McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CareTaker30 View Post
    I just wanna see matt throw 2 ints, Cutler 0ints 3-4tds, and 425-480yrds and go hey mcdaniels HAHAHHAH u wanted THAT guy, then pat goes yea mcdaniels ur a dumb a** and fire his a**

:cutler::cutler::cutler::cutler:
    I wan't to see Cutler overthrow Marshall (wouldn't be suprised) and hit you in the stands.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighrules View Post
      Lets say Mcdaniels gets his way and Jay is gone. Who does he bring in now? Drafting a QB will be the end of McD's coaching career in Denver unless he pulls a Flacco or Ryan out of his backside!

I do not see Bronco fans putting up with three more years of training a new QB. McD will be gone because the outrage will grow knowing they had a QB ready to grow in the NFL and tossed him to the curb.

Now lets say Jay stays. Rebuilding the defense and keeping a RB upright for more than 2 games in a row is a must. Next season must be better than 8-8 or more noise will be heard next off season.

In my opinion one person will get the AX after next season if it is unsuccessful! Will it be Jay in a trade that works or will Bowlen recall Shanahan realizing he may or may not have made a mistake, but know things have to change already in the head coaching position?
      actually if McD has it his way Jay would be on this team. If Jay had it his way he would be gone
      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
        I wan't to see Cutler overthrow Marshall (wouldn't be suprised) and hit you in the stands.
        I LOL'd this IRL. I dont think anyone would be suprised to see him overthrow anyone. He needs to put an arc on the ball or take some zip off of those throws. He would have easily had 4-5 more TD's if he didnt overthrow his receivers lol. Heres to hoping though

Comment

• Originally posted by jvw View Post
          I don't care if I am the only one saying it. Why would any fan want a disgruntled player to play, especially the QB.

What exactly has Cutler done to give him the title, "franchise" QB? What has he won for this team? People can use the pro bowl argument all they want, imo, he didn't even deserve to be there. As much as I hate Rivers, he was actually more deserving of it than Jay was. He actually faced adversity and didn't crumble, unlike Jay.

I know that the defense was bad, I don't need to be reminded of that every time the argument of Jay having a losing record comes up. He didn't exactly pass with flying colors when some so called easy games were on the table.
          He probably wouldn't be disgruntled if McDumbell had been upfront through all of this! And what "easy games" did we have? Any team can beat any other team (any given sunday)! On the pro bowl, weather he deserved it or not, he went!:go:
          Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltheads View Post
            Not only is it not the end-of-the-world, Denver would end up in better shape. They would probably end up with two defensive starters and a "potential" Pro Bowl caliber Running Back.
            That's got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Who, please give a name, has produced more 1000 yard backs than Shanahan. John Goodman could be a 1000 yard back under Shanahan's running scheme.
            Last edited by bert428; 03-21-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
              actually if McD has it his way Jay would be on this team. If Jay had it his way he would be gone
              Exactly right! McD entertained ideas when the trade included Cassel. Cassel is now in KC and the Broncos have made it clear they do not want to trade Cutler.

The only one currently wanting Cutler out of Denver is Cutler.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                Sure they will. We just put up 3 years of training Jay Cutler, and even though he's turned out as a good young talent, the Broncos organization is in as worse of a state as it's been in over 20 years.

The fanbase is still stuck in the Shanahan era where he "needs" a great QB to be successful. Meanwhile, other organizations have not only passed Denver, but become perennial contenders because they have actually focused on building an entire team.

We have a coach that believes that. Hopefully he will be given an opportunity to succeed, and does so.
                Thank you, I've been trying to get that point across in several other threads. Denver doesn't need Jay to be a successful organization. I'm not saying that they are better off without, at least this season. Building a solid defense and having a smart QB is all this team needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
                  Sure they will. We just put up 3 years of training Jay Cutler, and even though he's turned out as a good young talent, the Broncos organization is in as worse of a state as it's been in over 20 years.

The fanbase is still stuck in the Shanahan era where he "needs" a great QB to be successful. Meanwhile, other organizations have not only passed Denver, but become perennial contenders because they have actually focused on building an entire team.

