No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately, well... Fortunately for us... Jay really has no hand here.

If they decide not to trade him, he will show up and play his ass off. Only becasue he has to. Lets face it, this is all about money anyway. If he stays and doesn't have an amazing season, his value will drop immensely. If he stays and just plaus half ass.. then no one will want him anyway because they will see how much of a piece of **** he really can be.

Comment

• Aging declining WRs like Chad 85 are easy to get. Young, talented QBs are the single most desirable commodity in the NFL market.

Comment

• If I was the GM I would just hold onto him, make him commit to going to the mandatory sessions or fine him. You would have to guess he will show up, and play hard. If it is evident that he's tanking it than ya, you're pretty screwed, but Cutler is risking severly damaging millions of potential future dollars by tanking. Not too many people want to pay a guy big money who has been known to just play half ass when he's upset.

Therefore, I think if we just hold onto him, make him go out there and preform, everything will be fine. We have 3 years to patch up the relationship until his contract expires..

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
          Hence why I want the man in my sig

(Partially ****)
          Better unload some draft picks ala the '89 Vikings and hope he doesn't turn out to be a Hershel Walker

The big arm makes you fall in love with him, just think how hard he could throw if he figured out he isn't supposed to throw off of his back foot every play. His throwing technique is wrong, maybe that explains the inconsistency and errant throws.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
            I'll also be hooking up a TV in my bathroom. Only so I can pull it in the tub with me when Cutler gets traded.
            Cmon B-24, save the tv at least!!!!!

Comment

• As much of a baby as Cutler is being, I don't see him as one of those types of players who won't still give it their all because of a conflict. Cutler's not an Ocho Cinco or Albert Haynesworth. If nothing else, he'll play well for his teammates and friends on the team. Just like he said he would.
              sigpic
              #17 Team Tebow
              #17 Tao of Elvis

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                I'm not saying by any stretch that Cassel is an upgrade over Cutler, or that McDaniels would have made the right choice in trading Cutler for Cassel.

And as I stated, there would be people who would be upset we lost Cutler over Cassel - myself included.

My underlying point, however, is that things would be vastly different had McDaniels just done the deal and then came out afterwards to explain his reasoning.

Fans wouldn't be vilifying him to the degree they are. They wouldn't vilify Cutler. Denver would control the 2009 draft (in one of the trade scenarios being discusssed, anyway). And although I know fans would be disappointed we got Cutler, and question why we brought in McDaniels' boy, I just think things would play out much differently than where we are right now.

Basically, this situation wouldn't be so dyfunctional.

Furthermore, at least we would have had Cassel. That's not much, but it's SOMETHING. With Cutler surely on his way out, who does Denver rely on now? Chris Simms? Yeah, that's going to make Sundays fun this year.
                I'm curious if you or anyone else knows how to find offensive rankings...Or in general, how did NE's offense do last year? I've tried googling it but havent had much luck..

Comment

• Originally posted by RainyTX View Post
                  Better unload some draft picks ala the '89 Vikings and hope he doesn't turn out to be a Hershel Walker

The big arm makes you fall in love with him, just think how hard he could throw if he figured out he isn't supposed to throw off of his back foot every play. His throwing technique is wrong, maybe that explains the inconsistency and errant throws.
                  It's funny you should mention his throwing tech. Someone on the radio (a call-in fan) was babbling that his motion is all wrong, so I called a coach friend of mine who also watches the Broncos to see what he thought.

He said that Jay Cutler, even with protection won't stand still, and may have something to do with the fight or flight he experienced on a regular basis at Vandy. He explained that a majority of poorly protected collegiate QB's often took 3-4 years of starting to really trust the pocket. Some QB's still don't.

He went on to give his opinion that Cutler, again in his opinion, throws off of his back foot to take heat off the ball. He said this is not uncommon with kids that are taught to throw it as hard as you can as much as you can.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                    If I was the GM I would just hold onto him, make him commit to going to the mandatory sessions or fine him. You would have to guess he will show up, and play hard. If it is evident that he's tanking it than ya, you're pretty screwed, but Cutler is risking severly damaging millions of potential future dollars by tanking. Not too many people want to pay a guy big money who has been known to just play half ass when he's upset.

Therefore, I think if we just hold onto him, make him go out there and preform, everything will be fine. We have 3 years to patch up the relationship until his contract expires..
                    Cutler has already said he'll honor his contract and all of his obligations if Denver doesn't trade him. He's only said he'll skip non-mandatory meetings, but he has already spent a lot of time studying the offense (was with McD for almost two months in Denver studying film and working on the offense before free agency began). I don't doubt that Cutler will give his all on every play, just like he has since that fateful day in 2006 when he started versus the Seahawks. But I do doubt that anyone in the FO has the illusion that Cutler holds no cards in this.
                    Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• I'm telling you guys, there is only one thing that explains this behavior.

Senility.

And McDummy is simply stupid. I have to go back 20 years to find coaching this amatuerish.

Belicheat was right. Joshie can coach all by himself people that are smaller than he is....like Oompa Loompa's.

Hey Joshie....psssst....Not For Lightweights.

Go back to Boston, beanhead. :cutler:

Comment

I'm curious if you or anyone else knows how to find offensive rankings...Or in general, how did NE's offense do last year? I've tried googling it but havent had much luck..
                        They ranked 5th in total yards, 8th in points scored.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
                          I took classes related to leadership and team management in college. That's part of the reason I'm so infuriated with McDaniels. He's been raised around football his entire life... practically went to school for football. He doesn't know all of the intangibles that make a great leader and HONESTY is the #1 element EVERYONE wants in a leader... it's absolutely undeniable too with around 80% of people taken in case studies going that rout... #2 is competence followed by vision.
                          I'm a communication major in college and I've studied team leadership, small group comm and other classes dealing with management and leadership and I completely know where you're coming from.

In Jim Vickrey's article, "Symbolic Leadership: The Symbolic Nature of Leadership" he says,

"Leaders cannot not communicate. Just as delaying or refusing to make a decision is a decision, so is not communicating with another who expects to be communicated with an act of communication."

Comment

• Too bad Shannon Sharpe wasn't running the show, he at least has common sense.

Comment

15-20 sacks huh?..

I'm calling a HUGE exageration on this one..

tel me did you watch every single game?....i have every single game recorded on dvd for the past three seasons, and more on vid before

and what i seen in every single game is at least one or two sure sacks avoided by nothing more then cutlers elusivness....sacks that 95% of all qbs would have taken
                              if you didnt notice that then you didnt watch many games

cutler avoids at least one sack in each game, by either slipping the tackle, eludeing the defender, useing his athletisim and arm to get rid of the ball (specialy on rollouts where the defense doesnt buy the fake) where most qbs take the sack, or buy seeing the defender comeing and just taking off, and beating him past the line

1 avoided sack per game= 16 avoided sacks...one or more ...you can do the math
                              sigpic
                              when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• Cutler-could it be all about money

Yes Mcdaniel tried to trade him, but isn't cutler stretching this drama too far. This is pro-sports, everybody gets traded, but the team has stated he will not be traded. So that got me wondering, looking at his contract, the Broncos have already paid most of his contract in his first 2 seasons, this year he is scheduled to get about 1.4 million dollars, makes you wonder could this be all about money.

Comment

Working...
                                X