No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a coach who does not think he can win with Jay Cutler; probably one of the only coaches in all of football who does not think they can win with Jay Cutler.

We have a owner with Alzheimer's that can not remember meetings with his "Star Quarterback" and promises he made. Also he fired his old coach to get control of his team but appears to be totally out of control at the moment.

Our QB was wronged by most standards no doubt. Still also by most standards he is acting his age (25) and could be acting much more mature about how things turned out.

And ya it can get worse. Like someone pointed out just about every QB looses games when the defense gives up as many points as we did last year. If things do not turn out for all these defensive changes and we keep cutler we still may be 4-12 next year.

If we loose cutler a 1-15 or 2-14 record is very doable.

We are the worse team in the NFL so far in the 2009 season and it is not even close. Also there is plenty of blame to go all around on this one.

Personally I have never been so ashamed to be a bronco fan.

I wish I could trade my owner, head coach and QB. If I had to keep one it would be the QB because owners and head coaches are much easier to find then franchise QBs.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
      Not certain, but I thought we would have also gotten somebodys 1st round pick along with Cassel, or am I mistaken?
      Nope, the first round pick would have gone to New England.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        The perception by the media of Bowlen, McDaniels, and Cutler in all of this is not a positive one, guys. Somewhere, Mike Shanahan is in his palace, sitting in his recliner, watching ESPN and laughing.
        lol that cracked me up!!!! it's been said before, but the words you used and the order, it created vast images in my head of shanny falling out of his "recliner" laughing hysterically, pounding the floor with his fist, spilling his aged port all over the floor, tearing from the uncontrolable laughter. your post is "shakespear-ish"

Comment

• Ok so Mcdaniels had a 16-0 season and went to the Super Bowl. they lost!! also as I see it not one co-ordinator that has come out of NE system has proven anything. C. Wiesz fixing to be run out of Notre Dame. R. Cronnell fired from Cleveland and now they have a former Jet HC that came out of the same system and got fired after 2 years and a couple melt-downs. I'll be a ronco fan regardless but as I see it right now in 2 years we will be where we are now lookig for a ew head coach and a new Franchise QB. don't mean much but it's my opinion.

:go:
          Kyle Orton Army #24sigpic

Comment

• McDs mistake in all of this was thinking he could not win with Cutler.

Probably the one of the few people in football who thinks Cutler can not win.

His next mistake was thinking he could instill the Patriot mentality without even meeting with the team.

Yea maybe Brady or Cassel could have handled the trade rumors but most 25 year old QBs could not and McD should have known this if he was in fact ready for a head coaching spot.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

• the biggest mistake in all of this goes back one year. Instead of taking the time to find a quality DC and then finding a proven talent evaluator for defense Shanny just brought Dewayne Robertson, Boss Bailey ( nice try), McCree and Manual and thought the defense would be good enough. Blah, what a travesty.

I was tiring of Shanny but im willing to bet these boards would be piping with optimism for the 2009 season. Now we are left to wonder what will become of our beloved broncos?

I have nowhere else to go. The Broncos have and always will be one and only NFL team. Laughing stock or not.

And seemingly all of the Denver Broncos recent troubles revolves around egos.

Shanny's ego was to big. There was no way someone else was going to make player decisions which was clearly needed for defensive evaluations.

Now, McD's is a little man wielding a big stick and trying to act tough. No way would a rookie coach admit a mistake, make atonement, and hopefully move on. Again, EGO.

Move the egos aside. Its time for the Broncos to start winning titles again.
              BroncoRy
              Bench Warmer
              Last edited by BroncoRy; 03-18-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Were not the bloody laughing stock and if you think that your pretty dumb... Lions 0-16 with the first pick in a draft with no legitimate QB and Fairders with the Kiffen v. Davis going to the judge so let the slinging begin.

Something that should have had more said about it is the the Titans ability to not resign there franchise(by play, not tag) player should have been a far larger issue. Hyansworth was to the Titans defense as Cutler is to the Broncos offense and he just flat out rejected the offer to stay at HIS team.

Comment

• I know I wouldn't have been ok with it by now. I know I would still be grumbling, moaning, and complaining about having Matt Cassel as our QB. I would be puking myself to sleep.

But I think that was just his first mistake. I think his other mistake was lying about just "answering the phone." That alone tried to make Cutler to be the 'paranoid' QB when in fact he was right all along.

I'm just saying... I dont' think I would have been ok with it by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    Nope, the first round pick would have gone to New England.
                    No.... there was a first from TB, as well as a third. So a first and third for Cutler, and either a 1st or second for Cassel. I don't know why we couldn't have given a second as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoRy View Post
                      the biggest mistake in all of this goes back one year. Instead of taking the time to find a quality DC and then finding a proven talent evaluator for defense Shanny just brought Dewayne Robertson, Boss Bailey ( nice try), McCree and Manual and thought the defense would be good enough. Blah, what a travesty.

