Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
    I 100 % agree

The question was an hypothetical at that......It didn't say nothing about McD..anything about the actual situation and it did not question you and ethics in any way shape or form but yet you took as though...

"could show" means no verdict can be made only an assumption

How silly is it that now many think Jay wants a commitment that can only be shown now by more then I'm sorry and baby come back so a Hypo about money is not as silly and absurd as you make it out to be and was a little defensive for some reason if you ask me ...

I think the key word is not money but the keys words would be long term deal

Obviously you have not seen Brewster's Millions

Thats cool but I don't believe you and it was a million not millions which makes me believe you even less but if thats what you would do I wish I could say I was in the same boat....I don't even have a boat and wondering if I know how to swim so don't take not believing you personal...The question was not meant as way to prove your "fanhood" but something tells me that is the case ...

That would help but actions speak louder then words and thats where Bus Cook comes in ...

If sorry fixes this mess many people on here need to have I'm sorry Jay for questioning your character as a sig for life and I would not be one of them..
    Pardon my typo -_-

I don't really want to get into specifics about a hypothetical question. A million or millions, the answer still would have been no.

What I would do has little effect on what Cutler is going to do. If I could call him up and talk to him about it I would, but that is also not going to happen or change anything.

It was the lie, and the refusal (up to this point) to say sorry to get things back on track.

The fact that McDaniel started this with his actions and a lie is now and forever the biggest bonehead move in Broncos history.

McDaniels stay in Denver will be a short one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
      Perhaps you don't know what you are talking about either. Even Cutler's own agent has recently said that this all started because Bowlen (through McD) allowed changes to the offense after supposedly assuring Cutlet to the contrary.

Answer this:

Does the owner of a professional sports franchise have the right to hire and fire?

Does the coach of said franchise, if given that authority by the owner, have the right to make personnel decisions?

Is the QB of an NFL franchise widely looked upon to provide leadership and direction inside the locker room, as well as on the field?

Is it unusual in the NFL for trade talks to occur, even if nothing comes of it?

Is it usual for employees to refuse to return calls made by their boss?

Smack? Not smack, just the truth.

Their is a HUGE difference between OWING somebody something, and obliging out of respect. They showed NO respect for Cutler.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by Crush77 View Post
        I had looked this up and found he had 8 the previous year... Not sure how many this year...

So Cutler had 8 4th quarter comebacks the same year we went 7-9?

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
          Unfortunately, he's got no control over his "business decisions" at this point
          The question is, would the Broncos let him go?
          If no...what would his role be?
          I'm assuming he will be our starter QB, but how would Jay feel about that, would he still want to be here?

Too late to let him go, too late to keep him.
          What would you do?
          If McDaniles can go and say to Cutler "No one is untradable"

I think its fair play for Cutler to go "Then I can just honor my contract, play for my teammates but I dont have to commit to you as a head coach." when he asked to be traded.
          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYJets 4 Life View Post
            Actually I was saying where does he compare to the rest of the league when it comes to 4th Q comebacks.

And for the record I watched 14-15 of the Broncos games last year, so I can talk about them pretty knowledgeably, just throwing that in there
            Of course we all know the Broncos didn't even show up for that first Chiefs game, So yea thats right.

Comment

Unfortunately, he's got no control over his "business decisions" at this point
              The question is, would the Broncos let him go?
              If no...what would his role be?
              I'm assuming he will be our starter QB, but how would Jay feel about that, would he still want to be here?

Too late to let him go, too late to keep him.
              What would you do?
              If he is not going to trade him, and has no intentions to. Why thump his chest and not just say, sorry Jay. you are our guy and you will not be traded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orange Dog View Post
                Josh is at falt, we have no reason to be loyal to him. He has done nothing for this team but cause problems..... I am on the side of the player.
                I'm with this. I am down with the working stiffs.
                Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                  Their is a HUGE difference between OWING somebody something, and obliging out of respect. They showed NO respect for Cutler.
                  OK, for the sake of argument.
                  Let's say that Bowlen and McD are 100% to blame in this as some of you believe. Let's say that Cutler has done nothing wrong to this point.

What now Bronco fan?

Who can fix this as it stands? Cutler and only Cutler
                  Who can drag this out to the ugly bitter end? Cutler and only Cutler

I swear, I get the feeling you guys won't be happy until Bowlen and McD get on their knees and kiss Cutlers ass while begging his forgiveness.

