McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bronco Fan 4 Life View Post
    hahaha, dude come on, there are far better qb's out theree with far better attatudes that cutler, or should i say T.O JR.
    And how many of those guys are available?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutler=Elway View Post
      Great Post! But dont give up faith... this can be and will be worked out...We as fans have to and I know this is hard...Trust Pat and Josh will get this worked out.
      I think someone really doesn't want to change their username.

I truly feel Jay will be gone with the way this thing is playing out, I had my hopes set high on him working this out though. I just can not imagine how this situation can get worked out well from this point unless Cook was the instigator in all this and Cutler drops him, but if that is not the case then this seems like it will be leading to a seperation.
      Being a Bronco fan is more important than being a fan of any coach or player in particular.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accordngs View Post
        And how many of those guys are available?
        enough..

:go:
        "I was't the best because I killed quickly. I was the best because the crowd loved me. Win the crowd, and you will win your freedom." -Gladiator

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutlers crew View Post
          i know we all have our opinions and ASSumptions about this whole ordeal, but i cant help but notice ...nobody on the team is speaking up for cutler
          i mean his o-line? his recievers? anybody?
          it seems really strange to me that no one is saying...hey jays our qb,we WANT him here ! i mean is everybody at dove valley so scared to speak ,because mcD will run them out of town or is it that the team is confident jay will be back before camp? what is going on !
          just thought it really strange , i can kinda see why brandon wants to stay out of the spotlight right now ,but c'mon somebody's got to speak up for their QB !:go::cutler:
          They're are keeping their mouths shut like they should. They don't need to stir the media frenzy. Jay knows that he's greatly appreciated by those guys in there and he doesn't need them to get into trouble with McD as well. I bet Jay is getting plenty of texts that are showing support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
            How are they manufacturing stories? All I saw on Denver Broncos .com was that they were planning an ut oh... FACE TO FACE MEETING.. which never happened because Jay needs Bus to hold his hand everywhere. Jay and Bus are making Jay and Bus look bad. Period.
            Dude, if you want to selectively choose to read only that information that supports your cause ... so be it. If you read the thread and the story it refers to, you will see:

Bowlen said on Wednesday afternoon: "I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent. Mike was fired right after the season. At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay. Now, actually, to be fair, I don't think I had that discussion. I don't recall it. I know I'm getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion."
            Then, go to nfl.com video section. Search for the Pat Bowlen press conference announcing Shanahan's firing and fast forward to roughly the 16 minute mark. Then, ask your self ... 'is Bowlen lying or has he just become a fool that can't remember what he has and has not done?'

You didn't like Shanahan. You don't like Cutler. Soon, you'll be thrilled as the Broncos won't have both. I'll be right there with everyone hoping that the Broncos win because I'm ultimately a Broncos fan ... I just don't think that the approach that they are taking is moving the franchise in the right direction.

Comment

• McDaniels only real mistake in all of this?

IMO, McDaniels only real mistake in all of this is that he didn't get Cassel and deal Cutler when the opportunity presented itself.

Don't get me wrong. I think Cassel is vastly overrated and will be exposed this year as the backup quarterback he's meant to be. And I think Cutler is being far too vilified in this situation and 10 years from now, he'll be talked about the way we talk about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady today.

But the reality is, had McDaniels just done the deal two weeks ago and brought in Cassel, I think most everyone would actually be over this already and we would be praising how McDaniels was able to do what he did in free agency, as well as bringing in a guy who can run his system while simotaneously putting himself in position to essentially control the 2009 NFL draft. Sure, there'd be many of us skeptical fans (myself included) who wouldn't buy into the idea that Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler talent wise. And I think there'd be fans who would have missed Cutler and his style of play. But I don't think you'd see the anger from fans and this divide that currently exists in Bronco nation.

Now, I'm well aware that McDaniels didnt' do himself any favors by lying about trying to deal Cutler to both Jay and the media, and then by essentially trying to play Alpha Dog with Jay and show him who's boss at every corner. But I chalk that up more to inexperience of a coach who's under immense pressure and dealing with things he's never even seen before for the first time right in front of the media spotlight, than outright calling them mistakes.

No, the only REAL mistake McDaniels made in this whole dysfunctional mess is that he should have dealt Cutler when he was given the chance, and ensured that Denver had an adequate replacement for Jay once he was dealt. That's something inexperience and naivety doesn't cover, but rather presumptuous arrogance.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                both dumervil and peterson were here last year...so 3 out of the 5 players that spoke played with cutler last year.

your post is....
                Um... it's probably incomplete in your mind because your reply had nothing to do with what I was talking about. I was stating that no one would oppose the new administration with what was going on, which obviously includes players on the team who played last year. Not sure how that managed to get by you let alone why you started to talk about players being on the team last year as if it related in any way to what I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  IMO, McDaniels only real mistake in all of this is that he didn't get Cassel and deal Cutler when the opportunity presented itself.

Don't get me wrong. I think Cassel is vastly overrated and will be exposed this year as the backup quarterback he's meant to be. And I think Cutler is being far too vilified in this situation and 10 years from now, he'll be talked about the way we talk about Peyton Manning and Tom Brady today.

