No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st post here. Raiders Fans at work are actually making fun of me right now, and they are justified that is how far from grace the Franchise has fallen. The reason the Denver job was so attractive when it opened up is because we have Jay Cutler. So the first thing this idiot does when he arrives in Denver is try to trade him and totally upset the team, city, and fanbase. Is he purposely trying to set the Franchise back ten years, or just completely inept and in totally over his head. Take a look at our schedule next year, if we don't have Jay Cutler in the lineup we will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. I can already hear the boo'es ringing from Invesco, shame on you Pat Bowlen for allowing your once proud franchise to become a soap opera and a laughing stock in American Sports.

Comment

• I hate Deion Sanders and always have, but he is right! Cutler does need to man up and get back in there and play with a vengeance! Josh also needs man up and admit his rookie hc mistake, apologize, and end this before it turns into a full-blown Reeves/Elway cancer.

(P.S. That was good Total Access and I agree with the other analysts too but include the link in the OP, please)

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
        So the coach should make the first move as in inviting Jay in to talk to him, tell him that you know Jay no one is untradeable, you know it is a bussiness and i entertained offers and will only do what is best for the team, and then cutler get mad storm off and ask to be traded, oh wait that is exactly what happened, so who should act next.
        i don;t think the 'untradeable' thing is even part of the equation, where have you even come up with that?.....i'm sure jay understands that everybody is tradeable....my guess is that it has to do with being told he's the guy, then mcdaniels turing around and attempting to trade him and then the denial of such a deal...it's just basic honesty and laying it out on the table right away

Comment

• Originally posted by Brody Epic View Post
          1st post here. Raiders Fans at work are actually making fun of me right now, and they are justified that is how far from grace the Franchise has fallen. The reason the Denver job was so attractive when it opened up is because we have Jay Cutler. So the first thing this idiot does when he arrives in Denver is try to trade him and totally upset the team, city, and fanbase. Is he purposely trying to set the Franchise back ten years, or just completely inept and in totally over his head. Take a look at our schedule next year, if we don't have Jay Cutler in the lineup we will be lucky to win 5 or 6 games. I can already hear the boo'es ringing from Invesco, shame on you Pat Bowlen for allowing your once proud franchise to become a soap opera and a laughing stock in American Sports.
          As long as Al Davis is alive Raiders fans have nothing to laugh about.
          Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
            Couldn't agree more. The O-line last year was a revelation and the three youngsters on it (Clady, Kuper and Harris) have quickly become my favorite players on the team. Great credit to Rick Dennison and I'm really we glad we kept him and Bobby Turner around. Some credit ought to be due to Shanahan and the Goodmans as well for bringing in Clady and Wiegmann. A lot of teams would be very happy to fix their offensive line in two seasons, let alone one.

As to the OP, I think not only is Cutler scheme versatile, his days at Vanderbilt have made him extremely resilient as well. While Jim Bates' defense caught most of the blame for the 2007 debacle (they couldn't catch anything else), the horrid play of the O-line that year was severely overlooked. The fact that Cutler did just fine with the amount of pressure he faced then tells me that he can go and be successful anywhere.

A lot of people are saying, "send him to Detroit so he is stuck in a losing franchise". He revived Vanderbilt and kept us respectable when we had no business being so. Sending him to Detroit is unlikely to faze him.
            That's a great point. I wonder if the defensive line can turn around that fast as well.
            sigpic

Supporter of COLORADO sports teams. :

Comment

• Originally posted by owninit View Post
              The apology is hard because Jay want's two things in the apology.

An apology from McDaniels for trying to trade J
              AND (it's a big and)
              a shinny new record setting contract.

McDaniels appoligizing would say that yes Jay you are bigger than the team, and untradeable, will never happen everyone is tradeable.

The big contract likely won't happen because Jay is still in a contract, and the team is trying to use money to get other players, we still have needs, and can't go throwing good money at a QB that is throwing a tantrum.
              I don't think Cutler wants an apology for trying to trade him. He said himself "I can see why he would want Cassell." The bigger issue is that McDaniels LIED him. And no, I'm not saying that it's the coach's job to report to a player, but integrity goes a long way.

2nd, when was a "record setting shiny" contract the issue? Cutler wants to know that he has some security after being LIED to, IMO.

Not once has Cutler said anything about money. Now, this is where I believe Cook comes in. Of course he wants the big contract, and now is the perfect time to take advantage of the situation.

All speculation of course, just my thoughts....:go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco Fan 4 Life View Post
                let me ask you, did McDaniels pick up the phone and call the other teams and ask them to take jay off there hands. no

did he say that they were trading him, no

this is what happened the phone rang, he picked it up just to see what he could get. just like when a telemarketer calls, you pick it up to see what the deal is going to be at that time

Every team goes through this. requesting a trade would mean that they wanted to trade him. he picked up the freakin phone and listened thats all.
                If you bothered reading the other posts here, it's already been established that McDaniels admitted he was pushing a deal to get Cassel to Denver and ship Culter out.