We have a coach that believes that. Hopefully he will be given an opportunity to succeed, and does so.
                  We'll see how we stand this time next year! For the Denver Broncos sake, I hope we do well! Not that it matters, with all that's going on, I don't think we'll do as well as I would hope we do! Just an opinion though!
                  Haze gray and underway!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    The fact that he insisted his agent be present in all dealings with the team necessarily means he is not open to a one on one conversation with Josh McDaniels. You can not have a one on one meeting with someone if there are others in attendance. It defies the very definition of the term, one on one.
                    You are entitled to your interpretation. I however look at it differently. I think Cutler has made it clear that he doesn't trust McD. With that being the case I tend to believe he would want his agent present just in case.

McD's actions also made it clear that he is not going to do necessarily what is in Cutler's best interest. So the only one who is going to look out for Jay is him, and his agent. I think people are reading into the fact Cook was present way too much.

And I also believe what Cutler said about the way the meeting would go. He thought it would be a kiss and make-up session. So if thats the case it wouldn't make a difference if the agent is there. I have trouble believing that McD would of made a mends with Cutler if the agent wasn't there. I'm sure whatever he said in the meeting would of been exactly the same if it was only Cutler.

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    McDaniels never said anything about "even if that means trying to trade Cutler again". He made it clear that he will continue to do whatever is in the best interest of the team. If that isn't good enough for Cutler, then maybe Cutler should focus on the fact that the Broncos have been saying that they will not trade Cutler since Feb. 28.
                    Well, now you are arguing semantics. He did not say those exact words, no. Those were my words paraphrasing McD. McD said that he no one is untradeable, and that he will do whatever is in the best interest of the team. He also refused to tell Jay his future is safe in Denver.

All that = McD would be willing to trade Jay again.

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Maybe Bowlen can fix this putting Xanders in charge of whether or not Cutler gets traded. Xanders almost undoubtedly wasn't too interested in considering the proposed trade that would have sent Cassel to Denver. Maybe if Cutler knows that McDaniels has no input in whether or not he gets traded he will decide to stop pouting and get back to focusing on playing football for his teammates like he said he does.
                    I agree with this for the most part. I wish Bowlen stuck to what he said....when he said "I'm in charge now"

And when he made it clear he wanted the normal heirarchy of most teams.... 1. Owner, 2. GM, 3. Coach.

Instead --- we're right back where we were with Shanny. A coach that has all the power....a GM that no one really knows what he does...and an owner who sits on the sideline and allows anything to happen.

I think Cutler needs to realize he doesn't have a choice. I hope Denver plays hardball and forces him to show. Otherwise the guy will have a long...and painful 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by nbaballer913 View Post
                      im liking the positivity in this thread. :go:
                      Seems to be rare around here lately, huh?

Makes me sad that we are all Bronco fans....but this has made people take sides.

I really wish it wasn't like that. Taking sides isn't necessary. You can support the team and support players. For some reason people think you can't do both.

Comment

• Originally posted by antipas View Post
                        He probably wouldn't be disgruntled if McDumbell had been upfront through all of this! And what "easy games" did we have? Any team can beat any other team (any given sunday)! On the pro bowl, weather he deserved it or not, he went!:go:
                        You are right, any given Sunday, but the Raiders, Chiefs and Bills games should have been won. Games where the offense actually let the team down with poor decision making.

I know reality, I know that Jay was at the pro bowl. It's just my opinion, something these boards are full of, you know, opinions. I was saying you really can't use the pro bowl with the claims of calling Jay a franchise QB. Grease and Plummer both made the pro bowl but nobody said they were franchise QB's. What has he won for this team for him to be given that tag? I don't seem to remember him taking this team to the playoffs. If he is supposed to be a top 5 QB in this league how come at the end of every season he is sitting at home instead of playing? Don't give me defense because this is a team sport, there is no I in team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
                          Apology = new money for Jay or having to pay him a 12 million dollar roster bonus next year.

Apology = having to explain why you dumped 20 million dollars on an offense minded coach in order to hire a cheaper, younger version of the same thing.

Apology = having to explain why you ignored all the D studs available in FA, except for the one's about ready to retire that is.

There will be no apology because that is not in the owner's plans for downsizing the Bronco's in order to deal with the no-salary-cap NFL. Bowlen has NO INTENTION of opening up his pocket book any longer.

Why should he? He has his rings, there will NEVER be another CBA, and he can bank big-time gate receipts in Mile Hi and still field a very cheap, bargain basement college team.

