No announcement yet.

Broncos add Ronald Fields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look for Marques Douglas to soon follow, I hope Mike Nolan isn't this predictable in his game planning.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
      Look for Marques Douglas to soon follow, I hope Mike Nolan isn't this predictable in his game planning.......
      I knew you would have something to this degree to say Talk about predictable!!!

Comment

WOOO! Sorry, but is he a NT or a DE for a 3-4?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          I knew you would have something to this degree to say Talk about predictable!!!
          At least I'm consistent, Rav, some folks around here flip flop around like a Pre-teen Princess......."I love you"......."I hate you"......."I love you"......."I hate you".......

Comment

He is a 6'2 315 lb DT.

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
              He is a 6'2 315 lb DT.
              He's SanFran's BACKUP NT/DE, for the folks who don't know, yet another coup for the Backup Collectors.......

Comment

He's SanFran's BACKUP NT/DE, for the folks who don't know, yet another coup for the Backup Collectors.......
                Hasn't started a game in two years.

Comment

Welll. .for those of you noticing we are signing some back ups or some older players...

I guess its just harder to find those young, fast, strong, super players that are available on the open market.

Of COURSE we are trying to fill in with older players, and second tier players. What did you guys seriously expect? For us to spend 100 million on every top FA available? Thats unrealistic and we KNEW we had about 8 starters, notto mention back-ups, to put on this defense. We needed veteran leadership, filled in with young bodies to hold the place-card while we not only draft, but have yet ANOTHER offseason to fill in some spots. THis wasn't going to be a one-year project to rebuild.

If you were expecting to have all-stars riddled through the defense in one season, then its your expectations that need to be altered.

Comment

Originally posted by Dawkins20 View Post
                    Thanks I figured everyone could use some good news for once. Now we need to sign Ward!
                    Are you offically a Broncos fan? Have you turned your back on the Eagles?

Just asking

:go:

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                      Hasn't started a game in two years.
                      That's pretty much the theme of this free agency for the Broncos, VERY impressive Doogie, I can't believe that nobody has thought of this before.......

Comment

I've been a broncos fan for 12 years! Just loved the Dawkins signing so I figured Id use it as my name

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Welll. .for those of you noticing we are signing some back ups or some older players...

I guess its just harder to find those young, fast, strong, super players that are available on the open market.

Of COURSE we are trying to fill in with older players, and second tier players. What did you guys seriously expect? For us to spend 100 million on every top FA available? Thats unrealistic and we KNEW we had about 8 starters, notto mention back-ups, to put on this defense. We needed veteran leadership, filled in with young bodies to hold the place-card while we not only draft, but have yet ANOTHER offseason to fill in some spots. THis wasn't going to be a one-year project to rebuild.

If you were expecting to have all-stars riddled through the defense in one season, then its your expectations that need to be altered.
                          I had no delusions, Rav, I was just hoping to see a couple legitimate starters brought in on a defense that needed 9 new starters, they signed Dawkins and a bunch of other teams backups.......so that's 3 defensive starters down, 8 defensive starters and a Franchise QB to go.

If they landed a Chris Canty, Ronald Bartell.......someone/anyone like that, this free agent haul looks impressive, but they've ignored anybody that could be a long-term asset.

Look at what the Giants did, combine Canty and someone like Rocky Bernard with a select few of those sweet backups and this team is a legitimate playoff team in 2010 (If they hadn't screwed the pooch with the best player the team has had in more than a decade).......

Comment

I had no delusions, Rav, I was just hoping to see a couple legitimate starters brought in on a defense that needed 9 new starters, they signed Dawkins and a bunch of other teams backups.......so that's 3 defensive starters down, 8 defensive starters and a Franchise QB to go.

If they landed a Chris Canty, Ronald Bartell.......someone/anyone like that, this free agent haul looks impressive, but they've ignored anybody that could be a long-term asset.

Look at what the Giants did, combine Canty and someone like Rocky Bernard with a select few of those sweet backups and this team is a legitimate playoff team (If they hadn't screwed the pooch with the best player the team has had in more than a decade).......
                            I'm not disagreeing with any of this. I completely agree.

I thought we would have made a bigger push for Canty.. and seeing the money he signed for, I dont understand why we werent more in the running. But then, the Giants defense is a lot more intrigueing for a player like Canty, I can't blame him for signing there.

I was VERY much hoping for the safety from the Browns... where did that go? A ton of safeties available, and we get a great leader on the very down side of his career. I expected either older or un knowns, but just give us at least ONE /two starters... SOMETHING that we can look forward to.

Now.. if Cutler is traded...... people will see just how valuable he was to this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Markymarkuss777
                              I hope we can close a deal with Bryant Mcfadden CB for Steelers. Does anyone see another CB out there on the market any better that we could get than him?
                              I maintain he is a product of a great pass rush...but yeah would deff not be a bad pickup if it's not costly

Comment

carlton powell

Comment

Working...
                                X