McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
    If you think McDaniel will ever kiss Cutler's butt and pamper a star player than you just don't understand the Patriot way. It is all about team over any one player. McDaniel is a firm disciple of Belichek in that regard. McDaniel isconfident and believes in his system, he knows he can be successful with QBs other than Cutler and wont put up with the selfish baby act.

For all of you Bronco fans that have decided McDaniel is the devil, you might want to give him a chance. I think you will find him to be a smart dude and a good coach.

I think the real truth is that Cutler has wanted out ever since Shanahan and his OC were let go because he doesnt want to play in the NE style offense where a QB has to be VERY disciplined and accountable. Cutler would rather wing it down field and force the ball into coverage.
    If that were true then Brady should make the Average for a QB starter but they constructed so they could 'pamper' Brady over there in NE. theres a reason why the rest of the team gets the min while Brady has all the mula...

Its ego and McDumba$$ wanted his guy because he 'made' that guy, he didnt make Cutler nor will he want to coach him. he didnt pick the guy so therefore he doesnt want to use something that's used in his eyes.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• *Sigh*

I really think you guys aren't quite understanding what a hypothetical situation is.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by trmcmichael View Post
        For those who would continually refer to coach as a liar, remember Jays words not so long ago? "I don't play for coaches, I play for my teammates." How is that one sitting with you? He is every bit the liar and manipulator that many are trying to make Josh out to be. Jay is playing this one perfect, and stands to make a ton of money for simply being a disloyal baby.
        So, when its the Team wanting someone gone its business, but when the player wants out he's a baby?

Which one is it?

Jay Cutler has NEVER, and I mean NEVER lied to the media, even a little bit. Even when it pissed people off he spoke his mind and didn't give a flying Tom and Jerry what anyone thought about it...

...Why all the sudden would he just up and start lying? To get more money? Jay wants to win, and he knows he can win here. He's not dumb enough to think he can go win in Detroit.

I think Bus Cook is "leaking" crap to people, spreading misinformation, and stirring the pot, playing the pipe while leading the Broncos to the river.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
          Well, that's not exactly taking the situation and looking at it hypothetically.

For argument's sake, say they did try to deal Cutler, for similar or identical reasons why McDaniels tried trading him. If it were either one of those guys, or someone comparable, would your assessment of the situation change?
          No sir not at all ....In fact I would be even more upset ...
          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• If my boss wanted to talk to me he could come to me and talk not wait for me to go to his desk. Also, text messaging is so impersonal. Face to face meets will be the only way to fix this. If I was McD I would take the first plane to Tenn and wait on his porch. This way it is guaranteed that Bus Crook won't be there to "mediate".
            Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

• was gonna vote yes before i saw rogers name appear on the poll... but i don't think quinn is a stiff either so im just not going to vote.
              disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

*Sigh*

I really think you guys aren't quite understanding what a hypothetical situation is.
                Bare with me

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=138499

For going on about 3 yrs straight ...

na make that 20+ yrs Hell I cant count and who knows at this point but I'm rdy ....
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

...who tried to deal Cutler?

Let's say for argument's sake that the Broncos hired Bill Cowher, Marty Schottenheimer, or someone comaprable, and it was them that tried to deal Cutler instead of McDaniels.

Would you be more accepting or less accepting? Do you think Cutler would have reacted the same way? Do you think the media response would be the same?
                  Normally I would say thank the football gods we did not get Shoty but after this whole debacle I would love to have him. My answer to your poll would be no answer... simply based on the fact NEITHER of those coaches would have made this huge rookie mistake.

Face it McDoofus screwed the pooch and we the fans got the Money Shot!
                  Cutler 2008:
                  » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                  »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                  » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                  » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

• Mojo, you know people would not be reacting the same if it were those guys. And for people to actually think they know anywhere near as much as McDaniels about the game of football you are really kidding yourself....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                      We beat three of those four teams because of late-game heroics from Cutler. Without Cutler, they blow us out.
                      And the QB didn't have anything to do with Denver needing late game heriocs? Cutler was great times last year, and at times he completely disappeared. People need to keep a little perspective.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
                        Something wrong with McDaniels system??? LIke What?

Looked pretty good in 2007 when the Patriot offense was totally unstoppable on the way to 16-0.

Looked pretty good in 2008 when the team went 11-5 with no Tom Brady and he made a good QB out of a 4 year benchwarmer who had never played a down in the NFL.
                        Save it, Charger fan, it's basic math. I'm not saying there is something wrong with Doogie's Run and Shoot system, Doogie's system is nice with Cassel, it's even better with Cutler. All I'm saying is if the best players at the position didn't fit your system then something is wrong with your system.

I'd be saying the same thing if it were Phylis Rivers being traded.......
                        Last edited by stnzed; 03-17-2009, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• While listening to Siruis NFLRadio I heard....

.... a commentator say that if he was GM of the Broncos, he wouldn't let go of Cutler for less than a QB, and two(2) first round picks. Now I feel this is highly unlikely, yet I thought it would make an interesting poll.

So I thought, if worse case scenario(or at least for some of us here) Cutler is traded, which of the following trades would you prefer?

Buffalo - Trent Edwards, 2009 1st round pick(11 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Cleveland - Brady Quinn, 2009 1st round pick(5 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Detriot - Daunte Culpepper, 2009 1st round pick(1 overall), and 2010 1st round pick(or second 2009 1st round pick, 20 overall)

San Fransisco - Alex Smith, 2009 1st round pick(10 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Washington - Jason Campbell, 2009 1st round pick(13 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

NY Jets - Kellen Clemons, 2009 1st round pick(17 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Chicago - Kyle Orton, 2009 1st round pick(18 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Tampa Bay - Jeff Garcia, 2009 1st round pick(19 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Minnesota - Sage Rosenfels, 2009 1st round pick(22 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Seattle - Matt Hasselbeck, 2009 1st round pick(4 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

Tennessee - Vince Young, 2009 1st round pick(30 overall), and 2010 1st round pick

St. Louis - Marc Bulger, 2009 1st round pick(2 overall), and 2010 1st round pick
                          Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                          Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                          Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                            No sir not at all ....In fact I would be even more upset ...
                            True That!
                            Cutler 2008:
                            » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
                            »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
                            » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
                            » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

• Originally posted by AyanBronco View Post
                              Cutler doesn't want money , he wants honesty, trust, and integrity among his teammates
                              Wouldn't you say that he's already got that among his teammates? It's the management his gripe is with, not his teammates... supposedly.
                              I'm done with this team until they're done with Josh.

Comment

• As a curious onlooker I can definitely say that my stance on it would be different.

McDaniels has proven nothing except that he can coach under Belichick, which worked oh so well for those who came before him.

Hell if it was someone from a coaching tree with more success (regardless of experience), I'd understand but McDaniels? Nah.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X