Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please stop calling our offense number 2...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • please stop calling our offense number 2...

    ok im so sick and tired of reading all these dam threads that say mcd is tearing apart our NUMBER 2 offense because we were NOT NUMBER 2 in the league i will say in YARDS we were number 2 but wth do yards mean? NOTHING absolutely NOTHING we were number 16 in the league in SCORING which is the only stat that matters(outside of wins and losses) thank you :salute!:

  • #2
    16 includes defensive scoring which we were bottom of the league in, and so our position drops yet again because of a crappy defense
    Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bronx is burnin View Post
      ok im so sick and tired of reading all these dam threads that say mcd is tearing apart our NUMBER 2 offense because we were NOT NUMBER 2 in the league i will say in YARDS we were number 2 but wth do yards mean? NOTHING absolutely NOTHING we were number 16 in the league in SCORING which is the only stat that matters(outside of wins and losses) thank you :salute!:
      I agree, people often ignore significant statistics and use the ones that support their argument.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
        16 includes defensive scoring which we were bottom of the league in, and so our position drops yet again because of a crappy defense
        16 in the league is just scoring offense not defense...

        Comment


        • #5
          heres the link showing stats
          http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

          Comment


          • #6
            if you are using NFL.com as a sourceit ranks denver as scoring the 16th highest point total.

            now if you look under the standings, the same number is used to describe the TOTAL points scored, so that lets you know that NFL.com rates scoring based on how many points your team scores over a season, both offensively and defensively
            Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

            Comment


            • #7
              exactly

              the chargers were the #2 offense in the nfl last year


              points are simply more important than yards

              it's a fact

              points win games, the qb with the most yards usually doesn't even make the playoffs

              (brees....cutler)
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
                if you are using NFL.com as a sourceit ranks denver as scoring the 16th highest point total.

                now if you look under the standings, the same number is used to describe the TOTAL points scored, so that lets you know that NFL.com rates scoring based on how many points your team scores over a season, both offensively and defensively
                click on my link and show me where it includes defense i filtered to JUST OFFENSE there is no defense on there

                Comment


                • #9
                  here's another fact that many here will pee all over lol

                  the chargers were 34 points away from going 16-0 lol

                  that's downright scary, and without merriman, and a Defense that was horrible for more than half the season
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                    exactly

                    the chargers were the #2 offense in the nfl last year


                    points are simply more important than yards

                    it's a fact

                    points win games, the qb with the most yards usually doesn't even make the playoffs

                    (brees....cutler)
                    im just so sick of fans who like to state stats but dont care about the important ones...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bronx is burnin View Post
                      ok im so sick and tired of reading all these dam threads that say mcd is tearing apart our NUMBER 2 offense because we were NOT NUMBER 2 in the league i will say in YARDS we were number 2 but wth do yards mean? NOTHING absolutely NOTHING we were number 16 in the league in SCORING which is the only stat that matters(outside of wins and losses) thank you :salute!:
                      Do us all a favor and stop posting or reading
                      We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        btw davey i was agreeing with u sorry if it made it seem like i wasnt

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                          Do us all a favor and stop posting or reading
                          why because i state facts

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            the ranking by offense has denver scoring 370 points during the regular season.

                            Cutler 25 TD passes - 150 points
                            Team rushing - 15 tds - 90 points
                            total if 40 TDs, the denver team page has us scoring 42 BTW

                            kicking
                            Prater - 25/34 FG's, 39/40 Td's - 114

                            plus royals 2 pt conversion - 2 pts

                            grand total of 356........ and we are ranked at 370


                            now I couldnt find the 2 point stats, but the difference is 14, not 2.....

                            so tell me how that doesnt let you know team scoring includes defense

                            edit : i found were it says, we made 2 2 pt conversions. which makes the difference 12... which are the exact point total from the 2 recorded TD's from fumbles provided by your earlier link
                            Last edited by CanadianBroncoFan; 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM.
                            Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
                              the ranking by offense has denver scoring 370 points during the regular season.

                              Cutler 25 TD passes - 150 points
                              Team rushing - 15 tds - 90 points
                              total if 40 TDs, the denver team page has us scoring 42 BTW

                              kicking
                              Prater - 25/34 FG's, 39/40 Td's - 114

                              plus royals 2 pt conversion - 2 pts

                              grand total of 356........ and we are ranked at 370


                              now I couldnt find the 2 point stats, but the difference is 14, not 2.....

                              so tell me how that doesnt let you know team scoring includes defense
                              ok i gotcha sorry i misunderstood what you were stating i was in belief you were saying our defensive scoring how many points they allowed my mistake

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X