I was tiring of Shanny but im willing to bet these boards would be piping with optimism for the 2009 season. Now we are left to wonder what will become of our beloved broncos?

I have nowhere else to go. The Broncos have and always will be one and only NFL team. Laughing stock or not.
                      Bingo.

Bob Slowik? It was obvious Shanny didn't want to look around too much to try and actually find some1 capable of running a good D. Not to mention, it was known before we traded for him that our "key" defensive addition would play less than 60 percent of the snaps (or something like that) so we wouldn't have to give up an extra pick for him. Shanny and Co. really didn't do too much right when it came to defensive decisions over the past 3 years..

Comment

• It would not be the first times things got all patched up in the NFL.

If they do find a way to get allong I think the potential is there for our team to be deadly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          I know I wouldn't have been ok with it by now. I know I would still be grumbling, moaning, and complaining about having Matt Cassel as our QB. I would be puking myself to sleep.

But I think that was just his first mistake. I think his other mistake was lying about just "answering the phone." That alone tried to make Cutler to be the 'paranoid' QB when in fact he was right all along.

I'm just saying... I dont' think I would have been ok with it by now.
                          I have to agree with this. I know for certain I wouldn't be over it.

I think what is bugging me the most, and maybe many others, is I don't see McD as a ling term solution as coach here. I just don't see him breaking the mold of 32 year old coaches who doesn't fail at his first stop. All who came before him as first time 32 year old coaches failed and this one will too. To compound the issue, Bronco fans lose twice because not only will McD ultimately be gone but so will Cutler BECAUSE of McD. Another way to put it is I feel McD would eventually (probably sooner in my mind) be gone but Cutler WOULDN'T (the way Elway survived Reeves) and now that is not the case.

One thing is certain, he certainly turned his job into a pressure cooker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            No.... there was a first from TB, as well as a third. So a first and third for Cutler, and either a 1st or second for Cassel. I don't know why we couldn't have given a second as well.
                            I'm confused. So, we would have gotten a 3rd round pick essentially, by the time the deal was done?
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Not bashing, just a Q about the ENTIRE team this season:

I'm searching and searching, looking for the upgrade from McD. I can't find it. And I'm not even talking about the Cutler "trade" (yet).

Seriously. Dawkins, solid signing but I think some people don't realize he isn't bring the entire Eagles D over with him. He is a solid player, love his attitude and the way he plays, but he's on his downside of his career. We already got one of those guys-Champ. And in no way was that a shot at either player, just the facts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Gaffney (excuse the spelling). I always liked him. Was never chomping at the bit to have him, but would never kick him out. But don't we have Royal and Stokes? Royal is awesome, I'd hate to see him get playing time cut or him not see the ball as much. I guess Stokes is on his way out? Someone let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here with this one.

BM. I guess McD wants to use him as a Moss type in this system? I think that stinks! Again, let me know...??

On D. Dawkins and, and..? Like shanny couldn't have landed this guy here, or a player of equal value, perhaps younger?

Cutler looks like he is on his way out. Very sad. Very. I'm a huge Cutler fan. But, where is the upgrade? Seriously? Ok, Cassell isn't coming here, so if that was your answer to question-goodbye, you are the weakest link (I always hated that show!)

Tony S. He doesn't fit...so let's trade 'em! "I don't wanna have to think how to fit this guy in my Pats O!"

RB's. Bucka-drug. They guy is in trouble w/ drugs like two days after we signed him? Did Billy B forget to teach Josh about background checks? We should have gotten Pittman back to a low salary deal. He would've stuck with it, even if he may be on IR after 9 games. All the guy did was give us some muscle in short yardage before we found out WHAT A STUD HILLIS IS! (Thank God for him!)

Ok, so, I'm not a fan of McD so far. I was being a bit sarcastic here and there in my post but seriously, they are valid points.

I didn't start this thread as a "McDummy sucks he ain't done jack" thread, I am merely trying to get some feedback from my fellow fans on what McD is trying to do besides trade away our QB we've benn building on the second we drafted him and employing a new O (while what we really needed was out existing O to be nutured not neutered-I'm coining that!) and a "new" D, again lol.

So far, I see

Really, what has McD done? I know this is perhaps "premature" and players have to get on the field but I just have an empty feeling about this all. In fact, I think we have downgraded in player personal, a lot. The only real upgrade is perhaps Nolan as DC.
                              JerseyAdam
                              Special Teams
                              Last edited by JerseyAdam; 03-18-2009, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                I'm confused. So, we would have gotten a 3rd round pick essentially, by the time the deal was done?
                                From what I understood we would be getting Cassel and a first round pick, and giving up Cutler and our 2nd round pick. Meaning we would have 2 firsts but not a 2nd? I am still confused too...

Comment

Working...
                                X