Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *OrangeCrush* View Post
    That doesn't include playoffs to bad Cutler can't make the playoffs.:brick:
    This doesn't matter to most people due to our lackluster defense and our running game that produced a mere 5 ypc. Cutler is the best! the best!

Comment

• Originally posted by wishb0n3 View Post
      Poll " Which team will Jay Cutler play his next game for?

Broncos : 26%

Another Team : 74%

Damn, everyone is leaning towards him being gone. Its not even a 50-50... not looking good at all. Probably wont get anyone as good as him, but life will go on.
      How would it be possible for a national poll not to show such lopsided results? The reason is because so many people around the country are hoping he will traded to their favorite team!
      If you love NFL stats and history
      pro-football-reference.com
      jt-sw.com/football

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
        If you're talking about Elways old days where he wasn't the most mature guy sure. Even Jay himself is taking to to a whole new level though. If you cannot see this you are blind. Even in a way Elway said Jay was immature, however he also said the FO handles this badly.

Just because Elway acted similarly although not to this extent does not give Cutler a free pass 15 years later to do the same/worse thing. He should man up.
        Elway never insinuated that he was acting mature (edit: I meant immature lol, I have a sinus infection and am not thinking straight). He said he understood that Jay got his feelings hurt. I think if most of us found out our boss thought we couldn't cut it in our job and there was someone they'd rather have, we'd all get our feelings a little hurt, even if we did a good job of hiding it. If anything, Jay is guilty of being too open and honest, and that's not a bad flaw to have really.
        Last edited by floridabroncos; 03-20-2009, 09:12 AM.
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
          You want the quotes and articles? From the same "sources" that make you call our head coach a "liar".
          He's not OUR head coach. Get that through your head.

And I know he lied because what he originally told the media after the trade fell through is not what he told Cutler nor Peter King after the Saturday meeting fell apart.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
            Ok os this was part of another post that i started typing and the longer it got the more I believe this parallels what i think happened, here in lies the question?

When McDaniels was asked "did you try to trade me" and McDaniels said NO that isn't a lie. Trying to trade someone is calling, making offers, and being ACTIVE. Recieving a phone call, maybee even telling what it would take to trade isn't trying to trade.

Think of it this way, a telemarketer calls you at home, and wants to sell you some "girls gone wild videos" and you are in the recliner watching the tube, and you say No i don't want them, and they start sweetening the deal, then you say no, and they say what do you want before you'll buy these videos, and you say it would have to be hand delivered by pam anderson in a G string. They say well i can't make that happen, you say alright and hang up the phone. your wife walks over and says "were you trying to buy Girls gone wild videos" you say No, they called me, I just listened, I wasn't trying to buy them. She says you are lying, and you say watch i bet they never show up in the mail.

Mean while the producer really wants to sell the videos so he calls and talks to Pam, then her publicist leaks that she was offered a lot of money to deliver the video's to YOUR house.

Your wife hears, yells at you for trying to buy the video's and lying to her, you like pam more than her, and she wants a divorce.

You say divorce me if you want, but i wasn't lieing to you, the thought had crossed my mind to get the videos, but i never tried to buy them. I didn't lie to you and am not going to appoligize for lying.

Are you a lier, did you lie to your wife? Chances are you are going to have more arguements, but are you going to stand firm that you didn't lie?
            Ok, I already made the comparison in another thread a while ago, but this is like when former President Clinton said "I did NOT have sex with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky." And uhm, we all know that in a way, he did. A lie right there. And like someone above me already pointed out, half truths are still lies. Either you tell the truth or not. Half of it doesn't count.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              I know McDaniels is a liar because what he initially stated after the trade fell through and what he told Peter King just this week contradict each other.

I also tend to believe Cutler, because thus far his story has been the only one to remain consistent.

This would be where we seperate. I personally don't beleve cutler one iota, and it all stems from the fact that he wouldn't return Bowlens calls. Which is a fact and reported by every outlet.

If Jay is on the up and up, telling the truth and not having an agenda, why would he ever not want to confide in ol el numbero uno, the top dog. The guy who gives him his check and has been one of his biggest supporters.

There is not one single good reason to not talk to bowlen, according to Jay he was telling him it would be ok, nothing was going to change, that Bowlen wants him here. So as soon as Jay is mad at McD, that would be the FIRST person to talk to. Case and Point, I think Jay and company has had this agenda for a while, and that is pretty damning proff, and it isn't relyant on news stories with "sources", is is made through media that is out in the open.

Comment

This would be where we seperate. I personally don't beleve cutler one iota, and it all stems from the fact that he wouldn't return Bowlens calls. Which is a fact and reported by every outlet.

If Jay is on the up and up, telling the truth and not having an agenda, why would he ever not want to confide in ol el numbero uno, the top dog. The guy who gives him his check and has been one of his biggest supporters.

There is not one single good reason to not talk to bowlen, according to Jay he was telling him it would be ok, nothing was going to change, that Bowlen wants him here. So as soon as Jay is mad at McD, that would be the FIRST person to talk to. Case and Point, I think Jay and company has had this agenda for a while, and that is pretty damning proff, and it isn't relyant on news stories with "sources", is is made through media that is out in the open.
                Maybe perhaps because Bowlen has been lying through this whole ordeal too?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadow7ax View Post
                  Ok, I already made the comparison in another thread a while ago, but this is like when former President Clinton said "I did NOT have sex with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky." And uhm, we all know that in a way, he did. A lie right there. And like someone above me already pointed out, half truths are still lies. Either you tell the truth or not. Half of it doesn't count.

