McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
    So you think everyone is lying but poor old Jay?

ok, i don't see any agenda there.
    He's biased and it's pretty obvious. Especially from that comment about Bowlen. People seem to be taking sides and their 'opinion' is somehow in their mind turning into fact.

How is the saying, innocent until proven guilty? So far no one can prove he lied a.k.a proposed a trade to any team. Even BB himself said we did nothing more than listen. I think some people a.k.a mojo know he's from the patriots so they automatically assume he's a cheating scumbag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Breezer View Post
      I got that same deal. Pam Anderson shipped them right to my door. She looks even better in person!
      speaking of lies.... Pam Anderson does NOT look better in person! ...unless you left your glasses on the counter. ...she needs soft focus...

I thought Norv Turner had it rough replacing Marty, but this is ridiculous. McDaniels is going to be hating life when he has to take the field and listen to the Denver Cutler fans boo him relentlessly.

The fact is, you guys got a new coach who apparently had the chutzpah to examine a proposal that might make his team better. Nothing happened, but his desire to put the issue to bed won't be allowed by Bus Cook.

Now, the Cutler fan base wants the team coach to dance to the QB's tune. That's absurd. No matter what you all think of the issue at hand, the one thing you can't have in a locker room is the belief that the QB comes before the coach.

I wish the Denver Cutlers luck, you're going to need it. You Bronco fans hang in there - it'll get better soon enough...

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        I'm not getting into the text book definiton of what constitutes a lie or not, nor am I going to endlessly speculate as to what really happened behind the doors at Dove Valley when no one here knows.

I just know that thus far, McDaniels has contradicted what he originally stated, and Bowlen has contradicted himself. You can say it's not lying all day long. That's how I personally see it.
        Well since there is no contradiction and you have yet to prove it I somehow don't see your logic. So you are saying by him saying he was 'late to the dance' and 'no we never tried to trade you' is a contradiction then that makes no sense. That is all you really have to go by from what Ive seen/read. Also by him saying any player is tradeable doesn't make him a liar since that refers to the future and not present/past.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
          He's biased and it's pretty obvious. Especially from that comment about Bowlen. People seem to be taking sides and their 'opinion' is somehow in their mind turning into fact.

How is the saying, innocent until proven guilty? So far no one can prove he lied a.k.a proposed a trade to any team. Even BB himself said we did nothing more than listen. I think some people a.k.a mojo know he's from the patriots so they automatically assume he's a cheating scumbag.
          Do you even read the facts, or do you just assume?

Belichick NEVER stated 'we just listened'. He stated he never got an offer from the Broncos regarding Cassel.

That doesn't mean the Broncos weren't interested or that they weren't trying to get something worked out with Tampa or Detroit to make an offer to the Patriots. It simply means the Broncos were 'late in the game' (an exact quote from McDaniels) and Belichick had already made the deal with Pioli and the Chiefs.

You can call me biased, but at least I can read the facts and form an opinion, rather than just assume what happened based off of headlines and other message board posters.
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm behind you Cutler

o.k over the season i have been very critical over a lot of Cutlers throws and game play when it counted. But i have to say other than Elway i don't want anyone else leading the Broncos for a long time..So McDaniels needs to suck up his pride and take the blame for everything that happened. Thats what a real leader/coach should do.Come on all we really needed was one more good LB and two good DTs. Even now with Dawkins and Champ in the secondary D.J at LB just find two run stoppers in the middle and this year were in...what do think?:go:
            Albert

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
              Well since there is no contradiction and you have yet to prove it I somehow don't see your logic. So you are saying by him saying he was 'late to the dance' and 'no we never tried to trade you' is a contradiction then that makes no sense. That is all you really have to go by from what Ive seen/read. Also by him saying any player is tradeable doesn't make him a liar since that refers to the future and not present/past.
              I'm not having this conversation with you. You don't have the facts. You're making idiotic assumptions based on things you haven't actually read, but simply heard and read in part.

McDaniels has been inconsistent with what he's said, as has Bowlen. Cutler has been consistent and forthcoming throughout this whole mess.

That doesn't make Cutler innocent in all of this. But I tend to lean towards the guy who has yet to contradict himself over those who clearly have.
              sigpic

Comment

If Jay is lying - and I'm not going to argue one way or the other - he has certainly been better at it than the Broncos.

I've seen Jay here for three years now. Not once has anything about the guy screamed dishonesty or that he was a liar. Quite the opposite in fact - sometimes he can be TOO honest and TOO forthcoming.

Thus far, however, McDaniels has been caught in a lie and Bowlen has been caught in a lie (or I should say 'caught misremembering').

