X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy8
    replied
    Can someone get the OP some tissue?

Seriously, at this point what is McDaniels supposed to have proven. Sure, he hasn't proven he can win yet, but he also hasn't lost us any games yet.

Why don't we let the guy coach first before saying whether he's good or bad?

Most of this seems to stem from the whole Cutler trade. Bitter much?

I'm sure a lot of people were bitter too when the Patriots replaced their number 1 draft pick, All-Pro, Rocket-armed, took-New England-to-the-Superbowl QB Drew Bledsoe with a lanky, couldn't pass for 3,000 yards in a season guy named Tom Brady. Bledsoe could have played. As a matter of fact, he did play against Pittsburgh when Brady went down with an ankle injury.

The Cleveland fans also cried in their pillows at night when Belichick got rid of Hall-of-Famer Bernie Kosar. They went 11-5 the following year.

Those 2 instances seem to have worked out well. So maybe this will too. But we won't know until the Broncos take the field.
    Last edited by Crazy8; 05-28-2009, 05:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peerless
    replied
    Originally posted by Lvegasbronco78 View Post
    dude,
    first off, 1st year coach, kyle orton, chris simms, ????? no defense, take away the reason we one our games. Its a stupid move, yea I like cutler he was the next coming of elway!!!!! I just think that he has started off in a bad bad lets say "first impression" and you only get one!!!! thats it, now I am giving this guy a chance but dam right i'm upset and if u are a true fan and have went through the plummer, griese, etc. days u might be a little upset, so take youre wise %^%&* remarks and quit sticking up for the guy. He did alot in new england yes, but belecheat was ther main brains......... And yes I will root for cutler, I hope he tears up our "new defense?" man they just blasted our "d" on nfl live... be real man and get off your fellow fans , we on the same side!!! Little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who-ever gives the negative marks , web master , hope that this isn't too much, i have been dinged but you have alot of idiots on this site and I appreciate you trying to keep the code of conduct under raps but this guy is very deserving!!!
    I'm sorry, but reading this post just gave me a headache.

(And I'm one of the Cutler supporters)

Leave a comment:

• Lvegasbronco78
    replied
    well, what if someone took your dildo (mcdaniels)

dude,
    first off, 1st year coach, kyle orton, chris simms, ????? no defense, take away the reason we one our games. Its a stupid move, yea I like cutler he was the next coming of elway!!!!! I just think that he has started off in a bad bad lets say "first impression" and you only get one!!!! thats it, now I am giving this guy a chance but dam right i'm upset and if u are a true fan and have went through the plummer, griese, etc. days u might be a little upset, so take youre wise %^%&* remarks and quit sticking up for the guy. He did alot in new england yes, but belecheat was ther main brains......... And yes I will root for cutler, I hope he tears up our "new defense?" man they just blasted our "d" on nfl live... be real man and get off your fellow fans , we on the same side!!! Little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Who-ever gives the negative marks , web master , hope that this isn't too much, i have been dinged but you have alot of idiots on this site and I appreciate you trying to keep the code of conduct under raps but this guy is very deserving!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by jhns View Post
    I guess we feel we are superior to the NFL though.
    I think you finally got it!!!!

Leave a comment:

• AC1
    replied
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    I have to believe extending Bledsoe wasn't Belichick's call. He started coaching the team in 2000. I'm not sure Belichick had control enough to say yes or no to front office decisions at that time. It's pretty well documented that Bledsoe drove Belichick insane. The evidence points to Kraft since Bledsoe took the team to the Superbowl before. My source is a Charlie Weis actually. I'm sure he was in the meetings somewhere considering he coached them.

Brady got hurt against Pittsburgh, and Bledsoe came back in. According to the stat sheet, Bledsoe did good, but he made some of his trademark errors that Pittsburgh didn't capitalize on. So Belichick had that comparison and thought it best to stick with Brady.

To be honest, it was Brady not screwing up that kept him in the game. Brady in 15 games threw for 2,843 yards 18 TDs and 12 Ints in 2001. Those are very Kyle Orton like numbers wouldn't you say?

So, why replace a record-setting Pro Bowl caliber QB with someone who puts up numbers like Kyle Orton?

My point is that we've seen this before. It's not unprecedented. A strong-armed, record-setting, Pro Bowl QB replaced by a guy who can't even pass for 3,000 yards in a season. I'm sure there was a Patriots fan just like you pointing at the numbers calling Belichick a fool for getting rid of Drew Bledsoe. Heck it was probably even worse because Bledsoe did take the team to the Superbowl, while Cutler hasn't even taken us to the playoffs.

