Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please stop calling our offense number 2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please stop calling our offense number 2...

ok im so sick and tired of reading all these dam threads that say mcd is tearing apart our NUMBER 2 offense because we were NOT NUMBER 2 in the league i will say in YARDS we were number 2 but wth do yards mean? NOTHING absolutely NOTHING we were number 16 in the league in SCORING which is the only stat that matters(outside of wins and losses) thank you :salute!:

16 includes defensive scoring which we were bottom of the league in, and so our position drops yet again because of a crappy defense
    Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx is burnin View Post
      ok im so sick and tired of reading all these dam threads that say mcd is tearing apart our NUMBER 2 offense because we were NOT NUMBER 2 in the league i will say in YARDS we were number 2 but wth do yards mean? NOTHING absolutely NOTHING we were number 16 in the league in SCORING which is the only stat that matters(outside of wins and losses) thank you :salute!:
      I agree, people often ignore significant statistics and use the ones that support their argument.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianBroncoFan View Post
        16 includes defensive scoring which we were bottom of the league in, and so our position drops yet again because of a crappy defense
        16 in the league is just scoring offense not defense...

Comment

heres the link showing stats
          http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...true&Submit=Go

Comment

if you are using NFL.com as a sourceit ranks denver as scoring the 16th highest point total.

now if you look under the standings, the same number is used to describe the TOTAL points scored, so that lets you know that NFL.com rates scoring based on how many points your team scores over a season, both offensively and defensively
            Thanks Shanahan for the 2 SB's, but its time to move on. With McDaniels I hope to see at least one more, bringing back solid, fundamental football to Denver.

Comment

exactly

the chargers were the #2 offense in the nfl last year

points are simply more important than yards

it's a fact

points win games, the qb with the most yards usually doesn't even make the playoffs

(brees....cutler)
              sigpic

Comment

if you are using NFL.com as a sourceit ranks denver as scoring the 16th highest point total.

now if you look under the standings, the same number is used to describe the TOTAL points scored, so that lets you know that NFL.com rates scoring based on how many points your team scores over a season, both offensively and defensively
                click on my link and show me where it includes defense i filtered to JUST OFFENSE there is no defense on there

Comment

here's another fact that many here will pee all over lol

the chargers were 34 points away from going 16-0 lol

that's downright scary, and without merriman, and a Defense that was horrible for more than half the season
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                    exactly

the chargers were the #2 offense in the nfl last year

points are simply more important than yards

it's a fact

points win games, the qb with the most yards usually doesn't even make the playoffs

(brees....cutler)
                    im just so sick of fans who like to state stats but dont care about the important ones...

Comment

Originally posted by bronx is burnin View Post
                      Do us all a favor and stop posting or reading
                      We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

btw davey i was agreeing with u sorry if it made it seem like i wasnt

Comment

Originally posted by theflammer View Post
                          Do us all a favor and stop posting or reading
                          why because i state facts

Comment

the ranking by offense has denver scoring 370 points during the regular season.

Cutler 25 TD passes - 150 points
                            Team rushing - 15 tds - 90 points
                            total if 40 TDs, the denver team page has us scoring 42 BTW

kicking
                            Prater - 25/34 FG's, 39/40 Td's - 114

plus royals 2 pt conversion - 2 pts

grand total of 356........ and we are ranked at 370

now I couldnt find the 2 point stats, but the difference is 14, not 2.....

so tell me how that doesnt let you know team scoring includes defense

edit : i found were it says, we made 2 2 pt conversions. which makes the difference 12... which are the exact point total from the 2 recorded TD's from fumbles provided by your earlier link
                            Last edited by CanadianBroncoFan; 03-03-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

the ranking by offense has denver scoring 370 points during the regular season.

Cutler 25 TD passes - 150 points
                              Team rushing - 15 tds - 90 points
                              total if 40 TDs, the denver team page has us scoring 42 BTW

kicking
                              Prater - 25/34 FG's, 39/40 Td's - 114

plus royals 2 pt conversion - 2 pts

grand total of 356........ and we are ranked at 370

now I couldnt find the 2 point stats, but the difference is 14, not 2.....

so tell me how that doesnt let you know team scoring includes defense
                              ok i gotcha sorry i misunderstood what you were stating i was in belief you were saying our defensive scoring how many points they allowed my mistake

Comment

Working...
                              X