No announcement yet.

McD / Cutler mess (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems the players and the coaches also agreed with the fans in voting...... :salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
      More people like him!

Go Jay on the Pro Bowl!
      One word for you: Word!

Comment

• The funny thing is all you heard from the fans of the San Diego Doormats last year was how the only thing that matter to QBs is wins. Now all of a sudden, they've discovered a new religion and are going on and on about how passer rating is the most important aspect. These guys probably worship Plummer (wins) and Griese (passer rating).
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

• Congrats Jay and Brandon!!

We are proud of your achievements this year!

Now go kick some Buffalo Bills behinds!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AC1 View Post
            The funny thing is all you heard from the fans of the San Diego Doormats last year was how the only thing that matter to QBs is wins. Now all of a sudden, they've discovered a new religion and are going on and on about how passer rating is the most important aspect. These guys probably worship Plummer (wins) and Griese (passer rating).
            Not true, at least for this Chargers fan. I still think wins is the most important stat there is. In fact, when it comes down to it, wins is the only stat. Rivers has not won this year...so I'm ok with him not going to the ProBowl if that is what the selection is based upon. Of course, Culter should be left off the team as well under those rules considering there are 7 other AFC QB's with more wins this year then your boy.

The truth is the ProBowl is "supposed" to recognize individual excellence over team performance, yet in reality the ProBowl is and always has been a popularity contest.

How else does Gates go to the PB? He has done very little this year, yet he's a big name. Dielman? I love the guy, but he has played like Sh*& this year.

Congrats to Cutler for making the squad. He's popular I guess... good for him. But, if the orange colored glasses ever come off you'd agree he hasn't outplayed Rivers this year. As for wins? Cutler has the edge and maybe that makes the difference.

I want so much to say out loud how they would both be 7-7 right now if Ed Hochuli had made the correct call in week 2, but that might sound like sour-grapes so I'll just keep that one to myself.

All I hope for is for Cutler to keep playing at his ProBowl form like he did the in Carolina on Sunday. If he keeps it up, then even the "wins" stat may not be in his favor by the end of next Sunday (Dec 28).

Comment

• Originally posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
              I want so much to say out loud how they would both be 7-7 right now if Ed Hochuli had made the correct call in week 2, but that might sound like sour-grapes so I'll just keep that one to myself.
              You just did.
              Originally posted by darth-hideous
              Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
              Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
                You just did.
                I did? Oops

Comment

I did? Oops
                  I won't tell
                  Originally posted by darth-hideous
                  Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
                  Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

Not true, at least for this Chargers fan. I still think wins is the most important stat there is. In fact, when it comes down to it, wins is the only stat. Rivers has not won this year...so I'm ok with him not going to the ProBowl if that is what the selection is based upon. Of course, Culter should be left off the team as well under those rules considering there are 7 other AFC QB's with more wins this year then your boy.

The truth is the ProBowl is "supposed" to recognize individual excellence over team performance, yet in reality the ProBowl is and always has been a popularity contest.

How else does Gates go to the PB? He has done very little this year, yet he's a big name. Dielman? I love the guy, but he has played like Sh*& this year.

Congrats to Cutler for making the squad. He's popular I guess... good for him. But, if the orange colored glasses ever come off you'd agree he hasn't outplayed Rivers this year. As for wins? Cutler has the edge and maybe that makes the difference.

All I hope for is for Cutler to keep playing at his ProBowl form like he did the in Carolina on Sunday. If he keeps it up, then even the "wins" stat may not be in his favor by the end of next Sunday (Dec 28).
                    I disagree with this. Not just because your a chargers fan either. Look at Vince young last year. What was his record? What were his stats? I think it was 16 picks 8 td's. QB's may be the most important position in football, but they are only part of half of a team. Offense and defense are the two halves. A qb has very little control about how his defense performs. The only control he has is the field position he gives the other offense in some situations. INT's Fumbles etc. Then on offense theres no way he has control over how well his oline does, or wether the WR's catch or drop the passes. The only way you can even mention wins in the discussion of how good a qb is, is when the game is on the line, and he either succeeds or fails. This is implying that the rest of his team is doing their job. Rivers is a good example of this because he is usually not good in the clutch. He did pretty good against KC i give him that but thats not saying much. I dont think the rest of the team has been helping him out much though. Cutler has led us to some game winning drives. Take SD for example sorry i had too.
                    :salute!:

Comment

• I think Cutler should be the starting QB for the Probowl. If Favre had all those good things to say about Cutler, and then Denver wins against the Jets. I don't see how the option can be more clear than to start Cutler.
                      R.I.P Darrent Williams #27
                      R.I.P Damien Nash #29

Comment

• Originally posted by JrtheFreak View Post
                        More people like him!

