McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rоck View Post
    People that bump their own thread because no one responds crack me up. It just comes across like you're craving attention and approval by other Broncos fans because you don't get enough of it outside of these boards. (Not trying to be rude, just how it comes across.)

Oh, and tl;dr

Some people, well OK, most people who start threads on here do so to get responses, for the sake of argument, so yeah, in a way they are looking for attention.

Thanks for contributing though, now go away!

Comment

• Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
      ROFL I was thinking the same thing. My mom used to work for a guy who had a home in CR and went there once a month. I swear to god I think he was running drugs.
      I doubt it was drugs.....but I guarantee a few senoritas probably were involved.
      sigpic

Comment

• testing one two three
        Cutler 2008:
        » He was No. 3 in the NFL in 3rd down efficiency. NFL avg teams converted 39.5 percent of its third downs; Cutler converted 47.5 percent.
        »Threw for more yards than Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Donovan McNabb, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo and Ben Roethlisberger.
        » He had eight games of 300-plus passing yards (five of those at 350 or more), connecting for 15 TD's
        » 4th quarter of games Cutler completed 100 of 167 passes for 1,212 yards and 11 TD's with just four int's

Comment

• Originally posted by Crush77 View Post
          testing one two three
          ...what?

EDIT: I get it, you were seeing if you could post because you played Chicken with a mod...nevermind, lol
          sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
            I dont believe for a second that Cutler is a "victim" here. He could have chosen to respond-in private and not to the media-to this situation.
            So Cutler is obligated to keep this in house and deal directly with the team when the team didn't return the same favor?

Sounds to me like you are a company man.

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              No, but as Reggie Rivers - who is the biggest Broncos mark you will find in the local media - stated, Bowlen should have, at the very least, called or had someone call Cutler and Bailey and the other team vets/captains to inform them that it had happened, rather than allow the players to hear it through the media.
              You have a point there if that is how the players found out.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Nice find!

Cool to see John speak out on the situation. Hopefully this reaches Jay and Mr. Bowlen.

Also, I have bets to collect tomorrow, John said Jay was in the top 5 of the league.

I'm so rich.

Never mind that Cutler was the 16th ranked QB in the league last year and is 17-20. John said he is top 5 so it must be gospel.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeepItReal View Post
                  You have a point there if that is how the players found out.
                  Yep...that is how it went down. Usually the position coach is the one to inform the players of events like this.

This thing has "big ol rookie mistake written all over it with a big ol heaping of I am too proud to come around and admit that maybe I messed up" on it.

The sad thing for Bronco fans is we are more likely to endure 2-3 terrible seasons as "McD" uses us as resume space and practice AND WE LOSE CUTLER for probably NOTHING! SWEET! Way to go Pat. We need help on D and you let the coach CANNIBALIZE our O. Makes perfect sense!

Comment

• He wants Jay to stay and he does understand his feelings, and yeah he didn't say a thing about McDaniels, but in a way he did refer to him when siding on Jay's feeling due to the trading talks.

I mean, who the heck wouldn't feel bad when you hear they're trying to get rid of you from the place you wanna play?

Not only Jay but i also hope McDaniels listened to the unforgettable No.7.
                    Last edited by Shadow7ax; 03-20-2009, 12:47 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                      Cutler's ego isn't bruised, McD ego is however. Cutler is just making a business decision, and McD should understand that if he's not committed to Cutler , Cutler doesn't have to be committed either.

See that argument is so flawed because it works both ways. But the guy that started it all is ultimately responsible, and that guy is McD. If you're a top 10 brain surgeon in the world, you don't work for the hospital, the hospital works for you.

LOL The adoration Bronco fans have for Cutler knows no bounds!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mooncamping View Post
                        I was always a fan of Jay Cutler since I saw him try to make the playoffs with the Broncos in 2006.
                        Last year I saw as many games as I could, but wasn´t sold on the franchise Denver Broncos. I also got a Jay Cutler training jersey and figurine by Todd McFarlane. The jersey bears the stampeding horse logo I hate, and the figurine came with a different head/face than advertised all over the internet (the internet depiction was accurate but the figurine is somebody I´ve never seen).
                        I dug Shanahan, the fighting spirit is evident in him. The defense was a bunch of nonames, and no one except Bly and Manuel tackling with authority, but they captured my imagination a little bit by playing like ravenous dogs, I witnessed more gang tackling (not the ghetto kind) than on any other team in the NFL
                        But I had to realise Jay Cutler is not happy. Games were lost that should have been won. If you´re ashamed to go to the playoffs with a bunch of scrubs that´s your problem. I´m win win most of the time.
                        The Denver Broncos will be subject of interest to me, and if I see pleasant developments maybe even #2 on my favorite teams list.
                        I gave myself thousands of opportunities to become a fan of this team, I´ve got a feel for the quite loyal and caring fan community, and I understand what type of player and fan support they are looking for.
                        But like Jay Cutler, it´s not quite my vibe.
                        There comes a time when you have to let the 50-50 take an honest turn.
                        And my turn leads away from the Denver Broncos.
                        #1 they will never be in my book.
                        You are a fairweather fan and an idiot if you believe Denver was the best gang tackiling team or that bly tackled with authority.

We do not need fans like you.

Root for the patriots.
                        sigpic

Comment

• So you think a QB like Stafford who is often compared to as a Cutler Clone will do better than Cutler? And you won't mind paying him almost $100 milli to draft him? But for Cutler, no. Who has proven he can succeed and has played in a NFL system for 3 years. While Stafford has yet to do anything and he will be payed almost as well as Tom Brady and Manning.

You may not believe in Cutler, but last I heard. Defense wins Championships, and Cutler hasn't had that while being the full-time starter here. I don't get why anyone would choose unproven guys over Cutler. Cassel played with an offense that broke records the year before. Stafford may not be Peyton Manning but he has all the tools succeed and is unproven (kinda like what everyone says about Cutler). Sanchez played for a QB happy USC offense where they produce more defensive studs than they do QB's.

Look, I wouldn't mind seeing Cutler being traded. But without Cutler, Denver will not succeed for the next 3 seasons unless they get lucky at QB. The NFL draft is like everyone says a crapshoot, you never know what you will get. So I'd rather stick with Cutler who wants to be here and his teammates who want him here.

Comment

Never mind that Cutler was the 16th ranked QB in the league last year and is 17-20. John said he is top 5 so it must be gospel.
                            Whatever guy.

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhns View Post
                              You just used the business line again. Well, Cutler is treating it as a business right now. He is doing what is best for him. If you all want to keep using this business line, realize that Culters best business move is to go to another team. That other team will give him his guarantees AND pay him a lot more money. Sounds like a smart business decision to me.

This is how I think Cutler feels right now. Show some loyalty, he will give you all kinds of loyalty in return. Make it a business, he is treating it like one.
                              LOL, wow. Truer words have never been spoken (or typed). When a team wants to trade you, it's called business. But when a player asks to be released or traded, it's called selfishness. Especially when a team tried to deal you under the tables then denies it.

Yeah, Cutler can just move on and play. But what he wants is for the team to confirm that they want him here. So far the only people wanting him here are the fans and his teammates. Pat said he wants Jay here, but that's hard to believe when he says he supports McD.

Comment

John said he is top 5 so it must be gospel.
                                Pretty much.
                                sigpic

TZ

Comment

Working...
                                X