Also, keep in mind that Belichick also got rid of Bernie Kosar while in Cleveland and went with Vinnie Testeverde.

For some reason, it doesn't matter who you are as a QB. Pro Bowler, Hall of Famer, it doesn't matter. If you're not their type of QB, you're going to be gone.
    I think it is extremely naive to think that belichick would have handled Cutler even remotely the way McDaniels did. Comparing the benching of an above-average starter in the second half of his career, with the alienating and trading away of a 25-year-old QB, widely regarded as one of the best young QBs in the game is quite erroneous IMO. Shanahan's benching of Plummer might be a better parallel for the Bledsoe benching.

Belichick is a man with a huge ego. But he doesn't let it get in the way of putting the best possible team on the field. Mangini and McDaniels come across as guys mimicing the first part, without bothering to understand the second.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    Originally posted by the-shuffler View Post
    I did look it up. How do you think I have the information posted above?

About Bledsoe, He signed that 100 million dollar contract in March of 2001. Why would the Patriots do that if Bellichick planned on replacing him in September with Brady?

It doesnt make any sense. The reason that Brady was put in is because Bledsoe was injured. The only reason Brady Stayed in, was because Bellichick liked what he saw. If Brady stunk up the place, guess who would have been back in the line up.... Bledsoe.
    I have to believe extending Bledsoe wasn't Belichick's call. He started coaching the team in 2000. I'm not sure Belichick had control enough to say yes or no to front office decisions at that time. It's pretty well documented that Bledsoe drove Belichick insane. The evidence points to Kraft since Bledsoe took the team to the Superbowl before. My source is a Charlie Weis actually. I'm sure he was in the meetings somewhere considering he coached them.

Brady got hurt against Pittsburgh, and Bledsoe came back in. According to the stat sheet, Bledsoe did good, but he made some of his trademark errors that Pittsburgh didn't capitalize on. So Belichick had that comparison and thought it best to stick with Brady.

To be honest, it was Brady not screwing up that kept him in the game. Brady in 15 games threw for 2,843 yards 18 TDs and 12 Ints in 2001. Those are very Kyle Orton like numbers wouldn't you say?

So, why replace a record-setting Pro Bowl caliber QB with someone who puts up numbers like Kyle Orton?

My point is that we've seen this before. It's not unprecedented. A strong-armed, record-setting, Pro Bowl QB replaced by a guy who can't even pass for 3,000 yards in a season. I'm sure there was a Patriots fan just like you pointing at the numbers calling Belichick a fool for getting rid of Drew Bledsoe. Heck it was probably even worse because Bledsoe did take the team to the Superbowl, while Cutler hasn't even taken us to the playoffs.

Also, keep in mind that Belichick also got rid of Bernie Kosar while in Cleveland and went with Vinnie Testeverde.

For some reason, it doesn't matter who you are as a QB. Pro Bowler, Hall of Famer, it doesn't matter. If you're not their type of QB, you're going to be gone.

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied

About Bledsoe, He signed that 100 million dollar contract in March of 2001. Why would the Patriots do that if Bellichick planned on replacing him in September with Brady?

It doesnt make any sense. The reason that Brady was put in is because Bledsoe was injured. The only reason Brady Stayed in, was because Bellichick liked what he saw. If Brady stunk up the place, guess who would have been back in the line up.... Bledsoe.
    I have to believe extending Bledsoe wasn't Belichick's call. He started coaching the team in 2000. I'm not sure Belichick had control enough to say yes or no to front office decisions at that time. It's pretty well documented that Bledsoe drove Belichick insane. My source is a Charlie Weis actually. I'm sure he was in the meetings somewhere considering he coached them.

My point is that we've seen this before. It's not unprecedented. A strong-armed, record-setting, Pro Bowl QB replaced by a guy who can't even pass for 3,000 yards in a season. I'm sure there was a Patriots fan just like you pointing at the numbers calling Belichick a fool for getting rid of Drew Bledsoe.

For some reason, it doesn't matter who you are as a QB. If you're not their type of QB, you're going to be gone.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    OK OK OK...I admit it already. I traded Jay Cutler. Yep, I did it. I ain't ashamed of it.

I'll trade DJ next if you want to get salty about it!

Leave a comment:

• the-shuffler
    replied
    Well, the Brady/Bledsoe scenario is VERY different.
    1) Bellichick was NOT a rookie Head Coach when Bledsoe was "Pulled". He was in his second year with the Pats, and had previously coached the browns.
    2) Bledsoe was injured, which is why Bellichick had to "Bench Bledsoe"
    3) If Brady was terrible, Bellichick could have put Bledsoe back in.

