• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CaptainPoncho
    Practice Squad
    • Nov 2003

Orange Jersey Switch!

When Denver introduced Dawkins at the press conference on Saturday, they held up his jersey, but not in the standard home blue uniform. They used the orange.

The Broncos can, before the season begins, designate their "alternate" orange jerseys as the primary home uniform, and some suspect seeing Dawkins' orange jersey indicates that's what they're doing. Both Atlanta and Tennessee have made the switch to what used to be their alternate jerseys, and IMHO, that's what the Broncos need to do.

There are seven teams currently sporting navy blue jerseys as their primary jerseys at home and zero wearing orange. Orange has always been a Broncos trademark, and it's time we switch back. With the new regime coming in, so the timing couldn't be better.

Keep the navy uniforms as the alternates, and pull them out for home night games, but use the orange as the primary!
  • giocatore4
    Practice Squad
    • Dec 2005

I was wondering that myself.

Maybe they just did it for B. Dawk as he is a Clemson product and wore the orange when he was there.

Would be nice to have the oranges back on a more regular basis though. :salute!:

Giocatore4

Comment

• Adrenaline
      Starter
      • Feb 2005

Ya seen the orange #20 Dawkins jersey.

Think it would be a good idea to wear them full time. I heard that Shanahan didn't really like them thats why they didn't come out every year.

Comment

• Accordngs
        Special Teams
        • Oct 2003

I was wondering about this myself.

Bowlen even made a comment I remember that we need to get back to the "Orange" as Denver's color.

So I am wondering after that statement, and now this picture with Dawkins....if Orange is going to be our home jersey's again.

I hope so!

Comment

• garzjoe
          Playmaker
          • Feb 2008

When we had our old unis and changed from Orange to Dark Blue I was not feeling the change. The new unis grew on me (especially since we won 2 Superbowls in them. Anyway I like when we change to the Orange unis as a change of pace but truthfully I would not want them back as our primary Jersey. However I think we should break em out 2 times a year, maybe against rivals or big National TV games. That’s just my :2cents:

Thx,
          Joe
          To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

• troylightfoot
            Practice Squad
            • Jul 2007

now i might alone on this would but i think adding black would be cool too. orange blue and black. The mets home uniform is like that sometimes and it looks sweet. We could just use more orange.

see the shirt.

something like that but with more orange and black pants too! would be a sweet alt uniform.

Comment

• broncos SB2010
              All-Time Great
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CaptainPoncho View Post
              When Denver introduced Dawkins at the press conference on Saturday, they held up his jersey, but not in the standard home blue uniform. They used the orange.

The Broncos can, before the season begins, designate their "alternate" orange jerseys as the primary home uniform, and some suspect seeing Dawkins' orange jersey indicates that's what they're doing. Both Atlanta and Tennessee have made the switch to what used to be their alternate jerseys, and IMHO, that's what the Broncos need to do.

There are seven teams currently sporting navy blue jerseys as their primary jerseys at home and zero wearing orange. Orange has always been a Broncos trademark, and it's time we switch back. With the new regime coming in, so the timing couldn't be better.

Keep the navy uniforms as the alternates, and pull them out for home night games, but use the orange as the primary!

It's hard to bring back the Orange Crush when they wear blue......Blue Crush??? Nope...also hoping for the orange jerseys!
              sigpic

Comment

• DeanZ
                Practice Squad
                • Feb 2009

More power for the Orange...I love the orange and well we might just have a defence this year so it would be appropriate

Comment

• Orange Madness
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Aug 2008

I was hoping the Dawkins jersey was a sign of things to come...Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment

• BarkdogRX7
                    Banned User
                    • Aug 2004

I think there has to be something to it, in the past all the guys we signed or drafted all held up blues, the true sign (Unless revealed before then) will be the draft ,because our guys will take pics and hold up jerseys...if they're orange, it's a pretty safe bet. I agree - how can we bring back the Orange Crush mentality wearing blue

Comment

• Beerhaver
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jun 2007

When I saw the pic of Dawkins holding up the ORANGE jersey, I was fired up! And given that the team is going through so much turmoil due to Lil' Mac, Cutler, and Marshall, it's the one bright point so far this season...

Lots of teams wear dark blue, and if you include light blues, purples, and greenish blues, durn near most of the league wears blue as their primary color.

The only team with an orange alternate jersey is the Bears, but their traditional jersey is dark blue... with orange trim.

Dark blue is a much more fashionable color for, say, a sportcoat or a necktie; But these are the Denver Broncos. The Orange jerseys look great.

Comment

• Hoserman117
                        Pwnin' Nubz
                        • Dec 2006

That'd be pretty cool. Bring back the Orange Crush!!

Comment

• Beerhaver
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                          now i might alone on this would but i think adding black would be cool too.
                          It might make some cool-looking fan merch, but BLACK? On a Broncos jersey?

Besides, switching to black was kind of cool when Jerry Glanville did it in Atlanta, but that was a looong time ago. Now, the only jersey color that's more overdone than black is... dark blue.

Comment

• Bernie24
                            Playmaker
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            That'd be pretty cool. Bring back the Orange Crush!!
                            Fixed the sig i see,.

Comment

• mx_stiles13
                              Banned User
                              • Jan 2008

Blue Crush sounds better. Thet's bring on a new era! We live in the past too much.

Blue jerseys look cooler too.

Comment

Working...
                              X