Bronco fans will root for anything.

Right, guys?

Uh, guys? Guuuuuyyyyyyyys?

:salute!:

we also don't search for conspiracies either.
                          people have a difference in opinion and you make it seem we are like sheep following whatever.
                          most of us are tired of the bs and want this situation to end whether he stays or goes just make it end already.
                          this idea that if we don't like how jay has handle means that we agree with Josh or mangement is crap.

I have read your post long enough and you laying it on pretty thick.
                          Last edited by bklynbronco; 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM.
                          Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by IgorBStrange View Post
                            I was there in the 70's, and the revolt was more than about the QB.

So here's the story.

Charley Johnson, the reject QB who brought the Broncos out of the funk was old, beaten up and retiring. John Ralston, the coach who drafted and built the team handed the QB job to a wierdo named Steve Ramsey. Ramsey was the guy you WANTED to come off the bench. He was like the closer in Baseball, a very good one at that. As a starting QB, as I said he was weird.

In the second or third to the last game of 1976, against New England, Denver had a chance of winning and being in contention for the first ever playoff spot. The team was playing like a house on fire. Then Ramsey threw a late interception blowing the game. Most QB's in that situation would have been P**SED! Not Ramsey. He came off the field laughing like nothing had happened. John Ralston just let it go by. People wanted Ramsey hung in effigy. The fans and media demanded Ramsey be benched and the final games QB'd by rookie Norris Weese or Craig Penrose. Penrose started one and Weese started the finale. Record 9-5-0 for the season.

Yes, the players revolted on Ralston. He was an excellent talent evaluator and knew how to draft. Ralston, though was not a good motivator and in all honest should never have handed the team over to Ramsey. Ralston pulled off some awesome trades for over-the-hill guys like Charley Johnson, Bill Laskey, Ray May, Bobby Maples but also traded long time stalwarts like Rich "Tombstone" Jackson and Dave Costa. Ralston was the one who really turned the team around, but could only take it so far.

Then Gerald Phipps hired a no nonsense, harda$$ coach named Robert "Red" Miller, the OC for the New England Patriots of 1976. He traded for Morton, FS Bernard Jackson, OC Mike Montler, claimed LT Andy Maurer off waivers and let Joe Collier run the show on defense.

The rest is history.
                            Thank you for taking the time out to give the readers the details of the revolt, Igor.

It would appear that about half of Bronco Nation could really care less though....they just want to run another player out of town.

I wonder who they want to run out next year?

Huh.....

Comment

• If we lose Cutler, McDaniels can save his career in Denver with DEFENSE. He has already proved he can lead a top 10 offense with an average QB (physical skill wise) if he has great offensive weapons to go along with him (which denver has). If he can turn this defense into a power house (already made a huge step with the signing of Mike Nolan and Dawkins) then Denver will have a better season than last year. I feel that the people who think we are doomed in Cutler is gone just assume that our defense is going to be as bad under McDaniels as it was under Shannahan, and I highly doubt that will be the case. If McDaniels knows anything its that he knows Shanahan wasn't fired because he didnt' know offense, but because he couldn't field a defense. I'm certain that whether we lose Cutler or not, this defense will make great strides on defense, which in turn will help the offense, which will surely lead to more wins.

Comment

• Our future is bright!

Perhaps Jay should talk with Tom Brady, Or Matt Cassel about McD. He could talk with Elway. Point is he should talk to people in the know not some sleazy money grubbing agent who keeps "cooking"up these schemes to benefit himself. McD Is going to build us a solid contending team and I truly believe we have a good coach in the making. Perhaps he could smooth things over with Jay differently than was attempted. Whether Jay goes or stays it should at least be based on real facts and real discussions. Put McD and Jay together and leave them alone to sort it out by themselves. Jay check with his previous QB's to see how they feel about McD. Make the decisions on truths and facts not hurt feelings and hungry agents BS. Think with your head and heart together and then make a decision. Then whatever you decide about staying with Denver or moving on can be clearer. Talk to Elway too. These QB's have been successful and have been where you want to go (except Cassel). However Cassel for not playing since HS and having a season like that spells alot for McD. The balls in your court on this.
                                Always in support of my team. No matter what!:go:

Comment

Working...
                                X