In the case of McDaniels and the missing QB
    1) McDaniels IS a rookie head coach and has traded the QB away
    2) It was NOT due to injury. In fact, McDaniels now has a QB who was "injured" for half of last year with a sprained ankle.
    3) If Orton doesnt pan out... McDaniels cannot go back to the old QB.
    Originally posted by Crazy8 View Post
    There was talk about Brady being more than a back-up BEFORE the season even started and Bledsoe got hurt. I can cite a source for you, but you would have to go and get the book yourself if you'd like. Like I said, Belichick was not a fan of Bledsoe. The 100 million dollar contract that Bledsoe had also played a huge part in keeping Bledsoe. Cutler didn't have a 100 million dollar contract.

Let's say McD saw big holes in Cutler's game. That's the only thing that makes sense here. So why not address it now? Why wait until later? Because at best you're wasting a year or 2 with a QB that you don't have confidence in that you know is going to be making mistakes left and right. If Cutler's not good in McD's system, then his trade value will go down, and that means Cutler's trade value will never be higher than it was when he was dealt. Judging from how McD has handled this, I don't think McD wants to go back to the old QB. I think he'd rather take his chances in the draft if Orton or Simms don't work out.

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
    So now we base our decisions off of what the rest of the league does ? because hey they are never wrong viewing the situation from the outside ...right ?
    That is exactly what I am saying.

Leave a comment:

• KO8pectate
    replied
    Originally posted by jhns View Post
    A lot of the rest of the league bid a LOT to tell Jay he is untouchable.

So now we base our decisions off of what the rest of the league does ? because hey they are never wrong viewing the situation from the outside ...right ?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hockey Guy
    replied
    About the Money or About Respect?

OK, I got sucked back into Cutler v. McDaniels.

Did anyone come up with any credible report that Cook hit the Broncos up for an extension to Cutler's salary at a higher price?

Has anyone reported that Chicago is renegotiating Cutler's contract or that even a request has been made?

Leave a comment:

• jhns
    replied
    Originally posted by KO8pectate View Post
    Since when did making the pro bowl get confused with being an all pro player ?

Since when did making the pro bowl give a player more say the coach no matter how long hes been coaching ?

If jay wanted to be a Bronco he would be a Bronco but he thought like it seems many fans did as well that because he made the pro bowl that he was untouchable and played a dangerous game of show me the money with the front office and lost .
    A lot of the rest of the league bid a LOT to tell Jay he is untouchable.

Leave a comment:

• KO8pectate
    replied
    Since when did making the pro bowl get confused with being an all pro player ?

Since when did making the pro bowl give a player more say the coach no matter how long hes been coaching ?

If jay wanted to be a Bronco he would be a Bronco but he thought like it seems many fans did as well that because he made the pro bowl that he was untouchable and played a dangerous game of show me the money with the front office and lost .

Leave a comment:

• Crazy8
    replied
    Well, the Brady/Bledsoe scenario is VERY different.
    1) Bellichick was NOT a rookie Head Coach when Bledsoe was "Pulled". He was in his second year with the Pats, and had previously coached the browns.
    2) Bledsoe was injured, which is why Bellichick had to "Bench Bledsoe"
    3) If Brady was terrible, Bellichick could have put Bledsoe back in.

In the case of McDaniels and the missing QB
    1) McDaniels IS a rookie head coach and has traded the QB away
    2) It was NOT due to injury. In fact, McDaniels now has a QB who was "injured" for half of last year with a sprained ankle.
    3) If Orton doesnt pan out... McDaniels cannot go back to the old QB.

There was talk about Brady being more than a back-up BEFORE the season even started and Bledsoe got hurt. I can cite a source for you, but you would have to go and get the book yourself if you'd like. Like I said, Belichick was not a fan of Bledsoe. The 100 million dollar contract that Bledsoe had also played a huge part in keeping Bledsoe. Cutler didn't have a 100 million dollar contract.

Let's say McD saw big holes in Cutler's game. That's the only thing that makes sense here. So why not address it now? Why wait until later? Because at best you're wasting a year or 2 with a QB that you don't have confidence in that you know is going to be making mistakes left and right. If Cutler's not good in McD's system, then his trade value will go down, and that means Cutler's trade value will never be higher than it was when he was dealt. Judging from how McD has handled this, I don't think McD wants to go back to the old QB. I think he'd rather take his chances in the draft if Orton or Simms don't work out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X