McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Sanders has had it in for Cutler since Day One.

Not sure why. Personally I think he just likes to be opinionated for the sake of being opinionated.
    Just like Mel Kilper right mojo lol....

Deion is full of himself... he's probably the reason for Global Warming he's full of hot air
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
      You just used the business line again. Well, Cutler is treating it as a business right now. He is doing what is best for him. If you all want to keep using this business line, realize that Culters best business move is to go to another team. That other team will give him his guarantees AND pay him a lot more money. Sounds like a smart business decision to me.

This is how I think Cutler feels right now. Show some loyalty, he will give you all kinds of loyalty in return. Make it a business, he is treating it like one.
      The Broncos benched Plummer for Jay after a 13-3 season, investing a lot of time and money. Apparaently it was about business then.

Comment

• McD is not the right coach....

How can he mature a QB like Cutler when he himself is an immature brat.

Its like having a spoiled Rich kid and throwing him into a regular school... Pats coaches are a bunch of Spoiled brats and seem to ruin teams wherever they land...
        McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
          It has been widely reported that Jay Cutler refused to answer Bowlen's calls. I'm not making this up for fun.

McDaniels and Bowlen both admitted to entertaining a possible trade of Cutler (through a 3 way deal) for Cassel long before Cutlet and McD got together last Saturday. Again, there was no lie, Jay got his feelings hurt is all.

Jay' Cutler, through his agent is taking on the owner in the media? Calling him out for not keeping a promiise to keep the offense in tact? Are you freaking kidding me? The owner of the team gets to do what ever the hell he wants. Not saying this has been the smartest move ever, but still it is within his rights.

I just wonder when the hell a punk 25 year old hot head who has yet to do a damn thing in this league, decided that the guy who pays his multi-million dollar salary should owe him anything.

Look Ravage, I know you are trying to defend your QB. I know that you have got be embarrassed to no end right now that your team has replaced the Raiders and Lions as the laughingstock of the NFL. I know it must hurt. But dude, at least think critically about this.

The problem with you is you see only what you want to see, because to do otherwise would be to admit that your arrogant punk QB is not the savior you had hoped and prayed he would be.

Earth to Bronco fans....stop putting all the blame on McD for this impasse....if Cutler is at all serious about fixing this....you dont ignore the owners phone calls ..and you dont have your agent trashing Pat Bowlen in the media.

Can you say ticket out of Denver????

Comment

• Originally posted by AZdenverfan View Post
            Look, I was on Cutler's side to begin with, but now it's just gotten out of hand, and a lot of that is because of him and his agent. I think as days go by we'll start to hear more and more about how Cutler wanted to be traded ever since Shanny and Bates were gone, and he was just using the McDaniel's little mistake as an excuse to be able to ask for that trade without looking like a baby. But bottom line is that the Denver Broncos have, are, and always will be bigger than just one player. If Jay wants to go play in Cleveland, Detroit, and Buffalo, go right ahead, I'm sure you'll enjoy it in those cities with their great teams.

McD may have made a mistake, but you guys are all so quick to call him a liar and want him to be truthful, but then at the same time you are mad when he says "anyone can be traded at anytime if it improves the team." To me, that's the most honest statement a HC or FO person can make. Because, really, that is the truth. Do you want him to lie and say "you'll never be traded"??? Because in the reality of the NFL, anyone can be traded at anytime, even the stars, if it improves the team.

So you guys talk about the FO having double standards, but then you do the same thing by being mad at McD for being a liar, and then being upset with him for telling the truth. Both sides, and all fans, need to get over it and move on. If they can't, then trade Jay and we'll move on from there. The Denver Broncos will still be the Denver Broncos, with or with Jay (whom I personally like).

:go:

You actually have a valid point, however, there is some relevance to the fact that Josh LIED before owning up to it. If you do something, then get caught and your first reaction is to lie, it speaks volumes about your character.

People here who are judging Jay for being a whiny baby and not "manning up" are not looking past the surface of what's going on here. Josh is not committed to Jay and can't be TRUSTED. These are things that are crucial to Jay's principles and to his career.

An important point that Shannon made was that Jay should have let Bus do the talking since day 1. He needs to be the bad guy. Anybody who thinks this is Bus's project should really reconsider that position. Jay has showed nothing but strong character (start flaming me now) since day 1. I've always felt he lacked tact which makes him misunderstood. Jay doesn't seem the type to give in the things like peer pressure or "agent pressure". I don't think it's in Bus's best interest for him to do things his client doesn't want. He is doing what he gets paid to do... take care of his client. If Jay wants to be traded, he's going to make it happen.

