McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys, the logic here is simple.

McDaniels is Bowlen's hand-picked guy, and Cutler is Shanahan's.

Who did you think was going to win this battle in Bowlens' eyes?
    sigpic

Comment

• There's no denying we are the laughing stock of the league right now. Most who I've talked to lay it at the feet of McDaniels and Xanders.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        Other sources say that Jay and Cook demanded a trade after Bates was let go.

I guess I don't believe *anyone*. How do you pick and choose who you believe? I'm just going to hope this all works out, and that the Broncos are successful no matter what happens
        Exactly!! Cp. to you.
        SOMEBODY!!! ANYBODY!!!! GIVE ME A MILE HIGH SALUTE!!!!

Comment

• The "laughing stock" is a carry over from last year.

We were the laughing stock when we were a "shoe in for the playoffs"after week 14, to suffering 2 Shanahanesk blowouts and a miserable loss at home to lousy Buffalo and completing the worst NFL regular season collapse ever.

I hate where the organization is at, but I'm not concerned where it's going. It can't be any worse then the soft teams Shanahan was fielding over the course of the last 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
            The "laughing stock" is a carry over from last year.

We were the laughing stock when we were a "shoe in for the playoffs"after week 14, to suffering 2 Shanahanesk blowouts and a miserable loss at home to lousy Buffalo and completing the worst NFL regular season collapse ever.

I hate where the organization is at, but I'm not concerned where it's going. It can't be any worse then the soft teams Shanahan was fielding over the course of the last 10 years.
            Really?

I can legitimately see this team winning 4 games this year, maybe worse. They will lose Jay Cutler, and McDaniels will be lucky if the lynch mob outside of Invesco doesn't get to him before Pat Bowlen does.

So it can ALWAYS be worse.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
              I would never give up on the team over a player, BUT we are nothing without Jay. We would have been lucky to get 2 wins with Cassel last season. This team doesn't have a defense, run game, and special teams that are required to have a successful system QB. The guy this is all happening because of is nothing more than that. He wasn't asked to carry a team and he still didn't make the playoffs. Cutler had to do it all himself and got 8 wins.

I support what is good for this team. Cutler is good for this team.

Cutler blocks for Cutler, throws to Cutler and Cutler catches Cutlers pass and Scores!!!!! Yep. Cutler had to do it all himself and got 8 wins. All the other players where in the stands eating popcorn. lol

Comment

• Honestly I think Cassell would have done better here than in NE. I think when you include our O-line's pass blocking, we could put a better offense out there for Cassell to succeed than what he had in NE.

Obviously I don't think Cassell has more physical talent than Cutler, but it would be interesting to see what he could do with our offense. He would obviously be more of a manager of sorts, but I think we could still put up a lot of points with him as the QB, and probably a lot less 3 and outs since I would guess Cassell wouldn't go deep nearly as often as Cutler, rather he would opt for the shorter and higher percentage passes. The truth is nobody really knows enough about Cassell right now to tell whether or not this trade would have been good for us or not. But I agree with you Mojo...had this trade been made, I think the board overall would be a lot more understanding with this entire situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                  Really?

I can legitimately see this team winning 4 games this year, maybe worse. They will lose Jay Cutler, and McDaniels will be lucky if the lynch mob outside of Invesco doesn't get to him before Pat Bowlen does.

So it can ALWAYS be worse.
                  I don't see that as worse. I see that as a stepping stone in trying to build something long lasting. Sometimes you just have to blow up the entire thing.

I won't argue with Shanahan being one of the best coaches ever in the game. His ability to keep us .500 or better was amazing, but that was just it. If he would have blown it up for a year or 2 the team might be in a drastically different situation.

Denver through the 2000's remind me of the Atlanta Hawks in the 80's with Dominique Wilkens. Always good enough to compete, or slip into the playoffs but nothing more, but never bad enough to to make a significant change to make the next step up.

Both organizations were just "stuck".

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Fan 4 Life View Post
                    enough..

:go:
                    Wut the?

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                      I don't see that as worse. I see that as a stepping stone in trying to build something long lasting. Sometimes you just have to blow up the entire thing.

I won't argue with Shanahan being one of the best coaches ever in the game. His ability to keep us .500 or better was amazing, but that was just it. If he would have blown it up for a year or 2 the team might be in a drastically different situation.

Denver through the 2000's remind me of the Atlanta Hawks in the 80's with Dominique Wilkens. Always good enough to compete, or slip into the playoffs but nothing more, but never bad enough to to make a significant change to make the next step up.

Both organizations were just "stuck".
                      You don't consider what the Broncos have already done as 'blowing it up'?

If they lose Cutler, I would consider this team officially blown up. Now, I think we were looking at a rough go to begin with. But I can guarantee you McDaniels won't survive a 12-loss season, even if he has 4 years left.
                      sigpic

Comment

If they lose Cutler, I would consider this team officially blown up. Now, I think we were looking at a rough go to begin with. But I can guarantee you McDaniels won't survive a 12-loss season, even if he has 4 years left.
                        Pretty sure McDaniels is here for 2 years?

Comment

Then that's the way it has to go, IMHO.

I'm a believer in a positive mentality in relation to sports. Cutler has had nothing but a negative(losing) mentality sing he started high school. That isn't Cutler's fault by any means. But I wouldn't be heartbroken to start anew.

Cutler isn't the first young talent Denver has had at the position, and barring some world ending natural disaster or economy crisis, he most certainly be the last.

Besides, I would much rather get a stable team, and then worry about a QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by EddieRoyalFan View Post
                            Pretty sure McDaniels is here for 2 years?
                            He has a 4 year contract.

BUT...going 4-12 or worse in your first year, in a division as inept as this one, and in an offseason in which many will feel he forced a frachise quarterback out of town, can all be recepies for termination.
                            sigpic

Comment

• My gut feeling when all of this happened was Matt C. would have been a time bomb.

He would have been trading straight across for a less proven player who would be paid 10 million more this year ( I think we might have even been giving up a draft pick?).

Specifically what I mean is the fan base would have been livid about the franchise qb being traded away like that. Maybe if we got a 1st round pick in addition it might have been forgiveable, but......

Trading away the face of the franchise like that I think would put 75,000+ on the edge of their seats waiting to pounce like a lurking cat. I think the booing when things don't go right would potentially be worst than we possibly have ever seen in Denver.

There would be zero margin for error in that scenario IMO. I think it's better that it didn't go through so that we can atleast get more value for Cutler. IMO Simms can be every bit as good as Cassel. Hopefully, we don't have to get rid of Cutler at all.
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                My gut feeling when all of this happened was Matt C. would have been a time bomb.

He would have been trading straight across for a less proven player who would be paid 10 million more this year ( I think we might have even been giving up a draft pick?).

Specifically what I mean is the fan base would have been livid about the franchise qb being traded away like that. Maybe if we got a 1st round pick in addition it might have been forgiveable, but......

Trading away the face of the franchise like that I think would put 75,000+ on the edge of their seats waiting to pounce like a lurking cat. I think the booing when things don't go right would potentially be worst than we possibly have ever seen in Denver.

There would be zero margin for error in that scenario IMO. I think it's better that it didn't go through so that we can atleast get more value for Cutler. IMO Simms can be every bit as good as Cassel. Hopefully, we don't have to get rid of Cutler at all.
                                Not certain, but I thought we would have also gotten somebodys 1st round pick along with Cassel, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Working...
                                X