McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
    You just used the business line again. Well, Cutler is treating it as a business right now. He is doing what is best for him. If you all want to keep using this business line, realize that Culters best business move is to go to another team. That other team will give him his guarantees AND pay him a lot more money. Sounds like a smart business decision to me.

This is how I think Cutler feels right now. Show some loyalty, he will give you all kinds of loyalty in return. Make it a business, he is treating it like one.
    Some people are never going to get it. I'm glad to see you do. I mean first Mike gets fired, Cutler isnt crazy about it and who as a player, (ok other than really crappy d-linemen) would be. Then Bates is suposed to stay, that is until McD gets here and fires damn near everyone. Jay again isnt happy but hell he still want to get to know McD and run his offense and everyone is happy.Then he has to find out from his agent the broncos are trying to trade him for Matt freaking Cassell. Im sure that was the point where it really became a "business" for him.

I really will hate to see him go if he does but I really cant fault him on this one. I mean 3 weeks ago the Broncos wanted to trade him so why is everyone surprised that he is asking for a trade now? I hope they can fix it but at this point McD is looking at his NFL career being real short if he cant get this team together. I mean without Cutler next year at the least will be a nightmare.

Oh and Deon was a great corner. He was an even greater mercenary. Deon loves money, and of course, Deon.

Comment

• more than that

it would have to be Briggs or Harris and more, do to the big Ur's age. Id rather we keep Cutler though...startin "O" intact. Draft "D" with new faces as well. Beat the Chargers and whoever else for that matter when it counts. And right back into the playoffs to roll the dice.
      Last edited by dieselpower; 03-19-2009, 06:04 PM.
      YAAAA!!! YOU TRIED BABY!!!

Comment

• Thank you its about time someone with a brain started to remember that we have been thru a lot worse and been able to come together as a team... What happened to Eddy ah man I can still remember it like it was just last season... He was such a great player such class and skill it was heart breaking to watch it cuz we all knew at that moment he was done... Elam and Atwater how in the hell did we just sit by and let them go??? It still makes me mad!!! Williams nothing we have been thru was as upsetting as loosing him!!! So hats off to you for helping at least one of us to remember that if we come together then we are unstopable...

Comment

• Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
          Maybe that's the reason why I would listen to him......He's someone that has been here before and Maybe he is a hypocrit.......but he makes a valid and strong point....regardless of the decisions he has made.......experience is our best teacher.....and in this case I wouldn't want to speak to someone or listen to the advice of someone who has never been done that road before.....I want to listen to someone who has learned from being in that situation.......I think he is a more improved man from what he use to be......everyone that makes questionable decisions in their past are not bad people.......
          if you think so then take a look in the mirror......
          and his name is spelled 'DEION"

Dude who cares? Its funny "Deion" is giving the advice thats all. You may think its good advice but some of us dont.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
            You just used the business line again. Well, Cutler is treating it as a business right now. He is doing what is best for him. If you all want to keep using this business line, realize that Culters best business move is to go to another team. That other team will give him his guarantees AND pay him a lot more money. Sounds like a smart business decision to me.

This is how I think Cutler feels right now. Show some loyalty, he will give you all kinds of loyalty in return. Make it a business, he is treating it like one.
            I think this is honestly the first comment I've seen from you where you weren't completely ripping Cutler. By the way, I'll take Shannon or TD's word over Deion's. He was always about him, not about any team.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by ECM View Post
              Ok, I have been a Broncos fan my whole life, raised watching Elway play and always getting our behind kick in the superbowls. We have a new "Elway" player and I can't believe how this is going. I remember a time when Elway got into the fight with Dan Reeves and look what happened there.

Cutler is the current and future QB of the Broncos!

This is the part that I cannot believe:

1. The new coach came in and fired the Offensive Coordinator (a lie that was told to Cutlar about the staff not changing).
              2. McDaniels lies to Cutlar about the trade

Cutlar was lied to twice, then told to get over it (by fans, sports analysts, and essentially the coach and owner).

This is outrageous! Have things gotten to a point if you lie to someone, it's ok. You don't even have to apologize or ask for forgiveness in this day and age? You can tell the person you lied to that they should get over it and it's their fault for being lied to?

