McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
    Facts? all anyone has so far is rumors except the ones McDaniels, BB, Cutler, Bowlen, Cook have to say. From that there are no facts that say we were anything more than interested in Cassel.

You are assuming that being interested = trading. Not either the lions or TB have said we did more than listen. So unless you have some more 'facts' regarding us doing more than being interested which does not = trading for then sure link them, maybe I missed it somewhere.
    *Sigh*

McDaniels originally told the press that they got an offer but never took it seriously, and that they (the Broncos) were the ones that nixed the offer.

Then he told Peter King this weekend that they were interested in bringing Cassel here but by the time they were getting things situation, he had already been dealt to KC, and the Broncos were 'late in the game'.

That's a blatant contradiction.

Then Bowlen states to Thomas George that he hadn't talked to Cutler since firing Shanahan, and that he had 'no reason' to talk to Cutler over the firing of Shanahan. Now, he gave himself an out, but in his press conference in which he fired Shanahan, Bowlen stated he had talked to Jay about things.

That's a contradiction.

Name one thing that Jay has contradicted himself with, and I'll concede this discussion.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
      Well since there is no contradiction and you have yet to prove it I somehow don't see your logic. So you are saying by him saying he was 'late to the dance' and 'no we never tried to trade you' is a contradiction then that makes no sense. That is all you really have to go by from what Ive seen/read. Also by him saying any player is tradeable doesn't make him a liar since that refers to the future and not present/past.
      Josh McDaniels told Peter King that he pursued a deal on the FIRST day of Free Agency! He said not intensly because he and Xanders were focused on the FA signings. Then, by the time he did get around to it more seriously he was 'too late'.

In fact, virtually everyone now is reporting this as fact .. that Josh did pursue a deal. Josh no longer denies it.

Comment

• I'm right behind you Cookler, kicking your ass all the way to Detroit!
        sigpic

Comment

• I think i've read this same thread about 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, 000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00 0,000,000,000,000,000,257 Times :brick:
          Hey Fisherman Heres ans awesome website with tons of info and Forums www.Coloradofisherman.comApril Fools

Comment

• Question:

Has Jay ever gotten behind anybody in his life?

(besides Philip Rivers?)

sorry, I couldn't resist. (please don't ban me..)

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
              *Sigh*

McDaniels originally told the press that they got an offer but never took it seriously, and that they (the Broncos) were the ones that nixed the offer.

Then he told Peter King this weekend that they were interested in bringing Cassel here but by the time they were getting things situation, he had already been dealt to KC, and the Broncos were 'late in the game'.

Then Bowlen states to Thomas George that he hadn't talked to Cutler since firing Shanahan, and that he had 'no reason' to talk to Cutler over the firing of Shanahan. Now, he gave himself an out, but in his press conference in which he fired Shanahan, Bowlen stated he had talked to Jay about things.

That's a contradiction.

Name one thing that Jay has contradicted himself with, and I'll concede this discussion.
              The whole "I want to be a bronco", "I love Denver", "I want to know if i am wanted", "I want to work through this" and then not returning MULTIPLE calls by Mr Bronco, and putting his house up for sale BEFORE the make up meeting, pretty much makes his hands as "dirty" as anyone else's.

Comment

• Originally posted by neutessa View Post
                Josh McDaniels told Peter King that he pursued a deal on the FIRST day of Free Agency! He said not intensly because he and Xanders were focused on the FA signings. Then, by the time he did get around to it more seriously he was 'too late'.

In fact, virtually everyone now is reporting this as fact .. that Josh did pursue a deal. Josh no longer denies it.
                No, he said that he could not focus on trades involving Broncos players because he was busy working on the FA signings. Then, he said that he was late for the dance and the Pats shipped Cassel to KC. See? McDaniels not even danced. The missed the ride to the ball.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
                  Meh. I guess it varies per person. If I was making 2 million or whatever, I would shut up and play. That's just me.
                  Easy to say when you aren't the guy making that money. Plus, Cutler has a good chunk of money still guaranteed to him as long as he plays, and with teams throwing themselves at Xanders and McDaniels for a chance at the Cutler sweepstakes, he's going to make some money no matter what happens, since in three years they can't hold him if he doesn't want to go without tagging him, which would guarantee a boat load of money. I know it's always about the money, according to Jim Rome, but in this case the money is going to come no matter what. I really don't think it's about the money. It's about the respect and the loyalty. He's going to get the money, one way or another, and he realizes this and frankly, I don't think he cares all that much. He cares more about the intangibles like being respected for his hard work by the guys above him and about knowing he's in a comfortable working environment where he can thrive. Hate on the guy all you want, and say he's a spoiled rich kid athlete, but I've been in working environments where the pay was good but the atmosphere was toxic, and in both cases where that happened, I quit the job because of the atmosphere despite the pay.
                  Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
                    The whole "I want to be a bronco", "I love Denver", "I want to know if i am wanted", "I want to work through this" and then not returning MULTIPLE calls by Mr Bronco, and putting his house up for sale BEFORE the make up meeting, pretty much makes his hands as "dirty" as anyone else's.
                    :clap:

somebody gets it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                      No, he said that he could not focus on trades involving Broncos players because he was busy working on the FA signings. Then, he said that he was late for the dance and the Pats shipped Cassel to KC. See? McDaniels not even danced. The missed the ride to the ball.
                      That's not true either.

What McDaniels stated was that they had received offers but that they were so busy working with the free agent signings that by the time they came back to the Cassel offer, he had already been dealt.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Cugel View Post

"The players make a lot more money than me so they should just shut up and do what I want!"

See? This is capitalism. Jay Cutler makes a lot of money because football is a profitable business and there are only about 10 people in the entire world who do it as well or better than he does.

It doesn't really matter if people think "he's being a baby" he's simply irreplaceable. It is up to management to manage. It's up to Pat Bowlen and McDaniels NOT to do what they have been doing and find a way to convince Cutler to play for them.

A lot of fans don't like that. They scream "Cutler isn't bigger than the team." But, it comes down to management's job is to make the players happy and want to play for their team. That's all. This is a business, and to be successful you have to have a team people want to play for -- at least the key personnel who make you profitable.

All the "don't let the door hit you on the way out of town" Idiots are going to be VERY UNHAPPY when they get their way. This team is going nowhere for the next 3 years. That's just the grim meat-hook reality facing Denver fans.

Pat Bowlen has backed himself into a corner where he has to support the coach. And the coach is a 32 year old NEWBIE with a "little-man" attitude who has screwed things up.

It's not unexpected that a 25 year old QB could be immature. It's the coach's job to be the bigger-man and not "prove he's right" at the expense of winning.
                        Well, this country has slowly been inching away from a capitalist society, so don't act surprised that people hate on a guy due to the salary he makes. Frankly I find it funny that people have never complained about the salary that Jay makes until now, when in fact he currently is going to make less this year than his backup.
                        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

• The "good" news is without Cutler the Broncos may find themselves in a position to draft another franchise QB very, very quickly

Comment

*Sigh*

That's a contradiction.

Sigh...

Ok so you said it yourself he never lied about anything. All we had was interest in Cassel yet we were late to the game. We never actually tried to trade for him. I guess it means the same thing to you. It's also not a contradiction. He showed more interested obviously after the first trade proposal by another team that he said no to. He did nothing more than show interested obviously because Cassel was traded already. You are condemning him for future actions.

Bowlen might be going senile and who knows what's going on. Anyways why even bring up that since you and 50% of all Bronco fans hate McDaniels over this lie. Which was not a lie.

Comment

That's not true either.

What McDaniels stated was that they had received offers but that they were so busy working with the free agent signings that by the time they came back to the Cassel offer, he had already been dealt.
                              That's exactly what I wrote... He received offers, listened, could not go further because he was busy, and then Cassel was traded.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by dragster69 View Post
                                John showing some class as usual!
                                HA! John showing some class, I dont know if you have ever met him randomly or had a friend meet him but he is one of the most stuck up people i have ever seen as a celeb. He's turned down numerous people for quick autographs and has been plain rude to a lot of people. Yes when it comes between 83-98 he is a God but now he's just the owner of a team that isn't playing this year.

And his "Opinion" is very generic at that "They need to realize that this is about winning football games, thats it" or whatever he said is not taking one side or the other, which I understand he doesnt want to say what he really thinks and ends up on ESPN later this afternoon, okay whatever, I am not mad at anyone but John is not god, and unless he's suiting up for us, or making some calls to fix this, he's not helping

/Worthless rant off

Comment

Working...
                                X