No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if its been posted yet, but on 104.3 today, Sandy said that the Packers reached out to the Broncos today to talk about Bus Cook in light of recent events. I emailed Sandy to see if he had a link, and he doesn't, its a source that told him.

I think Bus Cook knows that next year will be the Year of the QB in the draft(McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, etc..), and is doing whatever he can to get the most money out of a new deal for Jay.

I think Jay is young and dumb enough to be swindled into a situation like this.

Just think about it for a second...EVERYtime this was supposed to come to an end, whose name kept popping up?

Bus Cook.

The call (which was dumb, if you want to talk to someone, go TALK to them. This means YOU, JAY AND MCLOVIN), the meeting at Dove Valley...we keep hearing his name.

Bus Cook.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      Quinn isn't a franchise quarterback. I mean, if the Browns are willing to deal him, how great can he really be? Plus he has some maturity issues, too. To me if the Broncos are willing to part with Cutler, they must be willing to go into 2009 with Chris Simms as the QB, and they must concede that it will be some time before they find a comparable quarterback in the draft.
      That makes no sense. You could be talking about either QB and not tell the difference...lmao

Comment

• In a hypo no ....

They would not make such a mistake in a hypo .....

Just straight up McD and Xder are Rookies ...

and I now believe they know about as much as the QB position as I do ...
        Last edited by LarryDean; 03-17-2009, 09:56 PM.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• I wonder how many games it would take for a Bronco to punch Quinn in the face.

Comment

• good idea. Maybe we should send death threats to Josh McDaniels unless he gives jay a long term contract..... jk jk. Im not sure if i still want jay around.
            :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
              In a hypo no ....

and I now believe they now about as much as the QB position as I do ...

Agreed....

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                I want to know what Josh McD said to get this job. Did he sell Bowlen on the work he could do with Cutler only to turn around and pursue Cassell immediately? If so, that would be another lie!

Or did he tell Bowlen, I can turn your franchise around but we'll need #6 gone.
                I don't think he would have said that before Bowlen hired him. You have to remember this is back when Bowlen and Cutler were "pals".
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by arapaho View Post
                  i kinda was thinking this also, what bothers me is the current thought that jay doesnt fit mcdooshes system?

and i think, what lame assed system couldnt use a young qb with still alot of learning and growing to do, has one of the if not best arm in the game, can make any throw from anywhere on the field, is as accurate as the best of them, very mobile can be used in and out of the pocket, very elusive and can help a line avoid the sacks by making the defender miss??? and can take off when all else fails and pick up some yards on the ground

i cant figure it out...what is mcdoosh looking for, a statue, that is only good for drop back passing, has a weinie arm , and couldnt avoid the rush if his life depended on it, and if the pass isnt there has to resort to either taking a sack or throwing it away?

is that the system we are lookin forward to?
                  cause i believe jay has the talent to succeed in any system...but just not joshes?

Well Bill's coaching tree has gone 0-3.... I mean its the same system that Cornell, Mangini and the other ex-Pat hack have failed with. We also saw how QB dependant it is, If Jay is the Younger version of Farve then all we gotta do is look at the Jets in 08... 9-7 very little run game and crappy WR set. If this is gonna be Greenbay& Jets Part duex then look at GB's record and Jets record... I say that if Cutler goes it speaks for itself right there, because I bet you if Pennigton who is just an overglorified manager could barely succeed in the pats system yet Farve was able to ink out an 9-7 season should say something about the Pats system....
                  Last edited by BroncoKazuki; 03-17-2009, 09:57 PM.
                  McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Agreed....
                    I want Matt Cassel ..... WTH is that OMG ..... GGGGRRRRRRRRR

They got played big time
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                      In a hypo no ....

and I now believe they now about as much as the QB position as I do ...
                      Well, that's not exactly taking the situation and looking at it hypothetically.

For argument's sake, say they did try to deal Cutler, for similar or identical reasons why McDaniels tried trading him. If it were either one of those guys, or someone comparable, would your assessment of the situation change?
                      sigpic

Comment

I've gone through this situation many times in my head today. And the more I think about it, the more it just doesn't sit right in my head, and it feels like there's a giant piece to the puzzle that's missing.

From McDaniels' side, Matt Cassel is out of the picture indefinitely. So from my perspective, he should be kissing Jay's butt and telling him 'you're my guy' after every sentence the two speak. He has to know as the rest of us do that this team is better with Jay than without, and he certainly has to realize he's not going to the playoffs with Chris Simms as his starting quarterback.

It just doesn't make sense that he's unwilling to budge from his position of dealing Jay if he has to knowing he doesn't really have a fallback plan anymore, as he would have with Cassel.

From Cutler's side, I can't fathom why he wouldn't return Bowlens' calls. Here you have a golden opportunity to speak directly to the top of the food chain himself - and maybe get on his good side. And instead, you opt to ignore his phone calls, driving a wedge between you and the one guy who can tell you what you want to hear that supersedes anything McDaniels may tell you. Furthermore, there's nothing McDaniels can do about the attempt to trade him. No one can. All that can be done is Jay showing up to the team meetings and workouts and showing McDaniels that he made a mistake and underestimated him.

So from both angles, there's something that is just off. I couldn't put my finger on it, and then it hit me.

The Broncos don't want Jay here, and Jay doesn't want to be here.

