appeal of Cassell was too much to pass up. At this point they are all inexperienced and are learning on the fly. Cutler may not be experienced with this but his agent is! Bowlen can't step in now because he hired McD to do the job.
          I don't fault McDaniels looking at Cassel, and to be perfectly honest, even though I myself wouldn't even consider the trade, McDaniels is allowed to make decisions that he feels are in the best interest of the team. He doesn't answer to us - he answers to Pat Bowlen. He's been given the job of getting the team back to the playoffs, not in 5 years not in 3 years but almost immediately, and Cassel would have expediated that process.

Read the quotes only from Kisla's most recent article! Only the quotes. Tell me what or who sounds more credible. If you ask me, it is Jay?
          I think Cutler has been most credible through this whole thing. But that doesn't necessarily mean he didn't make up his mind about wanting out two weeks ago. Maybe he was hoping the Broncos would say or do something that would change his mind. But they didn't.

Why? Because if it is as you propose Jay's value is only going to decline more each day! Teams will know that eventually Denver is going to move him no matter what.
          Not necessarily. If the NFL has shown me anything, it's that ultimately, the team is in charge and the organization always prevails over the player.

Cutler is only counting about $2 million against the Broncos cap (consider they just signed a long snapper to $1 million guaranteed money). If he refuses to show up, the Broncos can simply sit on him and wait until a team becomes desperate. It may take a while, but Denver won't trade Cutler away for nothing. Bus Cook can cry and whine all he wants to - Denver is under no obligation to trade Jay. He's under contract for 3 more years.

I think if Jay truly wanted to be gone that it is because he knows the new CBA is all but unknown at this point, the economy will have a lag effect and a new contract now will probably be worth more than 3 years from now, and salary in an uncapped year is a mess too.
          I don't think for Jay's perspective this is about money. I really don't. I think for Jay, it's that he wants to be treated like an elite Pro Bowl quarterback by the organization that traded up to draft him, and thus far the Broncos have declined to do that.

Not to mention, he LOVES Nashville and their QB position is all but open in a season or two!
          I think Tennessee is a likely place for Cutler to end up, sure.

He is either cocky, or confused as to what to do! I am quite concerned that McD thinks Cassell could do more in Denver. What would our record have been with Cassell last season? I propose it wouldn't have been close to 8-8!
          No, it wouldn't. It would be hard for many elite, HoF-caliber quarterbacks to get to 8-8 with a defense like ours, which is why only two quarterbacks in NFL history have done it - Cutler and Warner.

He didn't get the truth. He got more belittling that McD is the coach and can do as he sees fit and that he made a move for Cassell and would do it again. Why wouldn't Cutler ask for a trade after that? He wouldn't be a man if he didn't! Cutler said he expected to go in chat it up and laugh about it when it was all said and done.
          But he did confirm to Cutler that he did more than answer a call, and also confirmed the reason why McD wanted Cassel here.

That's ultimately what Jay was allegedly looking for, and he got it.

I don't think it was doomed to begin with. I do think we are passing the point of no return. Ultimately, the Broncos can make this right if they want to. If we get through the Draft without trading Cutler, I would expect them to make it right.
          It was doomed to begin wth because everyone with sense predicted that a McDaniels hiring would certainly signal Bates' firing, and Cutler was told by Bowlen that Bates would be retained if he wanted to stay.

Now, Bates wasn't technically fired, but he was essentially taking a major demotion if he stayed and he would no longer be running the offense with McDaniels here.

And given circumstances that came after (i.e. the Goodmans firing), I'm not sure Bates would have been retained even if he decided to stay.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
            3 way trade?

Lions get:
            Jay Cutler

Browns get:
            Lions #20 overall
            some other pick

Broncos get:
            Brady Quinn
            Browns #5 overall
            If that were really the case, it would not be a bad deal. Getting Quinn would mean that Denver wouldn't have to draft a QB and with the #5 and #12 Denver could get some pretty awsome defensive help. Curry and Raji?