I'm sorry to say, but it's over. I've resigned. I've always had a bit of hope, but since Bus pulled the "question the owner" card, there is only one thing left to do. I just wish they'd do it now so that everyone can move on. They are holding out until they can slander Jay and get back the fan support. So all you people cheering for laundry, keep campaigning.
            Last edited by acpell671; 03-19-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
              It has been widely reported that Jay Cutler refused to answer Bowlen's calls. I'm not making this up for fun.

McDaniels and Bowlen both admitted to entertaining a possible trade of Cutler (through a 3 way deal) for Cassel long before Cutlet and McD got together last Saturday. Again, there was no lie, Jay got his feelings hurt is all.

Jay' Cutler, through his agent is taking on the owner in the media? Calling him out for not keeping a promiise to keep the offense in tact? Are you freaking kidding me? The owner of the team gets to do what ever the hell he wants. Not saying this has been the smartest move ever, but still it is within his rights.

I just wonder when the hell a punk 25 year old hot head who has yet to do a damn thing in this league, decided that the guy who pays his multi-million dollar salary should owe him anything.

Look Ravage, I know you are trying to defend your QB. I know that you have got be embarrassed to no end right now that your team has replaced the Raiders and Lions as the laughingstock of the NFL. I know it must hurt. But dude, at least think critically about this.

The problem with you is you see only what you want to see, because to do otherwise would be to admit that your arrogant punk QB is not the savior you had hoped and prayed he would be.
              No.. you ahve your facts wrong. McDaniels has ALWAYS insisted that he only answered the phone, and that he didn't actively search to trade. The facts are he DID actively search to trade.

Again.. you don't know whats going on, and are trying your best to give smack.. and its coming across pretty pathetically lame.

Cutler doesn't think Bowlen "owes" him anything. You don't even know whats going on, its obvious.

McDaniels refused to talk with Cutler and his agent during the day of the 'trade talks'.. then came out and said he was only 'answering the phone'.. lies.

The conversation that was meant to be a 'fence mending' conversation, the one that McDaniels wanted as a 'conference call'... and just ONE week before Jay was to show up to Denver anyway... used that call to "thump his chest" and talk about how no player is untradable and that he expects Jay to be at the volunteer team meetings.

NONE of which Jay didn't already know (since he stated as much in an interview with Lombardi the day of the trade talks where he said "I know this is just a business... and although the trust btween Josh and I have taken a step back... I expect and know that we'll work things out and move forward into taking our team into the playoffs."

So McDummy's lil chest beating episode was purely ANOTHER showing of just how inexperienced this moron is at managing people. He's only 32, having to manage men, and he's clueless in how to even deal. He's like the 16 year old that has been named "theatre manager".. and tries to push his weight around in order to gain 'clout' with the employees. Doesn't work there, either.

McDaniels completely mishandled this entire ordeal, and your lame (and I mean LAMMMME) "your team has replaced the raider and lions" smack isn't going to change the facts.

The irony, is that your Chargers have been teh joke for so many years in the NFL, the fans (just like the 16 yr old) don't know how to handle it once they are FINALLY up on the top Inexperienced . That many years being at the bottom, can't say I don't understand

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilrush View Post
                The Broncos benched Plummer for Jay after a 13-3 season, investing a lot of time and money. Apparaently it was about business then.
                well, 13-3 and blowing it in the championship game.

He also started to bumble and bobble during the 06 season, only averaging 17ppg during 11 games,

The D and O were the same so jake should have been able to do a repeat right?

Jake was average at best and I doubt he would have given the broncos a winning season in 07, 08 when the D was ranked 28 and 29 in those respective years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Momentum View Post
                  Cutler trade demand 1 - The offensive coordinator is fired

Cutler trade demand 2 - His name came up in trade talks (weird how he gets mad after he demands a trade?)

Cutler trade demand 3 - After he and Bus meet "one on one" with McDaniels.

But we'll ignore this.
                  Thats not factual, momentum. Jay never asked to be traded after OC got traded.