But the reality is, had McDaniels just done the deal two weeks ago and brought in Cassel, I think most everyone would actually be over this already and we would be praising how McDaniels was able to do what he did in free agency, as well as bringing in a guy who can run his system while simotaneously putting himself in position to essentially control the 2009 NFL draft. Sure, there'd be many of us skeptical fans (myself included) who wouldn't buy into the idea that Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler talent wise. And I think there'd be fans who would have missed Cutler and his style of play. But I don't think you'd see the anger from fans and this divide that currently exists in Bronco nation.

Now, I'm well aware that McDaniels didnt' do himself any favors by lying about trying to deal Cutler to both Jay and the media, and then by essentially trying to play Alpha Dog with Jay and show him who's boss at every corner. But I chalk that up more to inexperience of a coach who's under immense pressure and dealing with things he's never even seen before for the first time right in front of the media spotlight, than outright calling them mistakes.

No, the only REAL mistake McDaniels made in this whole dysfunctional mess is that he should have dealt Cutler when he was given the chance, and ensured that Denver had an adequate replacement for Jay once he was dealt. That's something inexperience and naivety doesn't cover, but rather presumptuous arrogance.
                  i thought cassel will and would be a failure, but i've gotta say, behind denver's fabulous pass blocking oline, damn that's got me thinking, maybe he would succeed

especially if they don't put it all on him, like shanny tried to do to cutler
                  sigpic

Comment

• When people are laughing at us over Oakland and Detroit you know something is wrong.

Just to throw it in, Shannon Sharpe also thinks the Broncos have looked like idiots over this mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                      i thought cassel will and would be a failure, but i've gotta say, behind denver's fabulous pass blocking oline, damn that's got me thinking, maybe he would succeed

especially if they don't put it all on him, like shanny tried to do to cutler
                      Well, I think Cassel would have been sufficient - like Jake Plummer sufficient. Now I'm not necessarily thrilled with that prospect, but a deal could have potentially netted the Broncos the first round pick, and possibly another first round pick, giving McDaniels three first round picks in which to make any deal he wanted to repair the defense and the running game. I just think that if the deal went through, we'd be mostly fine with it by now and we'd be focusing much more on the positive of the deal.

And again, the bottom line is, if you're going to dangle or look into trading Jay Cutler, or you can't look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself 'Jay's my guy' without getting a knot in your stomach, then deal him. Get it done. It's unforgivable that McDaniels would be so blind and so arrogant that he thought he could dangle Cutler out there and not have it get back to Jay what really went down.
                      sigpic

Comment

• How can the broncos not see this!!!

They were discussing team Free agency grades on NFL network and made a great point that, Whoever aquires Jay Cutler automatically gets thrusted to the top of the heap, and the broncos to the bottom, (Directly out of Shefters mouth) How can McDaniels think that this is a good thing? And for the record, it's called coaching Joshy and if you can't TEACH your gay system to a pro bowler, who can you teach it to? I'll tell you who...NOBODY! He is just another New England wannabee Belichick that is going to fail, just like all the other ones.:cutler:4PREZ!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                          both dumervil and peterson were here last year...so 3 out of the 5 players that spoke played with cutler last year.

your post is....
                          True but Peterson was resigned by McDaniels.Hes not going to rcok the boat with the FO>

Comment

• The perception by the media of Bowlen, McDaniels, and Cutler in all of this is not a positive one, guys. Somewhere, Mike Shanahan is in his palace, sitting in his recliner, watching ESPN and laughing.
                            sigpic

Comment

• "Bowlen said on Wednesday afternoon: "I really have had no discussion with Jay or the agent. Mike was fired right after the season. At that point, there was no need to have a discussion with Jay. Now, actually, to be fair, I don't think I had that discussion. I don't recall it. I know I'm getting up there in age, and I am not sure of that discussion."

Come on Pat, I'm getting old too but I know I would remember an important conversation I would have had with my best player just a few months ago. If you can't remember that, you need to sell the team and get out of the business.

I am now totally convinced that Pat Bowlen is as big a liar as McDaniels. Bowlen must feel he needs to cover the butt of his coach or he will look like an idiot. Hey Pat...you are an idiot.

The more this goes on the more irritated I get. I want Jay with the Broncos, but if he's not, I hope he does the great things I think he can do. And Pat can live the rest of his days wondering why he was such an idiot for screwing this up so bad and letting Cutler get away.

Comment

• Originally posted by bighuka View Post

I hope shanny gets a job SOON, and brings Jay with him. That team, I will pull for. This is like a sick joke what has gone on with this team the last few months and I feel sorry for all the fans, they have been robbed of some truly special years that were ahead.

Your stuck in the past man just like your boy Cutler. Sure he has passion on the field sure he is a fiery QB and I really liked him for that.

But right now he is just acting like a little kid. If its true that the Broncos wanted Cutler out before he did, why not get out there and show them what they were wrong about. Why not suck it up and when the time comes leave them in the dust (after you showed them they were wrong) by going to a New team when his contract is up.

Thats why I believe Cutler wanted out as soon as shanny-poo and Bates left. He never gave this thing a chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X