I have no agenda to push, friend. Not like you clearly do. I just want cooler heads to prevail and for this to blow over and for Jay to be here in 2009 and beyond.

But there's no proof or evidence that Jay has been lying. None. There's plenty of proof by their own statements that McDaniels and Bowlen have, however.
                I give Bowlen a pass because he's an old man. McDaniels is 32, so unless he has a major brain tumor, there's nothing wrong with his thinker.
                Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• I remember the Chad Johnson poll from last year. It was over 96% that he would not be in Cinci, but look what happed.

Polls mean nothing when its the media fueling the fire.

Comment

• I still don't think anyone really knows what happened besides those guys. If Cutler is traded I'm sure the story will come out. (Kind of like the Kiffin Raider thing which is all UGLY to me.) And if all else fails someone will write a book someday for an extra couple million to pimp out there 5 million dollar house.
                    Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

If Jay is lying - and I'm not going to argue one way or the other - he has certainly been better at it than the Broncos.

I've seen Jay here for three years now. Not once has anything about the guy screamed dishonesty or that he was a liar. Quite the opposite in fact - sometimes he can be TOO honest and TOO forthcoming.

Thus far, however, McDaniels has been caught in a lie and Bowlen has been caught in a lie (or I should say 'caught misremembering').

I have no agenda to push, friend. Not like you clearly do. I just want cooler heads to prevail and for this to blow over and for Jay to be here in 2009 and beyond.

But there's no proof or evidence that Jay has been lying. None. There's plenty of proof by their own statements that McDaniels and Bowlen have, however.

You get me for technicalitys, so i bolded yours, nothing has screamed dishonest or lying, BUT it has been pointed out that he broods, holds grudges, and acts in mature about events, classically the philip rivers saga. He may not technically lie or be dishonest, but he does sulk, hold grudges, and use the woe is me attitued as much as anyone in the NFL.

Just food for thought

Comment

Do you even read the facts, or do you just assume?

Belichick NEVER stated 'we just listened'. He stated he never got an offer from the Broncos regarding Cassel.

That doesn't mean the Broncos weren't interested or that they weren't trying to get something worked out with Tampa or Detroit to make an offer to the Patriots. It simply means the Broncos were 'late in the game' (an exact quote from McDaniels) and Belichick had already made the deal with Pioli and the Chiefs.

You can call me biased, but at least I can read the facts and form an opinion, rather than just assume what happened based off of headlines and other message board posters.
                        Facts? all anyone has so far is rumors except the ones McDaniels, BB, Cutler, Bowlen, Cook have to say. From that there are no facts that say we were anything more than interested in Cassel.

You are assuming that being interested = trading. Not either the lions or TB have said we did more than listen. So unless you have some more 'facts' regarding us doing more than being interested which does not = trading for then sure link them, maybe I missed it somewhere.

Comment

• I think............................................. ...............yeah.
                          :cutler:
                          --bringin' the pain--

:orton:

Comment

You folks are really hung up on the "Lie".

You're using it to justify the furor of Jay not coming back to work.

Too forthcoming?

I think too Petulant was the word you're looking for.

Evidence? Ask your own sports reporters what they think of Jay... I'm sure they love his eye rolling, "I don't know, you tell me answers." He's talented. But, that's were the accolades stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Binary Bolt Fan View Post
                              speaking of lies.... Pam Anderson does NOT look better in person! ...unless you left your glasses on the counter. ...she needs soft focus...

I thought Norv Turner had it rough replacing Marty, but this is ridiculous. McDaniels is going to be hating life when he has to take the field and listen to the Denver Cutler fans boo him relentlessly.

The fact is, you guys got a new coach who apparently had the chutzpah to examine a proposal that might make his team better. Nothing happened, but his desire to put the issue to bed won't be allowed by Bus Cook.

Now, the Cutler fan base wants the team coach to dance to the QB's tune. That's absurd. No matter what you all think of the issue at hand, the one thing you can't have in a locker room is the belief that the QB comes before the coach.

I wish the Denver Cutlers luck, you're going to need it. You Bronco fans hang in there - it'll get better soon enough...

the main difference here is shotenheimer had them at 14-2, and McDaniels ball bag>norv turner.

Comment

• Just my thought...

I think bowlen realized that Mcdumbass made a mistake and he is acting like his new coach has done nothing wrong, just reading the articles that Bowlen has made his comments. Bowlen does not want the fans to turn on him because he has made a mistake in hiring McDumbass, I truly believe that Bowlen has medical problemsand has lost his mind, I do hope he sells the Broncos with in 2 years, The person who would love to own the Broncos is #7 = Elway...

Comment

Working...
                                X