Had McDaniels had felt that time was short with regards to landing Cassel or had more time, he would have pulled the trigger. He admitted as much to Peter King.

So with all due respect, why should Jay stay loyal to a guy and an owner who have gone out of their way to make Jay feel unwelcome and uncomfortable?
                sigpic

Comment

• All should kiss and make up so we can start getting ready for next season.

Gosh I really starting to get pissed because there is so much work to be done!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by terbronco07 View Post
                    Its obvious that he will be traded and I see the Lions making a huge push for him, does Cutler want to play for Detroit? doubtful but he isn't in a position to choose, really this is about money plain and simple After Cassel signed for 14.5 million for one year and never started one nfl game prior to last season was a shot to the face to Cutler and his agent, I believe they blew this to where it stands today and Cutler will get his wish come draft day, but keep in mind if I were Cutler I would be careful what I wish for!
                    I agree,I guess everything changed with Jay when Bowlen found out about his health problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine83 View Post
                      The irony is, if Cutler is traded, he is going to have a great career somewhere else, and all the Charger fans/Bronco fans on this board saying we should get rid of him will be the same ones saying how stupid we were for getting rid of him.

So, for the record, in my opinion, the Broncos, if they trade Jay Cutler, will be a 3-5 win team for the next 2 seasons, after which Josh McDaniels will be fired and we get to start all over again. If I am wrong, I will do the unspeakable on these boards.... I will ADMIT I was wrong I will not secretly root against the Broncos to prove myself right either. Please McDaniels, show me how stupid I am for thinking you should have patched things up with our 25-Year old Pro-Bowl QB.

Great post! I posted a similar thread last night that was deleted by the mods.

Here is another wrinkle or facet to consider: say Jay is traded for picks and or players. We are all but assured those players will have a larger cap figure than Jay would.

More importantly, lets say we get a QB or Chris Simms tears it up. We will be all but forced to instantly extend that person for big dollar and possibly have to over pay because this Cutler debacle has shown how many teams are willing to go after a proven QB.

This team would be better off if the coach swallowed his pride and did the right things to settle the situation down!

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                        Jay will move on and have a great career of 4,000 yard passing seasons with 20-25 TD's and 20-25 INT's and many, many 8-8 seasons. He will NEVER win a ring, period!!!

I predict that no matter what happens with Jay in 3 years everyone on here will be kissing McDaniels butt and saying how he is the second coming of Vince Lombardi!

Cutler is an above average QB with elite skills but will never have the mental make-up to be anything more~!

McDaniels will earn his respect from all of you! With or without Jay he will have us in the play-offs within 3 years and winning play-off games within 4 or 5, that I GUARANTEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        Honestly what are you basing all this on?
                        I can respectfully disagree about Cutler - which I base on how he has played with the talent around him so far, but what on earth could you possibly base your McDaniels prediction on?

Comment

• Originally posted by CaseP View Post
                          I would guess the majority of the 74% are fans of other teams who want Jay for themselves.
                          Absolutely........
                          Don't Panic!

Comment

Jay will move on and have a great career of 4,000 yard passing seasons with 20-25 TD's and 20-25 INT's and many, many 8-8 seasons. He will NEVER win a ring, period!!!

I predict that no matter what happens with Jay in 3 years everyone on here will be kissing McDaniels butt and saying how he is the second coming of Vince Lombardi!

Cutler is an above average QB with elite skills but will never have the mental make-up to be anything more~!

McDaniels will earn his respect from all of you! With or without Jay he will have us in the play-offs within 3 years and winning play-off games within 4 or 5, that I GUARANTEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            How can you be so sure??

Jay is already a special QB! He is one of only two QB's to go 8-8 with a team that gave up 400 or more points in a season. His defense for 2 seasons in a row now have given up 400+ points. He has had the worst defense statistically for his 37 games as a starter.

Let me ask you this: What do you think Jay would have done against our defense?

Comment

That seems to be true in the present unfortunately but people can and do change, mature, grow up. There's reasonable hope that this will happen for Jay so it is not fair or realistic to predict that everything will remain static, fixed, unchanging and that he will never win anything.

It's also not reasonable to predict McD will be another Vince Lombardi or even an average coach when he hasn't yet done anything besides fire a bunch of people and alienate our qb.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
                                Let me ask you this: What do you think Jay would have done against our defense?
                                400 yds, 4tds.

This is the most hilariously overlooked fact. Some people want to hate Jay and blame him because he is probably leaving, and it is easier to find a way to side with the beloved Broncos no matter what...
                                But the INT argument is just invalid. Playing from behind, or playing knowing you are about to be behind = More INT's. Not to mention an all-but non-existent running game.

But I'm sure whoever it is people want over Cutler would have done SOOOO much better in their 3rd year plugged into his situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X