I know what you're asking yourself. "If that's the case, then why don't they just end it and be done with it? Why all the drama?" It goes back to the Dane Cook joke about how when couples break up, they can't just end it responsibly and agree it's over. They have to end things as loud and violently as possible.

For the Broncos, they don't want to look like the bad guys that pushed out a franchise quarterback for no logistical reason. Attitude aside, Jay is one of the top quarterbacks in the league, and by default, the world. And he's REALLY young. You can't just give up on that without a reason. I think there is truth to the Broncos perhaps souring on Jay at some point during the two week time he was at Dove Valley working with McDaniels, and now they're trying to use this situation as an excuse to push for a trade. Or maybe they just know Jay is the most valuable player on the team from a trade perspective, and if he doesn't ask for one now, sooner or later they will have to work out a new deal and pay him a lot of money. Maybe McDaniels and the new front office figures that it's more important to rebuild the defense at this stage than keep a temperamental quarterback that you constantly have to reassure and keep happy, not to mention drastically change your philosophy to fit around his skills.

For Cutler, he's already been lied to or misled by Bowlen on a few occasions. He lost his head coach and his offensive coordinator, and the Broncos have done absolutely nothing to show him they want to build the offense around him and his talents, but rather force him into a system for which he's not suited. They didn't really consult him on the coaching hire. They went back on their word that they would keep the offensive coaches intact. However, he comes into Dove Valley, meets with McDaniels, becomes excited at the prospect of what he may be able to do in his (McDaniels' offense), so he thinks there might be hope. Then the ball drops, and it's revealed that McDaniels was involved in a trade discussion to bring in his former guy from New England. This is the straw that broke the camel's back. Rather than look at the situation more logically and calmly, Cutler goes on the offensive, calling every media outlet he can, convinced that he was almost traded and that he still will be traded. The Broncos attempt (albeit half-heartedly) to convince him otherwise but Cutler fortifies his relationship with his agent, who furthers Cutler's paranoia and convinces his client that the Broncos are firmly against him, preventing Cutler from having direct contact with McDaniels alone and leaking more and more information to the media about the trade that never was.

So in the end, it's a failed Las Vegas marriage. Cutler was never the right fit for McDaniels, and McDaniels was never the right fit for Cutler. At some point, both sides realized this, and rather than understand the situation and maturely coming to a divorce, they decided to play the court of public opinion and get the fans and media on their respective sides.

In the end, both sides are losers, and we fans suffer for it the most.

If you think McDaniel will ever kiss Cutler's butt and pamper a star player than you just don't understand the Patriot way. It is all about team over any one player. McDaniel is a firm disciple of Belichek in that regard. McDaniel isconfident and believes in his system, he knows he can be successful with QBs other than Cutler and wont put up with the selfish baby act.

For all of you Bronco fans that have decided McDaniel is the devil, you might want to give him a chance. I think you will find him to be a smart dude and a good coach.

I think the real truth is that Cutler has wanted out ever since Shanahan and his OC were let go because he doesnt want to play in the NE style offense where a QB has to be VERY disciplined and accountable. Cutler would rather wing it down field and force the ball into coverage.

Comment

• No! Bill Belicheat, yes, but even if Mike Shanahan or any other Top HC tried this BS I'd be calling him a complete idiot.......

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
                            If you think McDaniel will ever kiss Cutler's butt and pamper a star player than you just don't understand the Patriot way. It is all about team over any one player. McDaniel is a firm disciple of Belichek in that regard. McDaniel isconfident and believes in his system, he knows he can be successful with QBs other than Cutler and wont put up with the selfish baby act.

For all of you Bronco fans that have decided McDaniel is the devil, you might want to give him a chance. I think you will find him to be a smart dude and a good coach.

I think the real truth is that Cutler has wanted out ever since Shanahan and his OC were let go because he doesnt want to play in the NE style offense where a QB has to be VERY disciplined and accountable. Cutler would rather wing it down field and force the ball into coverage.
                            Well, it worked for Elway, Favre, Namath, Bradshaw, Staubach, and numerous other successful quarterbacks.

There's nothing wrong with a gun-slinger for a quarterback.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                              This would add to why I'm so thoroughly disgusted with Bowlen, McDoogie and the entire Broncos organization.

If Cutler doesn't fit Doogie's system then there is something very wrong with Doogie's gay system and therefor should have never been hired by Pat Bowlen.......personally, I call BS!

Something royally stinks about this entire fiasco, Doogie and his system have proven exactly nothing as a Head Coach, if Bowlen picked this over a Franchise QB then he lost his freaking mind.

I refuse to believe anybody could be this stupid.......
                              Something wrong with McDaniels system??? LIke What?

Looked pretty good in 2007 when the Patriot offense was totally unstoppable on the way to 16-0.

Looked pretty good in 2008 when the team went 11-5 with no Tom Brady and he made a good QB out of a 4 year benchwarmer who had never played a down in the NFL.

Comment

...who tried to deal Cutler?

Let's say for argument's sake that the Broncos hired Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, or someone comaprable, and it was them that tried to deal Cutler instead of McDaniels.

Would you be more accepting or less accepting? Do you think Cutler would have reacted the same way? Do you think the media response would be the same?
                                Those two guys, you know.... Would look at the defense and FIX it first.

Comment

Working...
                                X