What happened to doing the right thing and humbling yourself and doing what one knows they should do?

I'm not ignorant and understand that sports have become a business. Things happen when you bring in a new coach, but if you tell your starting franchise quarterback that he's the man, and then jump at the first chance you get to try and trade him and then lie to him? What kind of business ethics is that?

The new coach (and quite possibly the owner) are going to run this team back into the ground for the upcoming years if things aren't taken care of.

Cutler is in the right, he is only guilty of expecting the coach to "man up" and say the right thing:

"I'm sorry I lied to you. I made a mistake, please forgive me and lets move forward. You are the franchise quarterback of the Denver Broncos."

Instead, he has only at best beat around the bush and avoided doing the right thing.

ECM
              Liars suck. McD is a liar. I'll give Bowlen the benefit of the doubt that he is old an senile but no one cares about the lies. They tell him " I'ts a business" and now he is treating it like a business. Im really not a fan of the new coach but Im not fretting. NFL head coaches are rarely around for a long time I just wish it wasn't costing us our starting QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
                and his name is spelled 'DEION"
                Bahahahahaha I was just about to say that. Reading him type Deon Deon Deon Deon was making me get ready to pull my eyeballs out of their sockets.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Timcat View Post
                  Dude who cares? Its funny "Deion" is giving the advice thats all. You may think its good advice but some of us dont.
                  Well "Dude".....I care....because its my Freakin QB we talkin about.....and I refuse to see him go......I'm not at all giving Mcdummy a pass for doing what he did....I mean he is the biggest idiot and a laughin stock....I would choose to fire his a**....but since that will not happen we have to keep living......
                  Which brings me to Jay......this is something he could use as a tool....I know that it would be very hard to do at this point....but its do-able........if Jay would just stand up and be the bigger man in the matter.....
                  One thing you cannot do is change an idiot....no more than you can change a cat into a dog........but Jay can be the bigger man and do what he wants.....and that's how you get the upper hand in the matter........That's all that is being said........and I don't have to not love money to agree with that....hell who doesn't love money....

Comment

• Let's Remember!

Let's Remember one thing here: We are ALL Bronco fans here!

We all want to see the team do well. We all have different ideas on how that can be done. Let's try to refrain from questioning a person's fanhood or attacking them personally because they see things from a different perspective. This would be a terrible place if we all had the same opinions and views of all things Broncos.

At the end of the day we all still love the Broncos!

GO BRONCOS

Comment

• Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                      I understand your point, though I will say that the defense may not be able to MAKE this team, they could surely BREAK them, as they did last year.
                      Yea, but you know the value of that position when you are talking the value of 11 people vs the value of 1 guy, because of the position he plays.

I don't even know who I want to blame or what happened. All I know is I want Jay back next year. If he fails to play well for us or doesn't play for us. Then I can accept a trade.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• This was a great episode. I really like the fact of the unbiased opinions. It seems that anyone with an average IQ can tell you that letting Cutler go is a big mistake. I dont want to be on the side of the what if's. What if our Defense turns out to be middle of the pack this year and we dont have Cutler? We will all wonder what would have happened, while we have some shmuck at the command of our team. Cutler isnt great yet, but he can and will be. I really want this to be settled asap. He needs to be there learning the new system, working with Brandon and Eddy and preparing for the season. I really hope this is over by next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reno6288 View Post
                          Thank you its about time someone with a brain started to remember that we have been thru a lot worse and been able to come together as a team... What happened to Eddy ah man I can still remember it like it was just last season... He was such a great player such class and skill it was heart breaking to watch it cuz we all knew at that moment he was done... Elam and Atwater how in the hell did we just sit by and let them go??? It still makes me mad!!! Williams nothing we have been thru was as upsetting as loosing him!!! So hats off to you for helping at least one of us to remember that if we come together then we are unstopable...
                          No problem. Thanks for the complement.

What is currently going on, is the media won't leave the story alone. It's thier focus item for the next month.

I think the death of DWill got about 1/100 of the same media coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                            Even though I'm uber pissed about this whole ordeal, I say yes.
                            same here :cutler:

Comment

• What's your point?

Comment

• you forgot nash. so no, this is far from the worst thing thats ever happened even in my short time as a bronco fan.
                                disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Working...
                                X