No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The less I hear about Marshall this offseason the happier I will be ...

He needs a big case of See no evil,Hear no Evil,Speak no evil

and most of all !!! Zero McDonalds because it clearly states that in his contract now....

I would like to hear from Rod Smith on this ....
    Last edited by LarryDean; 03-18-2009, 06:32 PM.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

• Originally posted by GeoffCahill24 View Post
      Defense wins championships not franchise QB's.
      Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisburger(sp?), John Elway, Steve Young, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Kurt Warner, Bob Greise, Bart Starr..

Those are all franchise QB's. LOL

BTW fans who aer griping should be. Cutler is a stud QB, and the Broncos are probably going to lose him. That doesn't mean these people don't like the Broncos anymore, it just means they are PISSED. Personally I think all fans should be furious about this current situation.

Also, can we please get over this ******* "fans" in quotation denoting some of us are not fans. You the hell are you to judge us? We're all on this MB which suggests were more hardcore than most.

Comment

This is a joke picking a single player over an organization. This team is not going to fall because a QB , with a losing record I might add, gets traded. Defense wins championships not franchise QB's. All of you that said Josh was a liar and the news from Roto is that Jay was begging for a trade when Shanny and Bates got canned and then Josh listens to a trade offer and now all of the sudden he is the bad guy. I don't care if Jay stays or goes I'm with the Organization that is The Denver Broncos not the Jay Cutlers or Brandon Marshalls, 10-12 yrs from now they will be long gone and the Broncos will still be here. Have faith in Pat Bowlen I mean come on the Broncos have only had two losing records in 15 years how many other Franchises can say that. Pat Bowlen is one of the greatest owners in all of sports he will not own a disaster of a franchise. Yea you can all say well Shanahan was here but how many people were saying the same stuff about the young Mike Shanahan as Josh McDaniels. This is a business no one player is greater the the team. NO ONE. So get over this oh if Jay goes I go crap and if you're that much of a bandwagon fan see ya you can watch Jay throw interceptions somewhere else.

Thank you sir GREAT POST!

I think the truth is starting to really come out now, about how a little brat QB is mad because all his friends were fired now he doesn't want to play ball. Am I saying that McDaniels handled the situation perfectly, far from it.

But Cutler left this team the minute Shanny-hand and Bates did. And good riddance as far as im concerned if that is his choice, but if he wants to take his diaper off and play with the rest of the team then I will be glad to have him.

Comment

• Originally posted by acpell671 View Post
          Embrace the Patriots way, baby. That's what we are!
          That's really all that needs to be said.
          sigpic
          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• I think the first post sums it up.
            Josh is making it clear that winning is important. And if you are injury prone or installing a new multiple WR sets picking up your guys that "get it" is very smart. Getting rid of mediocrity is key.
            The other thing is this... we still don't know the whole story. And at the end of the day Josh is the boss. It's up to Cutler to prove himself to his new boss.
            Humans never like change. Losing Shannahan was big stuff. But Pat Bowlen puts people in place to make decisions.

Let's see what pans out. There's too much film on Jay throwing INTs. I love the guy and he did some great things with Cutler's kids. But at the end of the day, I am going to trust Josh McD and his decision making. We'll see what happens next.

Oh yea, while we're at it I'd get rid of Marshall. Anyone that can't get their act together and beats on women screams character flaws.

Time to make the changes that Mike kept sweeping under the rug.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
              I was just going to say, he even admitted meating Jay a couple times. I'm not sure if it was that press conference or one shorty after, but I'm pretty sure he even said the stuff about Bates staying and Jay being his QB in one of the press conferences. I may have to look for that later.
              What is scarier? Bowlen going senile or Bowlen lying? Because I'm not sure what else his quote could mean.

I'm really losing faith in our franchise at this point.

The stories about Cutler asking to be traded don't sit right. The lying is clearly coming from the Bronco brass as evidenced by the horribly evaded answer to a question presented by Pat Bowlen which boils down to: "I can't remember talking to Jay ever. I'm old."

What a horrible screw up this whole thing has been.

I think why it stings so much for many of us Bronco fans lies in a couple of areas. When Cutler was brought in we were coming off the AFC Championship loss. We were on TOP. Even Plummer supporters like me could get behind this kid though--he was the future, the quarterback our hearts had desperately sought since Elway left town. Benching Plummer for Cutler, losing three seasons in a row, we were able to stomach it because of what Cutler ultimately met for our franchise. Now three years is completely shot. For what? Chris Simms? Brady Quinn? You think we have a bad QB right now, try Mr. Quinn on for size. Right after he was drafted he refused to sign fans autographs without monetary compensation.

David Krieger has it right. McDaniels is showing his terrible judgment here. We are in trouble if we can't get a guy like Jay Cutler to fit into his "system." We are in trouble if our head coach evaluates the talent of Cassell as being better than the talent of Cutler.

We are just in big trouble.