That argument was on the deffinition of sex, not on lying/telling the truth. Much different than this synario

Comment

Maybe perhaps because Bowlen has been lying through this whole ordeal too?
                    So you think everyone is lying but poor old Jay?

ok, i don't see any agenda there.

Comment

• O-Line

It's nice that someone mentioned it ... finally.:clap:

At this time last year the O-Line was in trouble. Nalen and Hamilton hadn't played. Lepsis retired after a subpar season. Pears had struggled. Myers went to Houston. Holland went to Dallas. Harris hadn't emerged yet. Only Kuper returned as a starter from '07, but not at the same spot.

Enter Clady, Wiegmann; Harris emerges; Hamilton returns. The main reason for the engineering and redesign of the O-Line was Rick Dennison. He is also the architect of the running game and pass protection schemes. The running plays in '08 transcended the usual zone block concept. What I saw was masterfully conceived and executed. That is why Dennison and Turner have been retained.

I, for one, was not impressed with Bates' playcalling. I'll bet that McDaniels keeps much of what Dennison was doing in the run-game although adapted to the formations the new O will use. If Cutler wants to have the opportunity to throw 50 TDs, he'd better stick around.

If Cutler gets a huge contract from the Broncos, it will have been facilitated by the botched and illconceived way Bowlen, McDaniels and Xanders handled the transition.:doh:
                      Last edited by samparnell; 03-21-2009, 10:30 AM. Reason: addition
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

He's not OUR head coach. Get that through your head.

And I know he lied because what he originally told the media after the trade fell through is not what he told Cutler nor Peter King after the Saturday meeting fell apart.
                        McD said he listened to offers. He was not actively looking for a trade (if not, the trade would already have happened). He told Cutler he listened to offers and he said he will do what's best for the organization, no one is untradeable. Where is the lie? And he is our head coach, unless you are not a Bronco. Are you a Charger?
                        sigpic

Comment

You standards of lying seem pretty low.

The fact is, we don't know what McDaniels did behind closed doors and how close he was to actualy trading Cutler. We at least know that, according to Belichick, he didn't submit the offer to New England, which is likely why they wound up making the deal with the Chiefs instead of Denver, who was going to offer more.

However, when Cutler confronted McDaniels on Saturday, McDaniels admitted to him that he wanted to bring Cassel here, which contradicts what McDaniels stated before to the media that they evaluated the offer and he decided not to pursue it. Thus far, McDaniels and the Broncos have not denied Jay's account of what McDaniels stated.

So it's a lie. Even if it's not a direct lie, the intent is ultimately to mislead people into thinking one thing happen when something completely different happened.
                          Umm no. Once again your bias proves correct. McDaniels wants a lot of players, i'm sure he wants Hester and Randy Moss and Wes Welker but that doesn't make him a liar. Just because he said he wanted Cassel doesn't make him a liar. You just want him to be a liar so bad because honeslty that is the only thing the McDaniel haters have on him atm. Without that they cannot complain about him.

Saying you're interested in a player and listening to an offer is not trading. Trading involves two parties both actively trying to find a deal. Key word there. Without any offers from the Broncos or accepting any offers this means there was never any trade.

Comment

So you think everyone is lying but poor old Jay?

ok, i don't see any agenda there.
                            If Jay is lying - and I'm not going to argue one way or the other - he has certainly been better at it than the Broncos.

I've seen Jay here for three years now. Not once has anything about the guy screamed dishonesty or that he was a liar. Quite the opposite in fact - sometimes he can be TOO honest and TOO forthcoming.

Thus far, however, McDaniels has been caught in a lie and Bowlen has been caught in a lie (or I should say 'caught misremembering').

I have no agenda to push, friend. Not like you clearly do. I just want cooler heads to prevail and for this to blow over and for Jay to be here in 2009 and beyond.

But there's no proof or evidence that Jay has been lying. None. There's plenty of proof by their own statements that McDaniels and Bowlen have, however.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Amen, Brother!

Originally posted by 24CHAMPionships View Post
                              Anyone see Deion on Total Access speak on Jay!
                              He basically said that he should man up and lead like he is suppose to do since we named him captain.......Captains lead regardless of what has happened. Even though they did try to trade you....then use it to your advantage and get in there and play football the way that you should and the way that you are paid to do......Understand that this is a business and that's all it is.....let them handle that and you handle what you suppose to..........He then said, "Now shut up and get in there and lead your team!!"

AND THAT'S BOTTOM LINE!!
                              Deion expressed it succinctly.
                              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
                                Umm no. Once again your bias proves correct. McDaniels wants a lot of players, i'm sure he wants Hester and Randy Moss and Wes Welker but that doesn't make him a liar. Just because he said he wanted Cassel doesn't make him a liar. You just want him to be a liar so bad because honeslty that is the only thing the McDaniel haters have on him atm. Without that they cannot complain about him.

Saying you're interested in a player and listening to an offer is not trading. Trading involves two parties both actively trying to find a deal. Key word there. Without any offers from the Broncos or accepting any offers this means there was never any trade.
                                I'm not getting into the text book definiton of what constitutes a lie or not, nor am I going to endlessly speculate as to what really happened behind the doors at Dove Valley when no one here knows.

I just know that thus far, McDaniels has contradicted what he originally stated, and Bowlen has contradicted himself. You can say it's not lying all day long. That's how I personally see it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X