Go Jay on the Pro Bowl!
                        I dont know that people like Cutler more, but the way Rivers acted last year on the sidelines in a few games with the taunting and imature stuff couldnt have helped his cause, fans of the Chargers may have been fine with it but my guess is the rest of the country saw it as stupid and foolish, people have a hard time admiring someone that acts like that with the poor sportsmanship.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Anduhroo View Post
                          I disagree with this. Not just because your a chargers fan either. Look at Vince young last year. What was his record? What were his stats? I think it was 16 picks 8 td's. QB's may be the most important position in football, but they are only part of half of a team. Offense and defense are the two halves. A qb has very little control about how his defense performs. The only control he has is the field position he gives the other offense in some situations. INT's Fumbles etc. Then on offense theres no way he has control over how well his oline does, or wether the WR's catch or drop the passes. The only way you can even mention wins in the discussion of how good a qb is, is when the game is on the line, and he either succeeds or fails. This is implying that the rest of his team is doing their job. Rivers is a good example of this because he is usually not good in the clutch. He did pretty good against KC i give him that but thats not saying much. I dont think the rest of the team has been helping him out much though. Cutler has led us to some game winning drives. Take SD for example sorry i had too.
                          I agree with all of that. But my point about stats vs. wins is simple in my mind. The objective for any team is to win. Nothing more. I, and I include the over inflated egos of the Chargers in this statement, but I HATE for players to look at individual accomplishments, number of probowl selections, # of sacks, # of TD passes thrown, caught, run etc, over wins and losses. Why do I care that Rivers leads in TD passes, QB rating, TD%, YPC, etc.? All I see is the team is at 6-8 and needing a miracle to sneak into the playoffs at 8-8. It hurts to write that...8-8...and that's the best I can hope for. The funny thing is, for all the hate on Rivers around the league, he's one of the few guys out there who I truly beleive care less about his stats than I do. He just wants to win....if it's pretty then great, if its ugly, then so be it. Just friggin win.
                          On the other hand, I look at Rivers production in all those stats above and know we have a pretty damn good QB in our huddle. Much the same way you all do with Cutler.

PS

Dear Santa, All I want for X-mas is for the game on Dec 28 to have playoff implications. If we play and lose, then fine, the Broncos are a better team, but having that chance after such a pathetic season would be nice.

PSS

Just keep Hochuli away. Jes' sayin.

Comment

• Cutler over Rivers any day.
                            Free Sports Betting BettorFan.com - Free Sports Betting. Win Real Cash.

Comment

I agree with all of that. But my point about stats vs. wins is simple in my mind. The objective for any team is to win. Nothing more. I, and I include the over inflated egos of the Chargers in this statement, but I HATE for players to look at individual accomplishments, number of probowl selections, # of sacks, # of TD passes thrown, caught, run etc, over wins and losses. Why do I care that Rivers leads in TD passes, QB rating, TD%, YPC, etc.? All I see is the team is at 6-8 and needing a miracle to sneak into the playoffs at 8-8. It hurts to write that...8-8...and that's the best I can hope for. The funny thing is, for all the hate on Rivers around the league, he's one of the few guys out there who I truly beleive care less about his stats than I do. He just wants to win....if it's pretty then great, if its ugly, then so be it. Just friggin win.
                              On the other hand, I look at Rivers production in all those stats above and know we have a pretty damn good QB in our huddle. Much the same way you all do with Cutler.

PS

Dear Santa, All I want for X-mas is for the game on Dec 28 to have playoff implications. If we play and lose, then fine, the Broncos are a better team, but having that chance after such a pathetic season would be nice.

PSS

Just keep Hochuli away. Jes' sayin.

Even though you are a Chargers fan, I like you. You don't randomly insult players on our team like so many of your comrades.

I think Cutler and Rivers are both good players. HOWEVER, Cutler is the soul of the Denver team whereas Rivers still has LT and Gates. If we had any RB this year I think someone else might have edged Cutler, but the fact that he has carried this team, I think, pushed him in.

I would trade all 8 running backs we've played this year for LT, just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                                Even though you are a Chargers fan, I like you. You don't randomly insult players on our team like so many of your comrades.

I think Cutler and Rivers are both good players. HOWEVER, Cutler is the soul of the Denver team whereas Rivers still has LT and Gates. If we had any RB this year I think someone else might have edged Cutler, but the fact that he has carried this team, I think, pushed him in.

I would trade all 8 running backs we've played this year for LT, just saying.
                                You make some pretty valid points, I must admit. Cutler has carried the offense on his back. If he were on any other team I'd really be pulling for the guy. The way my beloved Bolts have played this year under Norb "Please God make AJ come to his senses" Turnip, they really don't deserve to be even thinking playoffs. That being said, I think that Philip has really proved a couple of things this year: that he can carry the team when needed, and that he is not the big-mouthed jerk you guys make him out to be. You guys need to get over that just as much as we need to let the Hochuli thing go...

Jay Cutler: The Face of Broncos Football

Comment

Working...
                                X