Comment

• I've been a fan of the Broncos for about 20 years and I must say that no one here on this message board knows the whole truth. I think it is so funny to see people siding with one person or the other when the truth is probably that both sides are to blame. Do any of you personally know Jay or Josh? I doubt it, because if you did you probably wouldn't be on the message board responding to all the latest rumors. Here's my problem with Jay. He is supposed to be the face of the franchise, the team leader, and in his mind "untradeable". If this is so, how come he can't even be bothered to show up to the first practice? I understand he has a problem with Josh, but now he is setting the example that he is not even going to give this thing a chance. Would you quit a job before even working there for one day? Maybe you don't like your new boss, but how about working with him for a couple days before you decide that you are going to quit. All that Jay knows about Josh comes from a few phone conversations and meetings that they have had with BUS COOK present every time. Is it just a huge coincidence that the one guy who fueled last season's QB controversy (with Favre) is heavily involved in this one as well? Go Broncos, with or without Jay. If he decides to get over himself I will gladly welcome him back, but if he decides to pout and take no ownership of his part in this feud, then I won't be so sad to see him go. The Broncos may be worse off this year because of it, but if Jay refuses to grow up, they may be better in the long run. I hope for Jay's sake that his attitude doesn't end up tainting what could be a HOF career.
                Posted by DrunkPanda immediately after Denver took Knowshon Moreno with the 12th pick in the 1st round

"obviously [email protected] is very confused. he tihnks he is still the offensive coordinator, not the headcoach. he will probably draft offense with the rest of his picks, forgetting that defensive positions even exist in football"

Let's see how this hilarious prediction unfolds is as the draft continues.

Comment

• Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
                  What is scarier? Bowlen going senile or Bowlen lying? Because I'm not sure what else his quote could mean.

I'm really losing faith in our franchise at this point.

The stories about Cutler asking to be traded don't sit right. The lying is clearly coming from the Bronco brass as evidenced by the horribly evaded answer to a question presented by Pat Bowlen which boils down to: "I can't remember talking to Jay ever. I'm old."

What a horrible screw up this whole thing has been.

I think why it stings so much for many of us Bronco fans lies in a couple of areas. When Cutler was brought in we were coming off the AFC Championship loss. We were on TOP. Even Plummer supporters like me could get behind this kid though--he was the future, the quarterback our hearts had desperately sought since Elway left town. Benching Plummer for Cutler, losing three seasons in a row, we were able to stomach it because of what Cutler ultimately met for our franchise. Now three years is completely shot. For what? Chris Simms? Brady Quinn? You think we have a bad QB right now, try Mr. Quinn on for size. Right after he was drafted he refused to sign fans autographs without monetary compensation.

David Krieger has it right. McDaniels is showing his terrible judgment here. We are in trouble if we can't get a guy like Jay Cutler to fit into his "system." We are in trouble if our head coach evaluates the talent of Cassell as being better than the talent of Cutler.

We are just in big trouble.
                  I seriously think this is collective bad Karma. How many times have we all laughed at Al Davis? Seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                    I believe Jay understands that this is a business. I think he also doesn't care that it's a cut-throat business - we all understand that - but when he asks someone point blank, "Am I on the trade block?" and they respond with "No." he expects it to be true.

I have worked in some cut-throat businesses before. When I was a private contractor, it was not for the feint of heart.

But if anyone ever lied to me, I never did business with them again.

Many people are plenty tough. They know the reality of their business and they accept that. But this makes integrity an even greater asset.

When Shanahan got caught talking trades about Sharpe, Sharpe got furious - and Shanahan acknolwedged it and set to work to rebuild their relationship.

But he never lied about it.

I don't think the issue here is the idea of hearing about trades or talking about trades, although that does matter too. It's the smaller issue in my estimation however. I think the bigger issue that Jay is expressing is a matter of integrity.

If anyone I work with, be they a subordinate, partner, peer or a superior, ever wants me to stop focusing on doing my job well and taking care of them and my team and start looking for a way out, the fastest, easiest, and most difficult to fix way to do that is to lie to me.

If someone wants to alienate me very quickly, very powerfully, and all but eternally, it's easy; lie to me.

I was in a tough industry. I didn't mind - because I knew I could handle that reality.

But no one ever lied to me twice.

This is not about toughness. That's not what I hear Cutler saying. I hear him saying it's about trust and integrity - and I think he has a compelling point.
                    he didn't ask Josh he asked his Agent his agent said no. not josh josh was trying to keep it quite because he was just looking and didnt want it to turn to what it is know.
                    "I was't the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd, and you will win your freedom." -Gladiator

Comment

• Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                      I believe Jay understands that this is a business. I think he also doesn't care that it's a cut-throat business - we all understand that - but when he asks someone point blank, "Am I on the trade block?" and they respond with "No." he expects it to be true.

I have worked in some cut-throat businesses before. When I was a private contractor, it was not for the feint of heart.

But if anyone ever lied to me, I never did business with them again.

