Orange Jersey Switch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Blue Crush sounds better. Thet's bring on a new era! We live in the past too much.

Blue jerseys look cooler too.
    IN YOUR OPINION.

IMO, there was nothing cooler than the sea of orange at the old Mile High on Sundays.
    sigpic

Comment

Good, I've been wanting SD to switch to our powder blues too.

I love funky uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
        Fixed the sig i see,.
        Yes I sure did

Comment

The blue is BORING! And switching to the color scheme to (for real this time) predominatntly orange is both respectful to the history of the franchise and signifies a new era for the Donx.

John Elway and Terrell Davis are long gone, and it's time their blue jerseys were too.

Comment

If they're going to switch to the orange jersey's they should also switch the pants and make the blue ones home. They would look better with the orange jersey's.
            sigpic
            MILE HIGH TIL I DIE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RickyVoorhees View Post
              If they're going to switch to the orange jersey's they should also switch the pants and make the blue ones home. They would look better with the orange jersey's.
              Orange Jerseys and...Plaid pants. They'd scare the bejesus out of the competition. Or make their eyes bleed, ensuring victory.
              Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

I heard years ago that Bowlen was the reason behind the change to dark blue, as he "hates" orange. Has that changed?
                In Manning I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
                  I heard years ago that Bowlen was the reason behind the change to dark blue, as he "hates" orange. Has that changed?
                  I heard the same thing, lets hope he softens to orange and hardens to McDouch#bag!

Comment

Its actually not true that no teams in the league are wearing an orange home alternate, the Bears have worn one several times the past few years, including the 2008 season, I believe.

All the more reason to re-claim the Orange Crush.
                    sigpic

TZ

Comment

Originally posted by RickyVoorhees View Post
                      That wouldn't work. The orange jerseys have a blue stripe down the sides, so how can that be continued on blue pants? Or by the same token, the blue pants have an orange stripe, so how can that be continued on an orange jersey? No, if they're going for the orange jerseys it has to be with the road white pants with the blue stripe.

I posted about the possible switch to the orange jerseys a couple of days ago when the pics of Dawkins' jersey were first released. I have to say that I really like the look of the orange jersey. As somebody else has said in this thread, we'll have to see what jersey the first draft pick is given. Time will tell.
                      The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

The orange jersey is great, but the one from the Elway era... And if they change to orange, they should also change the away games uniforms, and have the pants orange , just like in the late 70s... They looked awesome...
                        sigpic

Comment

We lost 3 superbowls in orange. We won 2 as in blue. That would be stupid to switch to orange. I don't like the look of it either. Keep it for the cheifs.

Comment

Originally posted by The other big D View Post
                            We lost 3 superbowls in orange. We won 2 as in blue. That would be stupid to switch to orange. I don't like the look of it either. Keep it for the cheifs.
                            no offense, but the superbowl argument is really kind of played out lol... not saying i dont agree with you though, i'm not a big fan of the new orange for day games...
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Worst. Reasoning. EVAR.

Originally posted by The other big D View Post
                              We lost 3 superbowls in orange. We won 2 as in blue.
                              We lost FOUR Super Bowls in orange. Or rather we won four AFC Championships.

I would say that more than the color blue, we won two superbowls with the combination of #7, TD, Shannon Sharpe, Steve Atwater, John Mobley, Elam, Tanuvasa, Schlereth, etc.

Unless we hire a Hooloovoo as a coach, the color blue won't do squat for us. [/nerd].

Comment

Originally posted by BroncomaniacUK View Post
                                That wouldn't work. The orange jerseys have a blue stripe down the sides, so how can that be continued on blue pants? Or by the same token, the blue pants have an orange stripe, so how can that be continued on an orange jersey? No, if they're going for the orange jerseys it has to be with the road white pants with the blue stripe.
                                True, without modifying some of the pants, they'd have to stick with the road white pants they have now, but a couple of slight modifications would make for a much less drab road uniform. I've mocked up what I think they ought to use for their standard uniforms, as well as some variations on what they could do to get rid of the white pants on the road (and home) uniforms.

Normal standard uniforms

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/362...lstandards.jpg

Modified uniforms

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...wstandards.jpg

I know the team can't take unsolicited designs from anyone, per league rules, so I'll go ahead and say this is NOT my offer of artwork to the team. I would love for them to implement some of these changes, though.

I'd also love to hear what my fellow Bronco fans think of this stuff.
                                Last edited by CaptainPoncho; 03-03-2009, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X