Comment

• Bronco Lover

One major obstacle is in the way of getting this solved.

BUS COOK!

THE BRONCOS NEED TO KEEP BUS COOK AWAY FROM JAY.

Bus is using Jay as a marionette to get a contract extension.
              This is THE major problem that's keeping Jay away from the Broncos.
              D.E

Comment

• I didn't read a quote of begging by Cook in the article. Because if that was true, the Broncos refused to grant a trade and Cutler is a Bronco in 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanEllis View Post
                  One major obstacle is in the way of getting this solved.

BUS COOK!

THE BRONCOS NEED TO KEEP BUS COOK AWAY FROM JAY.

Bus is using Jay as a marionette to get a contract extension.
                  This is THE major problem that's keeping Jay away from the Broncos.
                  I REALLY think Bus Cook's role in this is being exaggerated.

He smells blood, and like any agent, he's swimming for the prey.

But Culter knows that he can wind up in Detroit, and if he's willing to request a trade knowing that's where he can end up, then this is more Cutler not wanting to be here in Denver than anything else.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                    3 way trade?

Lions get:
                    Jay Cutler

Browns get:
                    Lions #20 overall
                    some other pick

Broncos get:
                    Brady Quinn
                    Browns #5 overall

yeah.......that some other pick had better be the 1st overall for the trade to have a chance of happening.
                    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

• Bronco Lover

Bus Cook Needs To Be Reported To The Nfl League Offices For His Outrageous Behavior.
                      D.E

Comment

• Originally posted by Breezer View Post
                        Maybe we can all chip in and keep him around!

If we can get 500,000 Broncos fans to each pitch in $50 that would give him $25 million. I am guessing that would keep him around. $50 bucks to keep our team together!!!! That is less than the price of one Jersey! Plus, this way, he would have to give any of it to Bus Cook!
                        Cutler doesn't want money , he wants honesty, trust, and integrity among his teammates

Comment

• Only Browns Can make Deal Worth Denver's While

I am NOT suggesting I would be thrilled with trading Cutler to the Browns for a deal that would bring Brady Quinn back to Denver, but on the surface, the Browns are about the only team that can make a deal that can give Denver value back in exchange for Cutler.

Consider the following.

What if Denver was able to aquire for Cutler:

QB Brady Quinn
                          NT Shaun Rogers
                          The Browns 2009 first round pick, #17 overall
                          The Browns 2009 third round pick,
                          and the Browns second round pick in 2010.

Would that be a deal worth making for the Broncos?

Under this scenario, Quinn and Rogers are inconsequential for the Browns.
                          Cutler replaces Quinn, and Rogers has already expressed his desire to get out of Cleveland, and they would be clearing cap space to give Cutler a new deal, so only the draft picks are of sacrifice for the Browns.

Do you make this deal?
                          Last edited by MindField; 03-17-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                            Of all those choices, Brady Quinn makes the most sense. He played the same NE system at Notre Dame

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2007/0...dudes-crotches

I can see why you would want him. Are you the Mus"terd" or the "Catch"up

Comment

• Originally posted by BRINGBAKPLUMMER View Post
                              Cutler isn't some poor misled little kid. He wants out of Denver, which is why Cook is doing what he is doing. Cook isn't some evil nutjob who is just randomly trying to destroy the Cutler-Broncos relationship. He is doing his job, one that Cutler himself told him to do.
                              I have no problem with Jay wanting out, if that is the case. I do have a problem with an agent doing what he is doing in public. And if Jay is following his lead, then there are some serious issues there. The article is obviously a hit piece, but it raises concerns. In general, teams take huge monetary risks on high first round choices. They also spent a lot of time and resources developing them. If a young player can break the contract when the team is starting to see a return on investment, the player should have to give some or all of the money back.

Comment

• http://withleather.uproxx.com/2007/0...dudes-crotches

this should answer that

Comment

Working...
                                X