Worse though, I really am starting to think that is what Cutler wants as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                    You just used the business line again. Well, Cutler is treating it as a business right now. He is doing what is best for him. If you all want to keep using this business line, realize that Culters best business move is to go to another team. That other team will give him his guarantees AND pay him a lot more money. Sounds like a smart business decision to me.

This is how I think Cutler feels right now. Show some loyalty, he will give you all kinds of loyalty in return. Make it a business, he is treating it like one.

Actually - - Jay is making a TERRIBLE business decision right now. If he were making a good business decision, he would say that he is going to go out and prove to McD what a big mistake it was to try and trade him. He would prove that he is a good teammate and loves his fans. If he were making a good business decision, he would definatively prove that he is more than a one season wonder (I am not saying he is, just that its his first probowl year) and get back to the Pro-Bowl and make McD look like a dumba$$. If he did that, he would rub McD's face in it all year and the talking heads would be saying "this is the guy you tried to trade???". If Jay were making a smart business decision he would remove any seeds of doubt about whether he is a Diva, whether his diabetes is going to catch up with him, whether he can post a winning record as a QB.

Can you imagine Jay's leverage if he played well and was in the final year of his contract? He would get one of the biggest contracts in NFL history and could pick which team he wants to play for. THAT would be a good business decision.

But its starting to feel like Jay and Bus may not have confidence in Jay's ability to get back to the Probowl, so they want to strike while the iron is hot. While his stock is at the highest he thinks it will ever be. This is a bad business decision (longevity wise) because he might earn himself a one way ticket to Detroit or Cleveland. And what if he doesnt like it there? Or if they cant win? Demand a trade again? Blame his defense, again?
                    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
                      If McDaniles can go and say to Cutler "No one is untradable"

I think its fair play for Cutler to go "Then I can just honor my contract, play for my teammates but I dont have to commit to you as a head coach." when he asked to be traded.
                      I was thinking what the "internal" comments have been?
                      I wonder if any guy(s) from the offense had been in contact with him, and if anybody has made a plea to him to stay?
                      If he wants to play for his teammates, then I think that would be an approach he'd be willing to take...
                      sigpic
                      I've started with almost nothing and still got most of it

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                        Of course we all know the Broncos didn't even show up for that first Chiefs game, So yea thats right.
                        Heck, if your ganna use the first chiefs game as an example, why not include the 2nd raider game..

PATHETIC

:brick:

Comment

I was thinking what the "internal" comments have been?
                          I wonder if any guy(s) from the offense had been in contact with him, and if anybody has made a plea to him to stay?
                          If he wants to play for his teammates, then I think that would be an approach he'd be willing to take...
                          The thing is Josh doesnt have ANYONE to turn to,

Most of the vets on the team that were there before he came in and the offense would probably turn their heads in essence saying "Im not doing your dirty work for you, you do it yourself."

So if anything Josh just sent himself down the creek without a paddle. I doubt there is anyone vet or offense that will come in and beg Jay to stay without looking like a 'brown noser'
                          McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                            I think McDaniels screwed up big time by not having good communication with Jay. One thing is for sure. The other young head coaches in the league are getting a huge lesson on what not to do if you have a young talented franchise QB on the team you take over. Don't ruin the trust and start off on a bad foot.
                            The other young coaches are probably not as arrogant as McD to think they can fail to trade the face of the franchise, lie about it and not realize the repercussions of it all.

We just have the greenest and most arrogant young head coach. Lucky us!

Comment

• Destroying the franchise, tearing apart the franchise, yadda yadda yadda. Dumb. The franchise was here before Cutler and I would be the dumbest sports fan in the world if I thought Cutler would single handedly bring to ruin over half a century of what is the Denver Broncos in a simple 3 years. Love you Woody, but get a grip.

P.S. By "Dumbest" I mean Dumbest to chose the Broncos as my team since so many have overcome so much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilrush View Post
                                First, the Shanny offense was consistently high in yards, but not in points. It was a feature/flaw, but it was by design. That is why the yards are not all that important.

Second, it does not matter who was right/wrong. Only Jay can fix this. He is the one not working out with the rest of the team. He is the one that will not sit down and talk to the coach. This should have been an internal issue he worked out privately with his coach.
                                You might have missed the part about the meeting on Saturday that he attended and was prepared to start OTA's before things went bad.

When someone treats you wrong, do you think it's your responsibility to make things work? This thinking that Jay is the one who needs to fix this is so skewed. IT IS THE HC's responsibility to properly manage relationships with his players. It is Josh McDaniels responsibilty to mend the fences between him and Jay. Not the other way around!

Comment

Working...
                                X