Many people are plenty tough. They know the reality of their business and they accept that. But this makes integrity an even greater asset.

When Shanahan got caught talking trades about Sharpe, Sharpe got furious - and Shanahan acknolwedged it and set to work to rebuild their relationship.

But he never lied about it.

I don't think the issue here is the idea of hearing about trades or talking about trades, although that does matter too. It's the smaller issue in my estimation however. I think the bigger issue that Jay is expressing is a matter of integrity.

If anyone I work with, be they a subordinate, partner, peer or a superior, ever wants me to stop focusing on doing my job well and taking care of them and my team and start looking for a way out, the fastest, easiest, and most difficult to fix way to do that is to lie to me.

If someone wants to alienate me very quickly, very powerfully, and all but eternally, it's easy; lie to me.

I was in a tough industry. I didn't mind - because I knew I could handle that reality.

But no one ever lied to me twice.

This is not about toughness. That's not what I hear Cutler saying. I hear him saying it's about trust and integrity - and I think he has a compelling point.
                      My friend, you might as well bang your head on the wall. I have been saying this since day one and there just isnt a whole hell of a lot of people that get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
                        As do I.

But I also want that 53 man roster to be filled with the most talent possible and not chase off our good players!

Lack of talent is why people here have been complaining about mediocrity.
                        hahaha, dude come on, there are far better qb's out theree with far better attatudes that cutler, or should i say T.O JR.
                        "I was't the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd, and you will win your freedom." -Gladiator

Comment

• Originally posted by Cat5 View Post
                          Jay is a great QB. He may have "emotional" issues, but he is still a great QB. Problem is he is not McDaniels' man. He is Mike's man. I understand all the "best for the team" stuff from McD and his NE Patriots. That, however, has nothing to do with this. The QB and HC have to spend alot of time together building synergy. Jay is Mike's man, not McD's. Mr. McD wants his own QB to build the synergy--hence the MK trade talks. Jay realizes this and has requested the trade. Drama aside, McD wants his own QB, not somebody else's. Jay wants a team that wants him. It's time to move on.

If you didn't think this would happen on 30 December, you're deluding yourself.

God Speed for Mike and Jay no matter where they go (even if it's within the AFC-W). God help the rest of us survive this year under PB and JM.

John Elway was a "great"QB Joe Montana was a "great" QB Peyton Manning IS a "great" QB.

On what basis is Jay Cutler a "great" QB ?

He is a good young talent with great potential but still has a long ways to go in decision making, ball security and LEADERSHIP.

Comment

This is a joke picking a single player over an organization. This team is not going to fall because a QB , with a losing record I might add, gets traded. Defense wins championships not franchise QB's. All of you that said Josh was a liar and the news from Roto is that Jay was begging for a trade when Shanny and Bates got canned and then Josh listens to a trade offer and now all of the sudden he is the bad guy. I don't care if Jay stays or goes I'm with the Organization that is The Denver Broncos not the Jay Cutlers or Brandon Marshalls, 10-12 yrs from now they will be long gone and the Broncos will still be here. Have faith in Pat Bowlen I mean come on the Broncos have only had two losing records in 15 years how many other Franchises can say that. Pat Bowlen is one of the greatest owners in all of sports he will not own a disaster of a franchise. Yea you can all say well Shanahan was here but how many people were saying the same stuff about the young Mike Shanahan as Josh McDaniels. This is a business no one player is greater the the team. NO ONE. So get over this oh if Jay goes I go crap and if you're that much of a bandwagon fan see ya you can watch Jay throw interceptions somewhere else.
                            AMen brother, i totally agree. you said everything that needs to be said about this situation. if you are a bronco fan you are a bronco fan period. you like most of us are fans of the 53 man roster, not just one man. if that is the case get lost.

Comment

• First of all...when you say stuff like..."oh...uh..I didn't have that conversation..haha, at least I dont remember it, I know im getting up there in years"

LIE. And that really worries me.

I wish people would stop taking all of this article out of context. Its like people pick and choose the wording to fit their agenda. Hey, check this out, I wanna do it to:

Bowlen was asked if he has reservations about McDaniels, his new coach, or the way he handled this matter.

"To tell you the truth, I have no answer to that question," Bowlen said. "I would like to keep him here, obviously. But if you are going to be an unhappy camper, there is no real reason to be here."

See what I did there!?
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                                Same way I did last season because I root for the 53 man roster, not just one player. :go:
                                I really wish people would stop with this junk. This isnt about THE TEAM. We all obviously like the Broncos, we all want them to win and when game one kicks off, we will all be pulling for the Broncos. This is about a RELATIONSHIP. One that has been, it would seem, broken beyond repair because of dishonesty and disrespect. Jay Cutler isnt worried about his teammates just like they wouldnt be worried about him in any "contract dispute" which is generally what this boils down to. Jay is trying to take care of Jay just liek the Broncos were trying to take of the Broncos when they "entertained" discussion about trading him.

Comment

Working...
                                X