McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
    Weird how Atlanta's defense was marginally better... weird... Weird how Arizona had as bad a defense yet got to the SB.... weird.... Strange how Atlantas starting CB came from the Broncos where he couldn't even start here....weird....Strange how Cutler progressively got worse when we only needed 1 win... weird..... Thats so strange!
    Atlanta's was better. Period. Weird.

Atlanta had a running game. Weird.

Atlanta has a pass rush, which made that starting CB look even better. Weird.

Arizona had receivers that catch the ball in the clutch, and a pretty good running game. Weird.

Sh....sh....shut your mouth.

Comment

• IF it ABSOLUTELY must happen, then yea obviously this is the way to go, but were still trading down.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        Other sources say that Jay and Cook demanded a trade after Bates was let go.

I guess I don't believe *anyone*. How do you pick and choose who you believe? I'm just going to hope this all works out, and that the Broncos are successful no matter what happens
        No, only Peter King has said that, without naming his source. Others have gone off of Kings report. He is to blame for all the talk about Cutler requesting the trade early. Not one source has ever come out of that. Everyone involved that has talked about it has said it never happened. Granted, the only people to say that are Cutler and Cook. I tend to believe Cutler though. His honesty in the media is what gets him in trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
          Lord, I had to know that Yoda was going to be dragged into this argument eventually. *sigh* What the hell did Yoda ever do to you to get dragged into this!?
          lol... remember in ESB when luke was looking for yoda, when he found him yoda wasnt telling him who he was, to see who luke was on the inside and to see if he had patience. i really dont think that mcd is doing that to jay, but through all of this were learning alot aboutboth sides.

Comment

• Originally posted by FormulaDenver View Post
            How would you guys feel about Brady Quinn + 1st rounder. To me IF cutler MUST go i would rather have brady over the other possibilities.

Thoughts? :go:
            I agree totally, but I don't see this happening even w/o the first rounder. Cleveland (in general) thinks very highly of Quinn. Mangini is doing just about every thing possible to make it his franchise, but making this deal would create alienation just like it has with the Broncos. If we can't get Jay back, then give me Quinn all the way. Reality is, if Jay goes, the Broncos are not going to be very good at the quarterback position next season. Some people are talking about drafting one, but I'd rather have Phil's kid starting. He's actually not bad when given a chance.

Comment

• After a peek at the Browns boards for a few days... seems they are as split about unloading Qiunn as we are at unloading cutler.

I endorse keeping Cutler first and foremost but, IF the Cutler era in Denver is actually over i would endorse Quinn.

As a side note***
              Ppl mention Detroit this, Detroit that. Fact of the matter is we cannot afford 2 first round picks... we have 16m cap space give or take any recent signings to take care of 6-7 draft picks already.
              He's still Tim Tebow... and you're NOT!
              But Peyton Manning will win a Super Bowl.

Comment

• I Hate Brady Quinn.

Comment

• Rotoworld is reporting differently.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...141393&id=3608

According to SI's Peter King, the Broncos are "hanging on to Jay Cutler and won't entertain discussion for him at this time."
                  The Broncos' current stance is to try to meet with Cutler sans agent Bus Cook, hoping the situation can be remedied. King believes the relationship is now beyond repair and that Cutler will be traded, with Denver's stance likely to change before the NFL Draft. King nominates the Bucs and the Jets as the "most fervent suitors." Mar. 18 - 11:12 am et
                  Source: SI.com

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                    No, only Peter King has said that, without naming his source. Others have gone off of Kings report. He is to blame for all the talk about Cutler requesting the trade early. Not one source has ever come out of that. Everyone involved that has talked about it has said it never happened. Granted, the only people to say that are Cutler and Cook. I tend to believe Cutler though. His honesty in the media is what gets him in trouble.
                    Just because he has been honest doesn't mean he isn't using the media to suit his agenda this time.

I'm just not taking one side over the other untill we know FACTS as FACTS. Right all we know is that "sources" are directly contradicting other "sources".

Again, I just hope they can work things out so Jay is the QB of the Denver Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                      I Hate Brady Quinn.
                      you hate everyone....but thats besides the point.

If I were a trekkie, I'd say the Quinn + #5 deal for Cutler would be the logical choice as a Broncos fan~

Someone to photoshop me a Quinn #10 Broncos Jersey in Orange Crush style imo~

Comment

• if we get proper value for Jay then ill be happy. we better get good players or high draft picks. i just dont want to be lowballed and get some crappy picks or conditional picks.

even though Jay Cutler is damaged goods

Comment

• Originally posted by I Hate SD Alot View Post
                          It's stupid anyway because we aren't going to can McDaniels. Forget about that happening for at least two years. If anything, Jay will get the boot. This thread is stupid and the only option anyone should be rooting for is not up there, and that is, keep them both.
                          No, your my thread is not stupid, yours is! My thread has nothing to do with who anyone is rooting for. It just asks which of the two options would be a wiser move.
                          If you love NFL stats and history
                          pro-football-reference.com
                          jt-sw.com/football

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                            you hate everyone....but thats besides the point.

If I were a trekkie, I'd say the Quinn + #5 deal for Cutler would be the logical choice as a Broncos fan~

Someone to photoshop me a Quinn #10 Broncos Jersey in Orange Crush style imo~
                            I don't hate you

Comment

• Do you honestly think that Bowlen wants to pay 3 coaches when only one is actually coaching? Keeping McD is the ONLY choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                                Weird how Atlanta's defense was marginally better... weird... Weird how Arizona had as bad a defense yet got to the SB.... weird.... Strange how Atlantas starting CB came from the Broncos where he couldn't even start here....weird....Strange how Cutler progressively got worse when we only needed 1 win... weird..... Thats so strange!
                                1) Atlanta had an amazing runningback

2) Arizona used a veteran QB, who went to the superbowl twice, and had the 2 best WRs in the game!

3) Shanahan is bad at defense and couldn't see talent on it if it slapped him in the face.

4) Its wierd how the ENTIRE CITY OF DENVER PUT PRESSURE ON THE GUY! And the defense did nothing to help him. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! And he didnt have a running back to help him out! and don't say tater was helping because everyone knows he is a temporary guy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X