Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Spending By The Broncos

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f043dd

This does not include the Goodman signing, but the NFL Network guys like what we've done so far.

I concur. All we need is another couple of good signings in FA (one more front 7 player for sure) and we're off to the draft, with a better team and the chance to be a contender in 09.

I like ALL the signings except

Good man and Arrington

Both really dumb signings ESPECIALLY ARRINGTON.
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post

Good man and Arrington

I can somewhat agree wit you on the arrington thing, he is basically a kick returner!! But Goodman is a good player!!! Had a very nice season!!

Comment

Good man and Arrington

arrington is not yet signed

Comment

Originally posted by dbsoldier View Post
          I can somewhat agree wit you on the arrington thing, he is basically a kick returner!! But Goodman is a good player!!! Had a very nice season!!
          Arrington didn't sign.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
            Yep, just watched that clip. I agree, we have spread out money our more and more effectively than WA.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Apoc13 View Post
              Really? I love you guys!! Did Buckhalter sign because i wanted him...
              -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Really? I love you guys!! Did Buckhalter sign because i wanted him...
                Yes......................
                sigpic

Comment

You know, for those who want to sulk, you're going to miss a good, solid offseason of signings. We're a better team, and we have some FA action and a whole bunch of draft picks awaiting us.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    You know, for those who want to sulk, you're going to miss a good, solid offseason of signings. We're a better team, and we have some FA action and a whole bunch of draft picks awaiting us.
                    Actually, until the QB and coach clear things up... we are not a better team.

Comment

Has anyone mentioned all that money we gave to a new Long snapper, when Mike leach was doing fine.

Comment

I don't know.

It seems like we are trying to fix a lot of things that weren't broke and ignoring things that are.

Adding a long snapper, then getting rid of our current long snapper. There was nothing wrong there. Removing something that works is risky at best.

Adding a running back. Ok, we had 7-9 rbs in the fold. Then we released many of them. Out of those, most showed some flashes. The weird rash of injuries that we saw at the position will probably never happen again. Some of the realeased players had or have ability/potential.
                        I liked what I saw of Pittman (tough running) and aldridge to name a few.
                        So now we try to bring in more faces at running back. Hello? We have to have the same running back play at least two years back to back to have them make progress. Have we not learned that lesson yet? Or will the revolving door continue always hoping the next guy is it?

We added one defensive lineman. Basically a backup player.
                        Sorry, but last I checked, this has been our problem for about 3-4 years now.
                        Why not address this area with a little bit more depth and priority.
                        Since we realeased a few guys, we are worse in our worst area. Yikes

Mucking with our QB and tight ends? I'm not going to beat a dead horse on this topic, but just want to add: Bad move.

The only player I'm somewhat excited about is Dawkins. I'm hoping he still has something left in the tank. If nothing else, I hope the team feeds off of his energy and experience.

So in my perspective, we have upset the team chemisty a lot (many players cut, added so-so replacements, pissed off most of the existing), not addressed the biggest need area (DLine), and tried to fix things that were not broke.
                        Rookie GM & Coach mistakes. Let's hope they can coach a game better than
                        they do damage control.
                        (Even thought I'm very negative, I still hold out some hope that everything will turn out ok. But its hope, not faith.)

Comment

I like every pickup the Broncos have made so far. As long as we get a stud on the DL in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                            Has anyone mentioned all that money we gave to a new Long snapper, when Mike leach was doing fine.
                            I still don't get why we did that, but other than that I like all our signings so far, does anyone know if we still have a chance at bartell

Comment

Originally posted by housemouse View Post

I bet Leach will go to New England LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X