If Jay asked to be traded, then why would he be upset that McDaniels tried tot rade him away??

the only time he's asked to be traded is now

Comment

• Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
                    Anyone see Deion on Total Access speak on Jay!
                    He basically said that he should man up and lead like he is suppose to do since we named him captain.......Captains lead regardless of what has happened. Even though they did try to trade you....then use it to your advantage and get in there and play football the way that you should and the way that you are paid to do......Understand that this is a business and that's all it is.....let them handle that and you handle what you suppose to..........He then said, "Now shut up and get in there and lead your team!!"

AND THAT'S BOTTOM LINE!!

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like baby Jay is the first NFL player to ever have to deal with trade talks or being mention in trade rumours.

Countless QBs have had to over come adversity and having their egos insulted. 5 time Pro Bowler Mcnabb was benched last year. Imagine how Cutler would have reacted that.

Time to grow up!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      Then, for those who hate Josh McDaniels and Pat Bowlen, you can't say that Jay Cutler is any better.

Looking in as a Charger fan, who has heard all about those 2 Super Bowls and what a great organization Denver is, to listen to the hating going on at Pat Bowlen is befuddling. I guess he went from being a great owner to a loser all of a sudden because an immature whiny QB got his ego bruised.

Comment

• There have been 50 — count 'em — 50 different starting quarterbacks for the Broncos in 49 seasons.

The vast majority couldn't play dead
                        That's funny, right there!
                        sigpic
                        I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Cutler doesn't think Bowlen "owes" him anything. You don't even know whats going on, its obvious.
                          Perhaps you don't know what you are talking about either. Even Cutler's own agent has recently said that this all started because Bowlen (through McD) allowed changes to the offense after supposedly assuring Cutlet to the contrary.

Answer this:

Does the owner of a professional sports franchise have the right to hire and fire?

Does the coach of said franchise, if given that authority by the owner, have the right to make personnel decisions?

Is the QB of an NFL franchise widely looked upon to provide leadership and direction inside the locker room, as well as on the field?

Is it unusual in the NFL for trade talks to occur, even if nothing comes of it?

Is it usual for employees to refuse to return calls made by their boss?

Smack? Not smack, just the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by #1atwaterfan View Post
                            i am and will always be a broncos fan, but im with cutler on this one. now when i see other bronco fans my 1st question will be "with jay or josh". and any fan saying josh will be no friend of mine, all you fans picking authority over loyalty couldnt be more wrong in my eyes and after listening to shannon sharpe this morning solidified that belief, and i still cant belive how fast some of you fans turned so quickly. one fan used to call his sons pic the next jay cutler, what the heck happened? another fan said we werent the #2 offense last year and that yrs dont matter. WHAT?? thats like saying gettiing on base dosent matter. you have to gain 10 yrs for a 1st down, moving the ball down the field, you cant score every play we wre very very good at moving the ball up and down the field our problems were we had a bad red-zone offense. i trully belive in the end getting rid of cutler is not in the best intrest of the broncos.:cutler::salute!:

First, the Shanny offense was consistently high in yards, but not in points. It was a feature/flaw, but it was by design. That is why the yards are not all that important.

Second, it does not matter who was right/wrong. Only Jay can fix this. He is the one not working out with the rest of the team. He is the one that will not sit down and talk to the coach. This should have been an internal issue he worked out privately with his coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
                              Looking in as a Charger fan, who has heard all about those 2 Super Bowls and what a great organization Denver is, to listen to the hating going on at Pat Bowlen is befuddling. I guess he went from being a great owner to a loser all of a sudden because an immature whiny QB got his ego bruised.
                              Cutler's ego isn't bruised, McD ego is however. Cutler is just making a business decision, and McD should understand that if he's not committed to Cutler , Cutler doesn't have to be committed either.

See that argument is so flawed because it works both ways. But the guy that started it all is ultimately responsible, and that guy is McD. If you're a top 10 brain surgeon in the world, you don't work for the hospital, the hospital works for you.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                                You just used the business line again. Well, Cutler is treating it as a business right now. He is doing what is best for him. If you all want to keep using this business line, realize that Culters best business move is to go to another team. That other team will give him his guarantees AND pay him a lot more money. Sounds like a smart business decision to me.

This is how I think Cutler feels right now. Show some loyalty, he will give you all kinds of loyalty in return. Make it a business, he is treating it like one.
                                Unfortunately, he's got no control over his "business decisions" at this point
                                The question is, would the Broncos let him go?
                                If no...what would his role be?
                                I'm assuming he will be our starter QB, but how would Jay feel about that, would he still want to be here?

Too late to let him go, too late to keep him.
                                What would you do?
                                sigpic
                                I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

Working...
                                X